Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
i also have a mflb, i find that mflb sessions take much longer than a typical vape session even with stronger batteries and even with the mflb u gota shake up ur herbs for an even bake, so if u have about .1 of herbs in ur pax unit im sure a shake or two will mix up the blend just fine for an even bake, and whats the biggy if u do it for ur mflb anyways? i find the mflb is only convenient for 1 trench, if u want to get stoned it takes forever imo.

It only takes me 2-3 good rips on my MFLB to get really medicated. I'm using top quality medical herb and hash, though. I don't want to pack up, and waste, a lot of herb. I prefer to conserve, while still getting where I need to be.

Vicki,
Reactions: pakalolo

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I would not get hung up on the "packed tightly" comment. Did you see the "tobacco" they were using? I really don't think that is going to apply to the tobacco we will be loading into this! That's why we need to see someone actually using this. I for one, love the larger bowl because I just want to load it up in the morning, stick it in my pocket and hit it when I need to throughout my day.

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
we are going to have to remember that this product was made for tobacco from a company that seems very interested in tobacco based on their first model, and their flavored tobacco pods they produced.

kushcabbage,
Reactions: vape4life

weedemon

enthusiast
I contacted them to welcome them to the vaporizer world and they said this, "Indeed we are a tobacco company, and do not warrant or recommend non-tobacco use."

are they serious?!? or just protecting their asses for legal reasons?

weedemon,

SD_haze

I contacted them to welcome them to the vaporizer world and they said this, "Indeed we are a tobacco company, and do not warrant or recommend non-tobacco use."

are they serious?!? or just protecting their asses for legal reasons?
:doh:
Talk about shooting yourself in the foot...

SD_haze,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I would imagine legal reasons... it sounds like a similar approach that Arizer took. Except Ploom is hitching their post to Tobacco and not Aromatherapy. I don't think the PAX product is meant for vaporizing tobacco. The vaporization temperature of tobacco is about 275-305 Fahrenheit or so... that temp range is much lower then the lowest sitting they have on the PAX vaporizer. The temps on the PAX are right around exact the range of vaporizing flowers. I think just by design you can tell what it is meant for. It sounds like they are being ultra cautious.

Also from a buisness standpoint it would not make as much since to make a product that would compete with the sale of their little tobacco pod things. They are using the Printer Cartridge Model or the Keurig Coffee Make model with the tobacco pods. They sell the device rather cheap. Then they sell the reusable pods. That is where the continuing revenue comes from. Selling a product that uses loose leaf tobacco would not be advantageous because it would take profit away from their tobacco pod model.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: Gandalf

Gandalf

I would imagine legal reasons... it sounds like a similar approach that Arizer took. Except Ploom is hitching their post to Tobacco and not Aromatherapy. I don't think the product is meant for vaporizing tobacco. The vaporization temperature of tobacco is about 275-305 Fahrenheit or so... that temp range is much lower then the lowest sitting they have on the PAX vaporizer. The temps on the PAX are right around exact the range of vaporizing flowers. I think just by design you can tell what it is meant for. It sounds like they are being ultra cautious.

I completely agree. These guys seem to know what they are doing. Their marketing is professional and well-done, and they will likely get a fair amount of press. Standing behind their device as a tobacco vaporizer is smart in my opinion.

Also, I really want one.

weedemon

enthusiast
they said that in response to when i originally said " I understand that you are originally an e-cig company? I don't use tobacco so I wouldn't really know about any of that."

but then they later went on to say "We look forward to having customer reviews spread online; we're already building up quite a reputation through some media outlets who have tried out Pax. We can't wait for you to be able to try it for yourself!"

so they know im not a tobacco user, they covered their butts and then said they want me to be able to try it out too!

Oh_I_See_What_You_Did_There.jpg

passthecheese

Hey guys!

long time lurker, first time poster. I've been following this Pax thing since the gizmodo article came out. I'm excited, for all of the reasons you all have mentioned.

I wanted to add something new, I was google-ing last night and I discovered that Vaporizer Blog, got a hold of one of the demo units and they are preparing to produce a review video. I commented on the post on their website, and they said they would cover any questions we may have in their video we ask them on their site.

This could potentially be the answer we have all been waiting for.

Thanks passthecheese, actually the creator of the Vaporizer Blog is Slightly Medicated, He posted just 4 posts ahead of you. You could see the link to the site in his sig.

VaporBoxed,

monacokid

HIGH ABV
so you void your warranty if you use the product to "medicate" if i stand correctly, or your sayig its suggested use is strictly for tobaco?

monacokid,

JoeKickass

That's a pretty standard question, the important thing is the heater/body unit so does anyone know:

1) How long warranty is and if there is any fee for a replacement unit?
2) After warranty when the battery needs to be replaced, what is the fee for a replacement unit?

JoeKickass,
Thanks passthecheese, actually the creator of the Vaporizer Blog is Slightly Medicated, He posted just 4 posts ahead of you. You could see the link to the site in his sig.
So we might be getting a good video review sooner rather than later :dog:

Futuretvowner,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Hey guys!

long time lurker, first time poster. I've been following this Pax thing since the gizmodo article came out. I'm excited, for all of the reasons you all have mentioned.

I wanted to add something new, I was google-ing last night and I discovered that Vaporizer Blog, got a hold of one of the demo units and they are preparing to produce a review video. I commented on the post on their website, and they said they would cover any questions we may have in their video we ask them on their site.

This could potentially be the answer we have all been waiting for.

Yep, that would be me. I will have to wait till they get the units in from the Manufacturer. I am on the top of the list in terms of who is getting shipped units first. Right now I don't know anything more then what the manufacture will share with me. I have been e-mailing them back and forth asking questions that pop into my head. Once I get the unit thought I would be more then happy to answer any questions people have about it.

I tried to get a unit sooner but I could not get my hands on one.

On a side note I am glad you came across my blog. I hope you enjoy reading it. :tup: Working on some new reviews as I type.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

monacokid

HIGH ABV
wohoo dam im excited to see your review @slightly medicated how soon will you be getting the unit? Maybe we can get a couple of review vids from other places as a few people seem to luckily have gotten there hands on one, so we get a true picture of the product

monacokid,

skrap

Also very excited to see the vid review. On the verge on pre-ordering, but might as well wait to see the reviews.

My concern is how hot will it get, handling wise?

FYI: use coupon code teahc20 for 20% of at vapeworld. That puts the pax at 199$ to your door.

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
<< Also looking forward to the vid review from Slightly Medicated !! This unit looks pretty slick if it's all that its cracked up to be ;)

smokum,
Hello Everyone. I see everyone is getting excited about this new vape.. Well so are we. We got our hands on one and I thought I'd mention that we are actually preparing shooting the first unboxing vid. I know an unboxing isn't what you probably waiting for but we will follow up with more specific reviews. I asked on vaporizerblog.com to our commenter above to see if FC members would like to ask questions about specific things that we should cover or emphasize. So if anyone wants to know something just leave it in the commenst and I'll make sure we discuss it in the review vids.

~Janet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom