Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Fill tool now available free untill 12-17-2011

Limited to one free per patient, and it will ship in a box not a envelop, reason for this is i dont want a bent fill tool to reach its destination. So a shipping charge must be made.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Calvin

So I just won one of these vaporizers, thanks for the great contest. Ive been reading through this thread and have a question. I know this has been discussed in the thread but the info is sparse and far between.

From what Ive been reading it seems like you can use any oil that will melt fully in the cartomiser. Does this mean I can use a qwiso oil.

Calvin,

SD_haze

Calvin said:
So I just won one of these vaporizers, thanks for the great contest. Ive been reading through this thread and have a question. I know this has been discussed in the thread but the info is sparse and far between.

From what Ive been reading it seems like you can use any oil that will melt fully in the cartomiser. Does this mean I can use a qwiso oil.

I have had zero problems with QWISO... emphasis on the Q in QWISO... keep it to a 30 second wash.. filtered through two unbleached filters
Freeze both the ISO and the herb, before doing it wink

-wthanna

SD_haze,

dampfer

@THC SCIENTIFIC

the shipping to europe costs 29$..for the filling tool..???

i know its USPS, but thats the same price it i order a omicron set..

greez

dampfer,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
dampfer said:
@THC SCIENTIFIC

greez

I have to check on that on Monday. We don't set the rates they are automatically calculated.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

kertong

*please delete me*
Checking in to say hello!

I've owned a volcano, SSV, VaporBrothers Cannon, and Purple Days - they're all gone now, but I still currently own an MFLB and the Arizer Solo.

I didn't think it could get better than the arizer solo. In my opinion and experience (ymmv), the solo hit almost like the SSV did, but it was portable like the MFLB (just not *as* stealthy but still very useable). With a dab of hash oil, or some kief mixed in with the ground flower in the solo, it was a fantastic way to sit on the couch sipping away to medicate throughout the day.

Oh man. So when I came across the omicron, I was very skeptical when it offered me *both* economy as well as potency. Portable and sneaky, on top of the already outrageous claims? AND on top of it all, the carts are user refillable, with straight oil/wax/bho, no weird flavor or glycol solution? :o :o :o This thing was promising me the heavens and the stars, there was no way it could be true!

Well, picked one up today from my local collective in san jose. They even took my 2 new carts and filled it with my choice of hash oil / full melts (one with a sativa, ice cream strain, another with a good indica, girl scout cookies). I was *instantly* impressed when I hit the button, took a fast puff, and saw such thick tendrils of vapor clouds, without the warm up time I was so used to on the solo.

I'm only on day 1 so I can't speak for its long term economy use, but I've taken about 20-25 hits from it from the moment I got it (around 12pm), and it has gotten me high again like I am a newbie smoker. I'm a daily mmj user, so 3-4 times a day I'd sit down and power through about 5 or 6 elbows of top shelf flowers and kief. After all that the effects would be slight, the high would last less than 30 minutes, and I'd end up just lazy and slow feeling. I've been a long time cannabis enthusiast for my age (it's been about a decade), so I guess my tolerance has built up pretty high (trying to quit the wake and bake sessions as I've read it'll crank up your tolerance quickly). Because of this, about 50% of the time I was enjoying a session, I was busy grinding flowers, dumping ABV, filling the elbows with a dental pick from the grinder, heating up the batts, etc. I love that the omicron is ready to go and you can go so long between refills. I went through about $400/mo on flowers and kindcaps, and it was getting so expensive and prohibitive. This has been a godsend. Even if I got 200 hits per gram, I'd be amazed.

I'm ready to sell my MFLB and Solo now once my supply of flowers are gone. This thing has changed my life. I almost feel .... empowered. I'll spend less, be more high, and I can have the security of having the high just seconds away in case an anxiety attack comes on while I'm out and about (which is when they happen most frequently).

THANKS, thc scientific. Btw, *love* the futurama references. :D Remember that episode about the Popplers, where Lrrr eats that hippie and gets all stoned? "Uhhh... I think there was something in that hippie. Wow, my hands, they're so big. They can touch anything but themselves...... oh."

I'm also a san jose 215 patient, so any other fellow omicron owners out here, a big hello from a happy omicronite! I usually go to elemental or leaf lab, but if you guys have any recommendations on places to get prefilled carts or just some quality oil/wax, tips are appreciated!

kertong,

eLiguL

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
dampfer said:
@THC SCIENTIFIC

greez

I have to check on that on Monday. We don't set the rates they are automatically calculated.

$21.20 to Ontario, Canada. Kinda steep considering the funnel itself sells for $19.99.

eLiguL,

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Limited to one free per patient, and it will ship in a box not a envelop, reason for this is i dont want a bent fill tool to reach its destination. So a shipping charge must be made.

For a 'thinking outside the box' idea, a place I used to work for would ship this in a short length of plastic pipe in a padded envelope. Saw an inch and a half or so from a ten foot stick, slip the part in, put tape over the ends. Seriously tough protection, dirt cheap, fast and easy to ship.

OF

OF,

dankd420

kertong said:
Checking in to say hello!
I'm also a san jose 215 patient, so any other fellow omicron owners out here, a big hello from a happy omicronite! I usually go to elemental or leaf lab, but if you guys have any recommendations on places to get prefilled carts or just some quality oil/wax, tips are appreciated!

I havn't seen this mentioned anywhere, so i registered just to put the info out there. San Jose Patients Group offers *all* their wax's in pre-filled carts. Last time i was there they had 8 wax's, and their weed maps menu currently lists 11. Dunno why the weedmaps menu says they only have 2 kinds of pre-fills, but i assure you they have them all.

To people that dont have an omicron yet: SJ Patients Group also sell the omicron there, thats where i got mine. In that respect though unless you are a gotta have it today kind of person i would just order online. I payed $280 for the 2 battery kit and 5 empty carts, that would be only $220 shipped at www.delta9vapes.com. Dude even wrote down that website for me so i could find the manuals, was a little disapointed when i saw how much i overspent, especially since the kit didn't come with an empty cart(had to buy the 5 pack).

DankD420

dankd420,

nj2thebay

Ok so its day 3 with the omicron. The first day I was getting some pretty nice rips after loading. the next day then went down a bit but were still visable clouds, now day 3 i can get taste coming out of it but barely any vapor( it is there tho) I filled with .7 of high quality oil and have used a to check if there was a clog at top or bottom of cart and nothing. I can pull thru the device with no issue.

When pulling do i wana hear a wistle or air or anything ?

at first i was using the sherlock tech i use with my da buddah vape where i pretty much make suction with my mouth but dont pulll much really, and this worked with the omicron until now

i then heard everyone on the fourms mentioning they were getting clogs from not pulling hard enough, so tried pulling harder, and got no type of vapor whatsoever

any help greatly apprcieated before i recliam my errl back out of the cart

nj2thebay,

kertong

*please delete me*
dankd420 said:
To people that dont have an omicron yet: SJ Patients Group also sell the omicron there, thats where i got mine. In that respect though unless you are a gotta have it today kind of person i would just order online. I payed $280 for the 2 battery kit and 5 empty carts, that would be only $220 shipped at www.delta9vapes.com. Dude even wrote down that website for me so i could find the manuals, was a little disapointed when i saw how much i overspent, especially since the kit didn't come with an empty cart(had to buy the 5 pack).

DankD420

Oh wow, you sound exactly like me. I went into Elemental Wellness looking for the omicron and their "special introductory pricing", so seeing as how planetvape.ca sells it for ~$150, I figured Elemental might have it for $170-180 or so.

They were out of stock and couldn't tell me when they'd get any more. So, I called up Harborside, and same story, they refused to give me even an estimate of when they'd get more in stock. Bothered me a bit actually. Thankfully, SJPG had it in stock, and I'm totally an instant gratification guy, so I went.

Yeah, I was a bit shocked that it was $200 and it was only a 2 cart kit. I didn't mind though, I knew I was paying the impulsive "gotta have it now" tax, but was ok with it. However, as soon as I was in the door SJPG was shoving flower samples in my nose, upselling their edibles, it was kind of an uncomfortable high-pressure atmosphere. Their meds didn't seem too good to me, their kief had a strong green tint and their waxes seem a bit dirty and black.. and the flowers' odors seemed pretty light and faded, not thick and strong..

Still, they were awesome because they took the time to show me the unit, and took my 2 new carts out back to fill them with .5g each with waxes/oils of my choice. Elemental told me they don't have any prefills, don't know when they'll have prefills (I asked thc scientific over email to no avail either). They didn't do custom fills, and they didn't have anyone onsite to show me how to fill. Man, this is what bothered me most about the experience, the cagey and withholding resellers. Thankfully SJPG answered every question I had, filled my carts, explained usage, etc, and said they'll fill my carts with whatever I buy whenever I come back. Awesome.

Still, day two, like the above poster, the vapor today isn't as harsh and thick/strong as day 1, and I've had the occassional clog but it was easy to clear.

kertong,

dankd420

kertong said:
Oh wow, you sound exactly like me.
Still, day two, like the above poster, the vapor today isn't as harsh and thick/strong as day 1, and I've had the occassional clog but it was easy to clear.

:lol: I'm also on day 2, i think we both had to have it on the same day :lol:

I'm also a touch disapointed with the vapor production, but there is no doubting the effects. So far i have 2 cartidges filled. One with some purple urkle oil(dark amber, stretches into 4"+ strings) from high standards and the other with sour diesel co2(waxy texture, color of honeycomb) wax from elemental. I was expecting the wax to hit harder, but its actually a bit lighter than the oil. With the oil though i have to prime the omicron 5-10s to get vapor, with the wax the vapor production is the same if i prime it for 20s or if i just hit it.

edit: thought i should mention, the hash oil tastes great. Untill you try smoke some wax and then immediatly swap to the hash oil. Then it becomes obvious how much the oil tastes like plant.

dankd420,

OF

TDigital510 said:
is it possible to mix diff types of concentrates(earwax,kiefs,bubble,etc) in a cart?

I guess it's possible, but I'd advise not to. I suspect it'll foul the cart.

The oil has to be carried by the wick from the first to second chamber. Keif and bubble hashes (being basically solids) won't 'wick up' into the silica bundle (only liquid oils would), but rather would be left behind in the bottom of the first chamber where I suspect they'd plug up the works in short order. For sure they wouldn't get vaped I'm thinking. Stick with oils and waxes (which are basically oils.....).

It's kinda like the coffee grounds that don't make it through to your cup.

OF

OF,

Keak420

I use dark oils a lot. I enjoy them more then the co2. All about the pure gold in terms of cloud size! Got candy jack and pure gold mixed ATM

Keak420,

DubCRider

Some concentrates require different hitting techniques. I have found that the more liquid it is before being melted in the better it will work. Look for more budder consistency then honeycomb for better results. I have used amber glass in a cart with great success, but had to prime it almost every time I started a session. Also, filling a full gram will provide way better results. .5 just ends up sticking to the sides of the cart and never really makes it all the way down. I have put at least 3 different concentrates in a single cart with no issues.

DubCRider,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Nj can you weigh out your cartridge? I it's close to 7.9 then it's empty.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

jordam

Not sure if this has been posted but I believe I have found the connector (and some adapters)
Its an eGo-T style connector, adapters to 510's have already been made.

jordam,

408_Grow

San Jose patients...sjpg prices this beautiful device too high..at least at CannaCulture its 119.99 with two carts..

408_Grow,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
thats about right 408, i dont know how they are pricing it to high.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

408_Grow

Im just saying...you know from MY personal experience with them..it was funny tho, the other day I bought some ice cream wax and they offered to fill a cart for $6 or $8 but they wouldn't sell me a single by itself. I offered them $10 and they finally did it..

408_Grow,

kertong

*please delete me*
408_Grow: Whoa. When I bought my omicron from SJPG, they gave me the 2 carts as part of the kit and filled it with 2 of my waxes for free. Dang, the more I hear about this collective the more I'm hesitant to return.. I thought the people there were very nice and patient, but yeah, prices are way too high, esp. for mediocre meds, imo.

Sorry to derail, back on topic - I'm on day 3 of the omicron and I love it. Both pens are clogging on me now, but once I prime it for about 4 seconds then pull on it with a bit of suction, I hear a "puuh" sound (like the p sound vitolo described way back), and I feel air start to flow. This isn't bad for the cart, is it? I cleaned the leaked oil out from the bottom on both the cart and the battery, and cleared both holes with a paperclip.. but I still get the initlal clog. This is pretty normal, right? I'm still getting good vapor, and I'm very satisfied with how medicated it gets me :D

kertong,
Top Bottom