SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
All that business is probably going to the Purple-Days team..... rightfully so, too. :p :lol:

How is your i-Inhale treating you max? A skiing buddy of mine is interested in getting one for his first vape only because of it's extreme portability but I think he might be disappointed in the long run from its inability to produce large clouds.

You seem to have the inside scoop, do you know of any other vaporizers hitting the market soon?

SpiralArchitect,

max

Out to lunch
SpiralArchitect said:
All that business is probably going to the Purple-Days team..... rightfully so, too. :p :lol:

How is your i-Inhale treating you max? A skiing buddy of mine is interested in getting one for his first vape only because of it's extreme portability but I think he might be disappointed in the long run from its inability to produce large clouds.

You seem to have the inside scoop, do you know of any other vaporizers hitting the market soon?
While I love it for its portability, I have better choices for home use. I do find it a little hard to judge when I'm getting vapor sometimes, but maybe that's just because it's a pretty smooth hitter (with tubing anyway). And you really can get "large clouds" at times. I suspect that using it as an only vape, you could refine the technique and get a much better idea of vapor production when using it. The 6" piece of tubing I use makes a big difference in cooling (may also contribute to the difficulty of judging hits though) and in stealth. I also much prefer using it without the moisture condenser in the mouthpiece-better airflow.

It's amazing how easy it is to use this vape in public. Stick it in your shirt pocket, under a jacket, and no one notices, especially in an open air environment-no flame, no smell to speak of. At night you can even hold it in your hand during use as long as you don't flaunt it in someone's face. If stealthy portability is the #1 priority, I have no problem recommending it, as long as the user understands the care needed with the plastic mouthpiece, and the shipping costs involved in returning the unit to Ireland if it breaks down. And of course we're assuming that it safely processes all the butane, since apparently the company doesn't intend to give us any detailed info on how the catalytic process works. :/

As for new units to the market, it seems I've been burned a couple of times in announcing new ones that have yet to appear. The maker of the Supreme told me about his new vape that was supposed to hit the market well over a year ago, and the guy who was supposed to introduce the butane powered, all-in-one 'pocket vape' this fall, hasn't been heard from since early this year. And I've seen videos of not only his prototypes, but his workshop too-CNC machine and all. So I know he is (was?) dead serious about producing it. Too bad for him, since several small butane vapes have hit the market lately, including the cheap VP-600 (yuck) and the I-inhale. Arizer is supposed to be introducing a couple of portables in the near future too. Judging from what's hit the market this year, and the increasing popularity of vapes, I do think we'll see some interesting new units in '09.

max,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
vaporfection manufacturer said he is making a battery powered portable this year

stonemonkey55,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Cool thanks for that Max. I'm going to show him your post and let him decide, but advise him he may want to hold off until 09.

SpiralArchitect,

max

Out to lunch
If he wants an Inhale the best prices are on eBay. They're going for $200 with 'best offer' auctions.

max,

Dr.Zoidberg

Does anyone have any tips on how to get bigger hits off this thing? I feel like i have to hit it continuously for 30 minutes before I get lifted?:peace:

Dr.Zoidberg,

max

Out to lunch
Let it preheat and don't hit it too hard. Also remove the moisture condenser from the mouthpiece for better airflow. I get some really nice hits. I can't complain at all, all things considered.

max,
Dr.Zoidberg said:
Does anyone have any tips on how to get bigger hits off this thing? I feel like i have to hit it continuously for 30 minutes before I get lifted?:peace:
My top tips are remove the moisture condenser.
Make sure your herb is dry.
Make sure your herb is well ground.
dont over fill the chamber, i dont go over 1/2 full.
Leave the device 2 - 3 heating cycles before taking the pull.
take slow long drags.
Rotate and tap the device to mix up the herb a little.

I have been getting some really nice thick vapour out of the I.I. i think this device does what is meant to very well.

Zenfold,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
I just got my I-I back and I noticed a few things that have changed because the people at gotvape.com hooked it up with a brand new I-I. In order from least to most important IMO

1. The case seems to fit the I-I a lot better. My first case seemed to kind of fall apart. My GF's seems to be one of the loser ones too.

2. The maintenance tool that comes with it is a lot better in design. I can actually grip it very easily.

3. This is a big one. I am not sure because I did not test this before, but I noticed my new one is louder than my GF's. I also noticed I was getting really blasted today during my lunch break ritual. I said hold on a minute and when I got home decided to test the theory so I took out the heat pin and screen and basically pointed a laser thermometer into the top directly into the little whole where the heat pin should be. My observation was correct as my GF's only got to a max temp of 350 Fahrenheit. Mine which was brand spanking new was getting readings at 375 Fahrenheit no problem. I believe my GF's might need to be sent back as well. I am hoping it's just hers has always been this way and we have not noticed because it still does the job very well at that temp. LIke I said I have not noticed until I got mine back. I just hope it's not an issue with time with this vape. Just so you all know I am using 5 x refined Vector so I don't think it's clogging the works.

Just in case no one knows. Mine got messed up because it seemed water damaged it somehow.

buddhaholic420,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Wouldn't surprise me one bit if I-Inhale is releasing a 'new generation' already of the I-Inhale. Good find dude. :science:

SpiralArchitect,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
SpiralArchitect said:
Wouldn't surprise me one bit if I-Inhale is releasing a 'new generation' already of the I-Inhale. Good find dude. :science:
If only that were the case. The devices by default are supposed to get to 375 per I-I customer service. They said I can send it back. I will make sure both mine and my GF's are monitored for any variation in temp and let the people at I-I know what is going of if there is an issue with the thermostat or something that caused my lady's to drop in temp., but like I said I have no idea if it came this way since I never tested them.

buddhaholic420,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
B420 - I just got my I-I back and I noticed a few things that have changed because the people at gotvape.com hooked it up with a brand new I-I. In order from least to most important IMO
1. The case seems to fit the I-I a lot better. My first case seemed to kind of fall apart. My GF's seems to be one of the loser ones too.
2. The maintenance tool that comes with it is a lot better in design. I can actually grip it very easily.
3. This is a big one. I am not sure because I did not test this before, but I noticed my new one is louder than my GF's. I also noticed I was getting really blasted today during my lunch break ritual. I said hold on a minute and when I got home decided to test the theory so I took out the heat pin and screen and basically pointed a laser thermometer into the top directly into the little whole where the heat pin should be. My observation was correct as my GF's only got to a max temp of 350 Fahrenheit. Mine which was brand spanking new was getting readings at 375 Fahrenheit no problem. I believe my GF's might need to be sent back as well. I am hoping it's just hers has always been this way and we have not noticed because it still does the job very well at that temp. LIke I said I have not noticed until I got mine back. I just hope it's not an issue with time with this vape. Just so you all know I am using 5 x refined Vector so I don't think it's clogging the works. Just in case no one knows. Mine got messed up because it seemed water damaged it somehow.
B420 - The devices by default are supposed to get to 375 per I-I customer service. They said I can send it back. I will make sure both mine and my GF's are monitored for any variation in temp and let the people at I-I know what is going of if there is an issue with the thermostat or something that caused my lady's to drop in temp., but like I said I have no idea if it came this way since I never tested them.
You rock! :bowdown: I greatly appreciate your efforts to monitor the performance of your I-I, use your I-I as suggested (to the best of your ability), ascertain concrete evidence of issues you suspect, tactfully address such issues with I-I CS, and keep potential consumers and current I-I owners apprised of your experience. :tup:

I have definitely been interested in the portability and novelty of the I-I. However, novelty comes with a price (and I am just not ready yet :tinfoil: ). The materials the unit is made of, by-products of the catalytic converter/catalyst/fuel, and potential durability issues seem to be my primary concerns.

So far the people at I-I seem (from what I hear from current owners) to be adequate as far as customer service, repair/warranty issues, and accessory replacement/purchase (the weakest link IMO). However, considering that they are new to the vaporizer market (in a country that does not produce any others afaik), they seem to have the interest and potential to become/remain a leader/pioneer in the portable vaporizer market.

Best wishes with any future issues you should encounter (and may they be few or none).

Thanks again. :D

Progress,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
Progress said:
You rock! :bowdown: I greatly appreciate your efforts to monitor the performance of your I-I, use your I-I as suggested (to the best of your ability), ascertain concrete evidence of issues you suspect, tactfully address such issues with I-I CS, and keep potential consumers and current I-I owners apprised of your experience. :tup:

I have definitely been interested in the portability and novelty of the I-I. However, novelty comes with a price (and I am just not ready yet :tinfoil: ). The materials the unit is made of, by-products of the catalytic converter/catalyst/fuel, and potential durability issues seem to be my primary concerns.

So far the people at I-I seem (from what I hear from current owners) to be adequate as far as customer service, repair/warranty issues, and accessory replacement/purchase (the weakest link IMO). However, considering that they are new to the vaporizer market (in a country that does not produce any others afaik), they seem to have the interest and potential to become/remain a leader/pioneer in the portable vaporizer market.

Best wishes with any future issues you should encounter (and may they be few or none).

Thanks again. :D
Hey man it's not a problem. I tell you that I am new to the whole vaporizing thing. Not exactly new to the concept as I first tried vaporizing back in the late 90's with a stove, blender, and skillet. This method worked so well, but was very impractical. I then bought a BC vaporizer and was so disappointed with that I never tried vaporizing again. Not until 2008 did I try vaporizing again when my bro in law bought a vapor bros. I was very impressed with that and told my lady about it. She in turn got me a vapor bros and I never looked back. Soon afterwards I started looking for portable ones and came across the vapman which worked, but also was impractical because it needed a butane torch and made me feel like a crack fiend using it. I finally settled on the I-I and in turn sold me vapman because it worked so much better and tasted so much better. My last purchase was an Extreme V-Tower Vaporizer from Arizer which I decided on after reading the whole 41 page post about it. I should be getting this tomorrow. I think my little vaporizer obsession will subside after I get my hands on it.:lol: (yeah right!) Sorry to tell you my vape life story, but I just thought I needed to tell it because I think vaporizing is the best thing to come my way.

On another note. I am a very analytical person when it comes to things working. I like making sure they work correctly as advertised and tend to test things just to be sure they work properly. i.e. (IT stuff). It was very natural for me to figure out a way of testing the true temp. of these devices and will continue to report back with as much data as I can possibly write. Time permitting as this is kind of my new favorite hobby. My girl thinks I am nuts, but loves the rewards of my little quest for the best vapes on the market. FYI I am not saying the ones I have purchased are the best ones. I am just looking for them.

buddhaholic420,

Dr.Zoidberg

Why didnt you all put a fuel gage on it? I cant ever tell if I am filling it all the way up. And it seems like it is out of fuel every other bowl?

Dr.Zoidberg,

Beezleb

I look forward to your reviews and input buddaholic.

I feel that the only "best" vaporizers are the ones that best match a person's usage and needs.

Happy Vaping!

Beezleb,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
Beezleb said:
I look forward to your reviews and input buddaholic.

I feel that the only "best" vaporizers are the ones that best match a person's usage and needs.

Happy Vaping!
Very true. Each vaporizer has it's ups and downs. I am still in the baby stages of learning what I like in vaping. So far it's been a blast.

buddhaholic420,

tradhead

My II worked well for a couple of months. I was delighted. Unfortunately the unit malfunctioned and as I was several thousand miles away from Eire I opened it up to check for visible obstructions, I managed to get it working again partially for a couple of weeks and then it died completely. The company rep told me that as I opened it up The warranty was invalid. So basically it fucked up and the company used an excuse to screw me. Its a great shame > I told them I expected a replacement or repair but they declined so I have bought A PD . Tom Is clearly an honourable man and that is very important to me.

In operation it worked well, very stealthy. As both tubes snapped at the screw I used it with no tube and that worked fine. I was able to sit in an internet cafe and blast away. In public I simply pretended to sip whisky from a hip flask and it was obvious that that was what I was doing, only I wasnt :-) so it was possible to toke away in full public view, to hang out with my mates on the street and while thay all smoke spliffs I vaped. The PD wont offer this but I am sure it will last and were by some crazy misfortune , something to go wrong tom would see me right.

Yes this is the IiNhale page, not the PD page... but lets be seriious, this II was great while it worked. I noticed no plastic taste, It did the job well.

Unfortunately it fucked up . NOw I fully understand that a highly technical device like this could malfunction. putting aside the fact that I relied on it totally for 2months and not having it would be a disaster, the test for a company is how they deal with you when their device fucks up, and this company screwed me. All they had to do was accept their responsibility and repair the device, costing them little, but no, so fuck em. They need to get their act together on this one, sack or reprimand the guy who deals with the complaints, apologise and repair /replace. If that happens then it will be clear to me and others that they will do the right thing. Technically they may, I repeat; may, be right in refusing to honour their warranty, morally? after 2 months? dead wrong.

I am a musician of 30yrs standing, I have at least 15grands worth of highly technical equipment. I know full well how to look after this gear ,I dont abuse my stuff, I keep it well, The tool needs to be able to do the job or its worthless. for 180 e I expect at least2yrs of functionality, not 2 months.

So now I could have posted it back paid through the teeth I expect to repair it, but to be honest If thats the way they treat their customers they can stick their device where it hurts, after they turn it on:cool:

as for packs of screens for $41.61!! says it all really!

The fancy screen yoke just clogged up quick with resin so I just used a normal screen, worked fine...

Tell you one thing though, I really, really, really hope the company gets its act together. It would be a great shame if the idea died just like my II did ,I need a device that is completely portable as I fly a lot and I cant be carrying loads of stuff about., plus my teenage daughter has started hanging out with tokers and I would really rather she had a functional alternative to combustion that is portable and discrete. The II is lightweight, can operate for long periods and only requires a gas bottle, universally available.

when it worked, it worked well, small design faults like the tubes, no gas level display are minor, but if the general picture is that they are not durable then thats a great shame.

I really hope my story is not typical. I know that I used it a lot, but there is no warning as to what is overuse. Ok so the company rep screwed me, but maybe he just had a bad day?

If the device failed due to dust,then they need to put an air filter in place, the pipe stem connection needs redesigning with a solid and strong mouthpiece, the lower bowl needs to be removable for cleaning purposes. When the stem broke I had no option but to burn the plastic out so as to use another stem.

in summery IMO lets hope vsn 2 is better and more durable.

tradhead,

max

Out to lunch
Dr.Zoidberg said:
Why didnt you all put a fuel gage on it? I cant ever tell if I am filling it all the way up. And it seems like it is out of fuel every other bowl?
The manufacturer didn't put a fuel gauge on it because there wasn't room, and it would have been a reliability issue. Next time yours is empty you need to use the provided tool on the valve. Sounds like you have air in the system, which prevents a full fill of butane.

tradhead said:
the test for a company is how they deal with you when their device fucks up, and this company screwed me. All they had to do was accept their responsibility and repair the device, costing them little, but no, so fuck em. They need to get their act together on this one, sack or reprimand the guy who deals with the complaints, apologise and repair /replace. If that happens then it will be clear to me and others that they will do the right thing. Technically they may, I repeat; may, be right in refusing to honour their warranty, morally? after 2 months? dead wrong.
Again, opening up an electronic product while under warranty will void the warranty. This is an industry standard, and I don't see where morals come into the picture.

If you had a problem with your new car and took the engine apart in your back yard and couldn't fix it, then had it towed to the dealer, would you expect the manufacturer to honor the warranty?

as for packs of screens for $41.61!! says it all really!
A pack of 3 screens is $13.70 US (today anyway-exchange rate varies). Still high, but $41 was a typo, I'm told. I'm sure Vaporstore has a better price.

I really hope my story is not typical.
From the posts I've seen on various forums, it's not. And you've told it multiple times here, so enough is enough.

max,

tradhead

Im sorry max, If you dont like my post then their is no onus on you to read or respond thanks, and I am free to speak. my mind, as are you. cheers. I have, as far as I am aware broken no forum rules.. Is this discussion not precisely the right place to relay my experiance? as far as telling my story! Im going to tell it on every forum I can find and continue to do so, Please respect my right to do so within the guidelines and rules of this and other forums.

max, its not a car , if my car failed as I was driving home then yes of course I would try to fix it! especially if I were 2thousand miles from home. and yes If my car failed I would expect it to be repaired under warranty. Would you ship your car back? or try to fix it? and if you shipped it back then that would leave you stuck on the side of a mountain for weeks with no wheels!

as far as fuel gauge goes! all it needs is for the II to be transparent or have a window... too complex you think?

Electronic product? you mean the piezo ?
The II Is not an electronic product at all, its gas powered...It failed after 2 months, yes I expect it to be repaired or replaced ... Yiou might think that unreasonable, I dont, not at all.In fact, I consider their refusal to do so to be unreasonable , and I am the consumer, I and other consumers pay their wage. they disregard me and other consumers at their peril.

tradhead,

Beezleb

The main issue tradhead is that you not only did you open it up, you told them that you did. This is called stupid in the real world.

At the end of the day that the lesson people will see from your post is not to tell the warranty people you opened it up, which is standard common sense for these things and the fact you disagree with that aspect is mute. Welcome to the real world. I know a guy who had his eyes insured and unfortunately had an error during a cataract surgery and he is blind in one eye. He missed his filing date for the insurance to pay him and he never received payment because he was late.

It is a shame because this issue takes away that your II died on you and it prevents fruitful discussion on that issue and exploration of the potential problem.

You in essence accomplished the opposite of what your wanting to do as unfortunate as it is, your actions voided the warranty and like I said, continued arguing of that point hurts your position and takes away from the issue of the broken II.

Beezleb,

tradhead

Called stupid! hah, so when your honest thats stupid... ok If thats your attitude, fair enough.. as it happens it makes not the slightest difference whether I told them or not, they have a small seal inside that they put thre . open it up and they know. and now does anyone who reads this.

No if anyone gains anything from this its;
1 dont buy it.
2 dont open it when it breaks.
3 the II has proven to be unreliable in this case, and others
4 if your customer reports a failure after 2 months fix it or face the consequences.
5 the internet is a powerful tool for consumer activism

For me, the II was effectively a pretty insignificant purchase financially. Its the principle.I dont like being ripped off. I just shrug it off to be honest, I came here to warn others and explain the situation.
Yes I could just pay them to fix it... NO. If I want an I! I will buy another one,(when they make them reliable)
yes it will cost me more probably but I dont care. I paid the price and we can all learn from the mistakes made. mistakes made by me(trusting that they would do the right thing in my book) and by the II rep.
I dont believe opening it was a mistake, I managed to fix it with a blast of air and got 3 more weeks of operation all be it dodgy operation. It would eventually light up and last a while.
I didnt smoke... success. That is the only criteria that counts in my book.
Yes I lost 180 down the drain, I got a few months operation out of it .but honestly how much is the company going to lose as a result of the facts being made public in this case?

If they had said sorry, send it back and we will fix it I wouldnt have gone public. Fair enough,
The thing is I dont play the game of life by their or your rules , but by my own. The big mistake here was made by the II rep I talked to. no doubt in my mind. 1 sale lost and they fucked up, I only lost180e, they risk a lot more, a lot more. They made a stupid and short sighted decision IMO

Go over to the PD thread, there you find a man who stands by his work, and a bunch of folk who stand with him. Who stands to defend II? not I.

tradhead,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
tradhead said:
Called stupid! hah, so when your honest thats stupid... ok If thats your attitude, fair enough.. as it happens it makes not the slightest difference whether I told them or not, they have a small seal inside that they put thre . open it up and they know. and now does anyone who reads this.

No if anyone gains anything from this its;
1 dont buy it.
2 dont open it when it breaks.
3 the II has proven to be unreliable in this case, and others
4 if your customer reports a failure after 2 months fix it or face the consequences.
5 the internet is a powerful tool for consumer activism

For me, the II was effectively a pretty insignificant purchase financially. Its the principle.I dont like being ripped off. I just shrug it off to be honest, I came here to warn others and explain the situation.
Yes I could just pay them to fix it... NO. If I want an I! I will buy another one,(when they make them reliable)
yes it will cost me more probably but I dont care. I paid the price and we can all learn from the mistakes made. mistakes made by me(trusting that they would do the right thing in my book) and by the II rep.
I dont believe opening it was a mistake, I managed to fix it with a blast of air and got 3 more weeks of operation all be it dodgy operation. It would eventually light up and last a while.
I didnt smoke... success. That is the only criteria that counts in my book.
Yes I lost 180 down the drain, I got a few months operation out of it .but honestly how much is the company going to lose as a result of the facts being made public in this case?

If they had said sorry, send it back and we will fix it I wouldnt have gone public. Fair enough,
The thing is I dont play the game of life by their or your rules , but by my own. The big mistake here was made by the II rep I talked to. no doubt in my mind. 1 sale lost and they fucked up, I only lost180e, they risk a lot more, a lot more. They made a stupid and short sighted decision IMO

Go over to the PD thread, there you find a man who stands by his work, and a bunch of folk who stand with him. Who stands to defend II? not I.
Sorry bro, but Beezleb is right IMO. You should not have opened it up. Haven't you noticed all the negativity your drawing? Please if you want to discuss this further shoot me a PM. Stop trying to argue with people in the thread.

buddhaholic420,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
I say let the man voice his opinions on the II repeatedly. its a just cause when spending over $200 on something that can easily break! thanks man for letting me know..i know now not to ever buy an II

:peace: (andlove) Hennessy:)

Hennessy1414,
Top Bottom