DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
after having my iolite for a little over a month... finally got though my first can of butane (would have happened sooner if I wasnt using my can at work as well...) Love this thing. it is in heavy rotation along with my extreme and vaporstar (my other vapes get neglected compare too these three), cleaning the oils that gather in the chamber of the unit is the only gripe I have, and since that is the only one... this product is definitely top notch in my book.

DevoTheStrange,

reece

zombonaut said:
I have a warranty issue. My heating pin became stripped when cleaning the device. I emailed the "general inquiries" address on the iolite site a month or 2 ago and have heard no response.

Does anyone have a customer service contact for Ioilte. I would really like to get this taken care of but can't seen to get a response from the company.

Thanks,

Jeff
Where did you buy it? Mine stopped working after 1 month and the online store I purchased it from talked me through some trouble shooting, and when nothing worked they sent me another unit.

reece,

max

Out to lunch
reece said:
zombonaut said:
I have a warranty issue. My heating pin became stripped when cleaning the device. I emailed the "general inquiries" address on the iolite site a month or 2 ago and have heard no response.

Does anyone have a customer service contact for Ioilte. I would really like to get this taken care of but can't seen to get a response from the company.

Thanks,

Jeff
Where did you buy it? Mine stopped working after 1 month and the online store I purchased it from talked me through some trouble shooting, and when nothing worked they sent me another unit.
Where did you buy yours? Replacement from a reseller/dealer is unusual and deserves a high five and some free advertising. :)

max,

reece

max said:
reece said:
zombonaut said:

Thanks,

Jeff
Where did you buy yours? Replacement from a reseller/dealer is unusual and deserves a high five and some free advertising. :)
Gotvapedotcom. They were very cool. They even sent the replacement before they received the damaged unit (had to email the tracking number). It is my second vaporizer. The first is a supreme, which I love, but it doesn't compare to the convenience of the iolite. The supreme will make a great back-up though. Although, I may also have to get one of them thar magic box thingys for on-the-go stealth.

reece,

marcuss

above the clouds
Ciao Reece and welcome!
Feel free to start a new thread about the supreme if you have the time...we need some first hand impressions about this niche vape!

marcuss,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
so im going to chicago towards the end of the month, how should i go about purging the butane from my unit? At first i though leave it on for awhile until it runs out but then i thought about releasing it through the fill nipple. suggestions?

illadelph,

max

Out to lunch
Use the brass tool to depress the fill valve and empty the chamber.

max,

lwien

Yay !! I just won an Iolite. :D

So I gotta question. How efficient is it compared to a PD? I can get 3 to 4 hits off of one 0.025g PD bowl. How does the Iolite compare?

lwien,

max

Out to lunch
Congrats on the free iolite lwien. :tup: IMO, the iolite is more like a standard size vape as far as efficiency. The bowl capacity is about 10-20 times more than the PD. Like any vape, you can load a very small amount, but if you load your .025g PD amount, you won't get the same size hit as you do from the PD. You'll have to go more on 'effect' than seeing and feeling the vapor. But it's easy to use and hard to beat for stealth.

max,

UrDoinItWrong

I got my iolite yesterday and it seems to not be working right. On start-up, it doesn't just glow and "whoosh", it pulses and the light dims and brightens drastically, as does the noise. At this point a foul odor also blasts from the area, way stronger than my roomates or my buddies...which also exhibit none of these traits. My roommate says that his sooooometimes pulses, but never like mine does, not even close. After the initial warm up phase it seems to "work" but not nearly as well as my 2 friend's iolites. I'm going to see if deisel vapors will do a return or exchange, this sucks. this type of shit always happens to me, whenever I buy anything expensive I ALWAYS FUCKING GET DEFECTIVE SHIT. fucking a.

UrDoinItWrong,
hi UDIW you can try purging the butane tank then refilling. mine plays up like that sometimes and that seems to do the trick

thevapedcrusader,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
thevapedcrusader said:
hi UDIW you can try purging the butane tank then refilling. mine plays up like that sometimes and that seems to do the trick
I was about to post the same thing. I have a newer unit that did this two nights ago. I released all the butane and refilled and it worked no problem. This same unit also refused to work altogether about three weeks ago. I went to release the butane and got just a little pocket of air...then refilled and it worked no problems.

stickstones,

marcuss

above the clouds
UDiW First relax and stay calm....If you bought your unit from a serious shop and it is really defective simply return it to the seller for a new unit...sometimes this pulsing noise happens to mine aswell but i don't see any problem with the unit...it works like a bomb!

Please report us how you solved your issue!

marcuss,

UrDoinItWrong

Word guys, I did purge the tank even upon the first filling, still got those weird results. I'm going to try to run some more fuel through it (5X refined) to see if it smooths out the operation. I'm sure Diesel Vapors will handle my issue, I just didn't want to have to deal with any crap like this. I'm jealous of my roommate and buddy who's new iolites work beautifully, lol. What really worries me is the extra foul odor mine emits when it pulses on startup, it really smells like something is getting out that shouldn't. Even when I smell my buddies on startup...again nothing like mine. Oh well, shit happens! I'm sure I'll have it resolved soon. Thanks for the advice guys! :)

UrDoinItWrong,

max

Out to lunch
marcuss said:
If you bought your unit from a serious shop and it is really defective simply return it to the seller for a new unit
Easier to do in Europe and the UK than in the US marcuss. You have laws that require sellers to replace defective units. Over here we don't have that protection and often get the runaround from resellers, who tell customers to contact the manufacturer about problems.

Somebody here did recently get a new iolite replacement from Gotvape. I don't know how other online dealers are responding to buyers with defective units.

max,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
UrDoinItWrong said:
Word guys, I did purge the tank even upon the first filling, still got those weird results. I'm going to try to run some more fuel through it (5X refined) to see if it smooths out the operation. I'm sure Diesel Vapors will handle my issue, I just didn't want to have to deal with any crap like this. I'm jealous of my roommate and buddy who's new iolites work beautifully, lol. What really worries me is the extra foul odor mine emits when it pulses on startup, it really smells like something is getting out that shouldn't. Even when I smell my buddies on startup...again nothing like mine. Oh well, shit happens! I'm sure I'll have it resolved soon. Thanks for the advice guys! :)
It doesn't sound like this is what you mean, but the II, when initially fired up, smells more like my weed than any other vape I own.

stickstones,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
UrDoinItWrong said:
I got my iolite yesterday and it seems to not be working right. On start-up, it doesn't just glow and "whoosh", it pulses and the light dims and brightens drastically, as does the noise. At this point a foul odor also blasts from the area, way stronger than my roomates or my buddies...which also exhibit none of these traits. My roommate says that his sooooometimes pulses, but never like mine does, not even close. After the initial warm up phase it seems to "work" but not nearly as well as my 2 friend's iolites. I'm going to see if deisel vapors will do a return or exchange, this sucks. this type of shit always happens to me, whenever I buy anything expensive I ALWAYS FUCKING GET DEFECTIVE SHIT. fucking a.
My iolite would pulse and make weird noises when I got it, but I found this was due too me putting extremely crappy Butane in it... you could even smell it as it was trying too start... after I purged it and started using a higher quality, took a few runs, but eventually it started with no problems after I got all the impurities from the first fill out.
I had the same problem and this worked for me... what kind of Butane are you using

DevoTheStrange,

UrDoinItWrong

Vector QUINTUPLE refined haha, from the first fill. Maybe I just got some manufacturing gunk I gotta burn outta there, who knows. I'm sure either the distributer, O+B, or maybe a few more cycles may solve this problem for me.

UrDoinItWrong,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
yeah that is what I am using now... i had originally filled it with ronson because I couldnt find any good butane and immediately regretted it. now nothing but super refined for me....
my iolite seems too work much more efficiently now than the first week I had it.
one of my friends got a display model from a shop here and they had been using crap butane in it, and it took him a week or so for it too heat consistently after buying it.

DevoTheStrange,

marcuss

above the clouds
max said:
marcuss said:
If you bought your unit from a serious shop and it is really defective simply return it to the seller for a new unit
Easier to do in Europe and the UK than in the US marcuss. You have laws that require sellers to replace defective units. Over here we don't have that protection and often get the runaround from resellers, who tell customers to contact the manufacturer about problems.

Somebody here did recently get a new iolite replacement from Gotvape. I don't know how other online dealers are responding to buyers with defective units.
mmm...i suppose it was a international law...here you got the right to be totally refound within 10 days from your purchase also if the item is perfect but you don't like it anymore!
Anyway this could be a test to see how one of our US sponsors deal with this kind of issue ;)

marcuss,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
i got my II locally from diesel. seems like a great guy and im sure he will handle the issue. in other news, it seems my unit doesnt initially gas up once i turn it to 1. maybe ill try completely purging it. other than that, this unit give me some solid, visible hits that shred me after the unit has been on for a good amount of heat cycles. the only thing that bother my girl is the hot vapor issue without using the extended tubing. i have no problem with this.

illadelph,

HiC

UrDoinItWrong said:
No, the odor I get smells like strong car exhaust, lol.
I didn't experience that but when mine was new it would smell sorta like rotten eggs when I first started it up. It doesn't seem to do that anymore now and I still use same type if butane. I use a brand called Neon that I get it for $3 at the local smoke shop. I'm gonna try a higher quality brand once this can runs out to see if it makes any difference.

HiC,

UrDoinItWrong

I've been running continuous start-up cycles and it seems to run increasingly smoother with every cycle (hope I'm not speaking too soon). Perhaps there is some manufacturing oils that are in/on the butane valve/tank and they need to burn/purge out. This would also explain how many people seem to have experienced stuttering when their iolite was new, but it fades. Maybe I got one with a bit more starter "gunk" in it, haha. At any rate, Diesel Vapors said they would take care of it, but I'm going to troubleshoot it a bit more to see if I can just get this one working optimally. When it's not pulsing I don't get the foul smell, which also makes me think it could be burning bits of oil when it stutters and pulses. I'm just gonna' keep running fuel through it as long as it keeps improving, word.

UrDoinItWrong,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
well my iolite stopped working today... I turn the on switch on and you cannot even hear any gas flow. I've emptied the tank completely and refilled it... it still wont work, any ideas?

DevoTheStrange,
Top Bottom