• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

MiniVAP Vaporizer

dopefiend

I tested the MiniVap at the UK Hemp Expo back in 2009 and it was a great vape. But it didn't seem to do anything that hasn't been achieved by the Arizer Solo at a far reduced price.

dopefiend,

vape4life

Banned for life
Hey Dope, do you have any plans to review this badboy in the future? From my understanding (and how could it NOT??) it has a better airflow than the Solo lol Additionally, i'm confident that the materials are much better. Not to mention (although yet to be seen with the minivap) is the longevity issue...should have my Solo back from warranty today.

vape4life,

tepictoton

Same questions here :-) I actually mailed Jorge and asked him to get into contact with you, and by you I mean Dopefiend, to see if you would be up for a full-on review of this vaporizer.

I do know from my short experience with the minivap that it does have a much better airflow, and the AVB came out more evenly brown then it does in my solo.

Again, not dissing the solo here, I really love my little machine, but there is always room for improvement. And the first thing that I would like to see changed about the solo then would be the airflow.

I don't know about materials used. I guess the solo is as safe as it gets(meaning glass airpath), but maybe our understanding and knowledge of other compounds, like for instance kevlar, is not really up to date and might be as good as glass...

I have been wondering if there is a possibility to film the vaporizers with a termal camera to maybe be able to see wat the temperature does troughout the machine. I have always wondered what vaporizer is better at maintaining the correct temperature and this might give us a good view on that(might also be handy to see what happens to it when you hook it up to a waterpipe to get the right mount of cooling).

tepictoton,

vape4life

Banned for life
Dude, the Solo does not have a glass airpath just because the stem is glass. The airpath goes through the unit and electronics and I can attest to "tasting" them...tasted like solder when it was newer. I'm selling my Solo and hoping to replace it with the minivap. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for, and after my recent arizer warranty experience, i'm planning on paying more.

Lostclusters

There has not been much activity here recently so I thought I would post a little something. I hope to buy a unit soon and review it here, in detail, for you folks. I have been looking for a good portable vap for a while now. I have tried a MFLB, ioLite, and a Solo. None of these performed really well. I have high expectations for the MiniVap. I hope it pans out. Stay tuned.

Lostclusters,
Reactions: Jimjim

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I look forward to your review, Lostclusters! I'm in So Cal as well so if you need any help with your analysis....... I'm just sayin'....

:peace:

Stu,

dopefiend

Vape4life & tepictocon: I sort of did a very brief review of the miniVap on this episode: http://dopecast.libsyn.com/webpage/dopecast200_live_from_the_uk_hemp_expo

Although it wasn't exactly in-depth as I could only test it out at the expo. I did contact the manufacturers several times afterwards to ask if I could do a more in-depth review, but they never responded. And to be honest, the price is just ridiculous, and it put me off pursuing it any further. I've had to listen to people moaning for years about how overpriced the Volcano is, and this is even more expensive, so I just assumed that nobody but the very richest of vaporists would be interested in the miniVap. Especially at a time when vaporizers are becoming more and more affordable.

max

Out to lunch
dopefiend said:
And to be honest, the price is just ridiculous, and it put me off pursuing it any further. I've had to listen to people moaning for years about how overpriced the Volcano is, and this is even more expensive, so I just assumed that nobody but the very richest of vaporists would be interested in the miniVap. Especially at a time when vaporizers are becoming more and more affordable.
Amen. IMO trying to justify this kind of pricing gives credence to the idea that this is somehow the safest vape, and worth the money, due to its 'medical grade' parts. If a super clean vapor path is the primary goal, you can get it with a Cloud for almost half the price, or for about 15% of the price, with a Vapolution.

If rich people want to buy the minivap, fine. But IMO the average working stiff doesn't need to be led to think he/she needs to pinch pennies and have a yard sale in order to buy this 'safe portable', when there are good alternatives. There's already a ton of 'surface scratchers' (as far as reseaching vapes), laying out the big bucks on the Volcano as the only 'quality vape' available.

tepictoton

Yup, I think we have established several times now that it is priced 'too expansive';)

Still does not take away that a decent review is more then welcome...

Again, it is too expansive for me too, but that does not keep me from wanting to find out more about it.

just my :2c:

tepictoton,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I'd also be interested in seeing a review, but I have to take complete disagreement to this statement

Dude, the Solo does not have a glass airpath just because the stem is glass. The airpath goes through the unit and electronics and I can attest to "tasting" them...tasted like solder when it was newer. I'm selling my Solo and hoping to replace it with the minivap. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for, and after my recent arizer warranty experience, i'm planning on paying more.

While the air does go through the unit, there is no lead solder or caustic materials present in the circuit board. I've removed it and examined it, even reversed engineered to a point and I was very impressed by the level of safety arizer was using with their printed circuit boards, they use conductive silicone instead of solder for the large connections, and I was surprised to find they used tungsten solder, which I realized when my soldering iron couldn't get hot enough to melt the sauter ball away so I could interface the chip. I taste nothing but the herbs I put in my unit...

- My apologies, taken to where it should be

mod note-
  • No selling or soliciting items on the forum. The only exception is the Classifieds section.

CentiZen,
Reactions: vape4life

Lostclusters

I pulled the trigger today and should have the unit in a couple days. I would like to post the deal I got but that might look like soliciting. The deal I got is available to everyone here, if so desired, no time limit. There was a word used to describe the price, wholesale. PM me if you want more details.

Lostclusters,

Lostclusters

My miniVap was suppose to be here now, but because of a glitch in the shipping process (50% my fault) I may not get it until Monday. There is a slight chance I may get it tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Lostclusters,

tepictoton

cool, so soon we wil have some more info from a forum member. Have fun and don't forget to educate us on this one ;)

tepictoton,

Lostclusters

Just a small update:

The unit I have received seems to be defective. The heat indicator light does not stop blinking after the unit has been on for a few minutes. And I get no visible vapor upon exhale even at the highest setting. The unit gets warm to the touch and does seem to vap at low temperature. The taste is the best I have ever had. No part of the unit had any smell to it whatsoever. Hoses, main unit, nothing. Even when heated.

Hopefully I can get a unit that works a bit better. We will see what the distributor will say. I have sent an email requesting another heater unit.

Lostclusters,

Lostclusters

Even though my unit is not functioning as it should, I have still learned a few things. For one, the air path is completely contained and separated from the internal components. The only restriction when inhaling is the straw itself. It is about a quarter inch (sorry metric folks), maybe a bit bigger, internal diameter. Sealing the lid onto the unit does not produce more drag. On occasion it would function and I could vap at the various heat settings. When it worked, it seem to work very well. It beats the Solo in the lack of restriction in the pull or drag. I would say my clouds were bigger with the mini, when it worked. It is a bit taller than a Solo though. Almost twice as tall.

Waiting on a reply from the vendor on a replacement heater.

Lostclusters,

tepictoton

Good thing it uses such high grade materials ;)
Wauw, you really added something to this discussion, as you have been all along on this thread...

lostclusters thx for the information. You mention the exact same things as I noticed when testing it shortly...completely sealed of airpath, no drag and no taste...

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
You don't think that it's noteworthy that they first unit anyone has gotten to try on here isn't working? Because I think a lot of others would. What are you adding to forum with every post when you are so quick to dismiss another? It's a forum, people talk, stop taking everything said about this vape as a personal attack on yourself. High grade components don't do a thing if they aren't assembled together properly, and if the quality control isn't stopping bad units from leaving the factory it really doesn't give me a good feeling, this is a problem.

At this point it seems like you are only here to keep discussion about this vape undying positive for marketing/personal purposes, which is not the reason this forum exists.

CentiZen,

tepictoton

You don't think that it's noteworthy that they first unit anyone has gotten to try on here isn't working? Because I think a lot of others would. What are you adding to forum with every post when you are so quick to dismiss another? It's a forum, people talk, stop taking everything said about this vape as a personal attack on yourself. High grade components don't do a thing if they aren't assembled together properly, and if the quality control isn't stopping bad units from leaving the factory it really doesn't give me a good feeling, this is a problem.

At this point it seems like you are only here to keep discussion about this vape undying positive for marketing/personal purposes, which is not the reason this forum exists.

could you please stop thinking for me and putting words in my mouth.

I have not dismissed the fact that Lostclusters unit was broken.

And how did you conclude that I was taking this personal? Life is a joke, and I sure ain't going to take anything on a forum personally.

And finally, if you keep on accusing me of having some personal interest with this, then it is about time you brought up some evidence to make this accusation hard. Otherwise I would ask you to please stop accusing me.

max

Out to lunch
Good thing it uses such high grade materials ;)
I'm not a fan, but using the best possible materials doesn't ensure delivery of a working unit. You can QC it multiple times and something can still go wrong after it's all packed up/shipped and before first use by the customer. Even the best products can end up DOA.

tepictoton said:
Wauw, you really added something to this discussion, as you have been all along on this thread...
He has a total of 3 posts in the thread, and is so far not violating the rule on attacking a vape maker. I suggest you stick to the topic instead of trying to turn it into an 'all pro' thread. You have to expect comments on the first unit seen here being defective, as expensive as it is.

max,
Reactions: zmurder

Lostclusters

I called the vendor today and they want to verify the trouble. So I ups'd the heater to them. Check back in about a week, I might have a good one by then.

Lostclusters,

Lostclusters

I have a new heater being shipped on Monday. I thought I would freshen the thread and make a post. I have had a very interesting warranty experience and I thought I would share part of it. It is not an everyday occurrence that the CEO of a company wants to talk to me about my difficulty with the unit. There is a lot I learned about these guys. It was a surprise to learn they were the original supplier of the Volcano vap. And they are just getting started with the miniVap. The miniVap is suppose to be involved in studies abroad. I asked for more info on that and have not received anything tangible so far and have been directed to another party for more info. You should start seeing more about this vap soon in other places.

I am hoping my replacement will be functional. I like what I have seen so far. That being an isolated air path, marketed as a medical device - will not off gas anything harmful or smell, no sound when in use or charging, 3 year warranty and battery life, has a ten minute cycle then it goes into standby, standby can be interrupted by pushing a button and the cycles starts over, it is a complete kit with travel bag, a cigarette lighter adapter is available.

I am looking for a companion for my upcoming Cloud. Something I can take with me when I travel. I may have found it.

Top Bottom