I have sinned *gasp* Combustion!

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Chinese made blank........
and sorry to break it to you, but id be VERY suprised if that diffuser is in fact "laser cut." More like a wetsaw and a few seconds in the flame to polish.
Could be. I'm not doubting it's an import. That's what I was told ( it was laser cut ). *shrug* What else do I have to go by? The price was a helluva deal. The glass thick and nicely made. I have yet to smoke out of, let alone really see, a nicer bong of this proportions. Are you a glass aficionado Spidey? Whatchu got? :brow: :D

STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

To many good memories there ... must refrain from combusting ... must be strong ... whats that in the corner there ... fuck it my BONG!

loltongueroll
:p

The force is strong with this one.... :lol:

shit I even have a false setto these days so I can to sing Coldplay tunes
STOP IT!!!!!!

(Singing/listening to Coldplay that is, life is too short.... :lol: )

SpiralArchitect,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
There will always be a place for smoking Cannabis in both my heart and in my life. It's simply been relegated way, way into the background. Right now I use friends and get-togethers as an excuse for combustion, but those instances have been so rare in the last few months that I really have been like 95% vaporization since day one with my PD. Even so, I would hate to use a label like "never" will I smoke again...simply not going to be true.

MmmmMMMmmmmMMmmmmMMMmmmmmm...bong rips...

Oh lord I could go for one or two of those right now...good thing my nice glass was broken and all I have left is a shite bong and some nice pipes. I think most pot-heads will agree (not max, I bet! heh :p) that there's nothing quite like a quality bong rip. But otherwise...meh. I've got no temptation to hit the pipes...I once had a back to back session, PD -> pipe...and oh boy...no brainer who won out. I don't really feel the need to hit those pipes anymore. A joint between friends, however...that's something entirely diffrent. There's something special about a joint. :)

partially veiled,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Here Here!!!...for the JOINTS! :D

Almost like blood pacts, spit shakes, and initiations of days of ole, the act of smoking a joint is a ritual that will always be used amongst friends that use to smoke together in the past. Good memories that were thought lost are brought back to the surface with a spark of spliff. :p

Ahhhh. My Christmas chronic joint is just around the corner. ;)

I'll take a puff for you vtac for the change of my title. ;) Thanks

DigitalDavinci,

max

Out to lunch
partially veiled said:
I think most pot-heads will agree (not max, I bet! heh ) that there's nothing quite like a quality bong rip.
But I'm not a pothead. I just use every day. :ko: :lol: Believe me, even if I didn't care for 'em, I really wish I could still share full appreciation for bong hits. But even too many big Surfer hits tax my lungs these days. I had bad bronchitis (they called it asthmatic bronchitis) when I was a kid (went away at puberty thankfully). Between that and too many years smoking cigs, my lungs aren't what they should be.

There's something special about a joint.
I agree. Sharing a jay still has a nostalgic feeling for me. :cool:

max,

Spiderman

oil baron
Spiral, i write for Glass Aficionado magazine. I dont own a 6-chamber bong of the size of yours thats nicer....but thats mostly because I wouldn't. I do however own a 24" RooR perc, an 18" Toro FP triple w/ custom logo, an 18" Ehle FP w/ custom logo, an 18" RooR 10th anniversary, and a few others....more EHLE and RooR mostly, with some slides and ashcatchers and pipes from artists. Each of those is far and away nicer than your import blank, sorry.

I'll admit, I definitly dont have the coolest glass collection out there....but i got more than enough bongs to smoke, and they're all top of the line.

Really though, the only point im tryin to make in this thread is to chill out about the "i'll never smoke again" concept. I realize we're called Fuck Combustion, and I get a laugh about it everytime i come here....but honestly, whats the chance that you're not gonna change your mind down the road, and go back to smoking bowls constantly? Anyone who claims zero isnt being very honest with themselves.

Spiderman,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Spiderman said:
....but honestly, whats the chance that you're not gonna change your mind down the road, and go back to smoking bowls constantly? Anyone who claims zero isnt being very honest with themselves.
That's where you stepped on some toes. It's just my opinion, but I think that what you said there is putting limitations on other people and their lifestyles. I do think saying "I'll never toke again" is a little silly; most of us here have too much history with Cannabis smoking to deny the allure...but converting back to combustion as a primary source of consumption, that's just a whole other can of beans. We may end up tricking ourselves in the end, but right now I can promise you that I have no intention of going back to "smoking bowls constantly"

Like I said, never having another bowl ever again...that would be a lying to myself for sure. But never returning to being an everyday smoker? Who the hell are you to tell me I can't do that? No offense, because I like you and your posts, but I do take that one a little personal. It's like saying I'm lying to myself by saying I'll never smoke cigarettes again...well, maybe some day it will turn out to be a lie...but for the moment, I don't think it's really productive to deflate someones determination. If I want to vaporize for the rest of my life, who are you to tell me I can't? I wanted to quit cigs, so I did. I wanted to curb my combustion, so I did. Don't tell me how long I'll do it for, please and thank ya.

partially veiled,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
@max: I know where you're coming from man. My irritated lungs were one of the more pressing issues which forced me to seek out vaporization again...I can't take those hits any longer, either. It's definitely all the years of unaccountable abuse to my body, including too many cigs to number and well...we don't even have to mention the joints, blunts, iron-lungs, pipes, bong rips, what-have-you... But yeah, all of it has left my lungs...well, let's just say not so pink as when I got them :lol:

Vaporization has really saved me from this...I'm a vocalist as well, and as others have noted on these boards, vapor is so kind to your throat and lungs that a singing voice is revived almost immediately upon dropping combustion. I don't know...I think what I miss most about bongs is the gurgle...I need to get an ice/water chamber hooked up to my SSV, pronto!

partially veiled,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
for me i dont think ill be smoking to "bring back old memories" cause i barely have any, i only started smoking a year ago and my usage was infrequent
so for me, its more of a variety thing, when i want to really be laid on my ass with couchlock and dont want to prepare an edible or wait for the effects to start, thats when ill smoke (im quite partial to indica)
plus smoking a joint is kind of an experience in itsself, ive only smoked a joint once and it was so much different than my pipe in such a subtle way

i knew about vapes from the start and have always wanted one, but never could get the money saved, ive only bought 3 eighths in my lifetime, and only two of those i actually got to use, and ive never been a daily smoker.
it kinda feels like im skipping whole chapters in a book and going straight to the good part :lol: so ill have togo back and read so that whats happening makes more sense to me ;) :brow:

Acolyte of Zinglon,

max

Out to lunch
Really though, the only point im tryin to make in this thread is to chill out about the "i'll never smoke again" concept. I realize we're called Fuck Combustion, and I get a laugh about it everytime i come here....but honestly, whats the chance that you're not gonna change your mind down the road, and go back to smoking bowls constantly? Anyone who claims zero isnt being very honest with themselves.
How much any member here smokes or doesn't smoke is their own business, and no one should have a superior attitude or criticize, in either direction. But although I don't claim to be 100% vapor, I pretty much am. I don't enjoy smoke anymore and have only taken a handful of smoke hits (mostly testing a new buy) in over two years. So I could very easily be 100% vapor if I wanted to be anal about it, and I take exception to your statement - "Anyone who claims zero isnt being very honest with themselves". I feel that if I had taken zero smoke hits, instead of a few, you'd be calling me a liar for claiming to be 'all vapor-no smoke'. I have nostalgic feelings for cig smoking (as well as joints), but I quit 12 years ago and have no desire to actually smoke one. So yes, it is absolutely possible to go 100% vapor, and I'm sure there are some who have done just that, even after their very first vapor hit. So if someone wants to make the claim, "chill out" and let 'em. ;)

max,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I got my first vape in February of this year. Since then I have only smoked once at a party when a j was being passed around, and about four bowls of duff when I started the 'what to do during the inevitable dry spells' thread.

I got a vape because I had become an everyday user and didn't want to drop the habit for health's sake (I'm not big on any kind of smoke inhalation, in terms of health). I can definitely say I will not go back to smoking, except for occasions like I mentioned above. If I didn't have a vape, I would smoke. But as long as I have a functioning vape, I have no desire to smoke at all.

stickstones,

Spiderman

oil baron
max said:
How much any member here smokes or doesn't smoke is their own business, and no one should have a superior attitude or criticize, in either direction. But although I don't claim to be 100% vapor, I pretty much am. I don't enjoy smoke anymore and have only taken a handful of smoke hits (mostly testing a new buy) in over two years. So I could very easily be 100% vapor if I wanted to be anal about it, and I take exception to your statement - "Anyone who claims zero isnt being very honest with themselves". I feel that if I had taken zero smoke hits, instead of a few, you'd be calling me a liar for claiming to be 'all vapor-no smoke'. I have nostalgic feelings for cig smoking (as well as joints), but I quit 12 years ago and have no desire to actually smoke one. So yes, it is absolutely possible to go 100% vapor, and I'm sure there are some who have done just that, even after their very first vapor hit. So if someone wants to make the claim, "chill out" and let 'em. ;)
YOu mised my point entirely. I'm not saying that you're a liar, and i didnt say that anyone here was. Merely that people's opinions are incredibly subject to change, and that literally everytime in my life iv made a decision to "never do something again" it hasnt been the last time. Iv also never seen a single other person do just that. Iv seen many people come VERY close, just saying that the claim "i'll never smoke again" is pretty out there, especially for someone who is interested enough in cannabis to post on a cannabis forum site.

The honesty with one's self bit was purely in reference to this....to believe steadfastly that what you believe right now will never change.....the only truth to this is the aspect of self-fulfilllment (if you force yourself to believe you cant/wont change......you're right).

I make no effort to claim that im at all better or worse than anyone on here. Merely that there is some slim chance, in each one of us (however slim that chance is) that one day you will all the sudden notice you havent hit the vape in a week.....and that your pipe is rather dirty from all the use.

Once again.....no claim that anyone on here is not absolutely in love with their vape....just that people's opinions are incredibly subject to change, and to deny that is to deny human nature.

Spiderman,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Spiderman said:
Once again.....no claim that anyone on here is not absolutely in love with their vape....just that people's opinions are incredibly subject to change, and to deny that is to deny human nature.
Well said, Spiderman. As is said...the only certainty is change. I think we were on the same page all along...it seems like we're only caught in the semantics.

partially veiled,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Maybe this thraed should be renamed - Combustion Anonimous :lol:

Partially Veiled said:
that there's nothing quite like a quality bong rip.
Me too ... thats why last night I took out my glass bong and ripped a cone of reg bud through it. It was smooth but (to quote - CD) Tasted like Dirt. Then I hooked up my vaporite whip and bubbled that thru my bong and I was back in smokers heaven. Big bong rips, milky glass shots and thick clouds. All with the associated **bubble bubble** sound. I also found a primo sweat spot with my vaporite and using the bong in conjunction with it there wasn't a sign of a burn.

So tonight I will start out with some vapor bong rips through the box vape and then finish the evening off sipping on the PD. Good times :tup:

vaporcloud,

Spiderman

oil baron
Yes max, sorry. Fact is, my point was that its not about 2 weeks, or 2 months, or 2 years, or 2 decades of straight vaping.....just that no one knows themselves well enough to make a blanket statement like "i'll never smoke again." And once again....the fact that you have smoked once or twice in the last 2 years.....is my point.

If you wish to debate this further, lets take it to PM so as to not clutter the thread....

Although to be fair, as self-proclaimed "Smoke-too-much"-er, i guess this is kinda my thread in some odd way.... lol

Spiderman,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
stickstones said:
I've got to know where to get a Buddy Jesus doll.
just google buddy christ and it pulls up a lot of stuff in shopping, i think ill get one for myself too

this pic isnt mine, is found it on the shroomery and just had to save it cause its so awesome

Acolyte of Zinglon,
Top Bottom