ecapple iV-1

PhillyPhil

What up everyone?

I've been eyeing the IV-1 for the last few days now and came across a rebranded IV-1 on eBay for $49.99. It's called the Electra made by a company tbd (I've contacted the seller to find out) - Under the info lines, It's says Pinnacle/Titan which most of you seasoned vape heads know is not.

What are your thoughts of these rebranded Chinese products? So far, I've seen the IV-1 rebranded as Heaven, Ecapple and now Electra. I want to pull the trigger but need some expert opinions.

Thanks!

PhillyPhil,

DopeShow

What up everyone?

I've been eyeing the IV-1 for the last few days now and came across a rebranded IV-1 on eBay for $49.99. It's called the Electra made by a company tbd (I've contacted the seller to find out) - Under the info lines, It's says Pinnacle/Titan which most of you seasoned vape heads know is not.

What are your thoughts of these rebranded Chinese products? So far, I've seen the IV-1 rebranded as Heaven, Ecapple and now Electra. I want to pull the trigger but need some expert opinions.

Thanks!

I'd Def buy one if I can get it for that price. The quick heat up time (20 secs ) is vital Imo. As well as having a replacable battery. In no expert and it's not a top of the range device but has a few features which make it stand out. Is best in its price range for sure.

The company probably sell them unbranded from the factory like most of these Chinese proto-type products. I haven't heard anyone having any issues with a faulty device tho u will be safer buying from a UK vendor. Just make sure it's the latest model.
I already gave my opinion in earlier posts just know I'm using it now. If u want more in depth review ask. Is it u r first vape?

DopeShow,
Reactions: tripwire

PhillyPhil

I'd Def buy one if I can get it for that price. The quick heat up time (20 secs ) is vital Imo. As well as having a replacable battery. In no expert and it's not a top of the range device but has a few features which make it stand out. Is best in its price range for sure.

The company probably sell them unbranded from the factory like most of these Chinese proto-type products. I haven't heard anyone having any issues with a faulty device tho u will be safer buying from a UK vendor. Just make sure it's the latest model.
I already gave my opinion in earlier posts just know I'm using it now. If u want more in depth review ask. Is it u r first vape?

I quit vaping e-juice last year and decided to strictly do dry herb vaping. I currently use The Hippie for the road and got a Extreme Q desktop, which has become a hassle to set up. The only other dry herb vape I've had was the G-Pen Pro, which was ok until I dropped it silly. I'm looking for an upgrade without breaking the bank and the IV-1 could be the soloosh.

Thanks for the heads up on the newest model. Just not sure how trustworthy these sellers are, this may be an older model for all I know - which I've read (via youtube comments) had an issue with holding certain temperature ranges.

PhillyPhil,

LarryYo

Dab connoisseur.... I just like dabs.... a lot
I own 2 heavens personally and i have had nothing but great results from them i just wish they had a way to pack the bowl easier or have a way to hot swap bowls. that would be nice!

LarryYo,

tripwire

Jack of all trades, partaker of vape
I own several conduction and a couple of convection vapes. The best convection vape in my lineup is the Epic Nano, hands down, but it needs to be plugged into a mains. To address this, I picked up an Elevape Smart, a battery powered convection unit. This one is great for an instant toke and put back in your pocket and is ultra stealthy. No smell. I'll get back to this.
That brings me to efficiency, and I have to say, it depends on what your priority is. No doubt, my Epic Nano is the single most efficient vape I own. Efficiency of material, long lasting great taste, and can't seem to be able to bring down the temp regardless of how hard I pull on it.
But on the go, which one? At first I'd be tempted to say to say the Elevape Smart but my Ecapple has proven to be more reliable and very fast heating. The thing is though, and I only realized this last night, it smells. It can reek like a Pax.
Which I've used at a wedding but found way to slow to heat up to temp, for stealth.
Yes, last evening, I returned from a bathroom break sneak toke and a colleague commented that "it smells like weed!"
Prior to that, when using the Elevape Smart, no one noticed or said a word.
However, the Elevape is in the neighborhood of $350 whereas the Ecapple $80? The Ecapple vapes more completely and more satisfyingly, imo. The Ecapple also features a replaceable battery, not so for the Elevape.
The Arizer Air, another conduction vape, also offers excellent flavor and efficiency. You can conveniently remove the load from the heater between hits, if you wish. This prolongs the session. Yet, the Air is rather slow to heat up - particularly compared with the Ecapple. Another thing to consider: confiscation. I certainly would be bummed out by having one of my more pricier vapes taken away, at a show for example. Not that I'd be thrilled losing my Ecapple!
For anybody lurking, don't worry. You will not be disappointed picking up an Ecapple. It can play as hard, if not harder, than most portables and even a some desktop units.
Enjoy!

LarryYo

@tripwire Thanks for the great insight i am glad i grabbed the ecapple as my first vaporizer it was a good choice! im just happy to see good reviews ya know. makes you feel good about your purchase!

LarryYo,

DopeShow

Can't confirm the vendor is reliable and expect to wait a few weeks on delivery but these are the cheapest available to the UK.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Taste-Virab...E-IV-1-free-Shipping-/252182376018?nav=SEARCH

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Intelli...Virable-Ecapple-IV-1-/262161998087?nav=SEARCH

I bought mine here the seller has good communication and returns policy. Don't mind paying the extra for piece of mind and next day delivery

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ecapple-iv-...ater-Tool-2015-model-/111825292945?nav=SEARCH

bigblock

A little Sannie's Sugar Punch...it is killer shit....start out around 370,turn it off, then next time somewhere in the 380s, turn off, then in the 390s. I haven't been higher than 400, and I think if I did I'd be too close to igniting. 396 say, gets me well medicated. What is the combustion temp of mj? It's not a good idea to turn the temp way up to get maybe a little more dizzy and fuck up your lungs.
Sannie's stuff gets you there and his prices are very fair. He seems to be a very honest man..Hard to find sometimes..s.p. cooks slowly and is mighty toasty when I empty it out. No burnt stuff which is just what my doctor ordered.
Oh any other bubblers that will fit the iv-1? anyone?
I really like this vaporizer. I think I'm going to buy another one but a differnt color.

Last edited:

tripwire

My OCD is acting up. I noticed that there appears to be two versions or revisions of the iV-1 online.
For example, I have found photos of different styled battery covers.
Also, in some photos of the OLED, the battery status indicator is oriented towards the top of the vape and in others, towards the bottom. Minor issue, probably just inverted during assembly. Like I said, my OCD.
Mine has the battery indicator towards the mouthpiece and a recessed slit in the battery cover, as in the image on the right.
I am curious what others have received. Comments?

LO8W3Kj.jpg
boLn3nE.jpg

Last edited:
tripwire,

LarryYo

Mine has the similar bottom as the one on the right. I have noticed that there where other versions out there. The one with the indented button has a thinner bubbler as well. Im thinking a new model or maybe an older one? im not sure

DopeShow

Check the beginning of the thread and it mentioned an older model the ecapple i 'vape through vaporizer'. Dont suppose models ii and iii ever got made. I believe that 2nd picture of the battery cover is from the older model...its not as good apparantly. Make sure u get the ecapple - iv model.

I have heard they are working on a new model but it's not been released and can get no info on it so far.

ReggieB

If it's an iv-1 then it will have it printed on both sides of the unit just above the ecapple sign. As for the oled, nah, it's not an assembly thing, the oleds can only be soldered in 1 way.

ReggieB,

DopeShow

If it's an iv-1 then it will have it printed on both sides of the unit just above the ecapple sign. As for the oled, nah, it's not an assembly thing, the oleds can only be soldered in 1 way.

True but i've seen a few places they have been sold re-branded now. I think the manufacturer will sell them to a wholesaler to be re sold under a different name. Never a good practice imo if ur trying to establish a brand name. Just make sure you check the model type if u buy.

ReggieB

I really don't rate the bubbler that comes with the ecapple (ecapple, if you're watching, make it bigger and more functional so that it holds enough water to do the job without the user getting a gank drink), so I went and bought myself a little rig to replace it.

It's only a small single honeycomb perc, I used a silicone cap from an e-cig atomizer to give me a reasonable seal and just hold the iv-1 onto the downtube, hits like a champ :)

I was expecting a smoother vape and that's exactly what I got, what I didn't expect was the bonus of getting extended flavour from it.

tripwire

It's only a small single honeycomb perc, I used a silicone cap from an e-cig atomizer to give me a reasonable seal and just hold the iv-1 onto the downtube
No pic = didn't happen, lol. Seriously, do you think you could share a pic of this setup and perhaps a link for the 'rig'.
TIA

PS I think this vape is the best kept secret! Find myself reaching for it more and more, especially when out and about. Love the fast heat-up! And, the flavor! Everyone should have one of these in their quiver, imo.

LarryYo

I really don't rate the bubbler that comes with the ecapple (ecapple, if you're watching, make it bigger and more functional so that it holds enough water to do the job without the user getting a gank drink), so I went and bought myself a little rig to replace it.

I have seen the new bubbler that my buddies have for the ecapple well they call it a heaven but this thing is nice! if some one can inform me on how to upload pictures i will happily do so! so you all can be jealous muahahahahaha :lol::lol::lol: ( im just playing i dont want to make you guys too jealous lol)

LarryYo,

ReggieB

Would be nice to see the other bits ecapple have, there are supposed to be some wax capsules/tanks for the iv-1 as well...

@LarryYo you need to upload the picture somewhere, then use the image button (next to the smiley face) and past the link to the image in there.

No pic = didn't happen, lol. Seriously, do you think you could share a pic of this setup and perhaps a link for the 'rig'.
TIA

PS I think this vape is the best kept secret! Find myself reaching for it more and more, especially when out and about. Love the fast heat-up! And, the flavor! Everyone should have one of these in their quiver, imo.

It's around 23cm tall, with the main tube being 15cm tall, I *think* the main joint on it is 14mm but it's hard to tell, I measured it but nothing measures 14mm on any part of the taper :D The inner diameter of the down tube is a little too small for the ecapple mouthpiece but with a little bit of silicon tube I can hold it on there for a nice tight seal, this will do for now but I will get some silicone tube and make a connector with some polymorph or get a 14mm whip adapter :)

honeycombPerc_zps10txn26g.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom