rosstipher627

Just wondering. Since the fuel gauge is MIA I often top off the II before it runs out of butane just for good measure. Is there any detriment in doing so, or should I let it empty out first?

rosstipher627,

max

Out to lunch
I top mine off sometimes too. You should drain it once in a while, including pressing the valve down with the metal tool, to make sure you don't have air in the chamber.

Oglesby and Butler has changed the name of the I-inhale to iolite. I like it but have no idea for the reason behind the change. Iolite is a blue-violet gemstone, and iolite.com is not available as a domain name, so they've gone with http://www.my-iolite.com/. And for anyone wanting to see the company headquarters- http://www.portasol.com/contactus.html

max,

captainhits

Retailer
I see its now called the Iolite. I was going to buy one but I think I'll wait until the new name is put onto the new model. I wonder when it will be released. Anyone know? Max?

captainhits,

max

Out to lunch
I don't have any idea. Just saw the site today. I emailed the rep but haven't heard back yet. I'd say there will be some changes in the vape, but don't know if it'll be minor or major. I think we're more likely to see changes that don't involve altering the current structure of the unit.

max,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I love my II! I'm not getting thick hits, but I'm getting lots of hits. And isn't that what we're after? I know several times on this forum the subject comes up of big hits being wasteful. So this thing may be more efficient due to that. It's simple, effective and really cool. I can take this with me to walk the dog and hit it the whole way. The noise takes it out of the stealth category for me because I have kids, but they're not selling stealth...they're selling portability. And this thing has that in spades! I think this portable may be hard to beat.

stickstones,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
I am not sure what is going on over there, but they have no answered my repeated emails since last week. I guess with all the changes they are not responding, but I really need to get my II sent back for the warranty. I had an issue with the thread in the hole. I was very careful since I had read others having this issue, but duing normal maintenance it seems to have stripped while taking it out. THey sent me new pins, but after I found they were stripping when I put it in. I hope they read this and respond already.

buddhaholic420,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Well, I started to read this thread again. I started to let the unit warm up for about 3 minutes or so and it makes a big difference...clouds are forming now!

stickstones,

Kenny Powers

Hello All! I just had to join up here and post images of what I came up with for my I inhale, or io lite or whatever.

So I've been saving up for a SSV, not to say I dont like the IO, its awesome. But, I've really been wanting to hit this stemless bong I've had a while laying around since I repaired it...so....my brother and I got a little creative. I present to you the I-inhale vape bong!

Crap it didnt work, how do i upload some pics on here?

Kenny Powers,

Kenny Powers

Kenny Powers,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Dude, you really might want to take a moment and edit some.... uh, private information from those pictures.

Cool setup though. :)

SpiralArchitect,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Hello all,

I am posting because I feel badly that I use/like the I-inhale sooo much and have written sooo little about it :uhoh:.

Part of the reason why I have written soo little is because it is fairly intuitive and there is nothing much to say (which is also part of what I like so much about the unit :tup:).

Another part of the reason that I have written so little is that I didn't want my first post about a unit as novel, portable, functional, discreet, and interesting as the Iolite to be unfairly negative :cool:. In particular, some owners have had issues with their units malfunctioning (some after a very short period of ownership), and I wanted to see how everything played out before posting. In the end, it is a shame that those individuals had issues with their units (IMO), but is impressive how professionally and fairly O&B handles returns/repairs (from what I have heard).

The clincher that brought me here to finally post something is that all of the people who experienced problems (and some of those who have not had any problems) have been wondering if they had/are doing anything that has/may hurt their Iolite. As a matter of fact, I tried to compile a list of things people had been asking from memory, and had intended to post it here. Instead, however, I have decided that it may not be as easy to find and reply to questions scattered throughout this thread, and have made a thread called "Can I _____ with my Iolite?" in the general vaporizer section of FC (in hopes that the representative from Iolite will have some time to answer questions and help ensure people can maintain their units properly ;)).

So, overall I love the Iolite for its portability, novelty, and ease-of-use :D. A significant amount of those I know have reported having their unit malfunction :(, but (IMO) that is to be expected with such novel technology (and O&B seems to really take care of those who return their units for repair/replacement :tup:). I may personally prefer a slightly lower temperature for cleaner vapor, but recognize that many (most?) appreciate that it leaves the herbs deeply browned but not blackened :shrug:.

Please feel free to stop by http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=20865#p20865 and add any question hay has not yet been covered (PLEASE READ/RESPECT THE REQUESTS THAT I HAVE TAKEN THE TIME TO COMPOSE--IN THE FIRST POST OF THE THREAD).

Progress,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Yeah, they're having their share of problems. But, as you said, their customer service is great. I've had plenty of problems with my Extreme, but Arizer always did me right. Good to see another great company in Oglesby & Butler.

stickstones,

hazer414

Just bought the i-inhaler today (mostly due to the recommendations from this thread) and I'm having hard time getting it lit.

The first time, it lit up with minimal effort, but now I can't get it to stay lit no matter what I try. There's a fairly steady hiss ("roar") coming from the unit, but the blue light won't stay on, and it never moves to orange. The blue light either flickers right out, or hangs for a couple seconds before fading off.

Has anyone experienced this yet?

hazer414,

hazer414

Ronson. From one of those little 2.75oz containers. Seems to fill fine. Takes about 5 seconds and then some spills over the top.

hazer414,

hazer414

Real bummer after shelling out $250 for the thing. I can't help but think I must be screwing something up, even though it doesn't seem any more difficult than a lighter to operate.

Hopefully I don't have to ship this thing back to Ireland. :/

hazer414,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
You are in the united states right? Ronson brand butane is HORRIBLE. Go to a cigar shop and buy some good butane ( Collibri, Vector, King ). Use the tool provided with the II to press down the valve and release all the ronson, refill with some high quality butane and throw away that ronson.

I am not positive that this is the problem with your II, but i have used ronson in many lighters and they have all stopped working after refilling with ronson. Emptying the lighters and refilling with vector has them working like new.

Survivalism,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
I know Ronson has two types of butane. One is refined the other is not. His is hissing which means the gas is flowing, but it might be a piezo failure which has happened to others. Send ppl at II an email. They will take care of you.

buddhaholic420,

max

Out to lunch
I've used several cans of plain vanilla Ronson butane over a period of months before buying a quantity of Vector (better fuel at a better price). I had no problems with the Ronson (aside from the cost :/ ). In fact, the Inhale company rep has recommended Ronson as a good brand to use with their unit.

I do not believe the Ronson butane is your problem hazer. The hissing sound says your unit is processing the fuel. After turning the switch on and pressing the trigger, your light should go from blue to orange/amber. After you hit the unit the hissing should cycle on, accompanied by the amber light. After turning the unit on (there should be resistance in the on/off switch to reflect a fueled unit), try pressing the trigger several times. If you never get the amber light your unit is defective. The only time mine has failed to go amber has been when the vape is too cold, either from butane filling overflow, or from being left in the car during very cold winter temps.

max,

hazer414

Thanks Max. I'm wondering if it was just too cold from a butane overflow. I followed the instructions and let it sit fot 5 mins (did this a few times, actually) and eventually it lit. After a session, I came back to it again a couple hours later and it lit right up.

Weirdest thing. During the problem phase, the hissing noise did not have that standard smooth flow sound to it. It sounded a little more choppy and intermittent. I'm wondering if I had excess air in the fuel tank or something like that? I tried to bleed it all out before filling it, but it's possible I missed some, I guess.

But when it works, it really works. Neat little unit. :)

hazer414,

max

Out to lunch
The metal tool they provide for unscrewing the heating pin works well to make sure your butane resevoir is empty of air. Since it looks like they're going to make the pin unremoveable in the future (good idea IMO), I wonder if they'll continue to include this tool? If not, a simpler tool for this purpose would be nice.

If you continue to have problems with the unit not heating up hazer (even intermittantly), you might want to contact them about it. It could be a problem that will eventually get worse, and you don't want your warranty to run out and then have it die on you.

max,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Ronson butane is NOT made equally around the world, the ronson you can buy in the UK is actually high quality, the ronson you can buy in the states is horrible.

Glad your unit is working though hazer.

Survivalism,

max

Out to lunch
the ronson you can buy in the states is horrible.
It's done as well as Vector for me, so I could just as easily claim that it's great. If Ronson fuel has performed poorly for you, then please state it that way. Your statement is a sweeping generalization and has no merit because it's all inclusive. My own experience disproves it.

max,
Top Bottom