MiniVAP Vaporizer

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Good info man, thanks for sharing.

Will you be doing a video as well when you get it? I'd love to be able to judge the ability of this thing clouding up that 15 arm in your sign ^^.

I like the sound of that button to interrupt the 10 minute shut-off cycle btw. I wish the Solo had something like that too.

OhTheAgony,

vape4life

Banned for life
So Jorge finally retured my email after 2 weeks apologizing. He has allowed me to pass on some, not all info. As you can see, he has taken the time to personally answer all of my questions. I hope this can help some of you, and super stoked lostclusters to hear your review dude! I'm quite keen on this vape, although there is a contradiction in warranty, he says 2 years...but isn't it advertised as 3?

Is it possible to combust?

The maximum temperature is about 230ºC, so it's, you can burn a little using it at the higher temp, but you won't get the same burning than conduction heating (remember that minivap is mostly convention heating)

Is it strictly a convection vape? Meaning if I leave my herbs in with the unit running hot, it will not deteriorate the herbs?

This is one of the keys of the MiniVAP, convection heating airflow stops when you stop inhaling! The heating source and the plant are separated so the conduction heating is very small. But we are testing a little accessory to get more conduction heating in the filling chamber (and increase decarboxilation) We will start selling this in the summer... the vap has some tricks... ;) but everything is not public..

How easy is it to maintain and clean your product? What are the mouth piece stems made out of?

The filling chamber and the collecting cone are teflon so it's very easy to clean when is warm, they are anti adherent.
The screens are stainless steel 304 and the mouthpiece is a special polieteremide that can be in contact with food and medical use (or that is what the safety sheet of the manufacturer says) up to 260ºC...

Mouth piece - ULTEM
http://www.sabic-ip.com/gep/en/NewsRoom/PressReleaseDetail/march_18_2010_sabicinnovativeplasticsultem.html
Loading chamber and cone - teflon or PTFE
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PTFE

Filters - 304 stainless steel
look for: Low-carbon versions, for example 316L or 304L in the link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stainless_steel

I really appreciate you bring such a good vape to the market, however it would be greatly helpful to see some actual real use videos or more information as it is quite a great risk for such and expensive piece of technology.

We are making a new web page.. but good things take time.. it will be ready in around 6 weeks, with videos and very tech info...

How does the money back guarentee work? Basically if for any reason i'm not happy with the unit I will get ALL my money back except for shipping? How does the warranty work?
Sorry but none of our customers send the vaporizer back. If this would happen we would charge for the shipping but also a little amount for using a brand new product, this is an small company, nothing to be with other brands. The vaporizer has a warranty of 2 years, the Lithium batteries 1 year. If after that time your battery lose capacity, you can send us the old unit to recycle it and replace it to a new one using the same case.

I welcome you to join our friendly community at fuckcombustion. If you want to increase your sales, you will be coming to the right place :)
Thank you very much! If you want to add some info from this email to the forum about the technical part (materials, conduction vs. convection) or the new website please, do it freely

tepictoton

thx V4L for the info

Lostclusters, hope you get your replacement soon and can give us more insight into this vape.

tepictoton,

vape4life

Banned for life
Thanks guys, and lostcluters not to put any pressure on you, but YOU may be the deciding factor in making my decision lol Really stoked to hear your thoughts.

I don't understand something though, these guys are just getting started? I was under the impression that this vape has been around for a few years?

vape4life,

tepictoton

from what I understood from Jorge, they have been around for couple of years, but it's kind off a one man company...

tepictoton,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I think this vape was first mentioned in a thread mentioned in this post, but the link doesn't work since we changed to new forum software. Can anyone tell me what to change to the link in that post to make it work again please? I think it had something to do with the php info.

It was mentioned early in this thread that it has been around for one or two years when this thread started already, so that would be two to three years now? That doesn't really match what the Jorge dude is saying though, which doesn't make him sound very trustworthy unfortunately. But perhaps he just has an odd conception of time passing :rolleyes:

Still not convinced.

edit: oh hey, look here.

A quote from that thread, I think it's safe to assume Jorge wrote this in January 2010:

Dear Konrad,

Thank you very much for contact with us. I met somebody from your forum
site in London and I really appreciate your interest in the new MiniVAP.

Right know, I'm travelling around Spain promoting the product for
wholesale distributors, shops and clubs for therapeutic uses of plants,
if anybody from Barcelona, Madrid, Valencia or Malaga is posting in
fuckcombustion and wants to try the MiniVAP, please give him my personal
address.

There is a long story about MiniVAP, the project of this portable
vaporizer started in 2005... and the product is on the market only one
month ago, 5 years later.

I write down some links to youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch_private?v=TgbuU-Q2Tno&sharing_token=XoQQQn4r8K0UbQW0ELV-vg
http://www.youtube.com/watch_private?v=0GBeakmkoAA&sharing_token=KYaW29BicEQImY9KTP_uCg

We keep in touch.

Happy vapor,
Jorge

OhTheAgony,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Hello guys, I've been lurking this forum for years now. So I've got to do a little presentation :
I've bought the volcano like 4 years ago and I'm very happy with it, using it everyday.
Such a good investment, I calculated how much this device cost me per day, all consumables included (exept the herbs :D ) and with a second solid valve set > less that 40 euro cents. Nearly nothing.
People who says it's expensive are such morons, they just don't get it. This gear both helps me saving money and keeping my lungs clean.

Since I frequently workout I care about my lungs so I nearly don't smoke at all, some times a little stick when I'm outside but like once a week max.

I was searching for something portable and convenient, I bought the iolite like 3 years ago, it was so lame.. Plastic taste and no pleasure at all. I lend it to a friend who lost it, good riddance.

Since I've got a job now, in a few months I may be able to put some money and get the highest grade stuff.
This minivap seems to be the best portable vaporizer available now.

Exactly what I was looking for. Expensive sure, but quality isn't cheap. I don't get it when people says if they got that kind of money they would rather buy a bunch of cheap vaporizers rather than a very good and efficient one. This is dumb to be polite. Quality > Quantity.

I don't get why people are complaining about the price. In Europe it is 550 euros for the complete version, the volcano digital costs 500 euros and is not portable at all.

Not a huge difference. Sure it's not the same deal for US foreigners who got to pay it in dollars since its weaker than euro.
Anyway, I don't see anything that good on the market, at least on what we know for the moment since there is no real review.
Can't wait for it !

For me a good vape must be user friendly, most are annoying to use and you must know a lot of tricks to make them work good, which is irritating imo.

OhTheAgony, your videos are private :/

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I think it is clear that the materials in the air-path include but are not limited to:

1. PTFE (Teflon)
  2. Stainless Steel
  3. Ultem* polyetherimide (PEI) resin
The first 2 I have in my HA already so nothing special there and the Ultem . . . looks interesting, it must be expensive . . .

t-dub,
Reactions: zmurder

Lostclusters

The same addressing snafu which delayed me before still plagues me. I will have it tomorrow though, I am picking it up myself. Sorry for the delay.

Lostclusters,
Reactions: vape4life

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
re: Ultem
Wikipedia said:
and performs in continuous use to 340 °F (170 °C

that seems kind of low temp to me ... i guess it must be away from the heater.

Hippie Dickie,

Lostclusters

re: Ultem

that seems kind of low temp to me ... i guess it must be away from the heater.

From V4L post above:

"Mouth piece - ULTEM"

It would not matter what the mouth piece was made out of, if it got anywhere near 340 degrees F it would burn the crap out your lips, throat, and lungs!

Lostclusters,
Reactions: dimmusp

Lostclusters

I wanted to put something up so that those that are interested get some kind of update. I have received my miniVap and so far I am very happy with it. Only one session so far though. Now that I can see the keys again I can mention that. I rigged up a deal so I can run the MiniVap through my Wilson bub using an EQ bag filling attachment (18mm male joint and a three inch EQ hose). I need a longer miniVap hose though. The ones supplied are about five inches long, one quarter inch I.D., with a sixteenth inch wall. Anyone remember seeing this silicone hose any where? I am trying to locate some.

Much more to follow.

Lostclusters,

vape4life

Banned for life
Lostclusters, you have NO IDEA how eagerly I await your full review! But first impression seems pretty good! It would be great if you could compare it to the Solo in your review too. Glad you have a working minivap in your hands, we are very envious!

Did you get the minivap kit with the battery AND a/c plug in?

vape4life,

vape4life

Banned for life
I really can't wait either, your input lostclusters may be the only real review on here for some time, and may be the sole deciding factor whether I pull the trigger on it or not. Would love for it to replace my Solo with it's "better airflow" and "medical grade" materials.

vape4life,

Lostclusters

The solo is not even in the same class as the miniVap. With the solo you are inhaling soldiering flux from the manufacturing process (robot fart smell), more than likely you are inhaling fiber glass and other particulates from the circuit boards and other parts in the air path that is not isolated, there is a plastic piece below the heater less than one sixteenth of an inch away that makes me nervous because it gets HOT there, ...

The bowl size is very similar to the solo maybe a little bigger (by one eighth of an inch). But the miniVap hits are more milky and there are more of them (this is a design feature). The one session I have had with it so far it seemed to be a bottomless bowl. It hit and hit, I'd say I got about eight solid hits and it started to get wispy. This was with my own Kali Mist. I am very used to how this strain cooks and it seems to go a bit further than I am used to from my other vapes. Also the ABV is an even blondish color. I have not seen this before in any vape I have used. I'd call it the most efficient extraction I have ever seen.

Air flow threw the miniVap is night and day different from the solo. No struggling to get a decent hit. No slow drag. The miniVap hits harder the more you pull. And the straw does not fall out like the solo. But the miniVap is nearly twice as tall than the solo. Certainly not as stealthy as a Da Vinci. But if you need something that stealthy you are probably putting yourself at risk IMHO.

There is more, much more, but I have other stuff to do just now so it will have to wait. I believe the miniVap will be a keeper for me. It is everything I need in a portable vape. And it could very easily be the only vape if it were not for The Cloud. The minVap does not hit as hard as The Cloud. But then it was not designed for that kind of service. And The Could is not portable. More on that latter.

vape4life

Banned for life
Thanks Lostclusters! I've been waiting for this! lol Wow, this is exactly what I wanted to hear! Shit though, now I gotta sell a brand new solo and get on this little badboy!

Really looking forward to your future thoughts on it.

Oh yeah, is it possible to get the ABV darker? Sounds like it's not getting high enough on temp? I understand the efficiency, but with the proper temp it should brown the ABV, no?

Did you get the full kit? Or just the battery one? Where did you buy it?

vape4life,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
The solo is not even in the same class as the miniVap. With the solo you are inhaling soldiering flux from the manufacturing process (robot fart smell), more than likely you are inhaling fiber glass and other particulates from the circuit boards and other parts in the air path that is not isolated, there is a plastic piece below the heater less than one sixteenth of an inch away that makes me nervous because it gets HOT there, ...

Okay dude, I know you don't like the solo and want to differentiate it from the minivap but please don't make such ridiculous claims. ALL of these claims have been touched on in the solo thread. In case you missed that though, here are some cliff notes.

Even if the solder flux DIDN'T evaporate quickly after application, it is made from rosin out of pine trees so it's not like you would be inhaling toxins. But it does, and therefore is a non issue. And arizer does not use normal solder in there boards anyway, most of the big connections are made with conductive silicone.

The real reason behind the robot fart smell was that heat shrink tubing on the battery packs was too loose and started outgassing until it shrunk fully which usually was a session or too. I won't deny it was a legitimate problem with the solo but it isn't from the reason you cite and also a non issue now.

The "plastic" is actually mica, which is sort of like a ceramic and very good around heat. I don't think there are any issues with the PCB flaking randomly or any other issues like that but I have no real proof to say otherwise apart from saying the chances of a piece flaking, getting sucked up, getting through the ridiculously small hole and then up through the bud and into my lungs are pretty low.

I don't want to come across like I'm hating on the minivap any more because I'm actually starting to find things I like about it, especially the Ultem contruction because I have experience with Ultem already and it is an incredible material. But don't pick apart other vapes that have been working fine for thousands of others for no reason to try to make the MV look good; it can stand on it's own.

Lostclusters

I do not want to turn this into a debate over the solo. The members here wanted to know how I compared the miniVap to the solo, so I did. Your conclusions on the solo IMHO are wrong. I have disassembled my solos and fixed the smell issue, I know where it came from. I know what it is made of and what parts are where.

All I can say is if do not like my comparison, disregard it. I have been an electronics technician for twenty years in the military, and now work for a communications company as a field technician. I probably know a bit more than you about soldiering flux and circuit boards. There is a whole host of things that goes into the manufacturing of circuit boards and none of it is ok for any sort of consumption. Would you like to bet your lungs and your health that yours does not contain these things. You are correct that the flux in question is made from tree sap, but that is not all that is in flux. And to say that it is not toxic or the vapor from it is not toxic is not correct.

If you like your solo, stick with it. It is inexpensive and they seem to work pretty good.

zmurder

How does this compare to Solo?!? Is it medical grade??

OK sorry. But seriously, what is the heating element itself made out of?

zmurder,

Lostclusters

How does this compare to Solo?!? Is it medical grade??

OK sorry. But seriously, what is the heating element itself made out of?

That is a good question but I do not know yet. But I can tell you this, the miniVap was designed and built to be part of a study on medical cannabis (not in the US). I read the paper on part of the study and the miniVap is mentioned by name, but it did not discuss what it is made of. I hope the distributors will be able to provide this info soon. So far all we know is in V4L post.

Lostclusters,

Lostclusters

My EQ 4 is fired!

I am very impressed with the miniVap so far. It has bumped my daily driver (EQ4). I did not think I could live without the shotgun. But, the miniVap has easily out shined everything in my arsenal. I will try to post a video later, but that is not the most important thing about this vape. The biggest thing vape is how well is works at extraction. My ABV is blond. I have not seen blond ABV. Has any one else seen blond ABV from their vape? I think it is going to take The Cloud to beat it into a portable only vape for me.

Lostclusters,
Top Bottom