• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

ecapple iV-1

PDwasmy1st

Na don't like the look of that, but ecapple is actually £63 with tax, I wonder which will last longer the ecapple, which might go wrong [some failures in this forum] but batteries can be replaced or the Flowermate V7 os [flask & bottom loader but only has 3 heat settings, also relies on usb charging which is not as good for batteries as wall charger] that has a fixed battery and is about £85

PDwasmy1st,

lookhigh

FC member
Remember outside UK vendor warranty is worth nothing as it would cost more to ship than the unit is worth.

lookhigh,

lookhigh

FC member
Good choice, the Ecapple is surprisingly good compared to other similar devices.
When you compare the price it is way cheaper. The Chinese will be the ones to watch because someday......

lookhigh,
Reactions: nondarb

PDwasmy1st

Had it for about an hour after charging did a couple of burn off's still a bit of bad smell there, although its less and less as yet i've only had a really tiny bit of vapor, [4 attempts] nothing without the bubbler and it's way to hot at mouthpiece at 390f without bubbler, the metal chamber you put in it is small so can't see how you can get enough vapor, contents are dry also.

I wait till blue light on then i draw i dont have to press a button i'm pretty sure i'm doing it right, , so far not impressed

PDwasmy1st,

PDwasmy1st

Delete post above!
Sorry about the double post, I was obviously using the metal filter chamber when i shouldn't have been, although I do worry about things gettting through the gauze and into the holes in below = combustion going on, I guess u gotta be careful with the gauze , and i obviously need to burn it off more re smell.

ReggieB

below the ceramic holes in the main chamber is ptfe, there is no heating element down there, so it's unlikely to burn, in fact, when cleaning with qtip+iso you can blow all sorts of gunk out of the exhaust hole.

As for not much vapor, you're going to spend a day or 2 adjusting your air intake vs temperature vs bowl packing density.

I use a screen on the bottom of the chamber, i think it came with it.
As reggie said very easy to clean this one. Tons of vapor but vapor is not everything.

At one point I even used a domed screen in the bottom to cut down on bowl size, worked excellently but it made it require more heat for same production.

nondarb,
Reactions: lookhigh

ReggieB

When I use mine I stuff as much as I can in there, this leads to a tight draw, I use it around 390-410 on the F setting, this gives it shorter recovery times between draws, once it's heated up give it 10-20seconds for the heat to reach further into the bowl, then vape. imho the temperature is being read from the outside of the bowl, which will give a different temperature to the inside of the bowl, which will also have a different temperature to the middle of the load unless you've given it some extra time to reach equilibrium.

PDwasmy1st

As for not much vapor, you're going to spend a day or 2 adjusting your air intake vs temperature vs bowl packing density.
yeh i get that, it's better now but still getting that bad smell/taste

Battery didn't seem to lsst long, i got it on medium, so a spare battery needed, when 4 bars are full thats fully charged i take it. my other liquid vape gets 4 then flashes for 5 as it were, i read somwhere usb charging is no good so if the not so nice smell taste goes i'll purchase a cheap charger..

PDwasmy1st,

serialtoker

Still here Still
One o the best budget vaporizers out there IMO,I've had mine about a year still goin strong despite some of the hammerin's it's had, (eg= Sometimes gone through 5 Batteries in one day,5/6 sessions per cell),crammed full, (within reason),439f, fast heat, 5 min cycle, generally without the bubbler, It's my default portable.

pandaphysics

Do you use all the screens stock? I find the mouthpiece screen clogs after heavy use. To counteract I drop an extra bottom screen on top of the load

pandaphysics,

needalift

Thinking about copping one of these . Just curious how many people have an issue with a hot mouthpiece?? I've seen it mentioned a few times . I like the fact that this unit could pass as a liquid mod , so I don't want to have to use the bubbler .

needalift,

pandaphysics

I have gotten the warm mouthpiece, but I'm pretty sensative (grasshopper destroys me while my friends can use it without the silicon nipple). To counteract it with this unit I put a little piece of glass on the end, I find the mouthpiece fits really well in some 14mm female glass joints. For stealth I put a 14mm to 18mm adapter which adds like a centimeter of height but the glass stays cooler for longer ime.

pandaphysics,

Reaper

Those who have problems with blockage in the mouth piece , just use a net screen spacer. If u want u can remove the mouthpiece net too.

A removable spacer will keep pressure on the herb into a few minutes of vaping. even heat spread is the key to clouds.

I made mine bending a net screen into a small bowl and to be fit well in the chember.
Just make it as long as the screw thread of the mouthpiece. :rockon:

I used to get a hard time to vape well. Then i made this and also some big clouds:razz:

Reaper

20161201_205357.jpg
20161201_205455.jpg

U can see its heavily used. I also made a leather cover to give it a little style and protection from the heat. It serves good. :leaf:
:zzz:

serialtoker

Still here Still
I use domed (with a thumb nail) stock screens top and bottom, top screen doesn't clog as quick when using whole/part buds properly cured and packed. Cramming also causes premature top screen clog,(because everything expands wi heat) the bottom screen gets checked regularly but has so far failed to clog, I've bored out one of my MP's but the difference is minimal over stock, However I do like the look of the new?? iv1s glass MP but I can't find one here in uk

serialtoker,

laurbalaur

Never buy that crap. I got two (old and new versions), but thay are end up with "No atomizer" issue first in 3 mounth, 2-nd in two days. So chamber is fragile even when you're cleaning it it could be broken. And I have no idea how to repair that. :(.

laurbalaur,
Top Bottom