Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

DubCRider

No answer makes me think theres something up....

guess ill sell the Omicron since I cant seem to get a response here from the maker and/or a rep who just posted back to back after mine, yet didnt even acknowledge my question..

Sorry, didn't mean to offend you or make you feel ignored.

The carts are perfectly safe. Silica wick has been discussed plenty of times and deemed safe and the cart doesn't get hot enough to off gas the stainless steel. The wire is nichrome. Google will give you a better answer than any of us, do some research.

Cadet

The 7.4 Hercules(oil AND herb) is only for the Persei, You need 7.4 volts to run it. It will not work with the HVD kit at 7.4v either.

Hopefully they will be on the site soon, but I believe it's still in testing.
Then what is the incentive for HVD at 7.4?

Also is there a plan to release a cart for herb and oil for omicron?

Cadet,

OF

Then what is the incentive for HVD at 7.4?

To run high power Omicron carts.....both of which predated Hercules. The need and tools came first, Hercules is the new player. Bender is basically the same deal I guess?

OF

OF,

DubCRider

Edit* You type quick for an OF..........

HVD at 7.4v allows you to use all the carts available, not just the lower voltage ones. Not 7.4v, but it also gives you a Mini 3.7v and is unregulated allowing the full 4.2v rather than 3.7v.

There has been no mention of a 3.7v herb and oil cart.

DubCRider,

gijoe5

hey just got my hvd upgrade with the 3ohm cart and it is blowing clouds. is this cart that i should be using or is there a different ohm i should try. also i noticed that my hvd head dows not have the click on click off feature. whats up with that

gijoe5,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
I picked up some carts at the lo lo prices. Sweet. Gear up for my Canada vacation this summer. I need to start reading back as shit changes quick here. :rockon:

OF

hey just got my hvd upgrade with the 3ohm cart and it is blowing clouds. is this cart that i should be using or is there a different ohm i should try. also i noticed that my hvd head dows not have the click on click off feature. whats up with that

Actually, 3.0 is a "Don't Do It" rated cart at 7.4 Volts:
https://www.planetvape.ca/vaporizer-extract-cartridge-combi-pak-5-pack.html

So it four Ohm for that matter. Per the maker's chart you want 5 Ohms only. 3s are for 6 Volt systems maximum.

Momentary action switches are correct. The Persei hammer top is click on/click off. There is not, however, a time out.

OF

OF,

530rasta

I actually did do a lot of research but not enough i guess. Im still on the fence tbh fwiw,

And as far as selling something i dont like..hehe well lets just say I know about the dangers of ISO and have told my buddy who make it that its sketch...yet they still like it, and im sure if i voiced my concerns about the Omicron they would consider my thoughts nd concernss but buy it anyway..lol I wouldn't just tell them its a great piece for some quick cash, im not in that position thankfully. Honesty is the best policy imo...

So anyway I wasnt trying to make some big statement..... I guess It just would be tight if some manufactures provided a complete parts list and such..seems it would be required on real Medical grade devices...but i digress (thanks to the Solo!)

Im just gonna keep it for the road. I had my first cart start to leak out of the bottom with .7 co2 cannanectar. That was a trip but i understand it's common. I was even dry puffing it to cool off the core each hit. So i made another cart (which Big Als sold me, i got 5 extra, none had the numbers on the side like the carts in the box which im guessing means they are an older model..that sucks, i asked for 2.4's but im not sure they even are :\.) with the canna nectar. Im just gonna use it once for a few hits to break in the cart, then stash it till the next time om on the road for a few days...

keep vaping

530rasta,

DubCRider

Yes, the unmarked carts are 2.4ohm.

The parts include nichrome wire, stainless steel, ceramic, silica wick, wire, solder, and silicone.

OF

It just would be tight if some manufactures provided a complete parts list and such..seems it would be required on real Medical grade devices...but i digress (thanks to the Solo!)

Im just gonna keep it for the road. I had my first cart start to leak out of the bottom with .7 co2 cannanectar.

That's good to hear, hopefully you'll come to like it, most of us have.....

IMO it's not realistic to expect makers to tell you their trade secrets, nice if they tell you some of course, but IP is IP and is worth protecting if you want your company to have value. BTW, certified Medical Device makers (and D9 is not.....) aren't required to disclose this either, they just have to certify it complies with regulations (which of course don't exist for e-cigs, let alone vapes, which is the source of all the hype IMO).

If you're using 3.0s at 7.4 Volts and only getting leakers so far you're doing great. Most guys would have cooked the oil by now as well. 2.4s at 3.7 Volts is the call IMO.

So i made another cart (which Big Als sold me, i got 5 extra, none had the numbers on the side like the carts in the box which im guessing means they are an older model..that sucks, i asked for 2.4's but im not sure they even are :\.) with the canna nectar. Im just gonna use it once for a few hits to break in the cart, then stash it till the next time om on the road for a few days...

If they're not marked they're counterfeit or old stock. In the day there were only 2.4s so they weren't marked. I still have a few, they work just fine. I've never tried that extract, but if it passes the foil test it should do just fine.

Good luck with it, keep the battery charged......

Yes, the unmarked carts are 2.4ohm.

The parts include nichrome wire, stainless steel, ceramic, silica wick, wire, solder, and silicone.

And shrink tube and Copper wire with plastic insulation.....

The solder is, I understand, not lead based. All in all, materials generally considered safe?

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
530 If you want a question answered contact me directly i answer all questions, or you can contact us at the office. Sometimes i do skip through questions as currently my plate is full and just dont have the time to read all but anything thats addressed to me through a private message i answer might be a late reply but i answer them. There is so much i can do at any given time.

i have a 2.5v omicron and i was wondering if it would be better to simply upgrade to the Persi or should i get the HVD cause it practicly the same money

Also is the pure gold concentrate a good match with the 1.5omh cartridges?

DatOilVape,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
i have a 2.5v omicron and i was wondering if it would be better to simply upgrade to the Persi or should i get the HVD cause it practicly the same money

Also is the pure gold concentrate a good match with the 1.5omh cartridges?

Originally, I upgraded from the v2 to the HVD but in all honesty, it doesn't hold a candle to the Persei. The HVD simply allows you to run higher ohm carts but is not powerful enough to run any of the 7.4v attachments such as the Bender, Hercules 7.4v, dual cart top, etc. I sold my HVD unit and upgraded to the Persei and couldn't be happier.

evnt

Hey all,

Long time reader, first time posting. Was one of the first to get a cloud from reading the posts from this awesome community.
Anyways.. I am trying to pull the trigger on a omicron and could use a bit of guidance. I wanted to get the O-Phos as I wanted as discrete as possible, and ease of use, but the quality of a delta 9 vape. I am still trying to wrap my head around the voltages and what combos are good.. (if anyone has a link that discusses this I'd love one). Where my problem comes in, is the new version of the omicron v2.5. It looks like it is a lot more stealthy, but curious if that is worth trading off the portability of the O-Phos? I have not seen these devices in person, so I could be wrong here. Anyone have both and have something to say? Is the omicron a bit too much for a first time portable vape?

I am just a guy trying to buy the best portable vape I can, take in public (bay area), and not be overly complicated. Any help is appreciated :)

evnt,
Reactions: OF
Originally, I upgraded from the v2 to the HVD but in all honesty, it doesn't hold a candle to the Persei. The HVD simply allows you to run higher ohm carts but is not powerful enough to run any of the 7.4v attachments such as the Bender, Hercules 7.4v, dual cart top, etc. I sold my HVD unit and upgraded to the Persei and couldn't be happier.
Thanks man i really appricate it now i just need to sell my 2.5v. also is the pure gold a good match for the vape? i went to elemental today and they have some with 87% THC but i wasnt sure if it was compatible so i went with the Jack wonderer taffie thats 36% CBD

OF

. Where my problem comes in, is the new version of the omicron v2.5. It looks like it is a lot more stealthy, but curious if that is worth trading off the portability of the O-Phos? I have not seen these devices in person, so I could be wrong here. Anyone have both and have something to say? Is the omicron a bit too much for a first time portable vape?

I have both and think they both have advantages. For simple (and lower cost) it's hard to beat Omicron Light (new version of OPhos). It's limited in which carts it can use, but does very well with the standard 2.4 Ohm carts (which is all you should be messing with until you become an expert with them, the others are too easy to loose control of and burn your oil or cause other problems). If you stick to 2.4 Ohm carts at 3.7 Volts though you'll be fine in either case. Omicron 2 also has the option of using a single 14250 in the shorter tube for a more compact unit.

Where in the bay area are you? I'm here as is DubC, perhaps we can figure out a way to meet up and let you fondle each? DubC is very good at that you know......

Thanks man i really appricate it now i just need to sell my 2.5v. also is the pure gold a good match for the vape? i went to elemental today and they have some with 87% THC but i wasnt sure if it was compatible so i went with the Jack wonderer taffie thats 36% CBD

No, I don't think it's a good match for the Omicron carts (everyone seems to end up leaking), however guys are reporting success with the CE4 cartomizers D9 sells with PG. After several failures with Omicron carts I was reduced to using a DART (only) for PG (a great performer of course but not a convenient as Omicron in that you're constantly having to add a bit more). I'm currently testing the CE4 with no problems so that might be an option?

While I haven't tried the concentrate you mentioned, I hope you didn't stock up on it. Being a taffy I don't think it will work well. I've had two otherwise nice taffies fail to feed. By all means run a foil test on it before you put it in a cart (wrecking the cart and loosing .2 or more in the process that can't be recovered.

Otherwise all those lovely waxes listed look like good candidates. The Sour Diesel is a long time favorite of mine in fact. I've used a lot of it over time, generally getting 3 or more grams before it finally fouls the heater out:

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Is the bad cart salvageable ? or kaput ?
tia
IMG_02871_zps6792549f.jpg

6a961a2a-0252-4c40-a061-89369ea5fc54_zpsdb0b3cf0.jpg

This pellet is made with salvaged wax from a fouled cart.

evnt

I have both and think they both have advantages. For simple (and lower cost) it's hard to beat Omicron Light (new version of OPhos). It's limited in which carts it can use, but does very well with the standard 2.4 Ohm carts (which is all you should be messing with until you become an expert with them, the others are too easy to loose control of and burn your oil or cause other problems). If you stick to 2.4 Ohm carts at 3.7 Volts though you'll be fine in either case. Omicron 2 also has the option of using a single 14250 in the shorter tube for a more compact unit.

Where in the bay area are you? I'm here as is DubC, perhaps we can figure out a way to meet up and let you fondle each? DubC is very good at that you know......

OF

Thanks OF! Man you really are a great help on these forums... I live in Oakland, but work in the Mission in SF during the week. One last question, so is there any real reason to snag a o-phos now or just buy the new omicron light? Can't tell how big each one is, but they seem like practically the same thing correct? If that one is roughly same size and uses same parts, will probably go with that.. but if anyone has anything to say about that I am all ears.

Also there anywhere in the bay you recommend that might have newer cutting edge vape stuff or even have these models available? Most places I've visited have old models and off brand stuff I don't want to mess with.

Appreciate the quick reply/help!

evnt,

DubCRider

The Omicron Light is a bit shorter than O-Phos but it doesn't have a heat shield. I would argue the Omi Light is better quality too.

I'm sure we can facilitate a meeting for you to get your hands on both before a purchase. Careful with OF, he let me fondle his and never returned the favor. He also doesn't get to SF much, makes him like a kid in an eye candy store.

530rasta

I picked up some Pure Gold for my Omicron. I thought about using it pure in a cart but after reading OF's take on PG I am just going to spike my co2 oil carts with PG, So prob 2 or 3 drops of pg per .6 of co2....well see how it works. Hopefully it bumps up the potency of the co2 a bit. This is real co2 not rebranded bho so its not as strong as other 'so called' co2's. FWIW i think the canna nectar co2 I got is around 40% THC and 2%other cannabinoids. So a spike of some PG should help a bit...

evnt

The Omicron Light is a bit shorter than O-Phos but it doesn't have a heat shield. I would argue the Omi Light is better quality too.

I'm sure we can facilitate a meeting for you to get your hands on both before a purchase. Careful with OF, he let me fondle his and never returned the favor. He also doesn't get to SF much, makes him like a kid in an eye candy store.

Pardon my lack of knowledge on these things, but the heat shield is just the 7 second auto shut off when dragging on the device? Don't foresee that being a huge deal for me, as I own the Cloud already, I am used to taking care of my devices. If the build is better on the light, I might just go with that. I assume its the same voltage and ohms as the o-phos? Seems like they are just phasing out the o-phos for the light model anyways. I will private message you soon though, and see if I can try and figure out a way to meet up here in the city. If anything I just need to see how big each one is. Appreciate the help!

pukkkapc

[quote="OF, post: 382676, member: 7683"

No, I don't think it's a good match for the Omicron carts (everyone seems to end up leaking), however guys are reporting success with the CE4 cartomizers D9 sells with PG.

OF[/quote]

Which CE4 cartomizers can I use for the v2? Or can it even be used on it?

pukkkapc,

eln00b

[quote="OF, post: 382676, member: 7683"

No, I don't think it's a good match for the Omicron carts (everyone seems to end up leaking), however guys are reporting success with the CE4 cartomizers D9 sells with PG.

OF

Which CE4 cartomizers can I use for the v2? Or can it even be used on it?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure the 2.5Ohm CE4 Cartomizers work. There's some mention of them deep in this thread...If i can find it I'll come back and edit this post..

EDIT: this might answer your question.. http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/omicron-vaporizer-for-oils.4301/page-410

eln00b,
Reactions: OF
Top Bottom