buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
max said:
I use it by turning it on when I need it and shut it off when I am not using it. Is there anyone else out there using the II like this?
I found some high quality butane (Vector) at a great price (cigarextras.com), but buying it down the street at your local store is expensive. The only time I've left mine on after using it is when I think it's low on fuel and want it completely empty before refilling. I guess I'm a little paranoid about possibly getting some air in there and not being able to get a full refill.
I know what you mean Max. I have pretty much gotten the butane down packed. I also buy Vector from there as well. Great price and great butane. I usually let it run out and take my stir tool, clean of course, and press the fill valve down to let out any extra air. There is always air in there when I am at the end of the tank.

buddhaholic420,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
marcuss said:
wow wow!
u see?.....the Iinhale club is full of V.I.V.(Very important Vaporist)!!!

Tradhead...what happened to you with the clear plastic melted could be for you let the vape cool down in its black case? i tell you that once i put the I-i directly in the black case, for a stealth emergency,before it was totally shut off and after that i saw that clear plastic a little bended...not really melted!
That was my fault so i don't complain for that....maybe u got a different issue?

Ciaran what about those Crumiri cookies?? :cool:

emperors Iinhale new SSHaze....:ko:
pretty fun marcus cause each time I pre-heat it (in the bus) I let it heat up in the black travel pocket (during 2-3-4-5 minuts sometime), and also I throw it in each time directly after setting it on off positon without any probleme of melting plastic ! this vap KICK ASS :D

btw I never zip up the black pocket ...of course if you zip it it may damage or choke the unit

Clear_Dome,

tradhead

buddhaholic420 said:
tradhead said:
that sounds like the same thing alright, but no I normally left the Ii on the table, it would be going for hours on end. not in its case.. Its pretty insignificant alright, just a point... glad Im not the only one it happened to, even if it was caused by different thing... ...
normal operating conditions are...?
abnormal operating conditions are?
Ahhh so Tradhead. You would leave it on at all times? Did you shut if off to fill and wait a couple of minutes before turning it on? I am wondering if using it like that has issues down the road. I use it by turning it on when I need it and shut it off when I am not using it. Is there anyone else out there using the II like this?
yep, you have to leave it after refill. .. yes I found that it attains and keeps a better temp left on for the 2 hours... less fucking about, its hot. there i nothing to say this is abnormal operation.. surely anyone who uses it seriously over the course of a few hours runs it like this? pick it up...load. toke... simple but CD the instructions clearly state NOT to do what you do. you have IMO voided any warranty you had... hope it dont break.:brow:

tradhead,

Frickr

wouldnt leaving it on for long periods of time start showing signs of heatsoak? honestly there is only so many places for the heat to go, its main focus is to have the heat transfered into air to heat your smoking mix. if you take away the air moving, i can see how the heat could be transfered into other areas of the vape.

i dont know anyone that can smoke bowls constantly for 2 hours. after a few mins most people become overwhemled as it is. so why not shut the vape down? when your smoking a bowl do you leave the lighter on when your not taking a hit?

so wouldnt that be abnormal to just leave the unit on all day long when it wasnt designed for that?

Frickr,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
dont worry for me trahead , I dont care if my I-I broke as I got it for free :lmao: .....btw I never zip up the poket so I dont understand how it can damage the unit ,it is not worst than in my hand or in my coth

Clear_Dome,

tradhead

Frickr said:
wouldnt leaving it on for long periods of time start showing signs of heatsoak? honestly there is only so many places for the heat to go, its main focus is to have the heat transfered into air to heat your smoking mix. if you take away the air moving, i can see how the heat could be transfered into other areas of the vape.

i dont know anyone that can smoke bowls constantly for 2 hours. after a few mins most people become overwhemled as it is. so why not shut the vape down? when your smoking a bowl do you leave the lighter on when your not taking a hit?

so wouldnt that be abnormal to just leave the unit on all day long when it wasnt designed for that?
Where on earth does it say its not designed for that!?! rhetorical question :) it doesnt... 2 hours?

dude, you cant judge another by your standards, its both immoral and inaccurate IMO

tradhead,

tradhead

Clear_Dome said:
dont worry for me trahead , I dont care if my I-I broke as I got it for free :lmao: .....btw I never zip up the poket so I dont understand how it can damage the unit ,it is not worst than in my hand or in my coth
thats ok cler-dom ;) If you dont zip it up, you are again,IMO not following the guidelines, how dusty is your pocket? There is no barrier between that dusty pocket and the internal workings apart from the case, once again you could have voided your warranty, any little bit of dust gets in those workings... RIP II

tradhead,

Frickr

i wasnt meaning to step on toes with that post so sorry if i offended. im just saying on average most people become overwhelmed at a certain point, so there would be no need to keep the unit on. if i had access to it im sure i would consume alot more then what i do now.

but my main point in my last post was that with this being left on with little to no air moving through the unit, is there a problem of heatsoak?

this is theory so bare with me, if the heat soaks through the unit to the point of warming the butane, that would cause more pressure to build up. (im sure its factored in to the design) but could the pressure gain cause any adverse effects as far as overheating the unit? im sure the themostat would solve this problem, but theres that what-if in the back of my mind you know?

Frickr,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
tradhead said:
Clear_Dome said:
thats ok cler-dom ;) If you dont zip it up, you are again,IMO not following the guidelines, how dusty is your pocket? There is no barrier between that dusty pocket and the internal workings apart from the case, once again you could have voided your warranty, any little bit of dust gets in those workings... RIP II
dont told me what I can do and what I cant son , as far as i know you dont work for I-I btw I got it to test it and I will test it till the limit so I dont care if it broke ! Also stop to speculate with your useless post , each post you write make you dig your own grave . my pocket are immaculate , I pass sweeper in it each day ;)

Clear_Dome,

tradhead

Frickr said:
i wasnt meaning to step on toes with that post so sorry if i offended. im just saying on average most people become overwhelmed at a certain point, so there would be no need to keep the unit on. if i had access to it im sure i would consume alot more then what i do now.

but my main point in my last post was that with this being left on with little to no air moving through the unit, is there a problem of heatsoak?

this is theory so bare with me, if the heat soaks through the unit to the point of warming the butane, that would cause more pressure to build up. (im sure its factored in to the design) but could the pressure gain cause any adverse effects as far as overheating the unit? im sure the themostat would solve this problem, but theres that what-if in the back of my mind you know?
No no no, not at all frickr! I can assure you that Im not going to take offence from some harmless comment, sticks and stones and all that! :)

Your point could be very relevant, perhaps an explanation as to why my II died? but there is nothing to warn against operating the device in this manner! I think you have been exceedingly helpful and patient I am still curious as to the reason the II died on me , and i would guess so are others..

I think my II did overheat, that would explain the twisted plastic plate and the discolouration, but why, I dont know. Cheers

ps fuck you clear dome you hypocritical bully you try to tell me what I can and cannot do, while telling me not to do exactly what you are doing.

tradhead,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
I just wanted to say that I appreciate the people from II showing up again on FC and have concerns that (without respectful discourse) the II representative (and many others) may not wish to toke part.

Trad, I wish I could support you but I cant (many of your comments seem, in my humble opinion, to be rash, harsh, and disrespectful--3 norms that I hope do not ever toke precedence here at FC).

You made ample efforts to be respectful when previously with me in the chat-room (and I do not want to disregard how appreciative I was for those efforts on your behalf), but I am having a great deal of trouble supporting your posts (posting style?).

To those who do not appreciate disrespect, we lead best by example (IMO).

Again, thanks to the representative from O&B (the makers of the first vaporizer that uses a catalytic converter, the I-Inhale). Hope to hear back from you soon.

Toke care! :cool:

Progress,

Frickr

well im thinking about picking one of these up for vaping on the go. and these are the questions i have in my mind.

just because the area the air passes through is made out of safe material doesnt mean there isnt a fume leaking in from a part outside the airway. i wish i had access to one to just look at closely, so much detail gets left out from online pictures no matter how good of quailty of the shot is. im not saying this is the case, but it is a doubt on my mind of this happening and i want to just reassure that thought before i purchas one.

i had some doubts when i first looked at the pd, now im awaiting its arrivel its just who i am, i have to examin every aspect of it before i purchas, most things i do subconsiously, but other more important ones usually come to the surface.

sorry for the rant i just vaped a nice bowl.

Frickr,

marcuss

above the clouds
tradhead seems that u need an electric vape......to me is simply crazy to let the I-i on for more than 30 min.....it take 1 min to be ready so i don't see the need to use it in your ways....anyway is up to you!
Enjoy the mobile vapor but if u stay at home look forward something different!

marcuss,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
I agree with Marcuss. Yeah I understand what you mean tradhead about there not being any kind of documentation saying how to use it, but I think if you add how you use your II in your little survey @ http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=608 most would say they turn it on when they use it and turn it back off when they are not. Leaving it on just sitting on the table for hours on end sounds a little wacky if you ask me. I am wondering if II tested them like this just laying on their side. Could be an issue that they have never realized since they might have thought no one in their right mind would use it this way since it's a portable vape. :2c:

buddhaholic420,

tradhead

:) Im in my left mind :-) seriously though, thats what they say, that it can operate nonstop for 2 hours 45 min.... there really needs to be some documentation telling us if there are things to avoid.. like that for example... without that then there is absolutely no reason why I should not have done so right?

They can hardly expect me to have 2 can they?! no. its sold as a rugged heavy duty vape... so thats what I expect right? otherwise its simply false and misleading advertisement.

tradhead,

tradhead

marcuss said:
tradhead seems that u need an electric vape......to me is simply crazy to let the I-i on for more than 30 min.....it take 1 min to be ready so i don't see the need to use it in your ways....anyway is up to you!
Enjoy the mobile vapor but if u stay at home look forward something different!
marcuss, I live off grid. I have solar and windpower that provides 12v. but honestly, in winter, we get a few hours light at night, not more[wind genny needs new bearings so its down] I will quote a poster from another forum here
" we all know the ii takes 5 minutes to give good vape" he sells them..
I disagree actually, the best vape comes from an II that has been on for a while, be that an hour or more.. we used the II for hours on end, it goes round, 1 person 1 bowl. thats what it is for ! using! without prior instructions that the II is not suitable for this, in which case I might well have not bought it, I expect the tool to do the job it is sold for , simple,vapeing... " a rugged heavy duty vape" if thats just bullshit then we need to know right?

tradhead,

tradhead

Nice response. but you decline to answer my question, what are normal operating conditions?

As far as dust entering the converter, if that is the case then that knocks another explanation as to the failure of the unit, off the list. Will dropping the unit void the warranty? Of course you can fail to engage with my quite reasonable questions, and that would not surprise me at all but perhaps others might also be interested in your answers.

<<Also it is impossible for dust to get into the unit and affect the inner workings under normal operating conditions as the I-inhale is sealed in areas where it needs to be and not sealed in others to allow air to mix with the gas and for the exhaust to get out.>>
Sorry but I find that hard to believe. As you know , I have already opened up the faulty unit and there is no seal between the out side world and the converter.

If that is the case then the carrying case is purely cosmetic and inessential right? is it? what function does it have?

tradhead,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
abnormal operating conditions = tradhead...high altitude, near the ocean, solar power

normal operating conditions = everyone else on the planet.

I'll bet 80% of the shit you buy malfunctions before it should just because of who and where you are!

Who's that guy in the return line at Wal-mart with the rechargeable batteries and charger? Oh, it's tradhead. Let's listen in...

'Look Sarah (high school girl working at the counter), I plugged these batteries in to charge them and got high and fell asleep for 12 hours. When I woke up the charger was broken and the batteries melted. I really need to know how many amps this thing takes because I am trying to recharge it off my solar powered house with the broken fucking generator. And don't give me any shit about what the ohms are or I'll get all MMA on your ass and break your fuckin' face!'

stickstones,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Hello I-I !

Thank you, again for your response. The information you provided about the inner-workings of the I-I (and, more importantly, your willingness to discuss safety issues and how they are addressed in the design of the I-I) have brought me closer to my personal point of purchase (as the I-I is impressively portable, yet would not be worth using at the expense of my health--even if the damage were due to user error/ignorance).

I also appreciate your preference not to discuss return rates/rejections/etc. However, I was mainly interested in issues people have had (due to user error or not) to provide a better idea of how to best care for my I-I (once I work through my paranoia :tinfoil: ). Do you have any insight that may help?

Also, I have included a couple of questions you may have missed in the previous post (below in the boxes):
P - What I was asking about particularly is byproducts of the heavy metal catalyst (and what catalyst the I-I uses?), as well as potential byproducts created in sub-optimal conditions such as a lack of enough oxygen/presence of other gasses & contaminants (maybe even suggestions on how to ensure that the air/gas mixture is "correct"). Does the unit contain a 'scrubber' that eventually needs to be replaced, etc.?
P - if one were to grossly overfill a unit (butane running down the sides) what problems (if any) could this pose, and is there anything the owner can do to remedy problems (if any exist)--what would I-I recommend (as I have heard of this type of user error numerous times)?
P - Was there supposed to be an answer#3 or was that just a typo?
Finally, if you were willing to post a copy of the owner's manual with the specific instructions & warranty stipulations, it would be greatly appreciated (and could help reduce the inquiries and skepticism of potential I-I owners).

As stated, the I-I is a very impressive (IME) and intriguing (IMO) device. The greatest obstacles to my personal ownership of one seems to be a lack of familiarity/comfort with how the the unit functions internally and how the users safety is ensured--as well as my personal paranoia :lol: (I also have some concerns about how durable I-I will be in the long run as well, but time will tell that one, right? ;) ).

Thank you again for toking the time to come here and discuss the I-I (I whole-heartedly hope that such efforts benefit yourself and the rest of the people at I-I/O&B, as I imagine they will :cool:)

PS: SS, I was so enlightened by all of the useful I-I info and questions you shared in that last post (JK) :p -- it was sadistically funny though :brow: .

edit: Thank you (to the I-I rep for answering ALL of the--difficult?--questions I posed above). *I submitted a more detailed 'thank you' via e-mail. :tup:

Progress,

tradhead

stickstones said:
abnormal operating conditions = tradhead...high altitude, near the ocean, solar power

normal operating conditions = everyone else on the planet.

I'll bet 80% of the shit you buy malfunctions before it should just because of who and where you are!

Who's that guy in the return line at Wal-mart with the rechargeable batteries and charger? Oh, it's tradhead. Let's listen in...

'Look Sarah (high school girl working at the counter), I plugged these batteries in to charge them and got high and fell asleep for 12 hours. When I woke up the charger was broken and the batteries melted. I really need to know how many amps this thing takes because I am trying to recharge it off my solar powered house with the broken fucking generator. And don't give me any shit about what the ohms are or I'll get all MMA on your ass and break your fuckin' face!'
LOL. :lol: .. 80% .... nope......0.285% :D:brow:

I think my II maybe died as a result of dirty butane.?.. so beware. I think this because when I opened the case up there was discoloration on the brass tip leading from the gas chamber to the converter. the II rep suggested that gas flow could be the issue...
I wiggled it a bit and perhaps that is wht got it working again. It could also perhaps have come from a dirty tip perhaps, from the refill bottle? any way....it died and as the II team would not honor the warranty I stuck it in a cupboard. Perhaps when I go back I will remove the 2 small spring clips that hold the pipe on and attempt to clean it. Befor it died completely i was reluctant to actually disconnect the tube, It kinda worked and I relied on it at the time. But now its completely dead, they voided the warranty, Im fucked If I am giving them more money to fix it as its 3 months old, so I have nothing to lose.
Finally, if you were willing to post a copy of the owner's manual with the specific instructions & warranty stipulations, it would be greatly appreciated (and could help reduce the inquiries and skepticism of potential I-I owners).
there are no warranty stipulations in the instructions. The booklet is lamentably poor. I will scan it in for you all in a day or 2.. I am away at the mo.
ok got the hang of this quoting lark... sorted :)

tradhead,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
tradhead said:
it died and as the II team would not honor the warranty...But now its completely dead, they voided the warranty, Im fucked If I am giving them more money to fix it as its 3 months old, so I have nothing to lose...there are no warranty stipulations in the instructions. The booklet is lamentably poor. I will scan it in for you all in a day or 2
Trad, we get it. You feel fucked and could go on forever talking about the same perceived injustices. At this point, the only reason the II threads are so active here is because you keep whining about it at every chance.

I like it here and am tired of the negativity and drama you keep bringing up about this thing. So here's the deal. I'm not gonna argue the point or get into it with you. Outside of posting a link to the manual, I'm gonna delete every post of yours I read dissing the II for the same things you have already stated. We're gonna bury this dead horse and stop beating it.

Don't take it personally, 'cause I actually like you. But if you can't lose the bad vibe you bring here, I'll disappear it for you.

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Cross posting from that vapir oxygen thread:

trad, the deal was that you'd stop about the I-inhale. Still you're taking subtle potshots at every opportunity.

I know your unit failed and you're upset. If you want to fight, take it to court; you're both in Ireland. This forum is not the place for personal crusades of that nature.

It really goes without saying that a portable vape isn't the best bet for 24/7 use. Chalk it up as a learning experience and move on.

Seriously, you've rubbed many members the wrong way, including mods and some of our nicest members. It's not us being unreasonable here. Please do not continue to do these things. I know you're a cool guy so I hope you'll play nice.

To reiterate: Please do not post in any I-inhale threads or post about the I-inhale anywhere on this forum.

vtac,

max

Out to lunch
I think my biggest complaint with the Inhale after almost 5 months is loading the bowl in 'on the go' situations, especially if the bowl is hot. I think the best solution may be 'ready to go loads', like when they invented the rifle cartridge (loading the Inhale bowl really is like pouring gunpowder down the muzzle of a musket). In fact, an empty cartridge (something larger than a .22 obviously), with some kind of removeable cap, would be a good choice. You'd still be emptying/pouring the herb into the bowl, but it would be a measured amount, with no danger of overspill. Some of the keychain size stash containers I've seen would do well for this purpose.

max,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
max said:
I think my biggest complaint with the Inhale after almost 5 months is loading the bowl in 'on the go' situations, especially if the bowl is hot. I think the best solution may be 'ready to go loads', like when they invented the rifle cartridge (loading the Inhale bowl really is like pouring gunpowder down the muzzle of a musket). In fact, an empty cartridge (something larger than a .22 obviously), with some kind of removeable cap, would be a good choice. You'd still be emptying/pouring the herb into the bowl, but it would be a measured amount, with no danger of overspill. Some of the keychain size stash containers I've seen would do well for this purpose.
I usually have my bud pre ground in a little film container. I fill it pretty easy by just sucking in like a straw and then when I lift it up I put my finger on the other end. Once I do this I stop sucking. I then dump and excess bud to not pack it so full and bam that's it. It's worked a charm for both me and my girlfriend. The only gripe I have with the II is when bud gets stuck on the heat pin and falls out. I try the tapping thing, but it just keeps on happening. It's very rare though.

buddhaholic420,
Top Bottom