Discontinued Inhalater XP

TheCookieKing,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Sorry for the double post, but I feel like this one requires it's own post.

So someone on Reddit's Trees section brought up this controversial topic:

http://www.reddit.com/r/trees/comments/18nk52/why_i_believe_vaporizing_can_be_more_dangerous/

Apparently the Inhalater also uses this ceramic element in terms of heating? At the very least its name was brought up as one.

Makes me paranoid about my new device coming in the mail :|

You should read more here. The post is either ignorantly or deliberately full of half-true statements, misleading speculation, and unjustified false conclusions. The responses are even more laughable in their ignorance.

A lot of vapourizers use the same class of ceramic heating element but it's nowhere near 99%, so right away he starts with exaggeration. I have four different vapourizers within arm's reach and none of them have a ceramic heating element.

He claims there are zero health benefits from vapourizing, which is so ridiculous it's hard to know where to start.

He says that since none of them are approved by the FDA they can make whatever claims they want, which is complete nonsense.

He makes claims about the safety of long-term use based on talking to the company that makes the ceramic heating element for "almost every major brand blow dryer, heat gun, and soldering iron sold in the US." Given the reliability of his other claims, I don't see why we should trust his word on what they told him, which quite frankly seems hard to believe. If the ceramic elements crack that quickly (6 months to a year) then I'd think somebody here would have noticed. Perhaps we've all been snoozing, but I really don't think so.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I will let you know when I boil it what happens....Teflon should be ok in boiling water. Now if it takes off the black on the poly we are in great shape but only testing will tell.

JCat

Accessory Maker
The white part in the capsule and in the apparatus is Teflon.

There is no ceramic in the Inhalater
Thanks for the answer! Just curious ... not specific to the Inhalater but just more of a general question relating to Teflon ... Teflon coatings used in T-Fal pans for instance are dangerous to your health once they start flaking ... but the Teflon in vapes is more of a plastic type material and I was wondering what the dangers were if any in relation to Teflon used this way and if any special care has to be made while handling it to keep it safe ... ie. will scratching it damage it or make it unsafe? Will other things done to it make it unsafe? (I'm pretty sure it's a really safe material used in this form based on its usage in other vapes and areas ... but just curious)

Thanks!

JCat,

LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
The Teflon (or PTFE) starts to emit toxic products past 230°C.... in the XP, the exposure to heat should not past the middle (125°C) ;)

For the ceramic, there is also several manufacturers, I bought 2 ceramics (to make DIY SSV !), but.... made in Japan (gekko) ! Japanese quality controls has nothing to do with Chinese quality controls !

To return to the XP topic, I've again problems with it (late yesterday afternoon it worked very well) ... So I concluded that my XP has some internal problems ..... it can happens to everyone, this time it happened to me !
But I prefer to know that my XP has a problem, rather than thinking that it is a very average vaporizer !!! :)

JoeKickass

To return to the XP topic, I've again problems with it (late yesterday afternoon it worked very well) ... So I concluded that my XP has some internal problems ..... it can happens to everyone, this time it happened to me !
But I prefer to know that my XP has a problem, rather than thinking that it is a very average vaporizer !!! :)

Sorry to hear that, but you're right, I'm sure when you get a properly working one in your hands it shouldn't disappoint!

JoeKickass,
Reactions: LeTchen

LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
Letchen what problems are u having?

No vapor at all and mouth too hot, I just made a vid' for Greg to show him a session (without vapor !!!)...... But I had a normal good session one time yesterday :D (only this one !) so I know there is a problem..... and it's not me that I have to learn a vape or vaping :lol:
I wait to Greg will see the vid' and I think he asks me to return the XP

natural farmer

No vapor at all and mouth too hot, I just made a vid' for Greg to show him a session (without vapor !!!)...... But I had a normal good session one time yesterday :D (only this one !) so I know there is a problem..... and it's not me that I have to learn a vape or vaping :lol:
I wait to Greg will see the vid' and I think he asks me to return the XP
Mate ,I believe it could be the polyimide tube deforming if you put it in to much... Try not pushing it hard maybe. Same thing had happened to the first INH a friend of mine. It blocks the airflow and leads to overheating.

natural farmer,
Reactions: JoeKickass

Zappa

KR
He is legit, I got my xp from him early and its going strong still.

I too ordered this weekend from the same guy i assume. Just happen i decided to order during the Planet Vape shutdown. After a few messages back and forth, i felt comfortable enough to order. He claims to be located just minutes from Pharmacor Tech.,and picks them up directly from them after orders are placed. I sure hope your correct Sonic, because Patience is not a virtue i Possess unfortunately. :)

Zappa,
Reactions: Vapzilla

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Replacement XP arrived yesterday. Didn't check the mail till an hour ago. It arrived fully charged. burned it in on MAX for 3 cycles during lunch and then just ran 1 capsule twice through the small 4 arm tree bubbler. Nice big free flowing cloud production. This one heats up the fastest so far it seems. There was no sticker's between the insulator rings (unlike previous) units which I think is good as they are the hardest to remove. Stickers are gone.

Capsule fitment is perfect. pops in and out cold and hot so far and has the same fit and feel as the original INH. The capsule has the that click where it pops into place perfectly.

Lets hope this unit is reliable. So far it performs as well as the last XP (RIP) and clearly exceeds the non XP version in the airflow dept. It also heats much faster than my original unit. This one heats to Nine with no load in ~39 seconds.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
How much was shipping back to Canada and how long did it take?

Dreamerr,

Sonics420

Quick update for everyone, the XP is my main vape now, the solo and pax are probably used like 4-5 times a week. My XP is just so much better in almost every aspect than the solo and pax..If I could, I would really trade my solo or Pax for another XP.

Also I cleaned up my capsules in a iso bath, I am pretty amazed that the capsule came out looking new, not the cleanness of it.. but the shape of the capsule is a full circle again instead of looking all crushed and dented in.

Also love the fact that it fits onto all my water pieces without having to buy any extra tubing, rubber gromets ect..

Man I should of bought mine from the guy on ebay like you did sonic... This is taking forever for mine to get here. It hasn't even shipped yet afaik. And PV hasn't logged on since I messaged them Friday so :(

TheCookieKing,

Hoops

Man I should of bought mine from the guy on ebay like you did sonic... This is taking forever for mine to get here. It hasn't even shipped yet afaik. And PV hasn't logged on since I messaged them Friday so

I was in the same boat Cookie, but I msg'ed PlanetVape through this forum and received a tracking number from last week. They did get most of the pre-order's out, but not everyone received tracking before their system went down as scheduled. My tracking shows I should receive my XP in the states tomorrow, 2/19.

If you email the PV website directly, you will not receive a response until their systems are put back online, try a polite PM here in FC. I received a response with shipping details wtihin 24hrs as others have suggested.

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
it was my understanding that Pharmacor found a few issues in some of the early units they shipped out that they have corrected since then. the ones that went to PV IIRC are the newer ones with the "bugs" ironed out. do you think this ebay seller has the units with the possibility for "bugs"??

I was in the same boat Cookie, but I msg'ed PlanetVape through this forum and received a tracking number from last week. They did get most of the pre-order's out, but not everyone received tracking before their system went down as scheduled. My tracking shows I should receive my XP in the states tomorrow, 2/19.

If you email the PV website directly, you will not receive a response until their systems are put back online, try a polite PM here in FC. I received a response with shipping details wtihin 24hrs as others have suggested.

Yeah I messaged them here on friday after hearing a few people say stuff like this but they haven't logged in since then. Hopefully mine was shipped out though haha

TheCookieKing,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I went through PV simply because I know they will take care of me if my XP has any issues. Also they offer a nice 10% FC discount and free ship. I know we have to wait another week or so to find out what is going on with stock, but to me it's worth it to know PV will have my back if there are any problems. I suppose you can go through Pharmacor if you buy through ebay and get a problem??

Top Bottom