• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
So many pre-orders...

any more videos?

:ninja:

I really feel like this ones going to be in a category by itself. Its like a little carry around oven! I really am looking forward to this - and it looks easy to clean too. The Ploom is designed on a very similar concept to the Iolite - if you watch the videos on it you could only imagine in a perfect world powderizing our beloved MJ like they do the tobacco and enjoying a truly no-clean up needed vape session on a super portable device.

monacokid

HIGH ABV
some one really needs to upload a video of use, im sure it will be more than effective enough for most. but a majority of these reviews have been biased reviews so even if they there videos from the company we can at least see how effective and nice the thing works, and as long as battery life is as true as we hear it to be then we should be in business! :D

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
some one really needs to upload a video of use, im sure it will be more than effective enough for most. but a majority of these reviews have been biased reviews so even if they there videos from the company we can at least see how effective and nice the thing works, and as long as battery life is as true as we hear it to be then we should be in business! :D

Well first you got to have this out on the market or have a beta testers crowd...since neither of this happened...we will have to wait for out dear members to review this baby.

I hope it delivers because it looks like a winner.

m0sh,
This unit really looks awesome but i feel a major downside will be the load size. That bowl is deep IMO and in the vapeworld video, the girl with the cute voice says, "It works best when packed tightly" The bowl looks like it could hold anywhere from a .5 to a whole gram. Im interested in hearing you guys who pre-ordered results.

VaporBoxed,
Reactions: darkrom

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
she did have a cute voice.. we'll have to see if it can handle smaller amounts too, but personally I can't wait to pack it tight and full until I can hardly get the lid closed, then see how long it lasts me on a day out and about :cheers:

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Hopefully like most such things, it will drop in price when the steam and hype dies down. Let's cross our fingers this thing is a hit

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
This unit really looks awesome but i feel a major downside will be the load size. That bowl is deep IMO and in the vapeworld video, the girl with the cute voice says, "It works best when packed tightly" The bowl looks like it could hold anywhere from a .5 to a whole gram. Im interested in hearing you guys who pre-ordered results.

If it shuts off every 30 seconds and .5 can hold for about an hour of clear vapor, then why the hell not?
I mean this is a problem for me with portables...after the pre made use its not really fun to repack and such...at least for me - talking about outdoor use....if I pack .5 before I leave me house

m0sh,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
A tightly packed large conduction chamber sounds like a recipe for frequent dumping and stirring to me. If it's tightly packed, just shaking it won't do the job.

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
ya know id be happy about the bowl size that big if i could just have a session and set it down without it roasting if you dont hit it (like a solo\iolite) ill def keep my eye on this, very cool looking vape

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
and with a short heat up time, it would help that problem I have about getting to stoned to remember the vape is on, or that it turned off on it's own(like in the case of my solo). If I want those few lasts hits to finnish a session, or even turn it to the highest heat and somehow connect it to a waterpipe, it would only take what they claim to be 30 seconds to heat back up. Less time waiting to vape, more time vaping right? :tup:

kushcabbage,

kertong

*please delete me*
if I can load up the full .5g and "forget about it", and just sip at it as I need to throughout the day, then I am SO preordering this baby RIGHT now.

Why August? *whine whine* August is SOOO FAAAR AAWWWAAAYYY....

kertong,

togepi258

Wow. I just heard about this vap today. This thing looks SICK! I just ordered my ThermoVape yesterday too haha. I look forward to seeing the reviews, come August.

togepi258,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs

Funny, I feel a major positive would be the large load size. I would love a portable that would let me stuff .25 to .5 of worth of plant material inside. Each time I medicate I use about .25 to .5 grams worth of material. It would be a portable that would allow me to medicate to the level I like with one oven load. Most devices I have to do two or three sessions to get to the level of medicated that works for. Big plus in my book! Although I could see how for some they would not like having to load that much material into the oven.

monacokid

HIGH ABV
all valid points but i think were overlooking the simplicity of the product, im sure it vapes fine with about .25g which is about half the bowl, and in a vape session who dosent use that much anyways?

monacokid,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
all valid points but i think were overlooking the simplicity of the product, im sure it vapes fine with about .25g which is about half the bowl, and in a vape session who dosent use that much anyways?

Lots of us. Log vapourizers, for example, typically take much smaller loads. I typically load about .1 g in my LB and I'm not sure you could even get .25 in there.

If they are advising "tightly packed" then I suspect there will be issues with smaller loads. Unevenly baked comes to mind.

max

Out to lunch
monacokid said:
im sure it vapes fine with about .25g which is about half the bowl, and in a vape session who dosent use that much anyways?

pakalolo said:
Lots of us.
Including me. I often vape considerably less than that in a whole day. I'd have to take a pass on any vape that requires me to load .25g, or anywhere close to it.

monacokid

HIGH ABV
you two may be right, it does seem people use less than .25, and if it does not work effectively then u might have to find the right vape for you. the only other high quality vape i can think of to compete would be the mivape as it seems it has a smaller loading bowl.

monacokid,

monacokid

HIGH ABV
or the solo/davinci which is out right now. and when they say it works better tightly packed i can only think of the extreme q, how you get better hits when u pack your herbs tightly into that bowl screen thing at the elbow piece than rather it sit loosely on the piece that touches the element. it still vapes fine just not AS good

monacokid,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
you two may be right, it does seem people use less than .25, and if it does not work effectively then u might have to find the right vape for you. the only other high quality vape i can think of to compete would be the mivape as it seems it has a smaller loading bowl.

The Magic Flight Launch Box conserves herb way better than this. I have been considering this vaporizer as an additional portable, but if you need to load .25 at a time, I'll just stay with my MFLB.

Vicki,

monacokid

HIGH ABV
The Magic Flight Launch Box conserves herb way better than this. I have been considering this vaporizer as an additional portable, but if you need to load .25 at a time, I'll just stay with my MFLB.
i also have a mflb, i find that mflb sessions take much longer than a typical vape session even with stronger batteries and even with the mflb u gota shake up ur herbs for an even bake, so if u have about .1 of herbs in ur pax unit im sure a shake or two will mix up the blend just fine for an even bake, and whats the biggy if u do it for ur mflb anyways? i find the mflb is only convenient for 1 trench, if u want to get stoned it takes forever imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom