Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

tepictoton

I also think we are just waiting for a vid to see it 'in action'...the unboxing thing has already been done and is found in this thread.

Would be nice to get a more in depth review of this thingy...

sure looks nice, but does it deliver???

And it sounds from your post, vaporizerblog, as if you might have a commercial interest in this. If so, please follow the forum rules and take up contact with vtac...

tepictoton,
I also think we are just waiting for a vid to see it 'in action'...the unboxing thing has already been done and is found in this thread.

Would be nice to get a more in depth review of this thingy...

sure looks nice, but does it deliver???

And it sounds from your post, vaporizerblog, as if you might have a commercial interest in this. If so, please follow the forum rules and take up contact with vtac...

Yes I have seen the unboxing from Vape World also. Made me laugh when they say it is for tobacco..LOL.
Man am I glad I live the Netherlands. At least we can actually show our face while using a vape.. Makes for much better videos don't you think?

As to your concern about my intentions I understand them, but I promise you I am not here for my commercial interests. We just want to make good video's that are helpful and useful.

Since this is a great community and there are real vape enthusiast here, I thought I'd swing by and maybe offer something that is useful. Maybe there are things you'd like an answer for so we can cover them in our video review. I Would believe to think that benefits everyone, but please if I'm wrong please correct me.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'd like to know how many songs it will hold...is it 8 gigs or 16?

Seriously, though...thanks for the opportunity to drop some questions!

I'd like to know airpath composition, if one bowl can be used in multiple sessions or if it bakes through the whole bowl each time, and battery replacement options. How hot does it get and where?

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Since this is a great community and there are real vape enthusiast here, I thought I'd swing by and maybe offer something that is useful. Maybe there are things you'd like an answer for so we can cover them in our video review. I Would believe to think that benefits everyone, but please if I'm wrong please correct me.

I'm interested in the recommendation that the bowl be packed tightly. Does it need stirring to achieve even vapourization? How well does it work with a half load?

If you are associated with a vendor, you would be wise to register as such according to the rules, even if you aren't promoting your business or a particular product. That could save you grief further down the road. The only extra obligation for a registered vendor in a situation like this is for you to make it clear that you're in the business. Failure to register could get you banned. Nobody wants that.

I'm interested in the recommendation that the bowl be packed tightly. Does it need stirring to achieve even vapourization? How well does it work with a half load?

If you are associated with a vendor, you would be wise to register as such according to the rules, even if you aren't promoting your business or a particular product. That could save you grief further down the road. The only extra obligation for a registered vendor in a situation like this is for you to make it clear that you're in the business. Failure to register could get you banned. Nobody wants that.

I have contacted vtac 2 times. I am waiting for an answer. I will refrain from posting until I get an answer, but I will note the questions you are asking.. Until vtac contacts me I will just monitor this thread. Thanks for the questions so far and have a great weekend all!

weedemon

enthusiast
how much gets packs in one full load? are we talking about .2-.3 grams of herbs? this is how much my cloud takes per bowl. most other vapes I have are less.

Flavour. does it last very long? or does flavour go before it finishes giving hits?

appreciate the chance to get to ask questions.

monacokid

HIGH ABV
ohh sweet, im excited to see all the reviews! so im sure there are quite a few things we would like to know. i think most importantly is how effective vapor production is with the filling chamber "loosely packed" about a .1 of material i presume would be adequate to show how effective the unit is using that mount (as they advertise unit works best when tightly pakced). another one of course is how true is the battery life they advertise, and last of all would be vapor production. those would be the mains other than that im sure we can all tell the unit is fairly stealthy and convenient and easy to use just by the video from ploom, so i would focus on those as right know those are the eager to know unknowns.

monacokid

HIGH ABV
sorry weedmon didnt see your post before mine, but yes taste would be one as well, and i think the better question on the bowl is which amount of herb still gives you good vapor production

monacokid,

Adobewan

Right behind Pakalolo, Weedemon, and Monaco in desire for that info.
I urge all manufacturers that come here to seriously promote, market, and get customer feedback for their products, to post a video of the device in use(use mint if you're in a non-legal state) to illustrate loading, vaping, and changing out to a new session.
If you've got a device that's got the goods, post that vid(and price with compassion), and they will fly off your shelves into our hungry paws.
There's a reason G is constantly on here demoing his new stuff, not only is he totally psyched about sharing his innovation, but his products deliver.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Tomorrow I will call and check on the status of the unit they are shipping to me. I will let you guys know when I expect to get the unit. The firs thing I will do is pack it full to see how much material it holds packed. I will then make a video demonstration using the device. Then I will pack the device with half the material and make another demo video. I should be able to get that stuff done the day I get it.

Edit: My 420th Post!

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Good news! I should have my PAX tomorrow. Keep an eye out here for some quick usage videos.

Here is my plan for the first video.

Load it full, unpack it and weigh that amount of flowers. Do three hits, one on each heat level. Take the material out and see the color/evenness of ABV

Load it with half the weight of the first session. Do three hits, one on each heat level. Take the material out and see the color/evenness of ABV

That will give us an idea of how it preforms in terms of vapor production on various temprature, and how it preforms with various amounts of material inside.

I am going to skip the un-boxing video unless someone REALLY REALLY need to see it. Personally, I am not a fan of un-boxing videos.

This is what I tend to think about un-boxing videos (Hilarius):

Benny Lava

Kenner
By far the coolest looking portable vaporizer I've ever seen.
I like the long distence from heating element to mouth piece unlike with most other portables. Really looking forward to some impartial reviews and hoping the PAX keeps what the commercial promisses. If so I pray it doesn't take forever for the PAX to come to Europe.

Benny Lava,
Reactions: mvapes

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Good news! I should have my PAX tomorrow. Keep an eye out here for some quick usage videos.

Here is my plan for the first video.

Load it full, unpack it and weigh that amount of flowers. Do three hits, one on each heat level. Take the material out and see the color/evenness of ABV

Load it with half the weight of the first session. Do three hits, one on each heat level. Take the material out and see the color/evenness of ABV

That will give us an idea of how it preforms in terms of vapor production on various temprature, and how it preforms with various amounts of material inside.

I am going to skip the un-boxing video unless someone REALLY REALLY need to see it. Personally, I am not a fan of un-boxing videos.

This is what I tend to think about un-boxing videos (Hilarius):

Thanks for the Vid - very cool. Soooo looking forward to your feedback on this unit.

mvapes,
Reactions: ili

dncrgrl

Professional Lurker
Excited to see this vape in action! Haven't bought a new one in over a year but I'm itching for a discreet rechargeable portable- Looking like it's a toss up between the Pax and the Puffit... The Pax is sexy and looks like all the gadgets and doo-dads I have laying around my room (and comes in purple :D ). And the Puffit makes me a teeny bit less annoyed that I have asthma :) I wanna hear about them both more in-depth. Of course I don't need them both, along with my MFLB, but it might just end up being which one do I buy first hehehe. The real decision maker for me will be if Pax is a $250 quality device or would I just be paying for the pretty??

dncrgrl,

JCat

Accessory Maker
This thing does look awesome ... especially interested in the larger bowl area. Also looks like it will be easy to clean/maintain (chamber looks easy to blow/brush out after each use and the mouthpiece and stainless tube look like they will be nice and easy to clean as well)

Can't wait for the review! (and for wider availability ... so many cool new vaporizers coming out and only so much money ... decisions, decisions!:))

JCat,

weedemon

enthusiast
This thing does look awesome ... especially interested in the larger bowl area. Also looks like it will be easy to clean/maintain (chamber looks easy to blow/brush out after each use and the mouthpiece and stainless tube look like they will be nice and easy to clean as well)

Can't wait for the review! (and for wider availability ... so many cool new vaporizers coming out and only so much money ... decisions, decisions!:))

I hear you buddy! what other portables are you currently considering? IM torn between this and the solo. just gotta wait a few more months.

weedemon,

JCat

Accessory Maker
I hear you buddy! what other portables are you currently considering? IM torn between this and the solo. just gotta wait a few more months.

I currently have a Solo as primary portable (and I love my Solo ... but with the Solo it's a pretty small bowl ... when I'm travelling I always find myself missing the larger capabilities of my Volcano ... that being said, I think the Solo produces some of the tastiest vapor out there ...)

I also have an all glass Sherlock Vapor Genie, and a Glass Vapor Bat as other portables ... they're ok but get dirty pretty quick and the Sherlock isn't that portable ... had a MFLB and an NO2 but never liked them much for various reasons (gave away my NO2 and traded my MFLB with someone) ... what I find is most portables seem to suffer from either performance or convenience ... but I haven't tried them all so I'm hardly an expert.

I've also been looking at the other portables, but they seem to be more directed at concentrate users or for little one hitters ... I want a portable that I can quickly load up and do a 0.15-0.30 session as I tend to medicate every 2-4 hours.

DasBlunt

250USD? No way.

35USD absolute max to manufacture. In China?

105 retail seems to be the sweet spot for a quality portable to really succeed.

DasBlunt,

SpartyOn

I don't like spending more than I have to but *if* it performs well many of us would be willing pay for the discretion factor. My solo is decently discrete but this thing looks like an iPod

SpartyOn,
Reactions: vape4life
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom