Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

JoeKickass

Tanuvan said:
Hello forum members! I have the Omicron and it is pretty awesome.

Is there any company that can make a cart that is refillable and durable rather than these single use carts? Why is there no stainless steel cart that you just fill with concentrate and it does not need to be replaced? Is it an income stream thing for the manufacturers?

Thanks!

Tan

You can refill the cartridges till the heaters die can't you?

I think these carts are better than most... the things that limit the lifespan are the specialty things not the stainless steel body. Heaters burn out, non-metal things like seals and the wick deteriorate. You would rather replace the cartridge than the unit right?

JoeKickass,
G

u guys have seen the data on what is left behind as residue from even the highest quality butane?

toxins, nasty ones

be careful my butane vaping peeps

imo the omicron would be the shit with some fmcd

also so people know the atmos rx works with omicron carts....

Guest,

OF

ganjapharma said:
havent yet had a plug that wouldnt clear with heat and time. worst case i gotta prime it like 10 times, eventually it gets so hot i can barely hold it , but every bad plug has cleared within a minute (usually comes SPLAT into the groovy silicone tip)

Thanks, I got that type too. The ones I'm talking about now are very minor. It needs no heat to clear, a modest suck gets a soft pop (like a tiny valve opening) and everything is normal. Next time it's back again (major clogs in the flue usually stay clear for me if I don't pause too long between hits).

FWIW, at one point I used to scrape those splats out of the mouthpiece and then put them back in the cart again for another trip through. Then I got smart and measured them, there's almost no weight there, now a q-tip and alcohol is the call.

OF

OF

OF,

OF

JoeKickass said:
I've found you can get a cartridge pretty much back to perfect by cleaning it with toilet paper. I take a single square, pull it in two so it's just one ply and then twist it from the corner so you have a really long skinny q-tip. If you're skillful you can get four out of a single ply. Get the cart warm, clean out the air tube above and below the heater until the paper comes out clean and it will act like new.

Cool. Thanks for the tip, but given my luck I'd end up with a jam of TP up the spout and be looking for a tiny tiny corkscrew to get it out...... I wonder if you could do the same with say cotton string that would be stout enough to stand up to a serious pull out?

OF

OF,
First off, hats off to Omicron for leading the way.

Now that your product has proven to rock, please describe the difference between it and any standard "Cartomizer" available for much less at somewhere like smokeforpennys.com

The "Ego" has a uncannily similar form factor - all the way down to the charger and case. Some even have digital readout, and you can get two around 30 bucks.

The refill cartridge offered but Omicron appears to be modified and well worth the price. I think you could probably add them to any battery base for a cartomizer compatible vape pen.

So the question is , did Omivape mod thier base to be an ideal temperature? Or can you get a ghetto-vape for 18 bucks and then add a 10 dollar omicron cartridge?

Mind you, for one as nice as the omi (stainless steel) its still pricey... about 70 bucks for a double set... But still much cheaper...

I await your response (And I really hope you tell me they are modded because I spent 300 on 2 omicrons and refills carts...

And if not, VIVA LA LIBERATION FOLKS, go build your own...

(http://www.smokeforpennys.com/ego-t-1100mah-w-lcd-screen-kit/)

Doublehead,

OF

Tanuvan said:

Is there any company that can make a cart that is refillable and durable rather than these single use carts? Why is there no stainless steel cart that you just fill with concentrate and it does not need to be replaced? Is it an income stream thing for the manufacturers?

Thanks!

Tan

Howdy, Tan, welcome to the fun.

I'm sorry, but you've got me confused and I need your help getting sorted out. How old is your Omicron? Is it the newer brushed stainless steel one with a SS cover cone about two inches long or the older one, painted black or white (I think) with an inch long cone the same color?

The new one should have come with at least one of the very carts you want (empty, of course). The older ones used one use carts (with cotton wicks 'burning' glycerin, like e-cigs use) . The modern carts, which work in either model, are stainless steel, generally come empty, and are intended to be 'user filled':
http://www.delta9vapes.com/products.php?product=Extract-Cartridges

They're about ten bucks each in the few collectives that carry them. Otherwise, if you don't abuse them (get 'em too hot or run 'em dry too much) you should be able to run many grams of oil or wax through them.

Is that what you're looking for?

OF

OF,

OF

Doublehead said:
The refill cartridge offered but Omicron appears to be modified and well worth the price. I think you could probably add them to any battery base for a cartomizer compatible vape pen.

So the question is , did Omivape mod thier base to be an ideal temperature? Or can you get a ghetto-vape for 18 bucks and then add a 10 dollar omicron cartridge?

You might think you can screw it onto some other brand that looks the same, but you'd be wrong. The threads are different. While the same size (7mm), the pitch is .75 not .50. No joy except the Atmos unit (which seems to be the previous Omicron battery under a different name??).

All in all, the Omicron isn't all that expensive, IMO. Right now you can get the two unit kit for $115 shipped from the Canadian distributor. If you take out the shipping, tax, the cost of the loading tool, charger, supply, case and spare cart included, the cost per pen gets real low. What's that 'no name' $18 pen cost you by the time it's delivered? Then consider how many grams of oil (and how much that costs) you'll run through it. The Omicron cost as a percentage of the project is probably a percent or two for most folks.

Hey, there's a bunch of us cheap types around here, but the machine and technique are by nature frugal indeed already. My current consumption is about 45mg of oil per day. Two dollars (at $40/gram). No hassles, slick design, first rate support. Your call, but I bet you too will be very happy you got on board.

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Well the 18 dollar batteries only have 14 days warranty, and by the time you do one year on them youll go through about 5-9 of them? not sure but thats what we experienced. This is why you have the 1 year on the our brands. We stand behind our products.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
would be sick if you guys have a pass through system on the batteries like the ego's. i sit at a computer all day, so I can hit it all day and then hit the road without worrying about the battery life.

ilovebOObs,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
ilovebOObs said:
would be sick if you guys have a pass through system on the batteries like the ego's. i sit at a computer all day, so I can hit it all day and then hit the road without worrying about the battery life.

Designing one right now. Bad ass unit.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Exactly the answers I was looking for (the unique thredding). Making the avid careful consumer in me happy that I made the choice to buy 2 Omnis!

However the tinkerer/modder in me has no choice but to play around with those ones and see how they perform. I just can't help myself (he says as he sips on his bubbler with his hakko lighter). hehehe

Doublehead,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Doublehead said:
Exactly the answers I was looking for (the unique thredding). Making the avid careful consumer in me happy that I made the choice to buy 2 Omnis!

However the tinkerer/modder in me has no choice but to play around with those ones and see how they perform. I just can't help myself (he says as he sips on his bubbler with his hakko lighter). hehehe

We all started somewhere brotha, Im a modder myself, take anything and try to make it better.

Hell we designing growing equipment because i hated the ones i used.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

JoeKickass

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Doublehead said:

We all started somewhere brotha, Im a modder myself, take anything and try to make it better.

Hell we designing growing equipment because i hated the ones i used.

LED's ;)

JoeKickass,

OF

I just had occasion to use the THC fill adapter for the second time. The first time was a bit of a struggle, as those that have them know, they're quite tight in fit to the inside of the cart. They have to be, if the cart backs up in loading, it's going to leak at the junction. Last time I managed with a little cussing to get it in and seated. This time, no way. Turning the mouth of the cart in finger tips showed it slightly out of round (not uncommon), the mouth of the adapter was more round, but had a ding on it that was clearly an issue. A minute or so with a flat file put a very narrow (maybe .020 wide?) bevel on the lip, smoothing it out in the process. Just enough to deal with the out of round situation. Works great now, no struggles in 8 or so carts I tried it in. A little wiggle to center it up and get it started straight and 'Bob's your uncle' as the Brits say. IMO worth considering.

Until now I've been very happy with my modified number 10 tip (the one Planet Vape used to ship (before the official funnel)). With sharp scissors I trimmed 1/18 or so from the small end so it was a closer match to the cart. I suspect a different tip (#11 or 12?) would work without trimming. I then put the shaft of a punch in the end (you could use a round screwdriver shaft, perhaps a bit easier) and used it to flare the mouth out parallel for 1/8 or so back. A straight tube bit on the end that barely slips into the cart like the THC adapter does but being thin it's easy to insert. It also stays place well, and being thin is faster (more responsive) to heat when melting down. I plug the center tube with a toothpick when doing this, cutting it off short to keep it out of the way.

I'll give the factory unit a few more tries, but IMO the modified funnel is easier to control when filling.

OF

OF,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
The filling tool worked great for me. The top of the cart was completely clean after the fill.

Jeppy,
G

has anyone been able to use bubble hash with the omicron?

if so, does it need to be real fmcd or can it be just somewhat melty?

what about keif? has anybody tried that?

ok well if anyone knows of a dispensary in ca that has prefilled carts with just bubble in them can you send me a message or link. thnks

Guest,

JoeKickass

Jeppy said:
The filling tool worked great for me. The top of the cart was completely clean after the fill.

Did you run it down the side or let it cover the bottom? I put a good 1.5g in the fill tool and just let it melt down over everything and I noticed there was a bit collecting under the metal strip in the middle... But overall I think it's great, I would much rather have a chunky heavy-duty fill funnel that I can file or sand than a flimsy one that might bend.

JoeKickass,

SD_haze

rastavape said:

ok well if anyone knows of a dispensary in ca that has prefilled carts with just bubble in them can you send me a message or link. thnks

no kief or bubble hash, it has plant particles that will clog the cart

SD_haze,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
SD_haze said:
rastavape said:

no kief or bubble hash, it has plant particles that will clog the cart

Not yet but soon, we it will have all you got.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Not yet but soon, we it will have all you got.

I know you're a sci-fi freak and all G, but what's this? Channeling Yoda?

OF

OF,

OF

Jeppy said:

Glad you had no problems. It works just fine, once it's on. My point is it doesn't always go on without fighting it. The bevel makes that easy. If you don't need it on the cart you're working with, you don't need it on the cart you're working with. FWIW, other guys have reported the problem?

Yes, it's clean (or at least fairly so) as long as you clock it around so the slots line up. Miss that detail on the next try and you'll leave caca on the bridge.....

My point about leaking is if you get a jam because the lower part is too cool. The liquid will pool up above it, if it gets to the gap it's going to leak. It's a lot like shutting the lid when the toilet backs up, you don't actually have to look at it, and if it gets that high there's going to be trouble whether you're looking or not.

OF

Edit: Spelling correction

OF,

Tanuvan

JoeKickass said:
Tanuvan said:

Thanks!

Tan

You can refill the cartridges till the heaters die can't you?

I think these carts are better than most... the things that limit the lifespan are the specialty things not the stainless steel body. Heaters burn out, non-metal things like seals and the wick deteriorate. You would rather replace the cartridge than the unit right?

The latest Omicron has a steel cart with some form of silicon wick. I've read that the carts are only meant to be refilled one time. I am wondering why is the material not more durable than this? $10 per empty cart adds up quickly over time.

What about an oil cart sans wick that you fill with smaller amounts of oil , but since it is all steel, doesn't breakdown from heat stress. :brow:

Tanuvan,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
You can refill the cartridges but we can't guarranty more then 1 fill because we can't verify how many times people fill them when it dies.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

Tanuvan said:
The latest Omicron has a steel cart with some form of silicon wick.

Actually I think it's silica (as in sand and glass), not that a guy gets to messing with it or even seeing it.

Could well be wrong, often am.

OF

OF,

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
You can refill the cartridges but we can't guarranty more then 1 fill because we can't verify how many times people fill them when it dies.

Can you even tell if the cart has been filled more than once once it's emptied, flushed out, dried and sent in?

IMO nobody should be able to press an estimate past what it is, an estimate. The experience of a LOT of guys is the carts can be refilled, but I think it's more than fair to say 'you're on your own when it packs in'. I expect light bulbs to last an average time, I can't blame GE if one dies earlier than the next.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom