Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

vapor 4 life

For all those with questions about the omicron need not worry. It is the shit!! tastes great more efficient than a nail or TI So discreet! I puff on this thing around groups of non smokers and no one notices. Movie theaters, bars, downtown walking on the street you can blaze this thing anywhere. Smell is minimum but it does smell like hash oil burning. Most will not recognize the smell. The battery does die for me way faster than half a cart. Mine is filled with shatter ( glass like oil) so I have to prime every session so the battery runs down faster. At the end of a gram there is .1 stuck to the sides of the cart that I can not melt out to reclaim but I am fine with that. Even with that loss it is still the most economical vape I own. You all want one !

vapor 4 life,

ganjapharma

now that i have gone through 8 or 9 carts and prolly a full zip of oil, i am ready to add a bit to my earlier review.

starting with the only negative thing i can come up with:
the omicron is a glorious thing....but the charger is a piece of crap. i have broken two of them, no matter how gently i screw the pen in, the wires that hold the whole thing together are weak and eventually the "female" bit on the charger breaks free and the whole thing comes loose. thcscientific WILL warranty the one i bought direct from the website (i still havent sent it back SO lazy) but i got my second one from a local co-op, and i dunno if they warranty the stuff bought from outside sources.

ok so charger is POS....but like i said, the rest has been awesome.

the filling method most of us are using is different from anything i have seen so far. basically you mash a gram or so onto a metal pin that sticks straight up out of the cart (in the wee hole) then you heat the tip-top of the cart, and the top of the pin, and the whole shooting match slides down the pin and right into the cart. no funnel, very easy. gonna make a vid later on today.
with shatter of course you can just make a hard long stick of oil and slide it into a heated cart by hand.

i got tired of keeping track of all my carts, so now i just keep topping off with oil when the cart weighs 8.3 (8.1 is a pretty empty cart, thin vapor is all you get) i am trying to remember which carts are oldest...at a guess i would say the oldest of the carts has already had 4 grams or so run through it....i am gonna retire that one before it gives up on me.

cold weather use? its in the 30's here, and many of us have gone up to mt baker for skiing/boarding and are using the omi all over the slopes. no issues at all, just need to keep the pen in a warm spot, and everything works great!
all of the oils i have tried work fine. more or less priming depending on how hard the oil is at room temp. the only bad experience i had was with a cart of dirty gross iso that a buddy had filled. it worked fine, but tasted like shit...guess what? shitty oil still tastes like shit in the omicron. was surprised though that it kept making clouds nonetheless.
tastewise it seems that bho has more terpenes in it than the clear amber shatter i usually make. the shatter makes great clouds of potent vapor...but is tasteless. the yummy vac purged bho from my bro who has a tamisium extractor is way tastier in the omi (though i prefer my clean shatter on the skillet). gonna order a tamisium just to make oil for my omi! crazy right?

oh and i mix em up quite regularly in the cart. fill .8 of bho, then after its half gone top it off with a bit o shatter, then later add some earwax etc....flavor profile does change of course, but the clouds keep coming!

i cant wait for the nail carts/persei yadayada so i can permanently retire my skillet, but some of the older patients i deal with MUCH prefer the omicrons metered puffs to a huge gout of skillet smoke. coughing is painful to folks with certain medical issues, and more than one patient has remarked that the omicron never makes em cough...a real plus if you are in daily pain and want to avoid a wracking coughing fit.
also, heads and growers of my dads generation (boomer) have a seriously negative association with the glass and torch thing. just screams "freebasing crackhead" to a fella like my pop...and the omi has made oils approachable again for him.

overall i am in love with this thing, i carry it everywhere, i use it all day long, usually need 3 recharges a day....mebe thas why i have broken 2 chargers already. other than a very startled busboy at PFchangs (who got a cloud of yummy vapor in the face as i exited the restroom) i dont think anybody knows wtf it is. and if they recognize the smell of vaped concentrates...well its a great conversation starter hehe.
now i have a pound of nugs to run since my oil consumption has quintupled (and i am down to a fraction of my herb consumption) after i am through i will try to make a vid of the needle loading method...its super cool.

ganjapharma,

kertong

*please delete me*
Ok, I've spent the whole morning reading all the pages in this thread, because I have one more question and I don't see it addressed anywhere...

i had one of my carts filled up with .5g of ice cream sativa hash oil. It generated enormous, tasty, and potent clouds on day one, but on day two, same as dankd420, the vapor clouds dropped considerably and i was only getting thin MFLB-levels of vapor.

By this time, I had maybe 60-70 hits on the cart. I figured maybe the .5g would last me 180-200 hits, but maybe I was taking too large hits, or there's more residue on the sides of the cart with the smaller .5g of material, etc. So I figured I got 70 hits per .5g, which honestly, I'm still happy with.

So I take the mouthpiece off, and press the switch while peering in the little air hole. To my surprise, I see an orange glow. "Yup, I guess that means it's out of oil and the cart is empty since I can see the element." I decided to keep heating a bit more, and I did 3 x 6 second primes (is this bad for the battery?) During the 3rd prime, the orange light starts dimming slowly, but the blue LED on the switch was not yet blinking. I figured something must be cooling down the heating element - was oil re-melting off the sides back onto the element?

I took the hit, and YES - thick fluffy vapor clouds as potent as they were on day one. So I realized something - during night, or non-use, I had been storing the pen on its side. Does the oil settle to one side, and stick up there? until I cleared the air tube and bottom hole with a small wire, then ran the prime 3 x 6 seconds, it was thin vapor all around like there was no oil left. I just wanted to be sure that what I'm doing now isn't harmful to the cart and is within normal parameters of priming - I'm not just burning off the last remaining bits and harming the cart in the process, am I?

On an aside, does everyone here agree that a small digital scale is the best way to tell if a cart is empty/near empty or not?

kertong,

Sicc

I love this thing....I currently have a cart with pure gold which is almost out and the other cart is filled with one gram of OG Nitro Wax, its amazing. Takes about 2-3 days of playing with it to kinda get use to it or to know how to rip it properly.......always carry a paper clip just in case

Ever since I got the omi, rippin a pipe or a blunt taste lightweight nasty now LOL.....

Sicc,

Sicc

Dont know about you guys, but the socal collectives sell pure gold for like $70 a gram. F that.

Sicc,

ganjapharma

@kertong

any scale sensitive enough to weigh to the .001 i use the same tanita that i got for reloading ammo.

ganjapharma,

twoleftfeet

Yes, weigh your cart empty. And you should park your omi standing up.

Man this thing is sweet, and I'm running shitty oil. This is definatly the missing link I was looking for. I love my dome but when I have to go thru the whole cycle I end loading up a glob of oil instead of a dab. Now I have a nice little puff right at my side. No torches needed.
My essential is ok for a portable, but it has many shortcomings. Looks like a crack pipe, glass vials have left burn marks, hard to meter the dosage, loose taste after a couple of heating cycles, and gives newbies coughing fits they will never forget. the omi solves those problems.

twoleftfeet,

shortwind

This is to the Omnicron maker. I live in Oregon and have my medical card. Are there any sources where I could obtain the "ingredients" (and I mean already made and ready to use) for the Omnicron? It sounds like a device I would be interested in, but I lack the ability and situation where I could make the stuff to put into the Omnicron. I have a MFLB, and one of the things I like about it, is I just grind the herb and stick it in there. Simple! I don't want to buy an Omnicron and not be able to use it!
Will you be coming out with an Omnicron version any time soon that will use herb in its unprocessed form (for lack of a better term)....or do you know of places in Oregon that I could legally obtain what I need to use already made for the current Omnicron version?
Thanks!

shortwind,

OF

kertong said:
So I realized something - during night, or non-use, I had been storing the pen on its side. Does the oil settle to one side, and stick up there?

Yup, don't do that. I guess some oils and waxes are firm enough not to flow on their own but most of the ones I've been messing with do even at fairly low temperatures. And remember if you 'ride it hard and put it up wet' the oil inside is melted, the first heater has made it warm (just feel the outside). For sure it's runny then, that's the whole idea.

So I agree, stand it upright when not in use. This is a mark against the Atmos units. Since they were designed to run with cotton filled glycerin based carts (which don't settle by gravity) the base isn't flat. You can't stand it up.

OF

OF,

foolie

To those in the south bay, Nor Cal Patient Care is carrying the 2 pen set for $120 out the door + 10% discount for new patients.

I just ordered a 2nd AC/USB charger & got the free fill tool off delta9vapes. I'm wondering what the avg turnaround time is for people who've ordered from there?

edit: got tracking ID < 1 hr, that was fast :D

Thanks fellas, happy vaping.

foolie,

OF

ganjapharma said:
now that i have gone through 8 or 9 carts and prolly a full zip of oil, i am ready to add a bit to my earlier review.

Please excuse my ignorance but wat is a "full zip" of oil?

TIA

OF

Edit: spelling correction

OF,

dampfer

someone knows if the charger runs ons 220volt? or is possible to charge the omicron with a laptop, per usb?

i'm waiting for my omicron :( , fingercross,maybe tomorrow

@thc could/did you check the shipping price for the filling tool?

thanks

dampfer,

shobi

OF said:
ganjapharma said:

Please excuse my ignorance but wat is a "full zip" of oil?

TIA

OF

Edit: spelling correction

zip = ounce, so 28g of oil

shobi,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Hey guys, great reviews and sorry about some issues with the chargers.

The charger has had issues, supply and demand and we found out that one of the suppliers for parts have been using non approved parts. We have dropped that suppliers and are replacing chargers if they are defective.

All chargers ordered through us or our chargers bought from any retailer is under warranty from us.

Please understand our products are warrantied Batteries for one year and Chargers for 60 days if it is a manufacturer defect.

So please let us know if you have a defective charger and we will replace it.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
dampfer said:
someone knows if the charger runs ons 220volt? or is possible to charge the omicron with a laptop, per usb?

i'm waiting for my omicron :( , fingercross,maybe tomorrow

@thc could/did you check the shipping price for the filling tool?

thanks

Dumpfer can you create a ticket on www.delta9vapes.com? it would be better to find out your info there then here.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

yelmguy

Yo shortwind
u didn't say which end of OR, n/s. U could come up emerald city way & hit a farmers market. or u can prolly find some sort of farmers market in N. CA . Suggest u goog "cannabis farmers market" . i've been a dz or more times, always great showing , lot of dispensaries represented as well as family owned medibals etc.
You can find g's of BHO for 30-60$. also making bho is really easy as long as u r safe.
all fun & games til u blow up ur crib!

Definitely & whole heartedly recommend that u get some good oil for your first OMICRON load.
the taste is only as good as the meds u load.
I'd never make BHO with ABV the taste isn't pleasant IMO.

yelmguy,

OF

shobi said:
zip = ounce, so 28g of oil

Thanks very much.

Wow, that's bunch of oil. It'd take me a LONG time to get through that. Suddenly I don't feel so bad about how much I'm using......whoda thought I'd end up being such a lightweight?

Thanks again. I learnt my new thing for the day.

OF

OF,

OF

dampfer said:

Yes both times. The 'wall wart' takes 100 to 240 Volts, 50/60 Hz and outputs 5 Volts DC, same as a USB port. I charge mine from this very computer. You can also get a 12 Volt to USB converter and use the charger in your car.

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
The Omicron will charge with usb, and we do have European chargers.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

ganjapharma

had the omi about 5 weeks, sucking down a bit less than a gram a day, so yep an ounce or so.
not bad really. my usual is a .1 dab on the skillet, many of the iron lungs take .2 so thats 10 dabs of oil per gram. 10 dabs is most of a normal morning and half an afternoon
less than a gram per day through the omicron is a major efficiency improvement.

ganjapharma,
ganjapharma said:
had the omi about 5 weeks, sucking down a bit less than a gram a day, so yep an ounce or so.
not bad really. my usual is a .1 dab on the skillet, many of the iron lungs take .2 so thats 10 dabs of oil per gram. 10 dabs is most of a normal morning and half an afternoon
less than a gram per day through the omicron is a major efficiency improvement.

Lordy. :lol:

charliedontsurf,

dampfer

thanks for the response.. maybe the omicron arrives today..hope

@thc i made a ticket in the inbox of my account 2 weeks ago( or so) and no answer.. i know you have alot to do with the toys for vape thing.

greez

dampfer,
Top Bottom