Portables...

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I 'll get my genie at the end of this week or in the beginning of the next week ....hihihihihi I'm really hurry to get it and see how it work

Clear_Dome,

ozwiz

owner Vaporiser World NOW live Australia
I thought I would post my thoughts on the portable vapes I have. I've got a VM 3 a vapir oxygen & a vapor tower with car adapter ( I guess not totally portable). The VM3 is the best for taste & ease of use ,as long as you pack 6 or so of the herb discs before going on your journey. Bit of a hassle to change discs but bloody economical , so you don't need to reload that often. Good flavour. .:/

I've only used the vapir a couple of times . I got it as a present it's pretty average , plastic taste , a hassle to try & get temp right . A hassle to fill . My advice don't buy one .;)

The vapor tower is an excellent unit very solid & one fill lasts a hell of a long time. Seems pretty solid & is reasonably stealthy without whip attached , so a pretty good unit for using while on the road. Reasonable flavor . Hits as thick as you want it to.

I've got a car adapter for the herborizer , not used as yet & won't be very often I don't think .To many glass bits & pieces . Got the adapter for this for surfing trips. Hope this helps somebody. I would like to try the vapor genie I see there are a few posts about it here that I'll have to find time to read.:)

ozwiz,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Thanks oz...keep your portable experiences coming!

I love it that you surf. My family had a store here in the states years ago and it was great growing up in a surf shop. I've been collecting great surf movies on my tivo lately and my favorite right now is a movie featuring taj burrows...I think it is called 'tidy bits'? (Not sure about the tidy.) He's an aussie, right?

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
I've only used the vapir a couple of times . I got it as a present it's pretty average , plastic taste , a hassle to try & get temp right . A hassle to fill . My advice don't buy one .
The plastic taste goes away. It helps if you run it awhile wide open before use. There's a new member here who has one and loves it. Maybe he'll put in his 2 cts. on it. I expect his advice would be the opposite of yours. :lol:

max,

djelimon

ozwiz - I've read stuff on other forums that the VM3 has battery issues. Comment?

I'm also curious as to what the mouth piece and chamber are made of.

djelimon,

ozwiz

He sure is an aussie . I live in Sydney so crowds are a bit of a hassle .Getting to old to hassle for a wave. That's why I have the collection of portable vapes , I :)get down the coast as often as possible! . Maybe I haven't used the vapir often enough to get rid of the plastic smell . Going down the coast next week I'll give the vapir more of a go . Yes the battery life with the vm3 could be better . IT depends a lot on the temp you vape at I've found. The flavor of vm3 really is good though , not sure exactly what the m/p & chamber are made from. If anybody knows I'd like to hear. I'll try & find that movie. Surfed west coast states in 1978 & 1981 baja & all that . Best time ever! Nice people every where I went.:)
stickstones said:

I love it that you surf. My family had a store here in the states years ago and it was great growing up in a surf shop. I've been collecting great surf movies on my tivo lately and my favorite right now is a movie featuring taj burrows...I think it is called 'tidy bits'? (Not sure about the tidy.) He's an aussie, right?

ozwiz,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
stickstones said:

I love it that you surf. My family had a store here in the states years ago and it was great growing up in a surf shop
Sorry to highjack the thread ... I'm a surfer too. Have been surfing for 25 years ... lived in Aussie for 3 years way back in the late 80's. Now resident in one of NZ's premier surfing spots. Lots of great reef setups.

Surfing and mulling go hand in hand. I'm also a musician ... play guitar ... sing lead in a band and solo. Have written lots of songs etc ... and again herb has been a major part of that.

Now if I could just get a car kit for my vapor daddy ... I could set it up in the Glove Compartment ... and hit the whip after a classic surf.

ozwiz said:
He sure is an aussie . I live in Sydney so crowds are a bit of a hassle .Getting to old to hassle for a wave.
Where abouts in Sydney do you live Ozwiz? I lived in Bondi ... hahaha a kiwi in Bondi ... nuthin new there! Surfed the south coast a bit. Some great waves further south.

vaporcloud,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I love seeing so many cool international vaporists. Don't worry about the hijack, surfers need a good portable vape. :D

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Hey ozwiz, my bad. The name of Taj's movie is 'Fair Bits'. It kicks ass. One of my favorite parts is when they start grabbing anything they can and surf it by towing into small waves. They surf everything from a guitar case to a door...and more. I won't spoil it!

stickstones,

ozwiz

I live in Cronulla good point break always crowded though . I go down sth coast of NSW only an hour out of town you find good spots NO CROWDS. I hit 50 this year so I'm over the crowds. I like the vapor tower for on the road solid as , & have car adapter for it. I 've got some photos of the herborizer here piece by piece to show you guys how it works. I'm trying to figure out how to put them in the forum .:huh: Any tips would be appreciated.

For your vapor daddy try vapor store that's where I got the car adapter for the vapor tower.
vapor_cloud said:
stickstones said:

I love it that you surf. My family had a store here in the states years ago and it was great growing up in a surf shop
Sorry to highjack the thread ... I'm a surfer too. Have been surfing for 25 years ... lived in Aussie for 3 years way back in the late 80's. Now resident in one of NZ's premier surfing spots. Lots of great reef setups.

Surfing and mulling go hand in hand. I'm also a musician ... play guitar ... sing lead in a band and solo. Have written lots of songs etc ... and again herb has been a major part of that.

Now if I could just get a car kit for my vapor daddy ... I could set it up in the Glove Compartment ... and hit the whip after a classic surf.

ozwiz said:
He sure is an aussie . I live in Sydney so crowds are a bit of a hassle .Getting to old to hassle for a wave.
Where abouts in Sydney do you live Ozwiz? I lived in Bondi ... hahaha a kiwi in Bondi ... nuthin new there! Surfed the south coast a bit. Some great waves further south.

ozwiz,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
ozwiz said:
I 've got some photos of the herborizer here piece by piece to show you guys how it works. I'm trying to figure out how to put them in the forum .:huh: Any tips would be appreciated.
Check this. :)

vtac,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
ozwiz said:
I live in Cronulla good point break always crowded though . I go down sth coast of NSW only an hour out of town you find good spots NO CROWDS. I hit 50 this year so I'm over the crowds. I like the vapor tower for on the road solid as , & have car adapter for it. I 've got some photos of the herborizer here piece by piece to show you guys how it works. I'm trying to figure out how to put them in the forum .:huh: Any tips would be appreciated.
50!!! thats sweet man. The surfing, vapping population is certainly an aging one ;) hahaha I'll be 44 this year so I'm on your coat-tails oz. I had a mate living in Cronulla so surfed there often. Never did surf shark island but surfed the point and Voodoo reef.

You can use imageshack to host your pics. >>> http://imageshack.us/ Then you just post the link wrapped in tags.

I need to get a car adapter :lol:

vaporcloud,

ozwiz

Hey v_c thanks for the tip I'll do something about the pics on the weekend. Yeah sharkie has to be just spot on , full of boogie boards these days. You definitely know the old nulla. Hey hey feel 25 when I'm traveling surfing & vapping ! !. :lol:

ozwiz,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Use to surf Sandon point down south. Surfed it with terry Richardson one day. He was a cool dude :D Its was pumping that day!

Just to stay on topic ;) I checked out that car lighter thing to plug my vap into and they are easy to get. Do you have any idea what wattage you V Tower is? Or does anyone know what sort of wattage a standard vaporiser might be?

peace

vaporcloud,

mountainvaper

The Vapir Mini Oxygen is a dandy portable model. with its battery pack, it'll go anywhere... The mini and it's battery pack will fit into a Big Gulp from 7-11 cup and be totally unobtrusive. Not that I would carry it into a concert but this is an interesting use.

MV

mountainvaper,

mountainvaper

ooops... only saw page one and now realize this has been brought up.

The plastic taste goes away soon. So far... several months... no issues with battery pack... but I mostly use it plugged into AC..

I love mine...

and the price is right...

MV

mountainvaper,

max

Out to lunch
My 2 cts on portables-

At the bottom of the range the Ubie, Vaporbat, Vapo portable, etc. all will work, but take a lot of patience. I've heard of a few people satisfied with one, but most aren't. I think they're particularly frustrating if you've used a decent vape.

I think the VaporGenie, with its ceramic filter, is the best affordable pocket sized vape (big pocket though). As vtac pointed out, beware of the VaporBuddy. It's just a ripoff, and even if the $50 model doesn't contain lead, I'd rather support the original US maker.

A lot of people like the Vapir Mini. It's the smallest affordable electric. It uses the same BP as the Vapolution-10 AA size metal hydride batteries, but a 6' cord makes it a lot easier to use than the Vapo. It's a Vapir, with an LCD, so it remains to be seen how it'll hold up long term.

The Vapolution has been my portable. Too impractical for even a jacket pocket IMO, a backpack would do just fine and it's a great car, boat, or camping vape. Now that I've got Tom's Purple Days vape, which WILL fit in a jacket, I'll be even more portable. I can even see using the PD, along with the Vapo BP, in a movie theater, assuming the other patrons are few in number and far enough away.

The VM3 is the smallest electric. Best stealth model, I'd say. Steep price at $450, and I think it may have reliability issues long term, and with frequent use you'll have to replace the battery down the road. I've heard both good and bad comments on this one.

The Supreme Vaporizer works great. Great hits and a nice, accurate display. You need a good table top, lockable torch though, and you can burn yourself or the furniture with either the exposed heat exchanger or the torch. Once you're high this vape takes careful use. It's great when you've got no power though.

The yet to be released Pocket Vape may well sell for $400. But it'll leave every other portable in the dust for stealth. The designer was an engineer with NASA (ME and EE), and has a temp control system he calls closed locked loop. It produces vapor about as fast as you can light a joint and holds temp far better than any other vape. Even a hard hit doesn't seem to faze it. The case doesn't get hot either, so you could take it out, hit it, and return it to your pocket in about 5 seconds. If he can make it reliable it should be a great portable. We'll see where he prices it. This vape interests me a lot.

max,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Max...Is there any noise with the Purple Days?

Also, can you link to any info on the Pocket Vape? Sounds cool and I'd like to look into it.

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
stickstones said:
Max...Is there any noise with the Purple Days?

Also, can you link to any info on the Pocket Vape? Sounds cool and I'd like to look into it.
The only noise is a slight white noise sound from sucking on the vapor tube-heard only with a big hit on a lightly filled tube in a silent room-in other words, no noise at all during typical use.

As for pocket vape info, he's had various pics, graphs, and videos on his site from time to time, but for many months now he only has a couple of links to butane pages (very interesting-kind of explodes the butane taste myth) and two pics and graphs on thermal testing. The unit pictured is a previous prototype. He sent out a link to a handful of people back in Feb. showing his current model in action, and indicated he was ready to line up some production sources. If he's still on schedule we may see the vape hit the market this year. I couldn't get any response from him back in March when I asked some questions, so that's all the current info I've got.

He sent me a couple of video links in Feb. of last year of his research lab (2nd bedroom) and molding and casting room (kitchen). It was very impressive. I'd estimate that he's been working on this vape for about 2 years now full time (and long days too, he said). In the lab he's got a lathe and a 4 axis CNC machine that does all 4 sides of the vape, and he uses a game controller to program the CNC. He also showed some circuitry for an electric model. The same super fast heat up and unbeatable temp control can be applied to an electric vape as well. That bedroom is packed. The kitchen too. Didn't look like he could do much cooking in there. These two videos really showed me how much work is involved in developing a small, revolutionary vape like this. There aren't many people that could do what he's doing. It not only takes expertise in both mechanical and electrical engineering (this guy is really, really smart), but a lot of dedication to the task.

Here's the text of the email he sent with the video links:

"Here's a video of my research lab (2nd bedroom). I had to build a CNC machine to build prototypes. They were becoming so small and intricate. I could not do it by hand or it was too frustrating to try. I built all of my data acquisition and control systems and wrote all the software. That is designing the circuits, etching and soldering the boards, all the way up."

The site is http://www.rockscillc.com/ (pocketvape.com).

max,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Very interesting! The only video I could find was of the butane test. Keep us up to date on what he creates.

stickstones,

streetsofsurrey

hey i am from Canada and I am planning to order a vaporgenie. So i need some canadian sites to purchase this product lol. the one I found is http://www.vaporizergiant.com/vaporgenie_vaporizer.html

its for 49.99 plus you get a free grinder with some legal herbs (probably crappy weed). Also, I believe the shipping is 12.95. This offer ends at midnight tonight! Can someone tell me if the above link is legit or not?

Also, if you have better deals, then please post ASAP.

I am in a need for a vaping product. I had a Herbal Aire (expensive) and it was simply amazing. But sadly, it got thrown away as I got busted (dont ask).

thanks in advance

streetsofsurrey,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
streetsofsurrey said:
hey i am from Canada and I am planning to order a vaporgenie. So i need some canadian sites to purchase this product lol. the one I found is http://www.vaporizergiant.com/vaporgenie_vaporizer.html

its for 49.99 plus you get a free grinder with some legal herbs (probably crappy weed). Also, I believe the shipping is 12.95. This offer ends at midnight tonight! Can someone tell me if the above link is legit or not?

I am in a need for a vaping product. I had a Herbal Aire (expensive) and it was simply amazing. But sadly, it got thrown away as I got busted (dont ask).

thanks in advance
That offer ending at midnight is bullshit, I'll bet. I've seen sites do this before and it always says that. I did see a site that was giving away a Genie with the purchase of an Herbalaire.

I don't think you will find it cheaper than $50.00 and a free grinder is good, all though it is probably plastic.

stickstones,

streetsofsurrey

stickstones said:
streetsofsurrey said:

thanks in advance
That offer ending at midnight is bullshit, I'll bet. I've seen sites do this before and it always says that. I did see a site that was giving away a Genie with the purchase of an Herbalaire.

I don't think you will find it cheaper than $50.00 and a free grinder is good, all though it is probably plastic.
So is that website legit?

streetsofsurrey,
Top Bottom