MiniVAP Vaporizer

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I can get blond ABV from any of my vaporizers. I just choose to go further and extract more.

Is the minivap not capable of thorough extraction?

vape4life

Banned for life
Hmmmm, the blonde ABV sounds like it's not getting up to a high enough temp. The Cloud's ABV looks thoroughly roasted. Perhaps take the blonde ABV and throw it in another vape to see if it produces vapour? If it does well that then speaks for itself. If it doesn't well then the minivap may just be better at extraction than the Cloud! So i'm not really sure what to make of this, but a video would kick ass... just at least to see the cloud size. How are the Clouds? What do you think of the 4 preset temps? What will cleaning be like?

Thanks for the comparisons with the Solo, it's really appreciated, and IMO needed since there are only a couple of these "portable" units that are more like portable desktops kinda thing (I don't require stealth whatsoever). It's true that the robot fart smell is looooong gone, and there is mica in the Solo, however I too have taken them apart many times and even though the electronics are separate from the heater, it's not airtight obviously and the air may not be completely "pure". This kinda bugs me, but there is nothing better as of yet, unless this thing kills it. Another bitch is having to take the solo apart every few weeks to clean out all the ABV that gets in there. I have a feeling this won't be an issue with the minivap.

Good to know that the minivap has taken over the EQ....my Solo made my EQ obsolete too.

Think i'll wait for a bit more of your input and a video until I pull the plug on ebay and get the kit with all the attachments, seems to be the best bang for the buck.

I don't want to come across like I'm hating on the minivap any more because I'm actually starting to find things I like about it, especially the Ultem contruction because I have experience with Ultem already and it is an incredible material. But don't pick apart other vapes that have been working fine for thousands of others for no reason to try to make the MV look good; it can stand on it's own.

Just because they have been working fine for thousands of others doesn't mean they are completely safe. Can you imagine if the robot fart or whatever else was offgassing in the early Solo's caused SERIOUS health effects? Lostclusters was simply giving a comparison without BS (<----sometimes hard to find unbiased) and I find it quite informative. I only want to put the cleanest and purest vapour in my lungs, and for me that also means no air that goes over PCB's, solder, etc. goes in my lungs.

How can the ultem be cleaned? ISO?

vape4life,
Reactions: dimmusp

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I'll do a test when I'm back home from the cottage, I have a bunch of Ultem guitar picks.

CentiZen,

Lostclusters

I would like to add that from my perspective I doubt it seriously that the solo would cause any serious health concerns. But I share the concerns of V4L. I too want only the purest vapor.

Lostclusters,

vape4life

Banned for life
Well i've got problems lol I checked ebay and emailed a few dudes from their positive feedback which resulted in me connecting with a super rad dude in Texas and he just gave me a review over the phone! He is now signing up to join us here on FC and will be contributing to this thread as well as making a youtube vid. This is his ONLY vaporizer he's ever tried and he was raving about how awesome it is and how great the distributor out of Oakland is. Just a few things in memory.... 5 min. warmup time, super easy to clean (just a thimble screen and mouthpieces), dark brown ABV on the highest temp setting, and like many vapes, the first pull doesn't yield vapour because it's just warming the herb (true convection). This last point I don't like much, I always hated puffing and priming with other vapes, but is the nature of the beast unless you add conduction (which Jorge is planning to do this summer).

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Very cool, V4L. I look forward to hearing from the Texan. Did he mention how he came about choosing the minivap in the first place?

:peace:

Stu,

vape4life

Banned for life
Yeah he googled "best highest quality vaporizer" or something along those lines and found it. That was actually my first question for him. Won't be long before we see him here. He's been trying to do a youtube review for a while, but just hasn't gotten around to it. Owns just the a/c power version and is buying the battery next week. Will be nice to have another minivap owner on here forsure. looking forward.

vape4life,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
but is the nature of the beast unless you add conduction

except for the Cloud. i think the difference is the size of the heater path -- like 6+" in the Cloud. that plus maintaining temp regardless of volume of air can make its first hit quasi-dense.

i need about 60 seconds after getting to temp in order to get a dense first hit -- my heater path is about 2", and i have a lot of infrared thermal radiation with herb inside the oven tube.

Hippie Dickie,
Reactions: vape4life
I just signed up today and had a buddy who said there were a lack of customer reviews for the minivap and he suggested I make a review here, and I will also follow up with a youtube video as soon as I can. This is for you Marty.
First of all I have been interested in purchasing the best portable an discrete vaporizer for a while since moving into a gated community with snooping neighbors so i decided to stop using my helix and go for something that people wouldnt recognize as a product to use herbs. So. I found the minivap and was sceptical at first, looked for reviews an found very little info. So contacted the authorizedvaporizerdealer out of Oakland California and spoke with the owner who was very very honest and helpful. I purchased the Minivap kit that was the one with the home wall plug, price was $581 which was money well spent.
The kit came with the base unit (i got silver which looks like a redbull can that im sippin on) came withe the wall adapter an cable plug, a car charger(which is the best part imo) extra screens cleaning kit, and a case. It has four settings cool, warm, hot and very hot.It has a two button turn on system an a after several minutes of not adjusting the heat will go to the cool mode incase of forgetting to turn it off. It has a bowl that resebles a thimble an it about the same size. It comes several rubber hoses an 3 plastic mouthpieces which i prefer to use over the hoses. At first i really didnt know what to expect using it for the first time since i have no experience with vapes, but my wife has used several before. First thing to do is either turn on the unit to the setting in which u prefer(mine is the green setting which is hot) or load ur bowl first, if im in a rush i will turn the sytem on so that it warms up an is ready asap(which takes about 5 minutes) then load my thimble bowl then drop it in the chamber close off the top part, put on my mouthpeice then wait for the green light to stop blinking an stay green consistantly, which means its ready to go. The next step is to draw a long steady hit( i have huge lungs so it usually only takes one or two good long draws to get the herbs warmed up) after that its vape heaven! Depending on how moist or dry your herbs are will depend on how high of a setting you would need, I always start with green then after the vape gets weak, ill swich to the high heat setting which is red then vape the rest till i know its done, which takes a few times to get used to. When its done clean up is easy as cake, hold the two buttons together to turn it off then wait to cool down after removing the top cap, cool down is very quick. Then pull the thible out an empty the bowl. Thats it. To adjust the heat you have the two buttons. One is to go lower an one to go higher. To adjust push an hold the higher or lower one until the light changes color an then it will blink until that temp is reached. My wife an I have been using pipes an blunts for years, and i am happy to say after a week of owning this product(now its been since early march of this year) my wife and i have sold all our pipes since using a pipe or a blunt is nothing so damn harsh after using the minivap, i am completely satisfied and money well spent, i use this everyday on our back porch and when i drive home from a long day at work i plug it into the car charger. Its amazing. Must buy. Hope this helps anyone who wants to buy the best portable vape on the market. My wife an I are spoiled now an refuse to use anything but the minivap its the way to go A+++ get yours now

Sorry for the horrible spelling an grammar. Im terrible at typing, if anyone has questions you can make your post here and i will reply asap!

Hey its me the texan i posted a quick review. I did it all my my shit cell phone an this site works poorly on it. So sorry if it sux lol just ask whatever you like an i will answer. My review is titled minivap customer review

RaginCajunRic,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Just so you guys know, I have several Ultem guitar picks sitting in 100% ISO right now so we will see how they hold up. To be honest I expect them to be fine; ultem is incredible.

CentiZen,
Just uploaded my review on the minivap to youtube its being processed right now. So it should be available to watch very soon. Its called MiniVap Customer Review. I recorded it with my hone real quick so its not the coolest thing ever but yall will get to see my minivap an i will explain how it works

RaginCajunRic,

Lostclusters

I had an issue with mine yesterday. The battery seemed to just die and the unit shut off. The weird thing was that the battery was only on the second level. Maybe the battery was not charged all the way. After all I did not charge it yet. So I pop it on the charger and after five minutes I tried it to see if it would come on, and it did. I proceeded to use it on the charger and it seemed to work fine. So if the battery dies on you unexpectedly, you can put it on the charger and keep going.

Lostclusters,

Lostclusters

Just uploaded my review on the minivap to youtube its being processed right now. So it should be available to watch very soon. Its called MiniVap Customer Review. I recorded it with my hone real quick so its not the coolest thing ever but yall will get to see my minivap an i will explain how it works

Good, thanks. I am off the hook.

Lostclusters,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I had an issue with mine yesterday. The battery seemed to just die and the unit shut off. The weird thing was that the battery was only on the second level. Maybe the battery was not charged all the way. After all I did not charge it yet. So I pop it on the charger and after five minutes I tried it to see if it would come on, and it did. I proceeded to use it on the charger and it seemed to work fine. So if the battery dies on you unexpectedly, you can put it on the charger and keep going.

I've seen this behaviour on both a battery powered signal generator, and a lithium ion powered quadricopter I am working on. In both cases, it's when the draw on the cells were high and sustained, (I know the chopper was consuming nearly 7 amps to lift up) total for two batteries in a 2C configuration. I saw the same sort of thing, where the battery pack just lost power and the machine went dead (and in one case, nearly fell on my head). I am 90% sure the high power output was overheating the cells and the built in PCB shut them off. I had to fix it by adding more cells laterally so that I wasn't drawing as much off each cell. Of course there could be a different issue at play but that is my guess.

CentiZen,

Lostclusters

I intended to do a much more in depth review here but it has been a very busy weekend for me. The bottom line is, IMHO, that the miniVap works better than (and in some ways very much better than) the solo. It was designed to sustain vapor not make big clouds, for medical marijuana testing. My sessions with the miniVap seem much longer than the solo. The vapor clouds seem denser to me as well. Because of the way it heats you can have long periods of time go by in between hits and flavor is not lost.

But the big question: Is it worth the cost?

For me the answer is yes. It is expensive there is no doubt about that. And there are more and more alternatives coming around all the time. But no portable has isolated air that I know of except the MiniVap. Is that a big deal? That is a very subjective question. For me the answer is yes. And everyone has to answer that for themselves.

I intended to do a much more in depth review here but it has been a very busy weekend for me. The bottom line is, IMHO, that the miniVap works better than (and in some ways very much better than) the solo. It was designed to sustain vapor not make big clouds, for medical marijuana testing. My sessions with the miniVap seem much longer than the solo. The vapor clouds seem denser to me as well. Because of the way it heats you can have long periods of time go by in between hits and flavor is not lost.
It might be better than the solo but the solo is a fraction of the price.... This thing looks cool but I don't understand how the price is so high. Is there really a market for people looking to buy $800+ vapes.

Futuretvowner,
Reactions: zmurder

Lostclusters

It might be better than the solo but the solo is a fraction of the price.... This thing looks cool but I don't understand how the price is so high. Is there really a market for people looking to buy $800+ vapes.

I hope I am not breaking any rules here but the guys at Slide4less.com said they would give everyone here at FC the wholesale price. That being $560 for the battery version (the one I bought).

Lostclusters,
Reactions: vape4life

zmurder

For me the answer is yes. It is expensive there is no doubt about that. And there are more and more alternatives coming around all the time. But no portable has isolated air that I know of except the MiniVap. Is that a big deal? That is a very subjective question. For me the answer is yes. And everyone has to answer that for themselves.

Can you explain what you mean by "isolated air" and why it is that you think only the miniVap has this?

zmurder,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Can you explain what you mean by "isolated air" and why it is that you think only the miniVap has this?

I'd love to at least see a diagram of the airpath, myself.

Is it just me, or do those bowls look a lot like EQ elbow screens?

I was suprised to hear that the warmup time was a full 5 minutes. Not that bad, I guess, but I would've thought it would be up to temp in a minute or two.

I'm glad we have some members with units in hand finally. I look forward to hearing more about the unit.

:peace:

Stu,

Lostclusters

@future - It is the one with the 3 1/4" battery. I do not mean to be cute but that is the best answer I can come up with.

@zmurder - Opps, I meant isolated air "path" sorry about that. Still a bit under a fog from yesterday's testing. And I just got started on more testing (this thing is good). The miniVap is the only portable vape with an isolated air path that I know of. And let my add that the components in the air path are in V4L post are medical grade. The heater is the only question mark and I am looking into that.

Lostclusters,
Top Bottom