MiniVAP Vaporizer

vape4life

Banned for life
Thanks Lost, you are a very valuable resource in this thread! slide4less.com isn't a website though. I received another feedback from an ebayer who said this unit is overpriced and not worth the money, and all you need is a volcano and mflb! lol Lost, how is the battery life?

Here is ragin's in-use vid:

Lostclusters

Thanks Lost, you are a very valuable resource in this thread! slide4less.com isn't a website though. I received another feedback from an ebayer who said this unit is overpriced and not worth the money, and all you need is a volcano and mflb! lol Lost, how is the battery life?

I see what you mean. They must have changed that. http://www.authorizedvaporizerdealer.com/ or www.vaporizeit.com are the sites they seem to be selling their vapes from now. Slide4less.com was the site I used to purchase mine on 5/1. But that has obviously changed. I am fairly sure that the deal they told me of is still available at these other sites. The same folks run them. Ask for Riche and tell him you are a FC member.

It could be the lighting or the venue but the clouds are usually MUCH more visible than what is shown in the above video. The heat of the vapor could be a factor. I use my miniVap with the six inch hose that comes with it. And my clouds are much more visible. I will try to do a solo/miniVap vape off.

Lostclusters,
Reactions: vape4life

Lostclusters

Here are the temperatures and the colors they are associated with:

Blue - 180C/356F
Pink - 195C/383F
Green - 210C/410F
Red - 225C/437F

I use the green setting. It seems to work the best. My unit must run a bit cooler than what is advertised because my ABV is very light in color.

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Those ultem guitar picks weren't even fazed by spending the night in ISO. No discoloration, no warping, ISO is still crystal clear. The ink on the front is gone but the actual pick is fine.

I'd say you can clean this with ISO no problem.

CentiZen,
Reactions: dimmusp

zmurder

Dang Red and Green seem really hot, but apparently your unit isn't hitting those numbers. I figured you meant "isolated air path" but I was asking exactly what you meant by that. Isolated from what? The battery and electronics I figure. If that's the case then at least a few portable vapes have an isolated air path. I'm guessing you don't count the portable $32.50 gn0me b/c it uses a butane torch (though it is "isolated" and only hot air and glass touch your vapor). But I would have thought you would have heard of the ThermoVape, which has an isolated air path and uses "medical grade" materials. I'm not trying to compare the TV to your MV here -- just saying that the TV has an isolated air path and is made from medical grade materials. Oh, and I know what the TV heating element is made from; have you found out what the MV heating element is made from yet?

zmurder,

tepictoton

Correct me if I'm wrong, but i understood from Jrge the heating element was aluminium, same as volcano...

tepictoton,
Reactions: zmurder

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Pardon me for insisting but i still find it a huge trade off in cost between the pluses of the miniVAP comparing to others.
"It is effective and extracts thorougly and the abv is light brown." My buddha does the same if used right. I tried revaping in my gn0me and only got one last hit and had to leave my herbs dark brown to pull it off. So, no trade off there, it is the same as many in the market.

You can get the T1 for 200USD, the Solo for 230USD. One has better materials, the other has better battery life. The miniVAP has both but sacrifices in size. The trade off, is between 310-350USD.
The gn0me is 35USD but sacrifices in durability and stealth although it has the best air path and materials used, a trade off of about 525USD.
I believe a comparison between the gn0me and the miniVAP is not entirely fair because of the gn0me ingenious design (simple, cheap and effective ), it will be used in roughly the same settings considering the miniVAP is portable but not easy to hide like the gn0me but the amount of engineering required in the miniVAP rises the price of course. But the bottom line is, there is much achieved with the gn0me that cannot be easily matched, and i am not talking about the price. This is true to all vaporizers when compared to the gn0me or the vapocane although the gn0me wins because you can use without bongs.

My point is still the same as it as always been, if you can afford to spend roughly 65% more in the miniVAP comparing to the T1 or 60% more than with the Solo, for the improvement it delivers in the materials quality and its reflection in taste, i am glad you can.

But if i was that adamant about quality materials i would hook the gn0me to a bubbler or bong and be done with it instead of investing in such a pricey piece.

It does not have digital temp readout, glass vapour path (best path for the more genuine flavour), and although the silver version looks a bit like a soda can, it is risky to use outside such a big vaporizer so it is portable but more for home use, it is not possible to easily attach it to glass like other as well.

I don't know if i am forgetting any important issue, taste/battery life/stealth are my top priorities in vaporizers. Taste is directly linked with the materials used so it is safe to imply that generally speaking better taste equals better materials. Battery life and stealth are the more easily conceded trade offs for the taste. I believe the durability of the materials used is important as well and another factor i wheigh in my decisions albeit at a lower level than these three i mentioned.

At 560USD, buying the miniVAP instead of a T1 is still too much considering i would give up the battery life and temp control but i would gain a lot in stealth and still have the same medicinal materials. Plus, an FC member makes an adapter for the T1 so you could use it at home (if in the US because of the 110V).

I would instead get a T1 or a EVO+gn0me+Solo and at 150+35+230, i would still be 50$ short and 2 vaporizers more versatile and with materials that achieved the same results in the safe point.

Just my opinion here. Like i said earlier, if you can shell close to 600$, it can only be superior than the 200$ competition. But there seems to be too many options that achieve close to the same results or a combination of options that achieves more.

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
the gnome looks cool, but not stealthy as the minivap
i don't consider carrying a bong, torch, and suspect piece of glass with me everywhere
i may buy it, but 550eur is expensive, is there a way to get a discount ?

Roger D,

zmurder

i don't consider carrying a bong, torch, and suspect piece of glass with me everywhere

I wouldn't compare the gn0me at all to this here mV. I just brought it and the TV up before b/c of Lostclusters claim that the mV was the only portable with an isolated air path. Not so at all. I don't really mind the price of the mV -- I get that quality is gonna cost a lot. I just haven't seen anything yet that makes this vape seem interesting (or even fully functional -- it seems not to fully extract, despite the claims). Lostclusters had QC issues the first go around and has since had battery problems. Even at $250 I'm not sure why this vape would beat the newer competition.

zmurder,
Reactions: CentiZen

vorrange

Vapor.wise

I dont think anyone said a bong+torch+gn0me was stealthy. And the main use of the gn0me classic would be with just a torch, the bong is just a welcome plus.

But i don't think the miniVAP is stealthy, it can be confounded with a weird soda can if you don't have much time to look at it but that is about it.

vorrange,

Lostclusters

I'm guessing you don't count the portable $32.50 gn0me b/c it uses a butane torch (though it is "isolated" and only hot air and glass touch your vapor). But I would have thought you would have heard of the ThermoVape, which has an isolated air path and uses "medical grade" materials.

Nope, sure did not. I do not know anything about them.

Oh, and I know what the TV heating element is made from; have you found out what the MV heating element is made from yet?

No

Lostclusters,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Nope, sure did not. I do not know anything about them.
LC, if you're interested, and since we're both in SoCal, I could show you the Theremovape and gn0me in person. I'd love to get a close look at your new toy, too of course. :cool:

Stu,

Lostclusters

I just brought it and the TV up before b/c of Lostclusters claim that the mV was the only portable with an isolated air path. Not so at all.

You forgot a few very import words here. And that being "that I know of".

Lostclusters had QC issues the first go around and has since had battery problems. Even at $250 I'm not sure why this vape would beat the newer competition.

It is impossible for me to have QC issues. I do not manufacture, or distribute anything. And my battery seems ok for now. Do I have a vape named after me or what?

Lostclusters,

zmurder

You forgot a few very import words here. And that being "that I know of".

It is impossible for me to have QC issues. I do not manufacture, or distribute anything. And my battery seems ok for now. Do I have a vape named after me or what?

Lostclusters was the victim of QC issues the first go around. Sorry, thought that would be clear, no?

zmurder,

Lostclusters

LC, if you're interested, and since we're both in SoCal, I could show you the Theremovape and gn0me in person. I'd love to get a close look at your new toy, too of course. :cool:

It would make a get vid, wouldn't it. I live in north San Diego county. Way north.

Lostclusters,

Lostclusters

I think there has been a slight misconception here. This thread is not here to say the miniVap is better than your vape. Nor is it here to say that the miniVap is the best vape. A couple of us started talking about the miniVap. We had questions about it we could not get answers to. I decided to buy one and check it out. No one drew a line in the sand. No challenges issued. So if someone has that bouncing around in their head it is not there from us talking about it. Not intentionally that I can recall.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
It would make a get vid, wouldn't it. I live in north San Diego county. Way north.
A great vid indeed.

I'm in north OC (way north) so we're not as close as I thought. But if you ever get up this way give me a shout. Well, a pm would probably work better than a shout, but I digress.

I appreciate your input on this vape very much. Now go get back to testing and stuff!

:peace:

Stu,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I think there has been a slight misconception here. This thread is not here to say the miniVap is better than your vape. Nor is it here to say that the miniVap is the best vape. A couple of us started talking about the miniVap. We had questions about it we could not get answers to. I decided to buy one and check it out. No one drew a line in the sand. No challenges issued. So if someone has that bouncing around in their head it is not there from us talking about it. Not intentionally that I can recall.
Well if you watch the video that you posted the link to, close to the end he says a lot of stuff like "best vape out there" "best portable vape go buy it" stuff like that . . . and with no experience to back it up either (admittedly his first vape) . . . I'm not gonna take the time to go back and document it all but this is just one example of why that feeling might be in this thread.

t-dub,
Reactions: zmurder

Lostclusters

Well if you watch the video that you posted the link to, close to the end he says a lot of stuff like "best vape out there" "best portable vape go buy it" stuff like that . . . and with no experience to back it up either (admittedly his first vape) . . . I'm not gonna take the time to go back and document it all but this is just one example of why that feeling might be in this thread.

That was a friend of a member here, not involved with discussion. And he said in the vid and post that the minVap was the first vape he ever bought. What reference would he have to judge it best.

Lostclusters,
Reactions: vape4life

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I know who it was and what was said and its not the only example. I'm not gonna go back and document it all, just trying to help answer your question . . . this is all very subjective but I think avoiding absolutes will help, just my opinion.

t-dub,

Lostclusters

So far nothing has changed my mind from this post. My kid's da buddha is the only other vape I like as much. But he does not run his threw water, though. When my Cloud ships I'll be set.

Lostclusters,

vape4life

Banned for life

You need to excuse those comments, as this guy just made the vid for us here at FC and Youtube, and probably didn't read the rules here. Even though he loves the product, I get the feeling it's more a love of conversion to vaping, and he'd probably love alot of other vapes if he tried them.

I still have mixed feelings on this unit, so have completely curbed my urgency to buy it, when the Solo is just so effective and much more stealthy.

Lostclusters: How are the hits/clouds in comparison to your EQ4 since you retired it? And if you like a DBV just as much, i'm not sure what to make of that when a DBV costs a fraction of the price. If you do a Solo vs MiniVap off you will officially be my new hero :) Glad you love your minivap, I didn't think you had a battery problem by what you stated, but rather a dead battery, no? And with the fantastic return policy, I hope they don't just recycle components, although i'm sure they do, which may or may not be why your first unit didn't work well.

Also, with respect to the blonde ABV, are you using the highest temp to finish off your bowls? Ragin said that he did which may be why his ABV is dark brown, otherwise maybe your unit doesn't get hot enough.

vape4life,
Top Bottom