Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
The party mode is real. I asked them about it. They would not tell me how to turn it on. I have OCD and I have actually destroyed devices trying to figure out how to activate ester egg functions. I am not trying to hard because I don't want to end up taking the device apart. My theory so far is it has to do with clicking the temperature setting in a certain way. I figured if I stumble across it I will know. There are so many different colors on the device it is hard for me to keep track of what color means what right now. I might have even turned it on already but not noticed because I was oblivious to the color meaning it is in party mode. Purple, White, Yellow, Orange, Red, and Green are the colors I have seen so far.

I just got done doing the initial run. I am editing the video now. It should be ready in a bit. I did some size comparisons, and tested the device out. I did two draws on each heat sitting with a full loaded chamber. I have not tested a half loaded chamber yet.

I'd be willing to bet that purple is the "party mode."

Vicki,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I'd be willing to bet that purple is the "party mode."

I will take your money now ;) Purple means it is warming up.

Purple = Warming
Green = Up to Temp
Yellow = Lowest Temp
Orange = Medium Temp
Red = Highest Temp
Blue = Low Power Mode (Sleep Mode)
Flashing Colors = Party Mode

I think the white I saw is actually blue...

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: Vicki
I just chatted with technical support. They answered instantly and were really helpful, but theyre not giving away any secrets!

I feel comfortable knowing if i ever need any help or had any problems that theyre just a click away and will answer within seconds.

VaporBoxed,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I have been talking with customer service off an on for the past few weeks. They have always responded with in 24 hours. They have been very very helpful in answering all my questions. They would not give away any hits about the Party Mode though. They did say it does not require me taking apart the device... I have been very impressed with their communication and technical support so far.

Try shaking it while pressing the mouthpiece in. I asked if it is activated by pushing in the mouthpiece and they did not say no so my guess is it has to do with the mouthpiece.

VaporBoxed,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I will take your money now ;) Purple means it is warming up.
Purple = Warming
Green = Up to Temp
Yellow = Lowest Temp
Orange = Medium Temp
Red = Highest Temp
Blue = Low Power Mode (Sleep Mode)
I think the white I saw is actually blue...

::hands Slightly Medicated a virtual ten dollar bill:: I stand corrected! :)

::still wondering about "party mode"::

monacokid

HIGH ABV
it seems like sm is to baked to post a video, im too eager to see this video, after your first impressions review we cant wait to hear more!!!!

monacokid,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Hehehe I am not too baked... I don't think that is possible with my tolerance.

I am exporting the video now. The total length is about 15 minutes long. That takes about 24 minutes to export... well my program is telling me an estimated 24 minutes.

I then have to upload it to YouTube. That might take 45-60 minutes.

Keep in mind I recorded it in 1080p using my Nikon D7000. The final video file is going to be 1+ gigs of data. Lots of processing/uploading required to get it to YouTube.

:rolleyes:
Patience my friend... It usually takes me about thirty minutes to an hour for a video to upload.

VaporBoxed,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
So the unit can detect when the mouthpiece is in the device or not. I do not think It will not run or warm up when the mouthpiece is not in the device... from what I can tell at least. This means my idea of making a modification that works with a water pipe might not work. It looks like if you want to use a water pipe we will have to come up with a modification involving the mouthpiece.

15 minutes left on my export. Then I can upload it. I am doing another session as we speak. I am trying to figure out if this vaporizer functions more on convention or conduction. Right now I am leaning towards conduction. I get a thicker hit if I wait about 30 seconds between hits. If I do rapit fire hits it gets thinner as I keep hitting. Once I let it sit again for a moment it build back up and starts hitting thicker again. The air flow is through the lid of the oven. It flows around the edge of the lid and the device into the oven area and down the tube. If you put your hand over the lid and press you can block off air flow.

I am still trying party mode but no luck yet.

I am getting tons of hits off this load though on medium heat. I lost count actually...

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
HAHAHAHA I just activated party mode by accident. I have no idea what I did to make that happen. It flashed the lights through the various colors like a disco ball. It did not affect temp or anything.

I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!! You have to hold the device straight up and down in front of you. Then you shake it back/forth towards/away from you a few times. So instead of up and down to check the battery you go back and forth to turn on party mode!

Edit: Maybe not. I got it to turn on a 2nd time but not the 3rd.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
evil party mode. Well it has something to do with shaking. I have activated it 3 times now.

I am uploading to YouTube as we speak. It says it will wake about 140 minutes before it is ready... dang. The video file was 3.4 gigs.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I figured out party mode... I can activate it every time I want now. It has to do with how you shake the device. What I do is turn it on and then shake it in a circular clockwise rotation. Here is a video demonstration of party mode and how to activate it.

MarchLM

Hey SM Its really hard to imagine what would happen with unit while its heated up? Its really not 2hot2handle?

MarchLM,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
It has not gotten too hot for me to handle yet. The very end right around the oven gets a little warm. I would say less then the DaVinci... although I still need to run it more before I fully commit to that statement.

The area around the top of the device stays very cool to the touch. If you hold the device by the top half you should have no issues with heat.

The video is still uploading to the YouTubes... it is currently at %19 percent uploaded. To give everyone an idea. It is 15 minutes long:

I compare the size of the PAX to my Solo and DaVinci.
I sort of go over my first impressions.
Then I fill the oven full and weight it out. (A fully packed oven held .26 or so worth of flowers)
I re-pack the oven and take two hits at each temperature level.
Then I take the ABV out and examine it for evenness and color.

I had not used the device at all until I videos myself. So really what you are going to get is my unfiltered first impressions. I have already gotten used to the mouthpiece closing mechanism and don't think it is that big of a deal.

My impressions can always change as I use the device. I have done two fully packed sessions and they turned out pretty great. I do feel like it might be more of a conduction vaporizer then other portables. If you let it sit and take the lid off you can see some vapor sitting in the oven waiting to be inhaled. That being said I feel like it is a good conduction vaporizer. I think it deserves further discussion about this vaporizer and conduction/convection. I still need to keep testing. The ABV is coming out pretty even. I would say the ABV is on par with the SOLO but not the DaVinci.

I still need to test a half loaded chamber. I guess I will do that now. If there is much of a difference in performance I will make another video ASAP. If it preforms relatively similar I will make a video comparing how it works packed and fluffy.

Sorry it is taking so long to get the videos exported and uploaded. I am dealing with such large files that it is just part of the process. I ma hoping everyone will appreciate the extra quality that comes with the extra time involved in uploading and producing the HD videos. It should be worth the wait.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Okay I finished up the smaller oven load session. I loaded about half the material in the oven as I would for a fully packed oven. It preformed about the same as a fully packed oven. The flowers on the top and in the middle were a little lighter then the flowers along the side of the chamber.

The only major difference is I had to bump it up to high sooner in the session. I also got less hits overall... though that is to be expected.

I took a picture of the ABV with my camera phone. The bottom pile is a fully packed chambers worth of flowers. The upper pile is half that amount or a lightly packed load. A fully loaded chamber is about .26 and a lightly packed chamber is about .13

Here is a picture of the end result:

7404715894_bd750629f9_z.jpg

My device is back on the charger. I went though about 4 sessions total and had it running off and on for about 2 hours or more. I think the battery did pretty well. I need to stop experimenting with it so much. Once I figure out a pattern that works I will be able to test how long the battery really lasts. Until then though I am taxing the battery by running it ALLOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom