Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

OF

I'm pretty sure the 2.5Ohm CE4 Cartomizers work. There's some mention of them deep in this thread...If i can find it I'll come back and edit this post..

Yup, that's the one I'm using (working well so far.....). You need an adapter/extender to fit V2, which I believe D9 provides? I had such adapters kicking around.

OF

OF,

druminfected

Just curious didnt the HVD go through some sort of upgrade as well? I remember THC talking about it in the past and was going to do it but never got to it yet.

druminfected,

lockie

Originally, I upgraded from the v2 to the HVD but in all honesty, it doesn't hold a candle to the Persei. The HVD simply allows you to run higher ohm carts but is not powerful enough to run any of the 7.4v attachments such as the Bender, Hercules 7.4v, dual cart top, etc. I sold my HVD unit and upgraded to the Persei and couldn't be happier.
After having the HVD for a couple months, I see where you're coming from and I'm personally about to do the same since the 3.7V Hercules isn't living up to expectations for herbs and I don't really want to constantly buy cartridges every month or so for wax. I even trie 50$ on batteries and charger for the 3.7v but that didn't really make too much of a difference so I think I should just take the leap.
Just making sure if there is a trade in option of any kind (I believe the one on the website is for other vapes but I'm not completely sure) or would I have to individually sell them and just buy the Persei full charge.

lockie,

FeelingFactory

Hello world!

After actively reading and searching for over 2 months, it's high time I signed up and started participating! Thanks in large part to all you avid posters and end users, I've made the Omicron v2.5 my portable solution. The 420 sale also helped hahah. Ordering Saturday and finding it inside my mailbox Monday was a speedy and awesome surprise.

I've got to say, there's quite a bit of information here, and although the search is customizable nicely I'm a little surprised the vaporizer models don't have forum sub topics. Searching close to 420 pages of material requires discretion in not landing on data that has since been outdated, but it also chronicles quite the progress of development and feedback! This is one of many reasons that helped me make the decision of which vapor pen to make my first =)

I thought I was having decent success after loading in some home grown / made amber shatter this week, then later realized of course I was being a noob. Before loading the cart I put both batteries in the charger in case they shipped drained or low, and the light was solid green. The 2nd to 3rd hit started to make some light clouds, which seemed quick from what I've read about priming shatters in Omis. I thought maybe since this is strong hash and vapor, it's not supposed to be all that thick - which is kind of what I'm looking for since dabs or using a MonkeyVape (Eclipse style) of shatter was almost too intense for my lungs..and though water filtering is awesome for them I prefer the quality of the experience dry for some reason.

After just 3 days of occasional usage (hit less than 30 times or so between myself and my wife) I got the low battery pink/purple warning. Today I left the house with the unused battery, and after 5 hits I got the low battery warning! Apparently the battery indicator on the charger is best used with one battery at a time, or with both in the same drained state. Not a big deal personally since I always keep a backup piece / herb and am starting to cut back on combustion, but it might be worth noting that a seemingly full but actually mid to low charged battery might be the cause of a lot of noobs complaining about wispy vapor. That - and I thought it was supposed to make the funny non-stealth whistling sound as you hit it, but that seems to be way too quick for optimal vapor production.

So my lesson was make sure your batteries are charged and hit it slowly!

EDIT: After 3+ hours of charging both drained batteries, one gave me the purple blinking light. The other gave me better hits than before, though its life / charge / output are questionable. The manual says blinking blue light indicates possible problem (I imagine with the battery itself), hopefully purple doesn't mean something different.

The instruction manual also says to oxidize cartridges but everybody says to not do that - and I have no problem with my shatter's taste without any oxidizing. In fact it tastes great. Priming probably takes care of any minimal oxidizing needed, if at all...weird the instructions are outdated in the physical manual?

Thanks FC and everybody who posts to help make it happen. I'll try to keep my posts more brief in the future ;)

Also! While I'm joining in the Bay Area party lol!
If the build is better on the light, I might just go with that. I assume its the same voltage and ohms as the o-phos? Seems like they are just phasing out the o-phos for the light model anyways. I will private message you soon though, and see if I can try and figure out a way to meet up here in the city. If anything I just need to see how big each one is. Appreciate the help!

Check the family photo halfway down the vaporpedia article, this helped me greatly in deciding between a Persei and a v2.5 since I wasn't looking for a phatty bo-batty as my first vapor pen but still wanted the modular design for interchangeable parts:
http://vaporpedia.com/wiki/Omicron#...ron_v1_.28with_Revolution_LV.29.2C_Omicron_V2

OF

I've got to say, there's quite a bit of information here, and although the search is customizable nicely I'm a little surprised the vaporizer models don't have forum sub topics. Searching close to 420 pages of material requires discretion in not landing on data that has since been outdated, but it also chronicles quite the progress of development and feedback! This is one of many reasons that helped me make the decision of which vapor pen to make my first =)

Apparently the battery indicator on the charger is best used with one battery at a time, or with both in the same drained state.

After 3+ hours of charging both drained batteries, one gave me the purple

First off, howdy, nice post, welcome to the fun. Glad you're getting it sorted out with your new vape, it's a good one for sure with lots of well earned fans.

And thanks very much for taking the uncommon (and IMO refreshing) approach to finding information of actually looking a bit rather than 'just get on the web and asking' as so many seem to feel is the right way. You know, let someone else do the work for you? I'm saddened sometimes by the way so many seem to think this is their entitlement or something. Have you noticed how few say 'please' when they make what some might see as a demand for service from strangers? Likewise there are few 'thank yous' to spread around to the good folks who help them out. One can hardly blame them for the most part, they've been taught that way i guess. i assume you're not a product of our enlightened education system exclusively? My complements to your parents or whoever proposed the idea of self reliance. Enough of ranting, but I found your post outstanding in that regard. Thank you for that.

I think you're spot on with the charger/battery theory. IMO it's s single channel charger with two sockets (not uncommon, even on some high end chargers), if there's a weak battery on one side all bets are off. The very fact you get two different results sometimes (like here) shows that clearly IMO. I've opened one up and confirmed the connections.

Anyway, welcome to the Big Leagues! If you're Bay Area I recommend Sparc in the City or Elemental in San Jose, both usually have some tasty concentrates to try out. I like the CO2 extracts, often a little less potent but also very clean tasting and feed very well in Omicrons (little fouling). Otherwise, light color and harder nature at room temperature are typically signposts on the road to true enlightenment.

Regards,

OF

Erikim

Hey y'all. Haven't had time to give an update, especially after getting frustrated again and throwing the omicron into a drawer and forgetting about it...lol.

I randomnly plugged in a battery today, and the button lit up. Screwed in a regular cart and it warmed up. I'm assuming the clearomizer I had is shorted out? In any case, I'm looking to fire up my omicron for concentrates again. I only have used 1.5s laying around. I'm going to try and pick up some 2.4s to try and master those again.

I feel like my fill method isn't too bad...I fill up the funnel, heat the middle of the cart, then heat the funnel until the concentrate melts and bubbles down. I try not to heat it to the point it smokes, but sometimes I need to give it a but more heat to get it all down.

One problem I've noticed while using the 1.5 carts is that I think I'm running them too hot. I usually hold the button down and take a hit for 8 seconds, release for a sec, and repeat about 3-4 times till I can feel a decent hit in the back of my throat. I think in trying to take a large hit, I end up toasting the concentrate to hot, and spoiling things for the long run. I do get fat clouds, but only for a day or two before the cart starts to plug up and not hit as well. Therefore I'm trying to master a 2.4 again to see if I can get better, more consistent hits.

Long post, but I'm really trying not to give up on my omicron. I've had it for a year or say, used it on and off, and had both good and bad experiences. Hopefully this time around, things will be good. I I have read up son all the posts, but I'd appreciate any more feedback to better my experience.

I've even considered trying to get a ego twist battery and running ce3 clearo, but I feel sine I already have so much timeand money invested into my omicron, I gotta give it one last go.

Erikim,

FeelingFactory

First off, howdy, nice post, welcome to the fun. ...i assume you're not a product of our enlightened education system exclusively? My complements to your parents or whoever proposed the idea of self reliance. Enough of ranting, but I found your post outstanding in that regard. Thank you for that.

Thank you for the warm welcome! Being an Eagle Scout has its perks in self-reliance, and you've paid a very nice complement to my mother and late father =)

Anyway, welcome to the Big Leagues! If you're Bay Area I recommend Sparc in the City or Elemental in San Jose, both usually have some tasty concentrates to try out.

Thanks also for the recommendations. Impeccable timing - I plan to head down to the How Weird Street Faire tomorrow and just might have to make a trip down the street to Sparc. Awesome they have pre-filled Omi carts - but strange it's literally double the cost over taking <5 mins and DIY. There's also a hash bar at Forty Acres in Berkeley I've checked out once and may pay them another visit on the way too. When I first moved to the Bay 3 years ago I went to Elemental a few times. Good and tested products, but high / multiple taxes IMO compared to other places not bound by both county and state taxes. My experience also was not unlike airport security (before the latter got worse). That also was a while back so maybe things have changed since then - and they weren't particularly negative experiences.

Now that I've picked up an Omi, I may actually have a reason to filter store bought products into glass to remove any natural waxes present. I wonder how much longer I'd be able to stretch a cart that way, a side-by-side cart life comparison may be in order down the road for me of like C02 VS the same C02 converted to shatter. I'll post about it if/when that happens =)

druminfected

that's what i'm here for ;)

they did change them out w/ non-locking on heads

not sure what non-locking on heads means, can you explain a little more please, thanks again for the info too.

on another note, I had this leaky cart and now it needs to be refilled, but in your guys experience would you even try to refill a leaky cart or just get another new cart and try again?

druminfected,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
sorry drum,
i meant that you have to hold the button down to activate power now, unlike the first model
once it leaks it's done in my book, but it's up to you what it's worth is. if you don't mind buying carts, get another one, imho.
hope that helps

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: OF

poonman

sorry drum,
i meant that you have to hold the button down to activate power now, unlike the first model
once it leaks it's done in my book, but it's up to you what it's worth is. if you don't mind buying carts, get another one, imho.
hope that helps

Hey Bob , and FC members ,
How long can 1 cart last with proper maintenance and usage ? iye

I've read ( aprox . ) 3 g of refill usages is the norm .

tia

poonman,

530rasta

After tons more research and seeing the inside of these carts, i have decided to put this away and give it to someone who wants it. Im bummed i bought this being all hyped up on it yet if would have done more research before hand I would have strayed away.

Just my :2c:

kinda like the no2, the omicron is a great idea, but without the assurance of medical grade parts and part testing i cant see being comfortable using it.

Have a good one...

530rasta,

Vitolo

Vaporist
.....i bought this being all hyped up on it yet if would have done more research before hand I would have strayed away....
That is what most of us, especially those of us that are patients did before going "Omicron".
I researched for months.
You could have read EVERY page, and post on this thread if it mattered to you, there are plenty of Pre- Omicron Users that posted findings before and after their acquisition of this tool....
and as you will read all but a very few are more than satisfied!

poonman

After tons more research and seeing the inside of these carts, i have decided to put this away and give it to someone who wants it. Im bummed i bought this being all hyped up on it yet if would have done more research before hand I would have strayed away.

Just my :2c:

kinda like the no2, the omicron is a great idea, but without the assurance of medical grade parts and part testing i cant see being comfortable using it.

Have a good one...

Hey 530rasta ,
Thank you for sharing your experience with the Omicron Light .
It's good to be health conscious about your own body , and to each his own .

I hope you're not leaving the vaping community over this .
I for one , will be interested in which vape , you do choose for you oils/budda .

You should check out the MFLB thread with the new concentrate tray . imo
Plus I'm also very intrigued with anticipation about the launch of the Ascent on May 5th .

Let us know 530rasta .

530rasta

Hey 530rasta ,
Thank you for sharing your experience with the Omicron Light .

I hope you're not leaving the vaping community over this .
I for one , will be interested in which vape , you do choose for you oils/budda .

You should check out the MFLB thread with the new concentrate tray . imo
Plus I'm also very intrigued with anticipation about the launch of the Ascent on May 5th .

Let us know 530rasta .
I use a Solo fwiw. Looking into the Sublimator for home use, but doing more research on that one tbh.

I have a v2 not a light fwiw. Its a great idea, and i have a feeling D9 will come up with something eventually that will be a benchmark for the industry when it comes to using and testing medical grade materials with test data sheets shared openly in regards to offgassing ect...bc it makes business sense, as the higher quality the product the easier it is to tout as the best.

Funny bc i have some funds id like to use to come up with a medical grade pen for oils that was super simple, small, yet fully funtional...Yet i am kinda screwed being i dont know any engineers haha

onelove!

OF

Have a good one...
That is what most of us, especially those of us that are patients did before going "Omicron".

I hear you for sure. I think Vitolo and PM are spot on too. Very hard to go wrong being too health conscious (although IMO some still manage....).

While the materials used in Omicron are probably just fine for the job, very few indeed of us would be willing to pay the extra to have them certified as you suggest......if it could even be? As a guess, it would more than double the cost? Medical grade stuff costs a lot more to 'get the bug' put on it.

As a thought, perhaps the best vape for you would be a TV Revolution/DART? They are actually made of such materials by a company long in the business. Unfortunately they're out of production now and getting hard to find. The entire cart is all carefully sourced US made materials and include high tech ceramics (not the typical alumina you find in common vapes), Nickle plated Brass (and Aluminum in non critical areas) and a tiny Teflon insulator button on the end. You can autoclave them if you have one handy. AFAIK this is as close to true Medical Grade as you can get. If you can find one, they will rebuild it 'forever' for $15. Tough little buggers and they can really perform.

The current version, Cera Oil, is lovely, but much bigger and more bucks.

Funny bc i have some funds id like to use to come up with a medical grade pen for oils that was super simple, small, yet fully funtional...Yet i am kinda screwed being i dont know any engineers haha

As I just said, you don't need to. That job has already been done for you, last year. Well maybe two years back? We've moved on to Cera since then but the existing Revolution/DART units work fine still and the SV versions can be made into LV for cheap. You might want to check that out?

OF

Silvercloud538

This patient is patiently awaiting the arrival of a new weapon of mass vapor [ the C O R E ]

,which should be out sooner than later ASAP :-):+)

Silvercloud538,

pukkkapc

I suggested to a friend that he should get a Persei and he has stressed out because he is having trouble using only one 18350 battery, and since I suggested it to him I thought I would ask the FC community for help. He is having trouble screwing the bottom plate high enough so that the other 18350 battery can reach the top so he can go with 3.7 V and one battery. But for some reason, the plate will screw all the way up and he said that it feels like it get stuck or somehow the threads are stripped. Any clues what he might be doing wrong?

pukkkapc,

OF

Any clues what he might be doing wrong?

Sure, he's trying to make it do something it's not designed to do. The tube isn't threaded far enough for this, look down the bore and see.

The adjustment range is set up so the shortest 18650 will work as will two 18350s (a nominal 1/4 or so longer). No way was it intended for a battery half that length. To use it he needs the SS kit (shorter tube) or a spacer about 35mm long.....

OF

pukkkapc

Sure, he's trying to make it do something it's not designed to do. The tube isn't threaded far enough for this, look down the bore and see.

The adjustment range is set up so the shortest 18650 will work as will two 18350s (a nominal 1/4 or so longer). No way was it intended for a battery half that length. To use it he needs the SS kit (shorter tube) or a spacer about 35mm long.....

OF

LOL, that's just too funny! He must've been really medicated when he thought he read it somewhere in the manual. But thanks again for the helpful information.

OF

LOL, that's just too funny! He must've been really medicated when he thought he read it somewhere in the manual. But thanks again for the helpful information.

You're welcome. I hope your bud sticks with until he sorts it out.

Regards,

OF

OF,

druminfected

Upgraded to the 2.5v finally, and seen the led flash purple once. Anybody know what that indicates? Perhaps a low charge? That's what I'm thinking. I made the mistake thinkin the cart needed more oil, but it was just a low battery was the cause, but now ended up with another leaky cart, prolly cause to much oil now. ( I know .5 at a time is optimal ) you think people would learn after using a product for years :(

sorry drum,
hope that helps

Oh I see, that's great because, that's the one thing I didn't like about my HVD. I'm really going through the whole overhaul with my omicron,persei, and eventually my HVD, and all I can say everything has been smooth sailing, fantastic customer service from D9V!

Is there a way to check if your battery is low on the 2.5? Just wondering because I seem that purple light once, and only once, so if I wasn't looking I wouldn't have known.

druminfected,
Top Bottom