• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

ecapple iV-1

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
uonJu17.jpg

vyCJnJ7.jpg

Info:
Fit for any kinds dry herb,Real Vape.
Variable Taste Global First Vaporizer
Real Vape,No Combustion Top Vape Quality.
Variable Temperature from 320F-439F
Water filter function - Purest Vape Taste more healthy
Intelligent Automatic Protection Mode, led display.

I am only finding these straight out of china.

I asked the manufacturer a few questions. The "taste choice" mode is interesting, it controls how fast the unit heats up to the set temp. (Fast=30second, Medium=45 sec and Slow=1m15sec). It is also supposed to have a clean air path with the intake on the back.

Dimensions: 98 mm * 35mm * 28mm
LCD: 0.69"OLED
Color: Black,Sliver,Golden
Battery Capacity: 2500mAh 18650battery
Heating Chamber: Ceramic
Taste Choice: Fast Medium Slow
Weight: 0.4kg
Charging current: 1A
Temperature Range: 320F to 439F
Warranty: 6 Months after delivery

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Interesting but I'm not sure to understand the "palate model". Unless the power consumption vs heat-up time function is really not linear, I fail to see why you would want to get to temperature slower.

What would be a nice feature on the other hand, would be if this power throttling mechanism was still enforced while the device is running. It would be like a rate limiter and would prevent drawing too many watts to preserve battery life... This would only be noticeable when drawing, as when the device is idling, changing the power output only translates to a different PWM ratio/percentage.

For now I have no idea if this particular feature in the bullet list is a gimmick or not, but the rest is looking good. As usual we need to apply the conditional stance here, until someone has the device in his/her hands we can only guess about the air/vapor paths and the device safety.

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
Yeah it is an odd feature. I imagine it would be good for taking hits as it slowly rises up to temp. I mean weed is cooking off while getting to temp in a conduction vape. Slowing that down gives you a chance to take hits across a range of temp w/o monkeying with buttons. Just guessing.

Hopefully some people will post. I am thinking about getting one, but the 6mo warranty and minimal info worries me. The ecapple website looks half done too.

The fact that these are less than $100 is what has me super interested,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I contacted them to try to get a review unit but they declined and answered "our friend had helped us do the review", whatever that means...

Is one of the usual suspects already in line for this one?

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
yes, they are actually dickheads... super unfriendly! they don't want real user reviews/feedback, that's for sure. that's also the reason why I never created a thread for it.

Also there was a video by them and there was indeed no vapor at all @ehcual ... however, i think they have updated it. back then it still was called the vape through vaporizer

i think their friend is jojo monkey?!

mod note: From the rules page- "Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed."

Last edited:
mrweed,

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
No, I wish, I am just really interested in it. I think their friend might be the guy in the second video. He's got a review channel on youtube.

Ok, some things I found out when dealing with them:

The "vape through vaporizer" does not have the sealed air path like the iV-1. It is an older model.
The vape auto shuts off at 6 min (i think the video mentions this)
Has a last setting memory function.
Uses a 2500mAh Samsung high performance battery.
Has a stainless steel air path
You can lock the temp settings.
Has an over temp shutoff

@livewithkindness123 want to post some pics and a few words? You have one?

Last edited:

livewithkindness123

I have one of these and its a great vape. I paid for mine never asked to get one for testing . I received it right after the changes from the vape through to the LV-1. Very good air path cover the hole in the back and you can not blow through it . I have been in touch with them for a while . I've always wondered about reviews of something people sell or got free for testing . How honest can the review be I mean if I were selling it would I say something bad to keep people from buying it ? And people that do reviews of a vape they got free like on utube they want to keep getting free vapes to keep the reviews going if they said anything neg why would a company send them or keep sending units.
I do think this is a great vape ,taste great ,heats fast ,temp is spot on . It holds a good amount or you can pack it light . I did 3 burnins with it when I got it and didn't smell anything on any one of them . It charges quick and uses my cell phone charger so I don't have different cords all over . The sellers have always been nothing but nice to me.

IMAG0035_edit_1435797190158.jpg

Here are some pics
IMAG0037.jpg

IMAG0038.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
Those reviews can be super honest (that's btw. what I tell them too), because its the feedback that helps them to improve their units. Most chinese companys skip beta testing at all and that's why they depend on such feedback. Pretty hard for the chinese to test their own products with what they are build for... And that's not tobacco.

Personally, I would never buy a vape from china, that nobody has tested yet (seen to many shitty vapes, that haven't been ready for the market). Most companys understand that very well and let us do the job for them.

Ecapple asked me to help them, but then want me to pay for everything myself... That's what I call rude. I don't take money, I don't earn money with my blog, so why the fuck should I pay for this... this is already the cheapest and most honest form of promotion they can get. If they don't want it, I wish them good luck on their own... they still believe they are serving the tobacco market, I guess

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
One of these days a Chinese vape is gonna knock it out of the park...it just has to happen with how may vapes they are pushing out.

But I always chuckle when I see the marketing materials. This is the only vape on the market that heats up in under 30 seconds and has swappable batteries? I guess we've only been dreaming about the mflb for the last five years!

Justpassedu

The goboof alfa also heats up in 30 secs as well as the grasshopper in 5 sec's which is not out yet. I have taken a chance on some cool looking chinese vapes. I recently got a 1 called the tripperflask , thought it looked cool like this one , the company gave me half off. It had the worst vapor production and design imo. I hated it , luckily the company let me send it back for refund. I paid $35 for a titan 2 and have to say it has been great for the price and produces a ton of vapor. I am not taking any chances anymore with these chinese vapes until i see some legit reviews and multiples of them.

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Daniel (aka: Leaford) in the 2nd video, has been around portable vaporizers (e-cigs) since the beginning 2008 at ECF and has always been a trusted reviewer helping many noobs choose a quality vape within their funds limits. Personally, I have always trusted his reviews and direction to be honest and helpful (still hate his stupid birds sqwacking in the background though haha !).

I've always detested conversing with China vendors due to their piss poor engrish and terrible translator software that always seems to make them sound rude or out to lunch :shrug:. But it is what it is I suppose, and with this one (like many others in the past), I'll sit on the sidelines and wait for an American or Canadian vendor to purchase from ;)

livewithkindness123

Mr.weed i was just wondering did you pay for or get for free the Vc35,vs2,vs3,and x max 2 pro you said you have gotten from china? I was just wondering about those because I like trying different vapes out that don't cost over $100. I love the vs3 don't like the x max 2 the smell just never went away . I am really wondering about the vs2 and the vc35 and how they are working for you . Do you have a review I can read about them ?
I am really loving this lv-1 like I said earlier on another thread this just feels like an iphone of vaporizers. It just feels and looks so solid . I think I'm going to get another in gold just to have in case. The more I use it the more impressed I am with it . When I load a half of chamber its spent and me too after 4 good draws on the higher heat settings . I really like starting low at around 330 then working my way up 5 degrees at a time I never go over 395 when I do that . This vape is like my bedtime vape I just use it at bedtime because its so strong to me. I like to use the vs3 for all other times. This is a great vape that's really works . And for the $75 with shipping is a really great price.

livewithkindness123,

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
Well I took the risk and have one on the way. This is my first Chinese vape. I hope it works out. Two good reports so far....

I just want something I can take on a trip and pass around a few group sessions. If I forget my charger, I can use any mini usb. If I need a battery, i can get the samsung battery all over the place. Plus the one-handed hits with spill-proof water conditioning sounds very nice to me.

livewithkindness123

Jojo monkey please let me know how you like it after you get it I'm pretty sure you will love it like I do . You'll be happy for taking the chance .

livewithkindness123,
Reactions: jojo monkey

skyvaper

So when I look up leaford on youtube he has a video for vapor touch not eccaple. Look at the video again 17 secs in the voice is edited. I didnt notice this at all the first time I watched the video but after seeing the youtube video something is not adding up.

skyvaper,

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
@skyvaper He used to have the video on his channel...now it is gone? I think they changed the name of the vape and that is why they dubbed over.

edit: check this 2 minutes in:

Last edited:
jojo monkey,

skyvaper

The video is up. Its on youtube dated june 19th 2015. Im interested in this vape and was checking out the reviewer mentioned in the thread. Just doing my normal reasearch on vapes that catch my eye vas lol.

skyvaper,
Reactions: smokum

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
why did they change the name again? doesn't make sense. On the ecapple website it's still called the iv-1. If you google for Vapor Touch Vaporizer only this video and a bunch of ecigs shows up.

mrweed,

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
@mrweed No idea. If you google the "ecapple trademark" you can see some apple disputes. Maybe "ecapple vapor touch" is too touchy for apple or it wasn't worth the risk? Total guess.

I should be seeing the iV-1 and pluto up close on the same day. Hopefully I can send my brain into orbit while I look at space pics.

jojo monkey,
Reactions: mrweed

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
So I got the ecapple iV-1

This vape is much smaller than I expected. The pics and video make it seem bigger. I think things shrink on the way from China. I can almost palm the vape with only the glass popping out.

I think it uses the same screens as the flowermate. The spare screens, cleaning brush, and scraper seems to be the same kit. The screens are in the mouthpiece and the bottom of the heating chamber. The one in the mouthpiece does not seem to be removable. The screens restrict the airflow too much for my taste and I have some stainless mesh screens on the way. I am hoping a 3/8" will fit, but I bet 10mm is a better size.

pros:

• Fast heat up. I've seen it go to the set temp in 23 seconds and have been able to get a hit.
  • spill-proof bubbler actually does not spill
  • when you plug in the usb the screen shows a big battery and the status of the recharge.
  • the 6 minute session shutoff does not include the warm-up time.
  • abv looks consistent w/o stirring
  • nice flavor being so close to the chamber
  • battery arrived with a 75% charge

cons:

• screen can fall out of the chamber.... watch where you dump your abv!
  • when using the glass mouthpiece w/o the bubbler it can get too hot for my lips if I draw more than 7 seconds or repeatedly hit it. Using the bubbler is the way to go.
  • the unit gets pretty hot if you try a few sessions in a row. The black plastic gets hot from top to bottom. I measured 115F at the top after few repeated rounds. I measured the device at 77F at room temp before using it.
  • the screen can't be removed from the mouthpiece. The mouthpiece adds the most restriction since the hole is fairly small inside the glass.
  • I can still breathe through the vape when I plug the intake hole, it is very restricted though. It seems like most of the air comes through the hole, it could just be that the plug on the outside is not sealed. I have see vapor come out of the hole and nowhere else if I heat it and don't draw.
  • "robo-fart" taste for the fist few burn offs, it went away quickly though.
hsPcuV2.jpg

I've only had it a few days, but it should suit my need for something portable for now.

livewithkindness123

Jojo monkey I don't get it the lv-1 I have there's no plastic the outer case is metal . And the airflow on mine doesn't have any restriction I try to pack it tight so I try to make it more restricted. My mouth piece when I look down through it its pretty big hole . Can there be more then one type of design I'll have to ask I would love more restriction as the easly flow makes me cough sometimes. How was the taste on yours ? Did you try the different taste modes I use slow. Also I noticed that mine never gets that hot do you vape at high temps I never vape above 400 but most of the time its around 335,365,390 depending on how I'm feeling . I feel bad that you bought this vape on my results and you aren't as happy with it as I am. So I'll say sorry .

Top Bottom