DeTerminator

-Hey Frog,

Just wondering where you get your shisha from? Having trouble with the site that has it, as far as ordering....

Thanks in advance,

Kerry-

DeTerminator,

frogbmth

Hi Kerry

I get mine here
http://theshishashop.com/

UK based, they have always shipped my orders right away, stock comes and goes very fast so keep an eye out for any flavours that are missig from time to time.

Andy

frogbmth,

winston856

So is the beta version out now as the IOlite where the updated the stem and moisture condenser?

Also what are some good places to buy it from in the USA?

winston856,

DeTerminator

Hi Andy,

I tried to order from your link, but it looks like they don't ship to the US.

Thanks anyway, unless you have another suggestion.

Later,

Kerry

DeTerminator,

4:20

Hi Luchiano,

thanks for the tip!
Here is the definition of hygroscopy from wikipedia:
\Hygroscopy is the ability of a substance to attract water molecules from the surrounding environment through either absorption or adsorption./

Now I understand why some manufacturers say that filtering it into water will activate its potent.
But I should ask Gator15 if have tried the PD, which I think is even dryier, to see if the same symptoms are experienced , or if it s due to something else.

Btw, luchiano, how would you use the humidipak in the vaporizer? And isn t humidipak a kind of sillicate that does not humidify but only absorb moisture (an hygoscope substance that suck the humidity) ?

\
luchiano said:
Gators15 said:
Hello all,

Ive been using the I-Inhale since February 17, and and have loved it for the most part. The only issue I really have with it is the after effect on my lungs. After about 30 day of use I experienced fairly uncomfortable lung soreness for 2-3 days. This was in mid-March. Since then I have vaped everyday with the II multiple times per day and have felt fine until last night when the lung soreness returned.

I have never felt lung uncomfort like this before even when i was continutally takin massive bong rips and such back in the day. I was an herb smoker for 4 years and have completely switched to the use of the II in the past 3 months. I dont somke or use any other substances besides Colorado's finest green.

I guess I am just curious to see if anyone else gets lung discomfort/slight pain from II use. I made the switch from smoking to vaping but am concerned about this new lung soreness. Any thoughts or similar experinces anyone? Has anyone else had similar issues with different vapes? I think I may be just fighting to keep the vapor in my system too long and straining my lungs in the process causing this pain.

I probably should just not use it 3-4 times a day everyday I know, but that is kinda the purpose for me. I am beginning to think the II is not suited as an everyday vape for me. Regardless of the aformentioned issues I still highly recommend the II. It get me where I want to be for sure.

Finally, this site is the shit. I would not have quit smoking so soon if it werent for the people on this site. Thank you FC! Shout out to all the Colorado vapesters. Peace.
The reason why you are experiencing this is because some of the chemicals in herbs are hygroscopic and if they are not already attached to water molecule will absorb moisture from your lungs and this is why you get soreness and coughing when smoking or vaping dry material.

The easiest solution would be to get a vapir water tool kit and vape with that to add moisture and ease the soreness.

Even better would be to get a humidipak (http://www.humidipak.com/) and add a good amount of moisture to the herb/hash but it will make the vape session a little longer because the water has to vape off first but it will be more tasty than dry.

vapir water toolkit:
http://www.vapir.com/product_detail/Vaporization_Accessories/5_Pack H2O_Water_Tools/4/111

4:20,

frogbmth

iolite said:
@ frogbmth

That picture of an iolite fitted with a mix?n?ball J adapter is very interesting. Is that adapter made out of plastic or aluminium? Also what do you mean by a tighter vape? Is it because the pressure drop increases and therefore harder to draw upon?
The J-Adapter is all aluminium, it seems that the spiral channel in the inner section effectively creates a long tube allowing the vapour to cool right down before it reaches the mouth. By tighter draw, I just mean that instead of requiring minimal suction to draw a mouthful of vapour, you have to suck harder on the tube - it increases the resistance to be similar to sucking on a filter cigarette. I would like it to be a little less so I might experiment by grinding the spiral channel out more to increase the diameter and, I would imagine, reduce the resistance required to draw.

It would be interesting to see about making an insert for the standard mouthpeice, like a long screw thread that the vapour whorls around before reaching the mouthpeice. I might have a play with that idea.

Andy

frogbmth,

frogbmth

DeTerminator said:
Hi Andy,

I tried to order from your link, but it looks like they don't ship to the US.

Thanks anyway, unless you have another suggestion.

Later,

Kerry
Hi Kerry

Sorry about that, all I can suggest is trawling over this forum

http://www.hookahforum.com/

It has lots of reviews of molasses brands and talk about suppliers. Its been a great source of info for me, although nobody there seems to be vaporizing shisha.

Andy

frogbmth,

luchiano

4:20 said:
Hi Luchiano,

thanks for the tip!
Here is the definition of hygroscopy from wikipedia:
\Hygroscopy is the ability of a substance to attract water molecules from the surrounding environment through either absorption or adsorption./

Now I understand why some manufacturers say that filtering it into water will activate its potent.
But I should ask Gator15 if have tried the PD, which I think is even dryier, to see if the same symptoms are experienced , or if it s due to something else.

Btw, luchiano, how would you use the humidipak in the vaporizer? And isn t humidipak a kind of sillicate that does not humidify but only absorb moisture (an hygoscope substance that suck the humidity) ?

\
luchiano said:
Gators15 said:
Hello all,

Ive been using the I-Inhale since February 17, and and have loved it for the most part. The only issue I really have with it is the after effect on my lungs. After about 30 day of use I experienced fairly uncomfortable lung soreness for 2-3 days. This was in mid-March. Since then I have vaped everyday with the II multiple times per day and have felt fine until last night when the lung soreness returned.

I have never felt lung uncomfort like this before even when i was continutally takin massive bong rips and such back in the day. I was an herb smoker for 4 years and have completely switched to the use of the II in the past 3 months. I dont somke or use any other substances besides Colorado's finest green.

I guess I am just curious to see if anyone else gets lung discomfort/slight pain from II use. I made the switch from smoking to vaping but am concerned about this new lung soreness. Any thoughts or similar experinces anyone? Has anyone else had similar issues with different vapes? I think I may be just fighting to keep the vapor in my system too long and straining my lungs in the process causing this pain.

I probably should just not use it 3-4 times a day everyday I know, but that is kinda the purpose for me. I am beginning to think the II is not suited as an everyday vape for me. Regardless of the aformentioned issues I still highly recommend the II. It get me where I want to be for sure.

Finally, this site is the shit. I would not have quit smoking so soon if it werent for the people on this site. Thank you FC! Shout out to all the Colorado vapesters. Peace.
The reason why you are experiencing this is because some of the chemicals in herbs are hygroscopic and if they are not already attached to water molecule will absorb moisture from your lungs and this is why you get soreness and coughing when smoking or vaping dry material.

The easiest solution would be to get a vapir water tool kit and vape with that to add moisture and ease the soreness.

Even better would be to get a humidipak (http://www.humidipak.com/) and add a good amount of moisture to the herb/hash but it will make the vape session a little longer because the water has to vape off first but it will be more tasty than dry.

vapir water toolkit:
http://www.vapir.com/product_detail/Vaporization_Accessories/5_Pack H2O_Water_Tools/4/111
You use the humidipak for your herbs or hash and it adds a certain amount of moisture to it. You don't use it in the vaporizer. The water tool kits are used for moisture when using a vaporizer.

Humidipak is good because it keeps the moisture at a specific level which means you don't have to keep watching it and making sure no mold is growing on your herb.

Your thinking about silica which absorbs moisture.

luchiano,

rukus13

iolite said:
Hi Guys,

Our R&D team had a good look into these questions and had some fun answering them. :) The reason it took so long was to insure the information is correct.

@ The_Algebraist

The iolite vapouriser is not supposed to come supplied with butane. However the shop where you bought it might have filled it with butane for demonstrating purposes. You also mentioned that you inadvertently popped the herb chamber open and spilled your herb. For your information the herb chamber will have a locking mechanism in future models. We can?t at the moment make this a feature on the current models chassis.

@ Progress

Progress said:
1) I have noticed that the brand/quality of butane used affects the intensity of the orange glow and seems to affect the duration of the warming cycles (please feel free to correct me if I am wrong, Iolite ).
All butane contains a certain small amount of propane. Different brand will have different amounts of propane and the higher the amount of propane the more intense the glow will be.
If you stick to mainstream brands such as Colibri, Braun, Newport Gas and Ronson in Europe you should be fine.

@ DevoTheStrange

DevoTheStrange said:
just wondering, about how long does a normal can of Vector (or other good quality butane) usually last you guys?
The iolite vapouriser uses 1 gram of gas per hour. Millilitres and grams are the same. So if you bought a can of 250ml it should last for 250 hours.

@ 4:20

The health effects of CO depend on the level of CO, length of exposure, and the overall level of exposure in the atmosphere.

I need to clarify the difference between exhaust gas and vapour gas and stress that they do not mix as your lips are on the outlet at the time of inhaling. People don?t inhale through their nose at the same time as pulling on a cigarette. The chambers are completely separate and you don?t suck in the fumes from the exhaust.

Butane is commonly used in cookers in kitchens, and the quantities burned are much greater and exposure is much higher due to the sheer volumes been used. It is also important to stress that the air-butane mixture is oxygen rich and along with the catalyst you get as close to complete combustion.

Since we draw attention to a gas cooker as a comparative source of CO generation, I think it might also be beneficial to point out a further difference, which is the iolite vapouriser is not running continuously. The run time per minute at say ambient temp of 20 degrees C indoors with a full herb chamber would typically be 5 seconds on 45 seconds off due to the controlling action of the thermostat. I think this also demonstrates the inability of the iolite to generate meaningful amounts of Co when it is immediately mixed with the surrounding atmosphere.

The health effects of CO depend on the level of CO, length of exposure, and the overall level of exposure in the atmosphere. To reach levels of CO you need to pump a lot of it into a room to get the concentration up. If you produce some CO in the exhaust fumes it will diffuse very rapidly into the rest of the air that fills the room if it is indoors. The only way of getting high CO exposure would be to continually inhale ALL of the exhaust fumes for a LONG TIME. This in itself is imposable as the exhaust gases instantly mix with the atmosphere as they exit the device and hit the diffusion manifold (clear component in the cooling fins.)

If we examine the start up procedure as illustrated in the instructions you will find that the only time butane is exhausted is for a few seconds pre-ignition (This is the same for when domestic gas cookers are ignited with piezo-ignition, except that with gas cookers the volumes of butane and the exhaust gases involved are much larger).

Switch on

iolite?s flameless catalytic heater is activated by a piezo-electric system. Firstly switch on the on/off gas button. Then switch on the catalytic heater by slowly pushing the piezo switch forward. The sound of the gas flow changes to a mild ?roar? confirming your vapouriser is heating up. This usually happens on a first try, if by chance the piezo fails the first time; depress the switch again within 5 seconds.

As illustrated, an orange glow will also become visible after a few moments to confirm the vapouriser is heating up. It will disappear once the optimum controlled temperature is reached. This is because the iolite vapouriser is thermostatically controlled; ensuring the optimum temperature for herb vaporization and efficient use of both herbs and butane. Note that during its normal working cycle, the sound made by the vapouriser when ?On? is cut in and out by the thermostat.

Depending on your herbs allow at least 45 seconds for your iolite vapouriser to reach it?s controlled operational temperature of 190C before inhaling. This doesn?t necessarily mean herbs will release vapors after 45 seconds. You may have to wait a little longer. The length of time to release herbal vapors will ultimately depend on your herb type and its moisture content. 190C is the maximum temperature reached; so it is impossible for any combustion or burning to occur. When finished switch the unit off using the on/off gas button

What are the Allowable (Legal) Limits for CO?

Occupational Safety & Health Administration, USA (OSHA) (for industrial situations) - Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL, by TWA) - 50 ppm, 8 hrs.
Old PEL Standard (by TWA) - 35 ppm, 8 hrs.
Threshold Limit Value (TLV, by TWA) - 25 ppm (29 mg/cu. m) (recommended by American Conference of Governmental & Industrial Hygienists [ACGIH]; Ceiling (max. value, 15 min.) - 200 ppm (229 mg/cu. m))
Michigan Occupational Safety & Health Administration (MIOSHA) - PEL (Industry, by TWA) - 35 ppm, 8 hrs. (38.5 mg/cu. m); PEL (Construction, by TWA) - 50 ppm, 8 hrs. (55 mg/cu. m); Ceiling (max. value) - 200 ppm (229 mg/cu. m)
Environmental Protection Agency, USA (EPA) - Domestic, outdoor air, all ages (TWA) - 9 ppm*, 8 hrs., Domestic, outdoor air, all ages (TWA) - 35 ppm, 1 hr.
World Health Organization (WHO) - Domestic, outdoor air, all ages (TWA) - 9 ppm*, 8 hrs.
American Gas Association - Indoor air (leakage at a heat register) - 15 ppm
American Society of Heating, Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) - Indoor air (leakage at a heat register) - 9 ppm

TWA - Computed by making measurements at intervals over 8 hours, then adding the sums of the concentrations and the intervals, and dividing by 8 hours (480 min.).
Data Source: http://www.coheadquarters.com

Domestic gas cookers, with much larger volumes of butane been burned, are permitted and used widely around the world. Our product uses volumes that are extremely low compared to domestic gas powered cookers and gas powered domestic fires used for space heating in peoples homes.

Therefore to answer your question on Carbon Monoxide your tester showed your iolite to be giving off and considering the size of these units and the gas flow rate concerned which passes through a flameless catalytic heater. We would have to ask in terms of measuring the ppm levels,..

How was the concentration measured?
What type of equipment was used, make and model?
Have you calibration certificates and traceability?
Have you used a standardised test procedure (ISO etc.)?
How were the test volumes controlled and measured?
What was the test environment?
Was the person carrying out the test qualified to do so, qualified to draw such conclusions and qualified to publicise such conclusions on a public forum?

@ frogbmth

That picture of an iolite fitted with a mix?n?ball J adapter is very interesting. Is that adapter made out of plastic or aluminium? Also what do you mean by a tighter vape? Is it because the pressure drop increases and therefore harder to draw upon?

@ Progress

Progress said:
Picture a refillable butane canister about the size of a chapstick (that way one could buy a large canister of quality butane and bring just enough to fill the IoL a few times--it would fit nicely in the IoL case with the unit and ones herbs) :brow:..
That?s very nice idea but I don?t think we could foresee making such a device. We can?t see the enough quantities sold to make it cost effective especially with our standards that would need to be applied.

All the Best
The Team @ iolite
Am I the only one who found the answer about CO to be unacceptable? First off you say it uses considerably less than a space heater etc... that is fine but I think we as a consumer still have a right to now what level it gives off so we can make informed decisions. Unless I missed it I don't see where you once mentioned what the actual PPM of CO exposure is. This concerns me because you talked entirely around the issue which raises red flags in my mind. You put the burden of proof back on the consumer by asking about equipment used and certificates of calibration etc... fair enough the guy didn't know what he was doing we get it. On the same token you should be running these tests for yourselves to ensure you are selling a safe product. Your word alone just plain isnt good enough. It seems to be you don't honestly know what the PPM level is and that is irresponsible in my book. I love your product as it works very well but I for one will be curbing my use and not recommending this until you can give hard solid facts. I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but that explanation and your word alone just aren't good enough.

rukus13,

DeTerminator

-Hi Andy (Frogman),

Thanks for your tips!:)

I'm smoking my old pipe tobacco for now through my I-Inhale. I'll check out your link and see if I can get some good Shisha.

Later,

Kerry-

DeTerminator,

So now I guess I m allowed to come back to the CO issue..
First, I understand that the Iolate team agrees on the fact the Iolate does release an `unknown` amount of CO.
In your advertising/manual, you only mention water vapor though !

2/ the CO released by a vaporizer or anything else in my closed bedroom during one hour at night will certainly end up in my blood the next morning as for our blood, it is over 200 times easier to catch than the Oxygen.

3/ we vaporize because we think it s healthier and if the amount of carbon monoxide released by the Iolate during 20/30 minutes of use is far less than the burning of a cigarette, then it s good news for the Iolate Team. why don t you publish such a test?

4/ Now about your questions to 4:20:
``How was the concentration measured?
What type of equipment was used, make and model?
Have you calibration certificates and traceability?
Have you used a standardised test procedure (ISO etc.)?``
4:20 reply: I am a health conscious user, not your competitor willing to sue you for not telling that it does releases `some` Carbon monoxide beside of water . Testing is the manufacturer responsibility, not the user, you make money out of it, not me.
I paid over $200 for something that is supposed to be SAFE because I read it has been tested in some Irish universities and so on .
Don t you tell us now that the level of CO has not be measured yet? Why? Didn t you know that the product you make releases `some` CO?

the ABC of vaporizing:
a/ a good vaporizer must not burn your herbs ( your eyes are enough to judge this)
b/ a good vaporizer should release far less poisons than the combustion itself . What poison is the deadliest? Even my detractor wrote: ``we ALL know CO is a "dangerous" gas that can kill you, right?``
c/ and a good vaporizer is durable, easy to use/clean.

Yes Iolate team, 4:20 is pushing you to release a report telling us if the amount of CO released by the combustion of a cigarette is much more than 30 minutes of Vaping with the Iolate.
And if this report says it s far less than (the combustion of) a cigarette, it s all good for your company and sales.
If the Iolate does create more CO then , right, you will need a lot of energy and words to convince us to use it again.

HiC

Thanks 4:20 for calmly pushing this issue. I'm concerned about it too. I hope the Iolite team comes back with some real answers. Wasted post, I know, but I just wanted to show my support.

HiC,

rukus13

I'm not as much worried about being in a big room with the iolite but my concern is more for a closed space like in the car for instance. Concentrations there would run much higher and if that is a risk we should know about it so we can decide if it is worth it or not. The answer we got was the typical politician answer which tells me there is something to hide. I don't think they are knowingly selling this thing with high levels of CO but I think they just plain don't know what the concentration is. A much better answer would have been we don't know but we will do some testing and report back not the convoluted non answer that we got. We have been waiting a long time for an answer and I ordered mine giving them the benefit of the doubt. Confident they would come on here and say no guys its not a problem our testing shows x and z that is a defective unit. Instead we got an evasive answer reminiscent of the tobacco companies, just trust us its fine it won't hurt you. I'm disappointed and concerned now. :mad:

rukus13,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
4:20 - Even my detractor wrote: ``we ALL know CO is a "dangerous" gas that can kill you, right?``
How did I become your "detractor"? :lol:

I wholeheartedly support your efforts to conduct tests that may provide insight/information to all of us.

I mainly wanted you to give IoL a chance to respond before assuming what you detected to be the case with all units (thank you for trying to respect this).

I, too, am interested in some more concrete information in response to your initial question (I know that the amounts of butane used in the IoL are negligible in comparison to other devices, but am not certain that it is fair to compare due to usage differences).

4:20 - I am not trying to argue with anyone here, I only want to know: apart from what I put inside, how much CO is produce by the Iolite within 20 minutes of use. (quantity in mg) ?
PS: HiC, I know this is somewhat of a change of tune on my behalf, but I wouldn't worry about adding a 'useless post' (no one will notice if you poop out a pebble onto a mountain of shit). Look around, your post is much less "useless" than many others here, no? Even I have given up and decided to just leave it up to the mods to figure out.

Progress,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Let's loosen the tinfoil hats and look the facts here.

1) The iolite uses far less fuel (1g/hour) than butane burning devices that are approved for indoor use.
- It also processes it more completely with the catalytic process resulting in even less CO

2) The iolite exhausts for only for ~5 seconds every ~45 seconds
- ~1 minute during the initial heat up

3) The vapor path is completely sealed off from the exhaust

Unless you have your mouth wrapped around the exhaust port, taking one huge hit of exhaust for the entire 1 minute heat up time, where is the issue?

P.S. Please stay on topic here, feel free to make a new thread about vaporizing shisha or using humidipaks.

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
4:20...was it ever determined whether your unit is defective or not? If I recall correctly, you don't even get vapor from it, right?

I, for one, was not put off by the reply. It seems to me that the amount of CO in the unit to begin with, coupled by the amount it uses over time doesn't lead one to think testing is required, at least when using the health guidelines quoted.

stickstones,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I'd have too agree with Stickstones. Although CO is a concern. Given how this unit works, how often it actually does give of exhaust and the likes when it kicks in, and the environment you are using it in... I think you would have too be hiding locked inside a 50 gallon drum hitting this thing too be worried about any significant CO exposure...
Honestly I am exposed too far more CO from other things I work with on a day too day basis than anything I would expect from the Iolite (I am sure if I went around where I work with a CO testing Device I would probably more put off by my work environment than my vape)... so given the reply, I don't really have much a problem with this issue

DevoTheStrange,

max

Out to lunch
I think it's interesting that the people who are not accepting iolite's info on CO emissions, even saying the company is hiding something, have apparently fully accepted his info on the safety of the plastics used in the vape.

This company has been producing gas powered tools for many years. I think we have to either give them the benefit of the doubt that they know what they're doing, and CO levels are safe, or those who won't, can correspond with the company (info@my-iolite.com) until they're either satisfied, or not. If not, either sell your iolite or don't buy one. But if you want to go on a rant/vendetta against the company, don't do it here. And we're not going to tolerate endless debate and questions on the thread that should be directed to the company.

max,

Hi Max,
It is an endless debate for only because until I raise the question, they were openly hiding to all of you guys that it does release some CO and so far, I cannot accept nor deny iolite's info on CO emissions...they just don t mention it!
Yes they do manufacture tools since many years, not medical equipment .
I am disappointed by your irritation when health conscious/cancer patients deserve the right of being accurately acknowledged of the CO emissions in new product loudly advertise as the `` healthiest vaporizing experience of all portable herbal vaporizer on the market`-quote-` it expels the butane as harmless as water vapor``

Rule number 2 on this forum:
``do not state opinion as fact; we don't want to spread bad information.``
I hope that this rule applies to sellers/manufacturers too.

I repeat again: I am not in a rant/vendetta against that company and will stop posting when a real comparative test is published:
Operate the Iolate 30 minutes in a controlled environment and tell us in milligrams how much CO is released.
If the test is not given by the company itself (with the complete protocol including calibration certificates and traceability as suggested by the iolate team), then, Max, allow us to discuss the subject in the forum dedicated the the Iolate vaporizer. :peace:

max said:
I think it's interesting that the people who are not accepting iolite's info on CO emissions, even saying the company is hiding something, have apparently fully accepted his info on the safety of the plastics used in the vape.

This company has been producing gas powered tools for many years. I think we have to either give them the benefit of the doubt that they know what they're doing, and CO levels are safe, or those who won't, can correspond with the company (info@my-iolite.com) until they're either satisfied, or not. If not, either sell your iolite or don't buy one. But if you want to go on a rant/vendetta against the company, don't do it here. And we're not going to tolerate endless debate and questions on the thread that should be directed to the company.

Hi Stickstones,
I did get vapor out of it. In my firsts posts, I was asking if anyone else had tested the temperature as I measured lower temp than 190c before even filling it up with anything.
It takes some time, but it does releases vapor.
About the catalytic reaction, the CO is released each time the unit glows, When the tester is near and the Iolate glowing, it s over 200ppm . Whatever the amount of butane burned, 1g or 1pound, I measure high concentrations of CO near the unit. Iolate tells us that acceptable indoor CO levels are 9ppm and i read on my tester 200ppm near the unit during the whole session (of course that doesn t mean that the whole room is at 200ppm!). the Gas cooker example given by the iolate team doesn t help us. Why do they compare a catalytic reaction to a butane combustion ??
I don t say that the Iolate user will get ill and die, I conclude that we need a good comparative test like I mentioned countless times.
Iolate should have mentioned straight away that it releases some CO beside the water vapor.
Now that it s been so hard to make them declare/suggest that, after all it releases also some carbon monoxide, we all deserve to know how much. Telling it s `not that much` compared to such and such is not an answer. mg per x time of use. Hey, it might be 2mg or 200mg, I don t know and don t want anyone to `panic`.

stickstones said:
4:20...was it ever determined whether your unit is defective or not? If I recall correctly, you don't even get vapor from it, right?

I, for one, was not put off by the reply. It seems to me that the amount of CO in the unit to begin with, coupled by the amount it uses over time doesn't lead one to think testing is required, at least when using the health guidelines quoted.

rukus13

Tin foil hats? With all due respect what is the problem with wanting to know what we are inhaling is safe. I thinks it pretty wack you don't want this discussed on the boards. What is the point of having an open discussion if you only want to hear people nut hugging the manufacturers. Besides nobody is attacking the company at all. I think it is a brilliant even revolutionary product but I want to know that it is safe thats it plain and simple. I don't doubt that in an open space or even a room the levels are most likely small. Again though I use mine for example in the car frequently. I should be able to know what those levels are to decide if that is a good or bad idea. At a minimum should we not inhale while it is running. Comparing this to a space heater or a tool is apples to oranges. None of those are inches from your face when they are exhausting. A forest fire or a charcoal grill release alot more carcinogens than cigarettes as well but we know cigarattes will kill you. The difference is in concentration, and level of exposure. So while a space heater, which can and does from time to time malfunction and kill people, lets off more CO than this device as a whole you aren't exposed as closely or as frequently. I hope that the detractors are right and they well may be but I for one want to know as this is easily tested. I don't think its asking for to much and I don't think it warrants the tin hat analogy either. As for directing this directly at the company well they have been elusive in answering so what good does that do. By discussing publicly there is some pressure to do something about it. I won't clutter up the board and keep repeating the same crap over and over as I can see how that gets old. I don't though think we are over reacting and hope that iolite does the right thing and puts our concerns to rest as this is a potential problem only with their product unlike the plastic which has been debated to death and their is plenty of info to make an informed decision.

rukus13,

max

Out to lunch
4:20 said:
Hi Max,
It is an endless debate for only because until I raise the question, they were openly hiding to all of you guys that it does release some CO and so far, I cannot accept nor deny iolite's info on CO emissions...they just don t mention it!
Yes they do manufacture tools since many years, not medical equipment .
I am disappointed by your irritation when health conscious/cancer patients deserve the right of being accurately acknowledged of the CO emissions in new product loudly advertise as the `` healthiest vaporizing experience of all portable herbal vaporizer on the market`-quote-` it expels the butane as harmless as water vapor``

Rule number 2 on this forum:
``do not state opinion as fact; we don't want to spread bad information.``
I hope that this rule applies to sellers/manufacturers too.

I repeat again: I am not in a rant/vendetta against that company and will stop posting when a real comparative test is published:
Operate the Iolate 30 minutes in a controlled environment and tell us in milligrams how much CO is released.
If the test is not given by the company itself (with the complete protocol including calibration certificates and traceability as suggested by the iolate team), then, Max, allow us to discuss the subject in the forum dedicated the the Iolate vaporizer. :peace:
So how do you plan to accomplish your goal of getting the info you want? What's your next step? What do you want to discuss that hasn't already been said? We don't have a problem with you getting the answers you want, but we may have a problem with your intended method of getting them. ;)

As for your requested test, it's pretty vague. What kind of environment? How large of a room? What volume of air circulation per minute would suit you? How much CO is released in 30 min. has to be weighed against these kinds of factors in order to be meaningful. And I can see arguments going on for quite a while about the parameters of such a test, as to what's meaningful and what's not, and the comparison basis for the actual numbers.

And wouldn't you want to know how much CO is released by the vaporizing process in other vapes? Vaporization itself produces CO if the temp is high enough to deliver THC. Might not even need to get that high. And the level of CO, as well as that of other toxins, increases as the temp rises. Much higher levels are reached with combustion of course. And are any of these CO levels meaningful as far as health, compared to standing in back of a truck or classic car (no catalytic converter) for a few minutes? :hmm: :shrug: It's all relative, and if you had enough interested parties, you could end up with a 100 page thread on it, and still have plenty of disagreement after that.

max,
Top Bottom