Discontinued Inhalater XP

overvaped

Vapor evangelist
Hi,
I am also very interested in glass/quarz/ss capsules.
I do not want to imply anything about poly, but I just don like it. With other material, I would already have bought my INH.
I had been thinking about this issue and so I am glad to see I am not the only one; there are also posts in this sense in the pinnacle thread ... so maybe the manufacturer and/or PV can be interested in the business...that would be nice!

In the meanwhile, I have a suggestion, could we use something similar to this?:
About this particular material, in their web they state

This material is watertight, is dishwasher safe, not recyclable, and not foodsafe. It is heatproof to 831C/1528F degrees. Higher temperatures may significantly change material properties.
A capsule seems an easy 3D model. If we can find a suitable material we can make it ourselves.

So, what do you think?

PS: Some extra info, maybe useful but not really sure :huh:
http://www.makeitfrom.com/compare-materials/?A=3D-Printing-Steel&B=Crystalline-Alpha-Quartz

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Hands up all those who think Pharmacor didn't consider stainless steel or glass before making their decision. Anyone? Anyone? Beuller...?

Thought not...

overvaped

Vapor evangelist
Hands up all those who think Pharmacor didn't consider stainless steel or glass before making their decision. Anyone? Anyone? Beuller...?

Thought not...
I'm pretty sure they considered, but can't know why did not follow that way. Maybe they thought that poly was difficult to break, unlike glass/quartz and also safe. Maybe they did not considered that the material would make them lose some potential customers (even if the cause is not justified).

So maybe, with some luck, we can have another material which is more or less compatible with the device. For example, if the new material has worse termal properties, it would take more time and more battery to heat up, but still do the trick.
That's more or less my expirience with Ed's stems for the Solo.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I'm pretty sure they considered, but can't know why did not follow that way. Maybe they thought that poly was difficult to break, unlike glass/quartz and also safe. Maybe they did not considered that the material would make them lose some potential customers (even if the cause is not justified).

So maybe, with some luck, we can have another material which is more or less compatible with the device. For example, if the new material has worse termal properties, it would take more time and more battery to heat up, but still do the trick.
That's more or less my expirience with Ed's stems for the Solo.

So basically, you're saying that they made a poor choice. This is a company that, from their first product, has always said that they were trying to make a medical device. Unless you think they are liars or totally incompetent, you must believe they investigated the potential harmful effects. I certainly believe they did. Again, unless you think they are incompetent, you must believe that they considered whether choosing polyimide might alarm some people—yet they still chose it. Given that glass or stainless steel would have been less controversial choices, why do you think they decided to go with polyimide? I think it was because it was the best material for their design and anything else would result in an inferior device. YMMV.

Curiousone

^^I tend to agree with you. I am a bit amused at how so many vape enthusiasts are "arm chair" designers and engineers:brow:

No judgment, just an observation.

Curiousone,
Reactions: pakalolo

t-dub

Vapor Sloth

Thought not...
You know, I seem to remember this post from a long time ago . . .
They claim to use Polyimide and they list these as it's properties:

polyimide-myths-table1.jpg
I was intrigued by the idea because I didn't know what the material was, and when I investigated its properties, it looked like a well considered choice :2c:

overvaped

Vapor evangelist
Hi guys,
first let me explain that english is not my language so I migth sound harsh without intention. I really like this vape, with just a little detail I would find it perfect.

So basically, you're saying that they made a poor choice. This is a company that, from their first product, has always said that they were trying to make a medical device. Unless you think they are liars or totally incompetent, you must believe they investigated the potential harmful effects.

Poor choice? Not at all, I am sure they made their homework. Even if I were not, the fact that it has been researched by vapor enthusiasts who feel it is safe (I mean FC members) is enough for me. But still, I'd rather like glass, TBH.

Again, unless you think they are incompetent, you must believe that they considered whether choosing polyimide might alarm some people—yet they still chose it. Given that glass or stainless steel would have been less controversial choices, why do you think they decided to go with polyimide? I think it was because it was the best material for their design and anything else would result in an inferior device. YMMV.

Sorry but I do not want want to make a back-to-back post...;) I talked about those points in my original reply.

Just to clear it up: there is a big way from competence to perfection...From this thread, the pinnacle's, and also from the above comment about PV thinking about meking quartz capsules, I assume they that may have get some extra costumers with this...

^^I tend to agree with you. I am a bit amused at how so many vape enthusiasts are "arm chair" designers and engineers:brow:

No judgment, just an observation.

Just a customer...I really like having the opportunity of saying these things where the manufacturer will surely read them. I also think he will appreciate the comments, whether he decides to go this way or not....

P.S: What does YMMV mean???

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Hi guys,
first let me explain that english is not my language so I migth sound harsh without intention. I really like this vape, with just a little detail I would find it perfect.

Poor choice? Not at all, I am sure they made their homework. Even if I didn't, the fact that it has been researched by vapor enthusiasts who feel it is safe (I mean FC members) is be enough for me. But still, I'd rather like glass, TBH.

Sorry but I do not want want to make a back-to-back post...;) I talked about those points in my original reply.

Just to clear it up: there is a big way from competence to perfection...From this thread, the pinnacle's, and also from the above comment about PV thinking about meking quartz capsules, I assume they that may have get some extra costumers with this...

Just a customer...I really like having the opportunity of saying these things where the manufacturer will surely read them. I also think he will appreciate the comments, whether he decides to go this way or not....

P.S: What does YMMV mean???

YMMV = Your mileage may vary. That's an English (actually American) phrase meaning your experience and mine might be different.

pakalolo,
Reactions: overvaped

JoeKickass

From this thread, the pinnacle's, and also from the above comment about PV thinking about meking quartz capsules, I assume they that may have get some extra costumers with this...
I'm kind of getting the feeling that your point is really they should do a glass capsule because it's the "gold standard" for vapes (cloud, dbv, etc.) as well as smoking (pipes, bongs, etc.)
And glass is just sexy..

But for tiny, portable vapes: glass is heavy and fragile. The smallest "power" portable is the Pax and it uses stainless steel to get maximum strength and heat transfer in the smallest space, taste is good but not perfect. The cera uses ceramic which is pure but still a bit heavy and bulky. The omicron carts use stainless steel to keep size small. There are countless compromises in portable vapes...

The good news is I think Inh compromised the "bling factor" of glass for a higher performing material. You can think of the Inh's polyimide as "plastic" which is true, but it's not like a plastic that you commonly see in everyday life. Think of it as "high tech polymer" Here are some other uses:
Wikipedia said:
The polyimide materials are lightweight, flexible, resistant to heat and chemicals. Therefore, they are used in the electronics industry for flexible cables, as an insulating film on magnet wire and for medical tubing. For example, in a laptop computer, the cable that connects the main logic board to the display (which must flex every time the laptop is opened or closed) is often a polyimide base
The fact that it's used as medical tubing makes me feel pretty comfortable, but this use is my favorite:
"The IKAROS solar sailing spacecraft uses polyimide resin sails to operate without rocket engines."
Wikipedia

2clicker

Observer
what is so wrong with users wanting capsules in a different material? :shrug:

im sure the polyimide works great, but i would still like other options. its just that simple.

naysayers can speculate away as to why other materials may be desired.

billulsund

The polymide information posted above is also printed in the instruction manual that comes with every inhalater. I think people get too hung up on the material because they are coming from a world of combustion where temperatures are much higher and therefore glass is the gold standard. I would never combust out of a polymide pipe. With the lower temperatures of vaping the polymide is not an issue. It's probably better for you than drinking hot coffee out of a plastic mug. The capsules are pretty durable too, I have been using the same one every day for the past 4 months and it still works like new. I don't think that glass or stainless steel capsules would have the right thermal properties and you would just end up with an inferior vaping experience. If you want a sanitizable vaporizer with a fancy glass stem there are other products out there on the market for you. If you want the easiest to use portable vaporizer that can quickly produce the best clouds with the least effort then the Inhalater is for you.

JoeKickass

what is so wrong with users wanting capsules in a different material? :shrug:

im sure the polyimide works great, but i would still like other options. its just that simple.

naysayers can speculate away as to why other materials may be desired.

It's all about how many actually want other capsules, would it really be worth it for them to invest in designing them? What if the Inh still had polyimide in the heater, would you still want the glass capsules?

I think the glass fans would want all glass or they would still probably pass on it

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I believe IIRC that they said the heat transfer with the poly was best. Remember it is lined with poly and the capsule is poly. I am going to make a glass extension tube but for all your enjoyment if it fits in the hole will try it. With the extension I won't have to use the sanitary smelly tip or the longer NO2 smellier tubing.

With the poly in the chamber the heat might not even transfer correctly to glass.

PAZ

So I ended up buying a smoothie straw, and unfortunately it's a bit too big and it would be very hard to put some rubber or plastic in to make it snug. Bought it at a local store. I mainly just got it too see the type of fit (it was too long anyways, 9 inches).

Dreamerr which straw were you looking at online?

OD - 12 mm
ID - 7 1/2 mm.

PAZ,

2clicker

Observer
What if the Inh still had polyimide in the heater, would you still want the glass capsules?

it has nothing to do with being worried about if the poly is safe or not. i know its safe. and i dont care if the is poly in the air path. i simply would like to see a more rigid capsule is all. and being able to boil the capsule would be a bonus.

and im not saying the INH should produce new caps either. anyone could make them. it just seems like the more options the better IMO.

2clicker,
Reactions: D33z

Dreamerr

So I ended up buying a smoothie straw, and unfortunately it's a bit too big and it would be very hard to put some rubber or plastic in to make it snug. Bought it at a local store. I mainly just got it too see the type of fit (it was too long anyways, 9 inches).

Dreamerr which straw were you looking at online?

OD - 12 mm
ID - 7 1/2 mm.

I bought the regular, smoothie and tea. I thought maybe the tea would fit on the outside of the solo stem. I am fairly sure the regular will fit on the INH. I got the 6" on that one since when I went back the original stuff I was getting was gone. The other two are 8". I don't know how long they will take to get here cause there is no info on the site as of yet. I will call tomorrow if I remember to ask or maybe email them now. I don't know if they give tracking numbers. For sure next week we will have an answer.

Edit: Smoothie is the short one. I just checked.

Dreamerr,

marduk

daydreamer
I just tried the glass stem from my Hammer Vaporizer in my INH004 and it fits perfectly. That's the back end of the stem -- the front end where the screen goes is flared and obviously won't fit. The OD of the Hammer stem is exactly 10mm according to the rep who posts here.

So... look for 10mm if you want to do this. :2c:

Dreamerr

I ordered these three. I can't change the ID and OD so we will see.
  • Regular Straws (5.5 mm / 9.5 mm) are perfect for watery-type liquids such as juice and soda
  • Smoothie Straws (7.6 mm / 12 mm) work best for thicker drinks such as milkshakes and smoothies
  • Bubble Tea Straws (10 mm / 15 mm) are made to allow you to suck up those yummy tapioca balls in Bubble Tea
Straw people wrote me back she is shipping tomorrow so we will know next week. If not I have really cool glass straws when I go out to restaurants.

I would imagine the regular will fit on the capsule. From what you say marduk going inside the chamber it will be to small.

Dreamerr,

Inhalater

Manufacturer
The things to consider in the design of the capsules are; health safety, thermal conductivity, thermal mass, productibility and cost.

Researching the materials took 4 years. Finding the dual convection, conduction system 2 years. We are now at the polishing stage of the technology.

We have evaluated all thinkable materials including silver, stainless steel, glass,ceramics, copper, wood, various plastics and performance resins.

Not to say that a better combination does not exist. We will follow the thread on all your experiments!

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Inhalater,

Researching the materials took 4 years. Finding the dual convection, conduction system 2 years.

That's good to know considering a capsule sells for 10 $ CAD each and those require replacement after a while. Lets hope other manufacturers will choose to adopt the same format and material then!

:peace:

Egzoset,
Top Bottom