Discontinued Inhalater XP

Tweek

I am always scared of the day when I would have no access to electricity... Back to combustion? Bleah... :puke: Always in my mind to get a VG again someday...

Trust me...the day that happens, there will be worse things to worry about than how to smoke your herb.

Tweek,
Reactions: ugobo

PAZ

Ok, so keep in mind this is my first vape, and the only other vape i've tried was the Volcano, but i've been blown away with it's performance so far. Took it over to my friends who combusts, went out into the Park and just set it to 7, took about 30 seconds to warm up. First hit was dense and so much more tasteful than bags. My friend was in awe of the vape, he couldn't believe the taste and dense clouds. He also smokes about 2-3 times daily, so he has a fairly high tolerance.

All I have to say, damn this thing is efficient. Took out the capsule, and it's barely browned. Found it easy to take out the capsule, just pull gently and if it doesn't come out turn it a tiny bit. Putting it in again no problems, you push it gently and theres a slight click. No way the capsule is coming loose unless you pull it out.

Dial theres absolutely no problem, I don't see it ever turning on in my pocket by itself unless I had to reach in it and put some force on the knob.

Stickers are meh and peeling off a tiny bit, but I plan to try to do the carbon fiber eventually so not a big deal.

I don't think anything is easier to use than this. Turn it on, wait 30 seconds, inhale. Even a very light draw you get dense clouds at 7.

What else... both of us found the tip completely fine without the hygenic mouthpiece. It was a bit warm, but nothing scalding and I don't see it ever burning my lips. I took Vito's advice, bought the Doob tubes from PV and cut them, makes for the perfect pre-loaded capsule tube. Fits snugly so nothing will fill out of the loaded capsule, but it protects it so theres no risk of damaging the polymide.

For those trying to get off of Combustion, i'll say this. Just as dense of clouds, absolutely no coughing (I coughed almost everytime combusting), taste is amazing, and way more efficient. Fits in the pocket easily and lightweight. I honestly can't name a negative thing about it besides the sticker.

I will admit that the revealing was a bit of a letdown. The hygenic mouthpieces are just bulk medical grade plastic tubes lobed off unevenly (got a piece with part of the bulk writing on it), and instead of straight tubes like I was expecting, it was a bit deformed. They also weren't 2 inches either, was only about 1 1/4".

billulsund

Thanks for the review. I really hope to find my XP in the mail any day now. I dont understand why everyone keeps talking about carrying around a bunch of pre-filled capsules. With my INH004 I just pre-grind a bunch of herb and put it into a small container. When I am ready to vape I pull out the capsule, put it in my mouth, suck the pre-ground herb up into it, then put it back in the INH and start vaping. When its done I pull it out and blow out the ABV. I will often quickly re-load it at the end of my session so that it's ready to go for next time. It is so easy to just suck the herb into the capsule and then blow it back out that it seems like it would just be a waste of time to pre-fill a bunch of capsules. I also dont like the idea of carrying extra stuff around with me. All I have to carry is the INH and my herb container.

As far as the sticker goes, my INH004 was peeling too, but I wanted it to look more stealthy so before peeling off the sticker on the knob I took a drill bit and carefully drilled small indentations on the knob at 0, 2.5, 5, 7.5, and 10. Then I just peeled the sticker off and was left with several small dimples on the knob that let me know what temp I am at. Of course I will typically just crank it up to 10 and hit it through my bong so for me it wouldn't even matter if there was no numbers or dimples at all. With my XP I am thinking of doing the same dimple thing, but putting 1 dimple at 0, 2 dimples at 2.5, 3 dimples at 5, etc... That way it is more obvious at a glance which temperature setting I am on. I will post up some pics later so you can see what I'm talking about.

tikimaize

Big Rigger Approved!
Did you do this before or after their website said it was shipping? Mine still says its been Processed but thats it :(
I contacted them after the site was down. (Wednesday) Mine said the same thing. PV told me they did not get all the tracking numbers out after it went down. They appologised to me as well.

tikimaize,

billulsund

I contacted them after the site was down. (Wednesday) Mine said the same thing. PV told me they did not get all the tracking numbers out after it went down. They appologised to me as well.

Which carrier did they use to ship it?

billulsund,

ugobo

Thanks for the review. I really hope to find my XP in the mail any day now. I dont understand why everyone keeps talking about carrying around a bunch of pre-filled capsules. With my INH004 I just pre-grind a bunch of herb and put it into a small container. When I am ready to vape I pull out the capsule, put it in my mouth, suck the pre-ground herb up into it, then put it back in the INH and start vaping. When its done I pull it out and blow out the ABV. I will often quickly re-load it at the end of my session so that it's ready to go for next time. It is so easy to just suck the herb into the capsule and then blow it back out that it seems like it would just be a waste of time to pre-fill a bunch of capsules. I also dont like the idea of carrying extra stuff around with me. All I have to carry is the INH and my herb container.

As far as the sticker goes, my INH004 was peeling too, but I wanted it to look more stealthy so before peeling off the sticker on the knob I took a drill bit and carefully drilled small indentations on the knob at 0, 2.5, 5, 7.5, and 10. Then I just peeled the sticker off and was left with several small dimples on the knob that let me know what temp I am at. Of course I will typically just crank it up to 10 and hit it through my bong so for me it wouldn't even matter if there was no numbers or dimples at all. With my XP I am thinking of doing the same dimple thing, but putting 1 dimple at 0, 2 dimples at 2.5, 3 dimples at 5, etc... That way it is more obvious at a glance which temperature setting I am on. I will post up some pics later so you can see what I'm talking about.

Thanks for the tips!

ugobo,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Natural Farmer,

What about a bi-energy (Vista!) version? Perhaps THAT might render the capsules even more attractive...

Could you see any possible way to implement this in the current design though?

No, first we'd need to get a proper understanding of how the INH001 and INH004/XP are built. Yet there's a niche which the Supreme could occupy and now it's vacant...

:peace:

Egzoset,

Inhalater

Manufacturer
We will change stickers! Source of the problem is the brushed aluminum with protection coating. This make the sticker stiff and peeling. All color units will be on regular vinyl.

There are no theretical problem to boiling the capsules. Keep us posted on the results.

When the heating chamber of the Inhalater can't be cleaned anymore; it is time to send the unit to factory for service repair.

The capsule case is expected to lodge 12 capsules. This should be released around the same time as disposable capsules.

Solar panel chargers are available with USB micro. If society run amuk and electricity is down, we can still run our Inhalaters lol :-)

LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
We will change stickers! Source of the problem is the brushed aluminum with protection coating. This make the sticker stiff and peeling. All color units will be on regular vinyl.
Sorry, but the first thing I did when I received it yesterday is to peel and discard this horrible thing !

There are no theretical problem to boiling the capsules. Keep us posted on the results.

Sorry again to be so critical, but can't you test that at Pharmacor ?! We can find water everywhere !

When the heating chamber of the Inhalater can't be cleaned anymore; it is time to send the unit to factory for service repair.

Service repair just for cleaning it ? :huh:

Edit :
Sorry but I'm very disappointed about this XP.... I found that the taste is only present in 2/3 first puffs, vapor is hot and burns the lips directly using the tip...
I made a comparison with the Solo for a same quantity of same material :

-SOLO : at 4, 12 good puffs, then at 6, 6 good puffs : total 18 puffs (good puffs !)
-XP : at 7, 1 good puff and 4 more (but light), then at 9, 8 puffs (between good and light !) : total 13 puffs
And the ABV was more dark after session with the XP !

Someone else had made the same comparison with the Solo ?

Or my XP have a problem......

LeTchen,

natural farmer

Sorry again to be so critical, but can't you test that at Pharmacor ?! We can find water everywhere ! Service repair just for cleaning it ? :huh:
Hey mate, I wouldn't boil a capsule as is in fear of the delrin plastic sticking at the base of the pan but every time I take mine out of the ISO wash container I just fire up the boiler and pour about a litre of boiling hot water at a slow pace and it is the same as boiling actually. Don't expect the burnt/black resin accumulated on the walls of the poly clean with boiling or anything actually. The progressively become one with the polyimide unfortunately...
As for repairing it when in need of serious cleaning, it is one of the drawbacks of such a compact and efficient design I guess... I wish they find a way to make the heating chamber user repairable in the future but until then if you do some routine cleaning, which is dead simple, you won't be needing to send anything back to Pharmacor for a couple of years so why get anxious about it... We should be the owners of a INH 005 by then! :lol:

natural farmer,
Reactions: JoeKickass

Inhalater

Manufacturer
With the Inhalater cleaning kit: including; cleaning alcool, cleaning brush, Filter extraction tool, Q tips, new filters for heating chamber and capsules, hygienic tips and instruction guide, you have everything to make you unit work perfectly for years.

If you would ever want to have your unit rebuilt to factory specs; the option is available.

Regarding capsules boiling; there are so many experiments to be made... we can't keep up. It's great to have direct feedback.

natural farmer

Sorry but I'm very disappointed about this XP.... I found that the taste is only present in 2/3 first puffs, vapor is hot and burns the lips directly using the tip...
I made a comparison with the Solo for a same quantity of same material :

-SOLO : at 4, 12 good puffs, then at 6, 6 good puffs : total 18 puffs (good puffs !)
-XP : at 7, 1 good puff and 4 more (but light), then at 9, 8 puffs (between good and light !) : total 13 puffs
And the ABV was more dark after session with the XP !

Someone else had made the same comparison with the Solo ?

Or my XP have a problem......

Sorry mate but you are comparing apples and oranges here... Obviously you start INH at a higher temp than you do with the Solo and subsequently you get less hits, the taste lasts for less, the ABV comes darker etc, etc... And are you doing the puffs through glass so your eyes can be a good judge or you rely on what you exhale? You need some more time learning this vape IMHO. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Also bare in mind that even with the tip the distance the vapour travels is shorter with the INH and the airflow is higher so you should adjust your draw accordingly to avoid burnt lips and throat... Lower temps, slower draw and you got it. I believe you probably won't have to go above 6-7 for direct hitting and you'll get more puffs for sure out of 0.2grams.

LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
I had tried lowest temperature but just taste, no vapor until 6/7....... but I will try again, these are just my first impressions, and I'm stubborn !
For the temperature, in the Solo 4 is 383°F and the XP on 7 is 356°F !
I finished on the Solo at 6 (401°F) and 9 (381°F) on the XP....... so the XP temp was lower than the Solo.......
But as most people seem happy with XP, and I'm not a novice in vaporization, I was told that my XP can have a problem ... Besides, if I go to 10 the green light flashes quickly abnormally ...

And yes, I do it both through glass

LeTchen,

Inhalater

Manufacturer
The green pulse flashing light is the Automatic mode to be used with natural tobacco. This temperature is lower than the lowest temperature on the turndial. Absolute maximum is located just beside to automatic mode

natural farmer

I had tried lowest temperature but just taste, no vapor until 6/7....... but I will try again, these are just my first impressions, and I'm stubborn !
For the temperature, in the Solo 4 is 383°F and the XP on 7 is 356°F !
I finished on the Solo at 6 (401°F) and 9 (381°F) on the XP....... so the XP temp was lower than the Solo.......
But as most people seem happy with XP, and I'm not a novice in vaporization, I was told that my XP can have a problem ... Besides, if I go to 10 the green light flashes quickly abnormally ...

And yes, I do it both through glass

The stated temps are not "real" load temps and should be taken only as a guide as many posts in the past have proved again and again so adjust your draw, go slower and give it some time... I find myself learning a vape all over again after months of use thanks to a "moment's" revelation while being medicated. Same happened with the INH when I couldn't straight hit it in the beginning like you due to the high airflow compared to my Solo... It will grow on you. Hang on there. With the Solo I drew hard. The INH needs a gentle draw instead.

natural farmer,
Reactions: LeTchen

simmy

I really wish they would look into this capsule issue but they are saying these are fine. I think I will do what simmy did and only put it part way in.

I started putting mine all the way in out of concern that not giving them that extra nudge was resulting in less even vaping and/or bud touching the heating chamber directly. I do not know that either of these was happening, I just deduced that it would. Since putting them in all the way, I've only pulled out the chamber when it was hot, and slowly twisted it out, both of which were suggested in the other thread. I think the big reason my first one got very stuck is I didn't even think of heating it up first. When hot apparently it's much easier to take out, and so far that seems true to me.

simmy,
Reactions: Dreamerr

LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
Strange thing ! I just tried now, beginning at 4, and all was good (taste and vapor) !! As I wrote to Greg, yesterday and this morning we were (2 testers) disappointed, and now all seems good (and the XP was fully charged yesterday) :shrug:...... so I just asked to Greg if the Inhalater needs a "rodage" (en français !) !!!!

So now, since about one hour, we two testers are happy !!! :D

Sorry for the first bad review ! But it was something wrong with the XP.... and now all is right !!!! :D :cheers:

JoeKickass

I just tried now, beginning at 4, and all was good (taste and vapor) !
Did you draw any differently? Or let it heat up more?

I'm glad you got results but I'd feel better if it was your technique, otherwise your XP might have an unpredictable malfunction?

JoeKickass,

LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
Did you draw any differently? Or let it heat up more?

I'm glad you got results but I'd feel better if it was your technique, otherwise your XP might have an unpredictable malfunction?

I do the same all time (except temp)..... possible malfunction, I hope it don't will do this again.....

LeTchen,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I do the same all time (except temp)..... possible malfunction, I hope it don't will do this again.....
Might not be the case here but I have found that new batteries can have a weak initial discharge.
Once cycled a couple times feel better? Just a thought.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
NF there is no issue with boiling derilin. I did it with the smooth flow finally and was very impressed with the non smell when it was done. I definitely will do a capsule and see what happens. I was more worried about the white part since I am not sure what it is. It might be ceramic and if it is it is all good. The poly may come off the derilin but we will see. Never fear I am here for this experiment since the capsule is really dry at this point and getting hard to put in and out. It was actually at an angle the other day between the poly and derilin...it was starting to separate. I put it back in the INH and heated it and gave the top a little push and it fixed it but who know how long.

Lechen learn your machine. I have never gotten hot lips even with no tip. I don't use water and use my INH between 3 and 4. I can run a capsule twice if I feel like it. I haven't much lately but have the option. I get around 18 hits or so in the 12 mins or is it 10 I have in the old unit. I am not one to wait in between hits to long since I take small hits at a time. Just think chain smoker.

KRnoS

So I have been on the fence between this or the Thermovape Cera to replace my Pax. As much as I love the small portability of it, the high maintenance and how much it smells (compared to my MFLB) makes me want to get rid of it.

I knew Planet Vape won't be back for another week and I got impatient. Found a seller on Ebay that had the Inhalater XP in stock (I still think he has a few left) and placed my order in. Hopefully it's not a restickered INH004 or something :p

KRnoS,
Top Bottom