• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

MiniVAP Vaporizer

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Alot of times the cost isn't just reflective of the actual materials used or production, but rather the time and R&D that goes into it.

Exactly, this is precisely what i meant above when i said sometimes, we judge the products too quickly as i did not remember to account for R&D.

vorrange,
Reactions: vape4life

Jimjim

If he looked to have it produced in eastern europe the unit would be cheaper and not have any of his design comprimised (materials etc). I am glad though he has it produced in Spain and not in China and that goes the same for the VXC been produced in the US. Maybe he feels obliged to have it produced in Spain to due to their own economic situation but I shouldn't be talking politics/economics on here

Jimjim,

max

Out to lunch
Do you need money to burn Max? Most people have a home unit and a portable. The minivap is dual purpose and yes its cost $750 but if you purchased a cloud and say a wispr, you would nearly paying the same anyway.

Jorge is a one man band and he wants this unit to be aimed at the medical market hence why its so expensive because of all the medical grade materials used.

Like with a lot of products, the original RRP is always on the high side and they generally do come down in price
What I don't need, and will never buy, is a vape this expensive. It's as simple as that. Being able to buy several (or even more) vapes for the same price is much more attractive to me.

vape4life said:
Apparently Max doesnt either. It's all about the benjamins.
Is my point of view bugging you? Sounds like it. :lol:

I think vape4life is talking about dollars. I don't know which dollar bill has Benjamin Franklin though.
It's the $100 bill, and he's right. With me, when then price gets this high, the vape is of no interest to me. There IS a law of diminishing returns, and I always like to acknowledge it.

max,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Too many references to dead presidents and dollar bills in the movies and tv series nowadays. :D

I tend to agree with Max, you have to draw the line somewhere. In the beggining i thought 100$ for a vaporizer was too much, as i learned more about it, i realized it wasn't.
But more than 500$ i have a lot of trouble rationalizing, especially given the alternatives.

Just to give you an example, my gn0me costed shy of 30$ and when i hook it up to a bong it will be better than 90% of the vapes out there in the taste department, which is the variable i value the most. If i am at home, i would easily not need another vape and be completely satisfied.

How can i, not being rich, consider a miniVAP instead? Looking at the gn0me.. Best materials, check; easy cleaning, check; safe for air travel, check; wide temperature range, check; portability, check; better flavour, check. It is breakable and it gets hot so you need to be aware of that, but the end result is the same if not better in the gn0me at 30$. For that price, it has to be like the James Bond vape, top notch in all areas. The cloud is top notch in almost every area except stealth and the moist vapour is a plus for medicinal users.

Because, lets face it, the miniVAP is like an improved Solo although it does not have the glass stems which is good and the materials are better which is also good, but you cannot use it outside and you cannot hide it as well.

Jimjim

You can use it outside but it certainly isn't discreet haha unless you dressed it up to look like a microphone!? I'll just stick a black foam ball on the top of mine with the mouthpiece just poking out :rofl:

But you and Max are both right, it is expensive but is dual purpose even though it isn't the most portable and certainly isn't stealthy!

Jimjim,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I don't think it's such an expensive vape for someone that is prepared to spend $500, or even $5000, on a glass bong. But that someone is not me.

WatTyler,

Jimjim

I've got my finger on the trigger, not sure whether to pull it yet or not. I know for a fact, I'll get one of these and I'll get a VXC email a couple of days later knowing my luck

Jimjim,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
This is for all the SWIMs out there, hehhehe. :)

Jimjim, if you are waiting on that email, then i would wait a little longer.

vorrange,

Jimjim

I only pre-ordered in 2011 as I found out that my original pre-order back in 2010 didn't go through. My fault at the time for not checking my email for confirmation from VXC. I don't think I will get a email for a couple of months yet but knowing my luck.....

Jimjim,

vape4life

Banned for life
What I don't need, and will never buy, is a vape this expensive. It's as simple as that. Being able to buy several (or even more) vapes for the same price is much more attractive to me.

Is my point of view bugging you? Sounds like it. :lol:

lol apparently. What about a $750 volcano? Does that fall under the same category for you?

vape4life,

vape4life

Banned for life
Slide4less Inc. Discontinues Portable Vaporizers in Favor of New miniVAP

Slide4less Inc. recently announced that it will discontinue selling vaporizers that do not meet new high standards. Most people buy vaporizers as a part of a healthier lifestyle, and would pay more for the very best vaporizers because they deliver a purer experience. Now Slide4less Inc. has decided to focus on only high-grade vaporizers instead of featuring the lower-end products. Many of these lower-end products offer great value, but the market for higher-end products is more appropriate for the aromatherapy focus of the company.

Oakland, California (PRWEB) April 05, 2012
With the recent influx of vaporizers, more testing has been done than ever before and what Slide4less Inc. has found is that there are differences between vaporizers even though they all deliver a lot better purity than by incensing or smoking. Vaporizers that meet that high bar are expensive because they are engineered in detail, tested, and developed from the ground up. The trade-off for the high price is a unit that delivers better vaporization and better purity. It's worth it even for occasional users or non-medical users that really want the highest-grade therapeutic vaporizer on the market.
“Many vaporizers don't do a precise job of vaporization,” said Darren Romar, Vice President of Slide4less Inc. “In many markets there is not such a premium on a vaporizer that delivers the very best purity and vaporization. But if you want the very best, there are only a few that are patented and laboratory tested. Many customers are not so demanding, but It depends on the market, and vaporizers are now used in a lot of different markets. However, some customers buy a vaporizer precisely because they really want the unit that delivers the best purity and will offer true vaporization. Slide4less Inc. sells more high-grade vaporizers than anybody, and high-grade vaporizers represent a large part of the market.”
Romar continued, “Currently we can only find only one portable on the market that meet these very high standards, and that's the miniVAP from Hermes Medical. A lot of popular vaporizers burn the material slightly or they may not use materials that are totally free from off-gassing, even though it may not be much, the point of using a vaporizer is for complete purity. Few vaporizers use medical grade materials, are patented, and are laboratory tested, and the miniVAP is one of those vaporizers.”
Of all portable vaporizers on the market, the miniVAP is the most advanced and therefore the one that delivers true purity and vaporization. The laboratory testing proves it. The Storz and Bickel products have rigorous time tested designs, whereas the miniVAP is state of the art and over-engineered. These vaporizers deliver in terms of being devices that meet the standards required to provide the purest vaporization on the market.
Most people know about the Volcano, but Slide4less Inc. is offering single introductory demo units of the new miniVAP at the lowest current wholesale rates. Slide4less Inc. makes it easy for potential buyers to give the miniVAP a try. This is the vaporizer they use themselves because it delivers the best purity and true vaporization, and the testing proves it. Call Slide4less Inc. at 1-800-659-8731 for more information or to purchase, or visit their web stores, http/www.authorizedvaporizerdealer.com and http/www.vaporizeit.com.

^^^^^^^^^^ this one is on eBay, I looked at the feedback and there were a few positives for the miniVap, so I think that's maybe a 1/2 dozen people happy so far lol

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
All I see and have seen so far is a load of marketing mumbo jumbo like with the mi- and vivape. Where are those test results, who is Slide4less Inc? All I've found so far is Slide4less Inc. in Oakland CA is a private company categorized under nonclassified establishments, what does this mean?

I hope you get yourself one of these V4L, this thing is becoming way to mythical.

OhTheAgony,

vape4life

Banned for life
Ya, I know OTA, I wanna list a list of materials at least, and I woudn't even dare pull the trigger if it wasn't for the 60 day peace of mind. I'm still waiting to hear back from Jorge (don't know if that's George or Whore-hay)? lol!!

vape4life,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Yeah, the 60days free-try-out option is a nice thing to play with. Are you sure there's no fine print though?

I think that would be George in English, although I always thought of it as strange to translate someones name. Over here that would be 'Sjors', lol.

OhTheAgony,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
It is more like Whor-Rre, with the Rrr like in german or dutch and the whor read like "whore". Hope that makes sense.

And i am hoping you pull the trigger vape4life, with the 60 day money back you can't go wrong. :D

vorrange,

vape4life

Banned for life
I'll be clarifying any fine print with Jorge...still waiting and want to establish a bit of discussion and rapport with him. Other than that, and what's hear, and feeback from ebay lol i'm not sure I can even do anymore research on it.

I did see the youtube vids, apparently in the first generation it had a digital lcd temp display? Now it's based on for different coloured led's?

Pretty stoked for it, probably more than the Cloud now. Also have the MIvap in the back of my mind for down the road. I love vaporizer technology! But i'm VERY much for the healthiest materials, etc. that's the MOST important thing to me, which is why I didn't get along much with the Solo when it first came out. AT LEAST we won't be early adopters for the minivap since it's been out for years and i'm guessing completely perfected.

Isn't just THAT worth a little more coin???

vape4life,

Lostclusters

I was watching this video and I came away with the idea that there are two independent heaters in this vap. One to heat the bowl/holding area, and one to heat the air that flows through the bowl/holding area.

Could this be true?

Lostclusters,
Top Bottom