1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Paying it Forward - A New Direction

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by vtac, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

Back to back posts are OK if there are 6 hours between posts. :)

2. P.A.M.

P.A.M. Vapo Rising

Thank YOU for sharing and all your hard work in bringing vaporizers to those in need! Also ensuring they know how to use it and everything else! You are a true gentleman , Sir! Please keep sharing :)

3. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Now… there are some donations that boggle my mind.
    @Splat has decided to get rid of the old stock of Chewy 1 grinders, and continue on with Chewy 2 grinders.
    He has decided to donate the older version to the low income patients in my area.
    I now have enough Chewy 1 grinders to set up every patient that I know and then some.
    I am making arrangements for a demo/giveaway, at our local 420 Social Club, where almost all participants fit the criteria of being chronically ill, and also of low income.
    Thank you @Splat for your generosity toward the community.
    What a dude!

myla, OyVape, StormyPinkness and 21 others like this.
  4. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

I have told you of @Splat 's generosity with his original Chewy Grinders.
    Today Patty and I made our round's through the community.
    I brought a sack of whole Jasmine flowers to demonstrate in public, as we met a couple in a public setting.
    1. The first stop was a senior citizen. Lovely woman, 82 years of age, with carpel tunnel syndrome, and I was able to demo for her using Mother Nature's own. She was so thrilled, that she could not contain her tears of joy... "I didn't know such things had been invented!"
    2. Next stop was a patient that we met back in 2010. He got his first vaporizer from us, and it still is his go-to vape at home, and on the move he still uses the X-Max Pro, that we gifted him 8 years later! We met at the Post Office... so he got the "Jasmine Demo", which was a hoot, since we were grinding in public!
    3. Third stop was to our Medical Marijuana Doctor's office. She has not charged Patty or I for our renewal visit since the raid. We left her with 3 dozen of the Grinders to use at her discretion, with her patients that were arthritic, or otherwise manually disabled. We know many of them, but they already have vapes, and Our Doctor can help us to touch them all without seeing them all!
    4. Finally we went to visit a friend that I have spoken of before. Cancer of the leg... and 3 years ago he had to have it amputated. The wear on him from using the wheelchair, has limited his manual mobility, and so he was next candidate. He was delighted with its function, and we left him with a huge smile.
    5. In a few days, we will meet with an FC member (she can decide whether she wishes to identify herself or not) that has rheumatoid arthritis, who lives in our area, and we will "hook her up" with the same deal.
    6. Next week we meet with a patient who has had the bones in his hands fused together, due to a crippling arthritic condition. He has seen the Chewy 1 video, and is also very excited (he's called me back 3 times to verify our appointment with him!
    Thank you @Splat for giving the low income patient population here a boost!
    FC.... Thanks for reading.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  5. Splat

Splat Well-Known Member Manufacturer

I'm so glad that I sent these Chewy's to you and it makes my day to know the joy its bringing people. Thanks for your good work @Vitolo

6. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Amen on that Vitolo comment, and please take a bow yourself. Through 'the Sage of the High Desert' you've made life a little better/easier for many of our fellow humans in very desperate need. A HUGE deal to them without a doubt.

It makes a guy feel better about the world just knowing this is going on.

We at the sidelines can also play an important part for (IMO) not many dollars and very little effort. Vitolo's preferred vape for these 'challenged' folks is the F2, with 'Dosing Capsules'. HR is currently having a sale of this device:

https://www.healthyrips.com/store/p38/FURY_2_Bundle___1_FREE_Accessory!.html

If you order one (like I just did) and put (or similar):
    Please substitute Dosing Capsules and send to Vitolo for his continued good work.
    Also kindly match this order, if you will?

HR will match your contribution, at least they have in the past. No guarantee they will continue, of course, they're certainly under no obligation, but doing so would shock those of us who know them and their past commitments to 'the cause'. So you can in essence contribute two F2s to 'the man's effort' for $65 each. Do it, you'll feel good about yourself (with good reason) all day. I just did and the day already seems a little brighter.......and for sure there are more birds at the bird feeders than normal for this time of the morning.

Regards to all and special thanks to @Splat and our very on @Vitolo.

OF

7. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Hey, it just got even better!!!! HR not only matched my order for @Vitolo, but they just lowered the price $20!

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/healthy-rips-fury.24408/page-147#post-1368525

So for 'a mere $109' you can contribute 2 units......Vitolo will see they get to where they do the most good. Now is the time to go for it?

Kudos to HR, we could sure use more like them and @Splat.

OF

8. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Thanks for spreading the word on this magnificent deal.
    True enough those Manufacturers/Sellers sure are helping the community!
    I am humbled by the whole deal.........and wish EVERYONE here a great upcoming 420 day!

9. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

I have received donations of Fury 2 set-ups from 2 different members.
    Both are not the kind to be on stage, but you guys know who you are.... and the FC Members likely have a good guess.
    I am off to quite a start, with 10 sets to go out into the community with.
    Thank you so much for putting me out there well equipped to "represent"!

Stu, Summer, OF and 1 other person like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors