Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

chimpybits

Just will add that you can't go wrong with an Omi light and pack of carts....
what a deal, for a unit that will last~
Good to hear of your solid recommendation Vitolo. I know you're a fan of the O-Phos and have setup others with it. Do you think one could manage with a bic and no scale? (I prefer less paraphernalia).

chimpybits,

OF

The most prominent negatives for me of the D9 vapes is the expense and waste of the carts and the large 0.5-1 g capacity. I expect it to take a long time to finish a cart as I will only use when out and my daily consumption is around 0.3g/day of flowers. I assume the cart is a pretty good storage medium for the concentrate?

I see I might also have to buy a torch lighter and a scale, but am hoping I can manage with a bic and eyeballing.

I think you're logic is good, and the timing is sure right.

Plan on half a gram at at time, yes it stores well until next time......if you leave it alone (which you won't....). I don't see a ten dollar cart good for an average of 3 grams (say $100 worth?) to be a big deal, others might.

I think you should rethink the torch and scale. Torch lighters can be cheap, I post the link to a $3 one (shipping included), it does make loading easier to control. Likewise, even a ten dollar scale that resolves .01 grams will be a godsend when it comes to deciding if it's time to fill or not.
http://dx.com/p/jet-1300-c-butane-lighter-1320

Enjoy the little rascal. Just don't be surprised if it worms it's way into your usage?

OF

OF,

Gr33nLungz

Chimpy I would also suggest the filling tool as well.. I think u will be very happy with this product as your daily driver if your only using .3 flowers a day.. However once your tolerance goes up enough on the pen from my experience I have had to do longer sessions when at home, and would suggest as at that point, or before you get a pen getting an oil rig if you can have one at your place..and then leave your pen for while your ok the go

Edit: I suggest this to avoid longer sessions at home when you might be searching for a little more then when on the go, because less long sessions will make your carts last longer

Gr33nLungz,
Reactions: OF

chimpybits

I think you should rethink the torch and scale. Torch lighters can be cheap, I post the link to a $3 one (shipping included), it does make loading easier to control. Likewise, even a ten dollar scale that resolves .01 grams will be a godsend when it comes to deciding if it's time to fill or not.
http://dx.com/p/jet-1300-c-butane-lighter-1320

Enjoy the little rascal. Just don't be surprised if it worms it's way into your usage?

OF
Yeah I'm not surprised you've recommended a torch and scale and I don't doubt they will make the refilling sooo much easier. Wow free international shipping from that DX company. That takes care of part of my hesitation with additional paraphernalia - the cumulative cost of international shipping for various items.
And yeah I won't be surprised if it worms its way into my usage though I will try to thwart this to keep my tolerance down.

chimpybits,

OF

Yeah I'm not surprised you've recommended a torch and scale and I don't doubt they will make the refilling sooo much easier. Wow free international shipping from that DX company. That takes care of part of my hesitation with additional paraphernalia - the cumulative cost of international shipping for various items.
And yeah I won't be surprised if it worms its way into my usage though I will try to thwart this to keep my tolerance down.

It's actually possible to use it wisely and not drive you're tolerance through the overhead, but it takes self restraint. You're on your own there, I've none to spare.

I bet if you poke around on DE you'll find a useful scale as well. You need to weigh to at least ten grams and need to resolve at least .01 steps IMO. That's an easy spec to meet actually. I find this one small and useful:
http://www.amazon.com/American-Weig...366474868&sr=8-2&keywords=matchbox+scale+0.01

for instance. No need to spend the big bucks, far better than guessing IMO.

Best wishes.

OF

chimpybits

Chimpy I would also suggest the filling tool as well.. I think u will be very happy with this product as your daily driver if your only using .3 flowers a day.. However once your tolerance goes up enough on the pen from my experience I have had to do longer sessions when at home, and would suggest as at that point, or before you get a pen getting an oil rig if you can have one at your place..and then leave your pen for while your ok the go

Edit: I suggest this to avoid longer sessions at home when you might be searching for a little more then when on the go, because less long sessions will make your carts last longer
I believe it comes with the filling tool. Are you suggesting I get a spare?

I was considering an oil rig or a nail adapter for my FC bubbler, but I think I would prefer not - again less stuff. I know that dabbing gives really big hits and is preferred for many over pen vapes, but I want less stuff and to keep my tolerance from drifting upward. I'm hoping the Omi Light will still be able to medicate adequately. Again, I do intend to only use the concentrates when out.

chimpybits,
Reactions: OF

poonman

I believe it comes with the filling tool. Are you suggesting I get a spare?

I was considering an oil rig or a nail adapter for my FC bubbler, but I think I would prefer not - again less stuff. I know that dabbing gives really big hits and is preferred for many over pen vapes, but I want less stuff and to keep my tolerance from drifting upward. I'm hoping the Omi Light will still be able to medicate adequately. Again, I do intend to only use the concentrates when out.

It does come with a filling tool .
It's a funnel shape that fits on top of the cart .

I got mine 3 weeks ago from Planetvape .
Get the 5 combo cart pack , they'll let you mix , you can get 1.5 and 2.4 ohms .
Anything over $ 130 is free shipping . Good customer service .
This thing hits like a champ ....

poonman,

chimpybits

It does come with a filling tool .
It's a funnel shape that fits on top of the cart .
I thought this was included. Great.
I got mine 3 weeks ago from Planetvape .
Get the 5 combo cart pack , they'll let you mix , you can get 1.5 and 2.4 ohms .
Anything over $ 130 is free shipping . Good customer service .
This thing hits like a champ ....
The combo cart pack would be nice, but not offered on the D9 site where I'll be buying from - great 420 deal.

chimpybits,

poonman

Great ,
D9 didn't have the Omi Light in stock back then .
But hurry , I think there's a limit for the xxxx code .

Enjoy

poonman,

Gr33nLungz

I hear ya, if u feel like u could use some more life outta your carts tho, using it just on the go will help that's all

Gr33nLungz,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Great ,
D9 didn't have the Omi Light in stock back then .
But hurry , I think there's a limit for the xxxx code .

Enjoy

I believe the code is already used up.

EDIT: Scratch that. It appears the servers were down for a bit but the code is still in effect!

kindbeats,

poonman

Hey FC ,
newbie problems ?
I think I may have " Fouled out " or " clogged " my cart .

When I go to power it on ,
I hear a sizzling/bubbling sound from the cart , but no vapor coming thru .
It def. heats up tho , I tried sticking a paper clip into the cart opening to clear it .
But with no success . Also when I removed the cart , there was a puddle of budda where
the threading is . I'd cleaned out that area and emptied the bad cart ( 1.5 ) into a good cart ( 2.4 )

Is the bad cart salvageable ? or kaput ?
and
What did I do wrong ?

tia

poonman,

chimpybits

Apparently it's working again! Get it while you can!
Totsally! Ugh 2 opposing realities: current meagre funds vs current major discount. I can do it, but probably "shouldn't". These kind of decisions (2 forces squaring off) kill me. I'll probably take the passive approach and do nothing. Best to give up on my cause fellow fc'ers.

I'll post back after the sales done (which I understood to be 23:59 today - PST I assume according to the original UP TECH post).

Just kicked off my 420 with ABV brownie and vape-bonging SuperLemonHaze. So allsfine :tup: Thanks folks.

EDIT: Does anyone know yet whether the limited number of uses for the code is as in all together in the world? or per customer? - as Bob L asked.

chimpybits,

530rasta

So I took the plunge and bought a Omicron V2 from big als on telegraph.

Ive loaded it with canna nectar co2 oil from BPG and I have to say its nice. Anyone ive shared it with has been very impressed as well.

I do have one question though and please do not chastise me for asking this, as I think it's still a pertinent question;

Is the Omicron considered a 'safe' product. I have gone through this entire thread and beside a one sentence entry from the maker of this product, no one has come forth to say.."yes we know it's safe"

So yeah, I love this thing, for me, having something like this to travel with is nice, its more stealth than My SOLO (best product ever fwiw) and I want to keep using it, I just have a hard time with knowing im inhaling oil out of a electronic device and whatever unknowns are in such device.

Is the fiberglass/silica a safe product?

has THC scientific done any testing for off gasing??

anyway just thought id throw this out there to see what comes up, im hoping for a bunch of thoughtful experienced and friendly folks to chime in. I dont need any flak for bringing up an issue im sure many of us who own this product are interested in.

thanks

530rasta,

chimpybits

Just a follow-up to say that I didn't take the plunge. I decided that the $60 total of the 420 discount will seem quite small when I'm flush. D9 gets all my money down the road.

chimpybits,

DubCRider

The 7.4 Hercules(oil AND herb) is only for the Persei, You need 7.4 volts to run it. It will not work with the HVD kit at 7.4v either.

Hopefully they will be on the site soon, but I believe it's still in testing.

530rasta

No answer makes me think theres something up....

guess ill sell the Omicron since I cant seem to get a response here from the maker and/or a rep who just posted back to back after mine, yet didnt even acknowledge my question..

530rasta,

OF

No answer makes me think theres something up....

guess ill sell the Omicron since I cant seem to get a response here from the maker and/or a rep who just posted back to back after mine, yet didnt even acknowledge my question..

You should do what you think best.

If you think that includes selling something you think is unsafe to someone else, you should probably do that too although it seems at least a little questionable.

Safety is not a yes/no deal. It's highly subjective, you have to decide for yourself I think. We've been through this a lot, if you "have gone through this entire thread" as you say above you know this. There really isn't an answer you'll find useful I think unless you can tell me what safe is to start with.

I think nobody will be able to do what you ask and (as you requested above): "come forth to say.."yes we know it's safe"" for that reason.

I'd like to point out you put no urgency on this in your prior post:
anyway just thought id throw this out there to see what comes up, im hoping for a bunch of thoughtful experienced and friendly folks to chime in. I dont need any flak for bringing up an issue im sure many of us who own this product are interested in.

Fault D9 or anyone you wish for not answering the unanswerable (IMO), but I think the responsibility for doing that is yours. As is the decision to sell something you consider unsafe to a fellow human. IMO this decision should have come before purchase?

OF

Top Bottom