ecapple iV-1

LarryYo

Dab connoisseur.... I just like dabs.... a lot
Ahhh that makes sense! I checked out the sight its not worth just buying one from them lol the shipping rates alone are ridiculous.... I wonder if they can send out via UPS and just use my account for the label? hmmm il have to ask i know for sure that i get better rates then that lol

LarryYo,

CarbonFiberGuy

Ahhh that makes sense! I checked out the sight its not worth just buying one from them lol the shipping rates alone are ridiculous.... I wonder if they can send out via UPS and just use my account for the label? hmmm il have to ask i know for sure that i get better rates then that lol

They do have a free shipping option at checkout , that's what I picked total was $60 no tax . Im guessing it's probably gonna take a while to get . I will report back once I get it .

CarbonFiberGuy,

MadDawg

Is that the newest model you are getting from that sight? i thought the ones with the indented buttons where the older ones? or was it the other way around?
I just checked mine again @LarryYo and the vapes they show on the Vaping Fans site are the older ones but they actually ship the newest model.

@CarbonFiberGuy I agree the shipping rates are really high but I wanted to get one here quickly. I think you will be fine. They package the devise very well so even if it takes a little longer it should arrive in great shape. I think you will be happy
with it.

Mod note: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:
MadDawg,

LarryYo

I thought so but im still pretty new to all these magical vapory devices so i dont know this is all still magic to me :huh:

LarryYo,

ReggieB

The whole unit smells, like every new electronic device. I would say the airpath is 95% sealed.
I would agree, I should revise that to mostly separate air path but it's not immediately apparent where that little bit of air is getting in from, it's a pretty decent seal though, especially considering it's all push fit inside for the heat chamber/heat chamber holder/intake pipe. The intake pipe is about 8mm long, going into a hole in the ptfe heat chamber holder that is used to hold the heat chamber and the battery compartment aligned.

I think it's the other way around @LarryYo all of mine have the indented bottom battery cover but they all have the redesigned mouthpiece. So I think these are the 2nd gen models. I think they are working on another design as well.
I think they must be 3rd gen devices then? Cos there have already been 2 devices, there's been the 'vape through' then the iv-1 was the 2nd version which has some faulty mouthpieces, I know they've done a redesign on the mouthpiece but haven't seen anything about a new unit.

Last edited:
ReggieB,

lookhigh

FC member
So had some time to play with this and i must say im impressed. I wont repeat what has been said here before, thanks to @tripwire for putting me on to this vape. I love the look and feel of this thing, feels like a much more expensive unit. These Chinese companies are going to be a force to be reckoned with as-long as they stick to creating original designs and not copies.

lookhigh

FC member
Few more observations. I cant change Fahrenheit to Celsius?
MP and vapor gets very hot without water, fine under 370.
Fast heatup time, did i mention the fast heat up time?
Software needs updating, just a bit confusing.
Damn this thing hits hard and fast, Highly recommended (pun intended) for the price

lookhigh,
Reactions: tripwire

ReggieB

Unfortunately, the temperature is fixed on Fahrenheit.

The mouthpiece does get a little warm but I found that happens only if your lips are in the air path, personally I'd like to see a longer mouthpiece for that reason but tbh it's not a show stopper :)

What are you finding confusing in the software? I found it to be functional, pretty much along the same lines as how an e-pen works, 5 quick presses to turn it on, hold the power button to start the heater. up/down buttons for temp control and press the up/down buttons at the same time to access the vape time, heating model (fast, med, slow heat up) and lock functions.

lookhigh

FC member
What needs updating... Temperature can only be changed when not vaping?
The USB start thingy when battery is replaced is stupid.
Minor niggles mind.

lookhigh,

ReggieB

The usb start thingy is a non issue, I use a coin to change the battery now and do what everyone else does, tighten the battery holder, untighten 1/2 a turn and retighten and it starts every single time.

LarryYo

I found on my Heaven units if i kind of wiggle the bottom of the button it starts it up. Picked that up in this thread back in the earlier pages. if you twist it just the right way on the battery it will start it up. Not sure why but i feel its because of some arc or soft short thats causing to spike to power the unit.

Edit: But i have not been so lucky trying this with my ecapple tho still running great too!

ReggieB

I don't think it's arcing, I think it's just the way the system works, imho there's a sensing pin somewhere that's looking for a high signal a little bit too quickly and as it doesn't see it, it stays off, better to be safe than sorry.

To use the battery cover to boot the system after a battery swap, you have to do the 1/2 turn and back within 5 seconds, you shouldn't have to wiggle a button (which button by the way?).

ReggieB,
Reactions: lookhigh

LarryYo

sorry button was a bad choice of words the battery cover. and i have tried the half turn method i just loosen and tighten it up quickly until it starts up about 3-4 shakes (twist back and forth of my finger) on the button and it boots right up. But thats what led me to believe arcing like what happens with poorly designed mech mods that arc at the button when pressed the wrong way.

bigblock

The bubbler from gearspek for the heaven doesn't fit my iv-1. The iv-1 mouthpiece is a little too small. Just a heads up. I fixed things with a little scotch tape around the mouthpiece for a tight fit. This bubbler is so much better than the original in spite of the misfit. I guess the Heaven version has a different mouthpiece? This thing hits titz!

justcametomind

Vapingfans fucked up my shipment badly.
I paid using paypal, and they shipped as it was cash on delivery.
Consequence of that, customs saw the price of 63€ and plan to charge another 63€ on that. There's no way I'm paying 180€ for this, I'll ask a refund to paypal and will not collect the parcel. Already sent mail to tell them how much I love them.
So, no ecapple for me for the moment.

justcametomind,
Reactions: lookhigh

LarryYo

Sucky mate! well hopefully all will go well and you can get this resolved id hate for you to miss out on the ecapple its a nice little unit

@bigblock yeah i did notice that mine was a little loose too i ended up getting an O-Ring and placing it at the bottom of the mouth piece to give it a better seal. But other than that its been rocking hard! I also enjoy the taste of my concentrates off of it as well its nice :D

lookhigh

FC member
Consequence of that, customs saw the price of 63€ and plan to charge another 63€ on that. There's no way I'm paying 180€ for this, I'll ask a refund to paypal and will not collect the parcel. Already sent mail to tell them how much I love them.
Damn customs........... daylight robbery. where is the dont like button

serialtoker

Still here Still
Greetings, my mate got one of these a couple of mths ago, its still doin the job admirably albiet you have to plug in the usb everytime you change the battery,
Does'nt have to be plugged into the wall just putting the mini usb into the vape gets it back online, my pro gave up the ghost so I've decided to replace it with the ecapple as I like the adjustable temps and swappable battery,I can't see past it at the price

serialtoker,
Reactions: tripwire

LarryYo

There are plenty of places that are very cheap to get it online there is vapingfans http://www.vapingfans.com/vaporizer/intelligent-herbal-vaporizer-taste-virable-ecapple-iv-1.html although there was one member who had an issue with the shipping this is roughly $60

Then there is ebay you cam usually find them http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-E...647502?hash=item35f65e62ce:g:iw4AAOSwYH5WCEUM this ones $70

and then there is gearspeks rebrand the heaven http://www.gearspek.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/gearspek-heaven?variant=10730673988 if you use code FC10 you can get 10% off and they ship it priority with signature so it gets to you pretty fast.

its really a vape thats good to have around you know its always reliable!

LarryYo

Well there ya go its not that bad ive been looking for another vape to get just to have another vape and they can get pretty friggin pricy :(

justcametomind

I was wrong, shipment wasn't that. It's wasn't ecapple it was another vape order who went that bad.

Top Bottom