• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

frayded

Superfly on TNT
Just received an e-mail from vape world about the Pax by ploom. The only thing I know about Ploom is that they are known for e-cigs, but this looks like they're trying to get into the "herbal market" with the Pax.

Here's the web site: http://www.ploom.com/pax and the Pax Vaporizer on Vape World for $249.

And for the good stuff, pictures:

gNby8.png
yTUSo.png

Anyone know anything else about this?

SD_haze

Well, their introduction videos on the website are certainly professionally done. A lot of visible vapor, but I guess that's probably from the tobacco.

SD_haze,

frayded

Superfly on TNT
yeah, I'd love to see this in action before I pull the trigger on an Arizer Solo. The temperatures sound about right for vaping though:

• Low = 370 deg. F (188 C)
  • Med = 390 deg. F (199 C)
  • Hot = 410 deg. F (210 C)

frayded,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Looks very interesting, a slimmer solo. Almost could have been made by apple by the design of it, very intrested anyone know when it will be available to buy? I love to give this a try and a full review

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I also got an email about this vaporizer. I would want to know how reliable it was, and get reviews before I ever considered buying it. Guess we will have to wait until after August 1st for that. :)

JoeKickass

I like it! The heater being at the bottom of the device gives it a long airpath and should keep the top cooler.

I only worry about battery life, not enough room in there for a single 18650 let alone two... it needs to have a very efficient heater or 99% of the inside space better be made of battery...

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
I like it! The heater being at the bottom of the device gives it a long airpath and should keep the top cooler.

I only worry about battery life, not enough room in there for a single 18650 let alone two... it needs to have a very efficient heater or 99% of the inside space better be made of battery...

Battery is a 2600 mAh capacity with a 10 year warranty

I've invited ploom to participate in this thread let's see if they sign up

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I wish it was for the battery

The Limited Warranty does not apply to normal performance degradation of batteries

But nevertheless a 10 year warranty is generous, assuming that the battery is replaceable. Otherwise it's pretty useless lol

I'm keen to hear more.

WatTyler,

max

Out to lunch
Battery is a 2600 mAh capacity with a 10 year warranty

I've invited ploom to participate in this thread let's see if they sign up
I don't suppose you told 'em that they're not allowed to post until they're approved as a commercial poster.

max,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
I don't suppose you told 'em that they're not allowed to post until they're approved as a commercial poster.
I have and mentioned they should best look at the rules of the fourm before they make a presence, cheers

kushcabbage,
Reactions: max

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
I completely understand. The rules and etiquette were the first thing I read before making an account. (after stalking this forum for years lol) and have linked them to http://fuckcombustion.com/rules/ :cheers:

I have pre-ordered, hell why not I just got paid. So August 1st or a bit after, look forward to an in depth review. I will be mostly likely comparing extensively to an Airizer Solo, since I have one. I have a feeling the pop out on, pop out off mouthpiece design is just what solo users have been looking for, being tired of a glass stem that can be iffy at best.

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
I have pre ordered, hell why not I just got paid. So August 1st or a bit after look forward to a in depth review. I will be mostly likely comparing to an Airzer Solo, since I have one.
looking forward :) wana know what the battery life will be like

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
looking forward :) wana know what the battery life will be like
the solo is a Li-Ion 18650 7.4v 2200 mAh so depending on airflow, conductivity of heat, bowl placement, etc; on paper this seems like a longer lasting model with a 2600, but no idea on the configurement yet, or even if the battery is user replaceable or moldable. Not to mention no way of knowing how evenly it will heat up botanical's to a desired vapor production temperature until it is in my hands with a fresh ground up nugget of our favorite plant inside. :tup:

kushcabbage,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Can herb be vaporized with the regular Ploom (not the Pax), or is it strictly for tobacco use?
:peace:

Stu,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
Seems like this could be pretty cool, if it performs that is. Reviews will tell. The charger base seems fairly thought out anyway. I can tell I have been on FC for too long because I am already wondering what the internals look like before I invest any real interest in this. Haha.

pandawok56

I agree peloton. I really want to find out how long a battery charge will last and if the stainless steel air path is any good. Judging from the video, the bowl seems to be conduction like the iolite which I personally don't like because you have to wait-hit-wait rather than the continuous hits my DaVinci provides. But I really do like the simplicity of both the design and use and the shake feature is something new. Hope the manufacturer clears and joins us soon.

pandawok56,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Very interesting looking product. It looks very well designed. It looks like me of a Solo and a VaporBlunt combined. I can't wait to find out more information about this product. I like the simplicity and sleekness of the design.

I found this about the battery and heat up time:

• What kind of battery is it and how do I charge it? How long does it take to charge? How long will it hold a charge?
Lithium ion rechargeable internal battery charges in just one hour via included plugin charging stand. Charge lasts for approximately 2 hours of continuous use, about a week under typical use.

• How fast does it heat up?
Pax heats up and is ready to enjoy in as little as 30 seconds.

Here is a link to the PDF manual:

http://www.ploom.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/12-0515_PAX_UserGuide_r6.pdf

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: Athena

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
According to page 23 of the manual (page 12 on the pdf), the Ploom's warranty is NOT covered by acts of piracy.

Damn. I had high hopes for this vape, but now I can't even sail around Somalia without voiding my warranty. This is bullshit. :rant:

cow-a-bunga

the solo is a Li-Ion 18650 7.4v 2200 mAh so depending on airflow, conductivity of heat, bowl placement, etc; on paper this seems like a longer lasting model with a 2600, but no idea on the configurement yet, or even if the battery is user replaceable or moldable. Not to mention no way of knowing how evenly it will heat up botanical's to a desired vapor production temperature until it is in my hands with a fresh ground up nugget of our favorite plant inside. :tup:

The Solo packs 4400 mAh with its two Li-Ion 18650 3.7v 2200 mAh batteries.

cow-a-bunga,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Seems like this could be pretty cool, if it performs that is. Reviews will tell. The charger base seems fairly thought out anyway. I can tell I have been on FC for too long because I am already wondering what the internals look like before I invest any real interest in this. Haha.

Amen. My biggest concern with all these new, cool looking vapes coming out now is the airpath and how little is mentioned about it in the marketing materials.

From the manual, it appears to be an all-or-mostly SS vapor path.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
From what I can see it seems to be a conduction unit with a non-replaceable battery for $249. I hope the manufacturer does show up to clarify some of this, because those are not the characteristics I'd look for in a vapourizer, even one with a slick LED (which, incidentally, looks like it has at least some of the same problems for the colour-blind that got some posters jumping all over the Puff It Stealth).

I do find some aspects of the design attractive. I'm not colour-blind, so I like the LED. It's compact and innocuous; no one would know what it was. Depending on reviews, I'd consider it at the $150 price point, but not at $249.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom