Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

OF

sessnet said:
I think I want to buy the Omicron to have sex with. Questions:

1. Does anyone know what I can add to kief to use in the Omicron?

2. Why can't I use dry material?

Thank you!

The first one's easy, to use Kief make BHO out of it.

Second is just as easy, dry material won't wick up in the silica wick and be drawn into the second chamber, NOTHING SOLID WILL. Kief and bubble hashes (anything that doesn't 'melt fully' when heated) are going to clog up the works. It has to all turn to liquid when the first heater does it's job or it plugs up the path for the rest of the liquid. Not only won't it work, but if you mix it in with good oil it will kill the cart. I wouldn't.

The upcoming 'plant cartridge' is going to address this somehow. But for what we have now, it's oils (or waxes which are just thicker oils) only.

OF

OF,

408_Grow

I believe..if not mistaken..MedEx has puregold grams for $55..that's 2 puregolds. They also carry vapes and carts. Ill be there later today cooling...around 5-.6pm

408_Grow,

Sicc

Last night I had my first real clog issue. Ive had minor clogs and usually with a paper clip and after priming im good to go. Not last nighf, i poked the paper clip and primed it and primed it. Once it got going a lil bit, I would rip it, then like 20 min later id go to rip it and once again its clogged. Any suggestions? Maybe my battery needs to charge? Damn.....

Sicc,

408_Grow

Sicc said:
My cart is filled with og nitro wax by the way

It could be your batteries low but I doubt that. I too get that with the nitro, just prime without inhaling and it will clear itself..well,it works for me.

408_Grow,

Keak420

408_Grow said:
I believe..if not mistaken..MedEx has puregold grams for $55..that's 2 puregolds. They also carry vapes and carts. Ill be there later today cooling...around 5-.6pm

Really? 55 is a steal also the skywalker og wax from south bay crc for 40 is savage! It's got the og taste every hit. Need to go buy a new charger and carts tho. Was rippin this thing at the jay/ kayne show owinge.

Keak420,

408_Grow

Keak420 said:
408_Grow said:

Really? 55 is a steal also the skywalker og wax from south bay crc for 40 is savage! It's got the og taste every hit. Need to go buy a new charger and carts tho. Was rippin this thing at the jay/ kayne show owinge.
Crc? I got check that out..hit me homie ill be at medex dabbing on my Lil silika

408_Grow,

druminfected

I'm on page 13 on this thread and trying to catch up, but just ordered 2 of the omicron's and can't wait until they come! I really want to spread the word of THCscientific's creations and let people know that this is definitely way to go and not the glycerin style way either, the true way to do it.

Keep up the great work and I'll do my best to spread the word one hit at a time.

druminfected,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
druminfected said:
I'm on page 13 on this thread and trying to catch up, but just ordered 2 of the omicron's and can't wait until they come! I really want to spread the word of THCscientific's creations and let people know that this is definitely way to go and not the glycerin style way either, the true way to do it.

Keep up the great work and I'll do my best to spread the word one hit at a time.

Welcome. Lots of info in the vaporpedia article in my sig.

your gonna love it....

ru_frothi,

kertong

*please delete me*
OF said:
Small world, I just loaded a gram of the same stuff (got it yesterday). Did you notice it tended to 'boil' a lot when melting down? I'm thinking it's not all that well purged?

Wow - small world indeed. Sounds exactly like the same thing I noticed as well, mine made a boiling/bubbling sound as I sucked, and eventually some of the stuff came back up through the top of the cart via the air hole in the middle. The boiling/bubbling sound eventually stopped, but by then I was almost out of the original oil and was mostly getting residue. I hope the purge byproduct didn't gunk up and clog anything in my cart... did you get yours from SJPG? Strike one for me was their really green kief at premium prices, but I figured maybe their hashes/waxes were good as their selection was awesome. But with the ice cream hash oil, which the budtender recommended to me saying it was the finest/best she had tried, all the bubbling/clogs I've had with it indicates a strike two. I got some kandy kush wax from elemental yesterday, and the first two hits "sizzled" (more of a sizzling than a bubbling), then stopped. Flows and works much better than the hash oil, every "clog" i had cleared with a 5-7 second prime, and best of all, the vapor is way more potent!

I'll be heading to harborside san jose after lunch to pick up some of their supermelt hash/waxes along with some extra carts. I'm pretty sure I'll be going 100% wax/BHO/puregold in here. :D

kertong,

OF

Sicc said:
Last night I had my first real clog issue. Once it got going a lil bit, I would rip it, then like 20 min later id go to rip it and once again its clogged. Any suggestions?

I had some luck with a long no pull prime first to heat the insides up well, then a hard pull which finally pulled a droplet up that got caught on the side of the mouthpiece above the tube mouth. I figure I pulled it from the 'flue' part above the second chamber which I think is where the clogs were actually happening? It took two tries, I figured the four narrow gaps at the socket end of the battery were adding restriction to the flow of air that was trying to blow the plug out so I unscrewed the cart a turn or so after the heat and before the suck to increase the flow.

Worked for me, you're welcome to try. If you wreck the cart, I don't know you.....

OF

OF,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
kertong said:
OF said:
Small world, I just loaded a gram of the same stuff (got it yesterday). Did you notice it tended to 'boil' a lot when melting down? I'm thinking it's not all that well purged?

Wow - small world indeed. Sounds exactly like the same thing I noticed as well, mine made a boiling/bubbling sound as I sucked, and eventually some of the stuff came back up through the top of the cart via the air hole in the middle. The boiling/bubbling sound eventually stopped, but by then I was almost out of the original oil and was mostly getting residue. I hope the purge byproduct didn't gunk up and clog anything in my cart... did you get yours from SJPG? Strike one for me was their really green kief at premium prices, but I figured maybe their hashes/waxes were good as their selection was awesome. But with the ice cream hash oil, which the budtender recommended to me saying it was the finest/best she had tried, all the bubbling/clogs I've had with it indicates a strike two. I got some kandy kush wax from elemental yesterday, and the first two hits "sizzled" (more of a sizzling than a bubbling), then stopped. Flows and works much better than the hash oil, every "clog" i had cleared with a 5-7 second prime, and best of all, the vapor is way more potent!

Agreed. Waxes seem to work and taste better than the oils. Once I got rid of my hash oil stash its been earwax all the way for me.

I'm gonna meet up with 408_Grow at Medex around 5:00 PM today if anyone out there wants help or wants to chill for a bit. Never been to medex before, sounds interesting.... I'll bring my omicron and my solo with me.

ru_frothi,

OF

kertong said:
Wow - small world indeed. Sounds exactly like the same thing I noticed as well, mine made a boiling/bubbling sound as I sucked, and eventually some of the stuff came back up through the top of the cart via the air hole in the middle. The boiling/bubbling sound eventually stopped, but by then I was almost out of the original oil and was mostly getting residue. I hope the purge byproduct didn't gunk up and clog anything in my cart... did you get yours from SJPG?

I got some kandy kush wax from elemental yesterday, and the first two hits "sizzled" (more of a sizzling than a bubbling), then stopped. Flows and works much better than the hash oil, every "clog" i had cleared with a 5-7 second prime, and best of all, the vapor is way more potent!

Never been to SJPG, I got the same Kandy Kush from Elemental. Very nice after it settled down, I think I'll get some more.....

I'm working on a theory that leans toward high THC content (less 'room' for contamination) and waxes over oils as they seem a bit better behaved in the current carts. That may change soon, of course.

Fun stuff indeed. And even the failures are good, or as they say about sex, 'when it's good, it's great: when it's bad, it's still pretty good'.

OF

OF,

kertong

*please delete me*
rufrothy: ha! you are just like me, the only two vapes I regularly use now is the omicron and the solo (just sold the mflb to a friend). I might even sell the solo, this omicron really does have every need of mine covered. Usually with vapes, it was a "potency, portability, price/economy - pick two" sorta dealie, but the omicron has all 3 solidly covered.

MedEx at 5pm.. hmmm.. I was initially planning on doing a dispensary run to harborside and maybe elemental around 2pm, 5pm might be a bit late for me. Damn, would love to come out though, $55/gram puregolds is a freaking steal, and I'd also be able to bring my omicron and solo, haha :D

kertong,

408_Grow

kertong said:
rufrothy: ha! you are just like me, the only two vapes I regularly use now is the omicron and the solo (just sold the mflb to a friend). I might even sell the solo, this omicron really does have every need of mine covered. Usually with vapes, it was a "potency, portability, price/economy - pick two" sorta dealie, but the omicron has all 3 solidly covered.

MedEx at 5pm.. hmmm.. I was initially planning on doing a dispensary run to harborside and maybe elemental around 2pm, 5pm might be a bit late for me. Damn, would love to come out though, $55/gram puregolds is a freaking steal, and I'd also be able to bring my omicron and solo, haha :D

Anyone in the bay area feel free to come by! Ill bring my omi and Lil silika bubbler for some dabs. Just FYI..there is ABSOLUTELY NO OUTSIDE MEDICATION ALLOWED...lol,I got in trouble the first time. They have a good selection of concentrates its just that they're alil pricy

408_Grow,

wthanna

I have a cartridge that I have pushed to the limit and has died. It is almost full. I am interested to hear what methods THC SCIENTIFIC as well as users here have used to reclaim their oil from a dead cartridge. Is there an overheating concern when trying to reclaim oil? I remember someone stating that you don't want to melt the seals. Thanks in advance for your suggestions :)

wthanna,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Turned mine upside down in a small desktop vice with a plate underneath and heated it gently with a torch until all the extract had come out. I then scraped it off the plate and reloaded it in another cart.

not hard. you need something to hold the cart upside down while you heat it.

ru_frothi,
Reactions: iight

Sicc

408_Grow said:
Sicc said:

It could be your batteries low but I doubt that. I too get that with the nitro, just prime without inhaling and it will clear itself..well,it works for me.

THANKS BUD, THAT DID THE TRICK......I USUALLY WOULD ALWAYS DO THAT, GUESS I FORGOT LAST NIGHT CUZ I WAS TOO MEDICATED LOL......

Sicc,

408_Grow

Sicc said:
408_Grow said:
Sicc said:

THANKS BUD, THAT DID THE TRICK......I USUALLY WOULD ALWAYS DO THAT, GUESS I FORGOT LAST NIGHT CUZ I WAS TOO MEDICATED LOL......

Lol,it happens!

408_Grow,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I did the exact thing... BUT.. when done, I ripped off the threaded end....
put the hollowed out cart in a vice grip...
and I repeatedly torched it, and then slipped a glass non perforated downstem over it to get the vapes.
I did so in both directions, until I got nothing!
Photoon2011-12-15at1445.jpg

waste not... want not

Vitolo,

Keak420

Get a cold damp towel hOld the lower end 20% and heat it up with a bic till it runs out on glass or wax paper an reload.

Keak420,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
woot woot! man the omicron is sick!!! i think i have been high all day today. its just so stealthy, i love it.

so is the pure gold the shit? if so i may have to go grab me some.

ilovebOObs,

OF

Keak420 said:
Get a cold damp towel hOld the lower end 20% and heat it up with a bic till it runs out on glass or wax paper an reload.

Wax paper? Somehow that seems like it's going to add mineral wax (from the paper) to the vegetable wax that might be in the hash. And a heavy wax at that. I'm not keen on the idea of paraffin plating my lungs, should it fail to plug up the cart. Putting wax into motor fuel is a classic sabotage technique since it condenses out at critical points when the fuel 'boils off'. In our case it might just collect on the second heater and wick?

What am I missing? TIA

OF

OF,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
ilovebOObs said:
woot woot! man the omicron is sick!!! i think i have been high all day today. its just so stealthy, i love it.

so is the pure gold the shit? if so i may have to go grab me some.

NitroOG is my favorite. you can get for $45 a G at Greencare or $20/G at the shows when they vend. stock up then. its gonna be a while before we see that deal again (spring time when the shows come back).

Gonna Try the THC Gold (Not PureGold) for $55/g today at Medex. Supposedly 80% THC. NitroOG is Steephill tested at 79.7% THC. 5% more than Pure Gold.

I like $35/g earwax from elemental when they have it.

Southbay CRC consistently has good wax at $40/g.

I'm gonna hit up CHIA soon too. looks like they have all sorts of dank.

ru_frothi,
Top Bottom