Herb Grinders

Looper

Hey guys. I'm considering getting a low-budget grinder for on the go. I can't decide between the Medtainer or the Storz and Bickel Volcano Grinder. Any input? Thanks.

Looper,

olivianewtonjohn

olivianewtonjohn,
Reactions: paytonpenn

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have the Medtainer, and while it is good for on the go, and strong, I fear it could disappoint.
Storz and Bickel grinder is about $8
The 2 piece space case is 20 dollars shipped from Puffitup ... use the discount code.
This 2 piece aluminum grinder from Puffitup is $8.49 delivered.
http://www.puffitup.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=PuffItUp2PartGrinder&CartID=1
I got it for a few patients , and all are still using it.

Looper

Thanks for everybody's inputs!!! I am currently checking out the titan grinders or possibly a chromium crusher. I am just worried about the quality on the chromium crusher and those holes on that grinder is huge...

Looper,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
IMO, items like a grinder are not something that you will drop and break. A good one will last many years and you will use it daily. Like a cell phone that you will use constantly, buy something you will be satisfied with for a while- remember, these don't break.

Even if you need to wait another month/week or two, I recommend getting a SCS, SC, or a Mendo. I have now used and have been most satisfied with all of them. Buy a cheapo plastic grinder for under $10 while you save.

Looper

Yea. I'm just looking for cheapo grinder for on the go and a good quality grinder at home. I'm just considering my options in the low budget. Definitely agree with you. Probably gonna get a SCS in the future.

Looper,

grokit

well-worn member
IMO, items like a grinder are not something that you will drop and break. A good one will last many years and you will use it daily. Like a cell phone that you will use constantly, buy something you will be satisfied with for a while- remember, these don't break.

Even if you need to wait another month/week or two, I recommend getting a SCS, SC, or a Mendo. I have now used and have been most satisfied with all of them. Buy a cheapo plastic grinder for under $10 while you save.
I agree, I have a sharpstone that's an exception to the rule but it's an old one and there seem to be many variants/knockoffs so I can't recommend that brand even though I love mine. And I take back what I said earlier about my plain aluminum 4-pc, I hate it because it needs cleaning all the time. It's great for a few runs and then it sucks again, not only that but it doesn't evacuate well even when it's clean.
I have my eye on a large rasta 4-pc. scs to replace it :tup:

About the Santa Cruz Shredder. I saw a blue one at a local shop and it had a few pin hole looking spots where the blue was rubbed off and it was shiny aluminum. For those of you who own one, is that common? It was mainly on areas that wont ever touch the bud but was concerned that more might flake off in the future. Anyone else have that experience with the SC Shredder?

From a far you couldn't tell but by very close inspection, you could see it.

Mini Bones,

olivianewtonjohn

Yea. I'm just looking for cheapo grinder for on the go and a good quality grinder at home. I'm just considering my options in the low budget. Definitely agree with you. Probably gonna get a SCS in the future.

Since your on the budget I say make a compromise. Instead of spending $10 spend $20. Who knows you might be completely satisfied and not even need to save up ~$70.

Looks pretty impressive and ASAIK max seemed to like it alot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TITAN-CNC-5...612?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56406723a4

Or even cheaper if you dont need 4 piece:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TITAN-CNC-5...745?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5640672429

"This is an absolutely PREMIUM QUALITY, fully CNC'd *, {inside and out}, and FULLY FINISHED HARD ANODIZED ALUMINUM grinder.

We offer a full 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE if you are not satisfied with the quality of craftsmanship of this item!

This is a five piece item with magnetic closure for the grinding sections and screw closure for the screen and storage sections.

Made of the highest quality aluminum we have ever seen in an imported item, the craftsmanship on this item is impeccable! The lid slides smoothly onto the unit with NO wiggle. The magnets are strong. The teeth are RAZOR SHARP!

This item matches up with ANY of the "name brand" items that are available at about half the cost!

This item features a removeable screen. The screen is attached by three magnets to the screen section. The screen can easily be removed for cleaning or to remove any product."

About the Santa Cruz Shredder. I saw a blue one at a local shop and it had a few pin hole looking spots where the blue was rubbed off and it was shiny aluminum. For those of you who own one, is that common? It was mainly on areas that wont ever touch the bud but was concerned that more might flake off in the future. Anyone else have that experience with the SC Shredder?

From a far you couldn't tell but by very close inspection, you could see it.

I have not noticed that. The coating seems pretty tough to me

olivianewtonjohn,
Reactions: Caligula

Caligula

Maximus
My large gunmetal and mini silver SCS' are pretty flawless except for small dents where I hit the two halves together on the mini (I do this a lot to get everything out). Although I also dont see any wear on the finish even in those areas.

Ill get pics tomorrow.

Caligula,

olivianewtonjohn

Olivia-

so on yours your not seeing anything even on the threads and the edges? Not one blemish?
I do have a few faint hairline scratches on the lid+bottom but I dont know if I could blame it; I just throw it in my bag. I had not even noticed it until I looked just now.

Other than that I see no "damage"

olivianewtonjohn,

Vitolo

Vaporist
You can order acrylic grinders that are not as good as the Volcano grinder (which works well!) for very little. I have found them for as low as 80¢ each... and have used them as free gifts for a while now.
You can buy one here for under $4...
or look on ebay.. there are pages of cheap grinders... acrylic with magnetic clossure for 2.99.
Look you said you wanted cheap.
I dont like cheap grinders, but I do get them to give as gifts.
I get Small 2 piece Space Case for all the patients locally, but acrylic can work.
On this page there are even a couple for $1
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/acrylic-grinder

Looper

You can order acrylic grinders that are not as good as the Volcano grinder (which works well!) for very little. I have found them for as low as 80¢ each... and have used them as free gifts for a while now.
You can buy one here for under $4...
or look on ebay.. there are pages of cheap grinders... acrylic with magnetic clossure for 2.99.
Look you said you wanted cheap.
I dont like cheap grinders, but I do get them to give as gifts.
I get Small 2 piece Space Case for all the patients locally, but acrylic can work.
On this page there are even a couple for $1
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/acrylic-grinder

Thanks for the advice. I had a acrylic grinder, but it didn't do it for me. I decided to go for a 2 piece titan grinder. Thanks @olivianewtonjohn for the link. Would have had to dug through 150 pages of posts. :cool:

needalift

I have a cheap 4 piece that I bought off eBay ( smart crusher ) about a year ago . The teeth are already starting to dull , so I'm in the market . Right now I am torn between a cosmic 4 piece and the Santa Cruz shredder 4 piece . What are you guys thoughts on the two compared ???

needalift,
Top Bottom