captainhits

Retailer
AMEN brother! It takes balls to form and opinion of your own (especially an unpopular one), and even more balls to share it openly in the midst of naysayers. Then to go furthur you've been completely constructive, articulate, and diplomatic, in light of the detractors. Keep up the good work! It's people like you and 4:20 who actually make a difference and cause change. :peace:

...and 4:20, anyone that says your a troll is either jealous of you stealing the limelight, or they themselves have an adjenda for II. I commend you for bringing this issue to light and being persistant about it; it's what a forum is all about.

rukus13 said:
... With all due respect what is the problem with wanting to know what we are inhaling is safe. I thinks it pretty wack you don't want this discussed on the boards. What is the point of having an open discussion if you only want to hear people nut hugging the manufacturers. Besides nobody is attacking the company at all. I think it is a brilliant even revolutionary product but I want to know that it is safe thats it plain and simple. I don't doubt that in an open space or even a room the levels are most likely small. Again though I use mine for example in the car frequently. I should be able to know what those levels are to decide if that is a good or bad idea. At a minimum should we not inhale while it is running. Comparing this to a space heater or a tool is apples to oranges. None of those are inches from your face when they are exhausting. A forest fire or a charcoal grill release alot more carcinogens than cigarettes as well but we know cigarattes will kill you. The difference is in concentration, and level of exposure. So while a space heater, which can and does from time to time malfunction and kill people, lets off more CO than this device as a whole you aren't exposed as closely or as frequently. I hope that the detractors are right and they well may be but I for one want to know as this is easily tested. I don't think its asking for to much and I don't think it warrants the tin hat analogy either. As for directing this directly at the company well they have been elusive in answering so what good does that do. By discussing publicly there is some pressure to do something about it. I won't clutter up the board and keep repeating the same crap over and over as I can see how that gets old. I don't though think we are over reacting and hope that iolite does the right thing and puts our concerns to rest as this is a potential problem only with their product unlike the plastic which has been debated to death and their is plenty of info to make an informed decision.

captainhits,

lwien

So Capt'n, you bring up a post that's a week old to stir up the pot again even after things have settled down?

lwien,

captainhits

Retailer
lwien said:
So Capt'n, you bring up a post that's a week old to stir up the pot again even after things have settled down?
Sorry bud, I'll take the high road and not respond to any comments meant to debase my post. Just readin about the II and felt compelled to put my :2c: on 4:20 and rukus' comments and back them up.

captainhits,

CalBears24

my :2c:: i'm slightly tired of hearing about the CO personally. you gentlemen should start a new post about that so it doesn't clog this up. Too much polarization there too. Keep this thread argument-free, it's the way to be! Love the i-inhale.

CalBears24,

chloe

I'm interested in buying one but I think I'm gonna wait until the next version will come out...any idea roughly when that's gonna be?

chloe,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
No idea chloe. What they have out now is their current model and they haven't given us any information about a 'new version' (that I know of).

Just ordered one! :D Orange.

Can't wait. :cool:

SpiralArchitect,

marcuss

above the clouds
i don't know the exact date but i think it will take some time to finish the current models already on the market....the changes in the beta are minimal so if i was you, i don't wait long time for a new version when the current model is working perfectly right now..... but if you got patience just wait....

marcuss,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Hopefully, before Iolite revises the current unit OR develops an additional unit, they will run the ideas they are thinking of trying past the vapor community. I imagine that Iolite would do this (or at least announce the upcoming unit), as they promoted the original I-Inhale and even had a presale. Hopefully, for round 2 they will run their ideas past a final round of individuals with potential insight into R&D before beginning production.

I was wondering what others who have used the Iolite (aka I-inhale) thought about whether a fuel window would be worth additional size or production cost. I feel that one quickly gets a feel for not overfilling it (like a lighter) and can top it off when ever they want (making the fuel window unnecessary). Does anyone still think that this would be a worthwhile feature (or agree that it may not be worthwhile)???

Progress,

max

Out to lunch
If they add a fuel window it'll be on a different, more expensive model. Getting a view of the fuel content on a design like this is harder than most people think. You can't use the polycarbonate material used on disposable lighters because the butane slowly corrodes it. And the filter (for impurities) and wick (for upside down performance) in the tank also make fuel viewing more difficult.

Personally, I wouldn't be interested in paying more to see the butane level, but I'm sure there's a market for it, especially if they add another useful feature or two.

max,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I would like to have a window, but I have had no problems refilling mine every time I go out. I haven't had to release any air or anything like that. I don't sweat if it is low or not...just fill it whenever I think it may need it.

stickstones,

chloe

yeah i really can't wait to get one...I was gonna get the genie to save $ but I'm going for simplicity when I pass it around....i don't vape in public often enough to be in a rush...but ya know..i'd be nice to have a few puffs b4 I walk to a buffet :)

chloe,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Mine will be shipping out Tuesday. They were out of orange, and blue... so I got green.

The main reasons for me purchasing this unit was for an upcoming vacation.

I'm concerned about using the unit before I head on vacation, then packing it for the trip. I read a few people have cleaned their pieces and been just fine, but I'm wanting to know if everything that potentially comes in contact with herb, vapor, residue and anything incriminating can be replaced with new parts.

Thanks guys! Stoked for mine....

SpiralArchitect,
hi SA the herb chamber, mesh and mouthpiece can be replaced as can the heat pin and lower mesh(you wanna get rid of that anyway) but it looks like the "heat chamber" is press fit into the unit body

thevapedcrusader,

marcuss

above the clouds
SA....you don't need to replace those parts, just clean it with iso and no smell left in the unit.....mine has been with me for my last holiday and no problem :ninja:

p.s. remember to empty the butane tank before flying with it!!

marcuss,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Thanks guys! So the unit is capable of being *FULLY CLEANED*. Good to hear. And yes, I'll remember to empty out the butane. ;)

Thing is, I can't find any high quality butane in town, so acquiring some will be hard. It may be another reason I wait to use it until in the lower 48.

How is the thing on butane use? Does a can last a while?

SpiralArchitect,

marcuss

above the clouds
If i well remember the Iolite guy told me that the unit "eat" 1 gram of butate per hour so a butane can should last for a month of daily usage....i'm sure you can find good brands butane almost everywhere....i bought some Ronson in Jamaica when i was there on holiday with my Iolite.
Last time i met Ciaran he gave me a Newport butane can to try...it is super rafined with almoest 0 impurities but it is quite hard to find here in Italy....Ronson is the more available and quite cheap IMO!

Anyway if you just use it few times before you leave you'll find very easy to clean up the unit.....after almost a month of daily usage the heat chamber looks brand new ;)

marcuss,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
So you have been using Ronson?

The guy I ordered it from, along with most users, and the company too (I think?) all recommend using high quality, refined butane. Ronson is notoriously nasty. How has it been working out for you? Did you notice any difference between the two? I'd hate to compromise my vapes integrity, and the actual experience, with poor butane. Everyone says avoid Ronson like the plague, be it for a lighter, BHO, or the iOlite.

SpiralArchitect,

Durden

I am Jack's title
Off the top of my head I remember something about Ronson in the US being different from the Ronson in Europe as far as quality goes, but I couldn't find the exact reference in this thread at a glance.

Durden,

NoSmoke

Spiral I have been using Roson and it SUCKS, its really dirty and makes the Iolite works less efficently. You can totally tell the difference in the "roar" with different qualitys butanes. I went to the tobacco shop where they told me Colibri is out of business no more available, Roson sucks, then they sold me a diffent one w zero impurites and its great expensive but great, I forgot the name ill post it when i get home.

NoSmoke,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
The ronson that marcuss is getting is different the the ronson here in the states guys, the ronson their is high quality and refined, here it sucks.

Survivalism,

marcuss

above the clouds
I'm sorry that Ronson is crap there......In Europe is one of the best brands and easy to find.....vtac that is exactly the can i have....really refined butane and thick can also!

marcuss,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
do the units come prefilled with butane? im about to go pick up an i-inhale version unit from dieselvapors and was wondering if i should bring some butane along for the ride.

illadelph,

marcuss

above the clouds
illadelph.....units come empty for safety reasons, you'll need a new butane can to start vaporize!

marcuss,

rayski

thevapedcrusader said:
hi SA the herb chamber, mesh and mouthpiece can be replaced as can the heat pin and lower mesh(you wanna get rid of that anyway) but it looks like the "heat chamber" is press fit into the unit body
I would benefit if I removed the heat pin or mesh from my II?
Please tell me why?

rayski,
Top Bottom