MiniVAP Vaporizer

Lostclusters

My clouds are bigger than I get with my EQ4, at times much bigger. I used the EQ4 not modified in any way. No elbow pack. I used it with the fan and whip together. I tried using the EQ4 with just the whip but I did not like it as much as with the fan (shotgun).

The da buddha seems to extract very well and create large clouds. More so than even my SSV and EQ4. The SSV I have is the spherical ground glass model and I think the screen must be further from the heater on that model. To vape with it I have to have the heater turned all the way up and the vapor is harsh. Sometime my herb is sucked in to the heater and is burn further fowling the taste. I was thinking of changing my SSV to the standard glass but that never happened. But back to your question the buddha is not portable. I was looking for a replacement to my solo. I did not like the small size of the bowl on the solo nor did I like the restrictive draw on the solo. And if not handled properly the glass straw will fall off.

I will eventually do a video maybe later this week. I am also thinking about asking JRR if he wants to vape off my miniVap against his DaVinci, but I do not know if I can do without it that long.

I am not sure if I had a problem with the battery. All I know is it shut off and would not turn back on until I put it on the charger. It may not have been fully charge. I charged it Friday night into Saturday morning. So far, so good. I got five sessions on it so far. The solo will most likely beat the miniVap here but we will see. How much battery time does one really need?

I do not turn the unit up to squeeze out the bowls and still do not. There is really no need. This thing gets an amazing amount of mileage from a single bowl. I really do not think I ever completely finished one. I use it on the green setting and my unit must run cooler because I get blond ABV which is unusual for 410F. My unit gets hot enough for me.

Lostclusters,

vape4life

Banned for life
Thanks Lost, i'm quite surprised that the Clouds are bigger than the EQ! Sounds to me like your battery was dead, I bet they didn't ship it fully charged.

vape4life,

tepictoton

nice to see some user info appearing now.

Lostclusters, might it be possible for you to run the temp up higher to see if the ABV gets darker?

Actually, when I come to think of it...When working solely with convection maybe the ABV simply does not get that brown at all? I think I am wondering if the colour of the ABV is suposed to turn dark or not? I mean, is the darkening of the ABV a direct result of vaporizing, or might it be an indication that you are 'pushing the enveloppe'? Maybe I should ask this question in a more general part of the forum, but I am hoping there is some one following this thread that might give an answer to this.

And directly connected to this, if it does not turn darker does that mean the extraction has not been that good?

sorry to go bit off topic, but just came to mind and I want to put the question down so i don't forget it, and it also seems like a good question...

Back on topic:
When I had my brief encounter with the miniVAP I also noticed that I could get more puffs from a single bowl then with my solo(I had the chance to try both solo and miniVAP at the same time), I would even say twice as much tasty hits as the solo...When opening the miniVAP after a good 10min I also noticed the ABV not being dark at all. It was more like beige/yellow...

tepictoton,
Reactions: vape4life

vape4life

Banned for life
There is a discussion in the Cloud thread about the ABV. And Ragins Minivap produces dark brown ABV so I'm hoping that Lost tries the max temp setting to see.

Is the bowl herb chamber the same size as the Solo's?

vape4life,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
IMO and IME, in a convection vaporizer such is the miniVAP, the ABV can be light brown and thoroughly extracted.

I have tried revaping the Buddhas ABV in my gn0me, when it was light brown and i got one last hit and the ABV was now dark brown. The same seems to be true with the cloud, where you can get massive hits and keep the colour on the bright side. :)

My only doubt is, can the oils and water be spent and still leave chemical compounds unbroken in the ABV, thus leaving no visual cue but still able to extract further? I am not talking about the compounds at 230C, which is where combustion starts. And i am talking about revaping from the point of no vapor/yellow ABV to the point of vapor/dark ABV.
My take is, when the vapour is gone and the ABV is light brown and no matter how much you rise the temp, the vapour still doesn't exist, then you are done. It doesn't matter if it isnt dark.

The more puffs you get from the miniVAP could be similar to the bigger clouds in the Cloud, maintaining the same ABV colour?

I believe the herb chamber is a bit bigger than the solo, at least looking from the video..

vorrange,
Reactions: vape4life

vape4life

Banned for life
I agree with Vorrange. I have noticed with my new Solo M1D, that the ABV is the same - not getting roasted dark brown, EVEN if I crank the temp up to 7. The only way is by letting it sit, so i'm thinking it's conduction that causes the browning in which the next step is combustion.

Hoping the dark brown ABV days are behind me, if near full extraction can occur with yellow/light ABV.

I left authorizedvaporizerdistributors a voice mail since no one was answering, and also just shot them an email.

Pretty stoked about all the discussion about this vape when this thread was dormant for so long. Would be nice if Jorge came on here, or a rep from AVD's in Cali.

vape4life,

tepictoton

I would say the bowl size was about the same, solo is pobably a tiny bit smaller. It seems bigger then it is because of the outer ring of the bowl(in the miniVAP).

thanks for the answers to the ABV questions, I will put this question up in a more general part of the forum as well to see if we can 'the experts' to give their opinion and maybe agree or disagree...:p

tepictoton,

Lostclusters

Lostclusters, might it be possible for you to run the temp up higher to see if the ABV gets darker?

I have run it on red already and the taste is less than desirable. I'll see if I can brown some.

Actually, when I come to think of it...When working solely with convection maybe the ABV simply does not get that brown at all? I think I am wondering if the colour of the ABV is suposed to turn dark or not? I mean, is the darkening of the ABV a direct result of vaporizing, or might it be an indication that you are 'pushing the enveloppe'? Maybe I should ask this question in a more general part of the forum, but I am hoping there is some one following this thread that might give an answer to this.

My kids da buddha vapes light at the 1-2 o'clock position. And we get some serious clouds off that thing.

When I had my brief encounter with the miniVAP I also noticed that I could get more puffs from a single bowl then with my solo(I had the chance to try both solo and miniVAP at the same time), I would even say twice as much tasty hits as the solo...When opening the miniVAP after a good 10min I also noticed the ABV not being dark at all. It was more like beige/yellow...

At LEAST twice as much if not more

Bowl Size: I originally thought that the miniVap bowl was about an eighth of an inch bigger than the solo. I broke out a solo and checked them side by side. They are very close. But the miniVap's bowl is slightly bigger, not nearly an eighth but much less than that.

Lostclusters,

vape4life

Banned for life
No return call or email from AVD, which kinda surprises me. Guess they aren't keen on sales.

vape4life,

Lostclusters

I have their cell numbers I'll find out what is up tomorrow. I would pm you the number, but they are funny that way. PM me with what you want.

Lostclusters,

Lostclusters

What setting on the solo m105 will get it to 410F. Got keep things fair. I got to tell you though, I get about 2x's the air flow through the mini.

Lostclusters,

vape4life

Banned for life
Thanks Lost, it's cool i'm in no hurry as i'm still sizing this thing up and still have some mixed feelings. The M105 runs cooler than all the other solos, i'd ramp it up to 5 or 6 for your comparisons. 7 is "supposed" to be 210C, but so other all the other versions and as mentioned m105 runs slightly cooler. The airflow is one of the main things I find enticing about the MV. Twice as much airflow, twice as many clouds, oh my!

I noticed you retired your VripTech heat wand? Dare to compare? lol

AVD called me back this afternoon and are looking into a FC discount. They will not honour "wholesale" pricing, but will give a "limited time" discount to FC members. The 60 day money back guarentee stands at 100% money back, but is for a limited time and will eventually have a 10% restocking fee. Depending on the discount i'm buying this as there is nothing to lose except shipping both ways. Again, kudos to AVD for being the only ones in the industry to offer this (AFAIK)! That's confidence in the product! Plus the 3 year warranty....kicks ass. Other vape manufacturers could learn from this.

vape4life,

Lostclusters

Bologna sausage! Riche told me that all FC members interested in purchasing would get the same deal as I got. That being $560 for the battery version WITH the 60 day money back guarantee. I would not allow them to sell it for more than that. Because once you get it you will not want to give it back.

PM me your name and I will call.

There is a discussion in the Cloud thread about the ABV. And Ragins Minivap produces dark brown ABV so I'm hoping that Lost tries the max temp setting to see.

One full range of brown. Pieces are from light brown (flower pieces) to to a darker brown (leafy pieces). Even under the microscope it looks different than I am use to. The most uniformly vaped ABV I'd ever seen. Usually there is some part of some of the trichs still unvaped and sort of opaque. Out of the miniVap on red, light to dark brown even the trichs.

@V4L - If you get one and you are intending to run it through same glass, you will longer hose. The hose that comes with it is the same hose for the MFLB. And I find it handy to keep on hand the hose that comes with the SSV/da buddha. The two fit together well when trying to MacGyver glass connection.

vape4life

Banned for life
The ABV sounds perfect Lost, and like my Solo, I wouldn't use it through glass. I find the vapour very smooth and cool, so the minivap should be even better. The product is new to AVD and they were not certain on a few things, but I think on my advice they dropped the full package will all accessories to $800, from $900 because it was actually cheaper to buy all the components/accessories separate. Now the pricing (retail anyway) make more sense.

just sent you a PM as I have information that I don't care to post in public.

vape4life,

Lostclusters

Sorry for the lack of response but I have had my hands pretty full lately. This miniVap just knocks me on my butt every time I use it. V4L will probably beat me in putting up a vid.

Put older flowers through the mini tonight and they did not vape very well. They do say THC degrades over time.

Lostclusters,

Lostclusters

I got about twelve ten minutes sessions on my battery and it seems to take longer to stop the green light from flashing.

Lostclusters,

nickb

SSV w/ Standard HC, LSV HC, thermovape all,
IDK mang, I watched their video & did not see any cloud when the guy exhaled, I would expect to see a huge vape cloud for the price of this thing, a

nickb,

vape4life

Banned for life
^^^^^ I'm still waiting on this myself, need to see an actual proper video with no distractions lol

I did see him exhale vapour, but definitely not huge clouds. He told me (on the phone) that the first couple of pulls with thin/non-existent, and then the vapour starts coming, like a true convection vaporizer.

vape4life,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I find that is the case with most vapes, even my solo. The first pull or two is a primer as you evaporate the water and clorophyl out of the bud before we get to the THC.

CentiZen,

vape4life

Banned for life
Agreed, although I find it's really not that bad with the solo, depends on preheat I guess.

Confirmed warranty is 2 years, not 3, and money back guarentee is 10 days, now i'm scratching my head.

vape4life,

Lostclusters

Where did you get that info? I confirmed with Riche, when I made my purchase, that there is a three year warrantee that included that battery with sixty day 100% money back guarant.

Lostclusters,
Top Bottom