ecapple iV-1

LarryYo

Dab connoisseur.... I just like dabs.... a lot
@MadDawg it is a bit longer but i like the hit better i feel it taste better hope you have a good experience. cheers mate.

LarryYo,

ReggieB

How's everyone doing with their Ecapple? I haven't seen any new threads recently, so I'm assuming everyone's units are still working fine? Mine's running nicely, it's even playing nicely with turning on after a battery change, I can now swap the battery, screw in the bottom, loosen it, re-tighten it and it turns on every time :)

ReggieB,
Reactions: tripwire

DopeShow

[QUOTE="ReggieB, I can now swap the battery, screw in the bottom, loosen it, re-tighten it and it turns on every time :)[/QUOTE]

Wish I could get that battery trick to work. I still have to start it by usb. The unit itself is still hitting like a boss. With the new mouthpiece i use the airflow is much better. Just take out the metal thread ring from the mouthpiece and screw it into the bottom of a kanger protank (with the wick removed) then u can screw this back on the unit. It looks really nice and cools the air down too.

Best portable vaporizer on the market id say. Honestly wouldn't trade it for anything else. Its seems to be reliable too not heard of anyone having faults with it. Ordered up another one for my friend.

ReggieB

not sure why it started to work, maybe it always did and I was doing it wrong but I always use a coin to tighten it up now, not to make sure it's tight but to make it quicker/easier.

ReggieB,

MadDawg

@ReggieB I'm still loving my Ecapple. Its my go to VAPE now. I use it daily and it keeps going. I haven't had to swap out the battery yet. I did get a nice case for it though. If you go on Amazon and look up Casematix you will see a hard shell case with customizable foam. I used the insert that comes with the Ecapple box and,put it inside the Casematix case and wit works great.

MadDawg,
Reactions: ReggieB

DopeShow

@ReggieB I'm still loving my Ecapple. Its my go to VAPE now. I use it daily and it keeps going. I haven't had to swap out the battery yet. I did get a nice case for it though. If you go on Amazon and look up Casematix you will see a hard shell case with customizable foam. I used the insert that comes with the Ecapple box and,put it inside the Casematix case and wit works great.

I tried searching for casematix but got no results on amazon.co.uk. The unit does heat up a bit so silicone case would be good. Iv checked the temperature of the battery and it seems to remain cool even after a full session.

Glad to hear u tried the vg method i likin it to adding a little oil to the pan before frying u r food. And as u mention te vapour production let's u know when u r herbs are finished. I'm still vaping at 410f then restart the device at 429f for a few inhales to finish.
Also I'm using a tincture made from my ABV now instead of straight vg and it adds a little to the flavour.
On another issue anyone had any experience with co2 superfluid extraction. Check out a company called hummingbird they have some videos on u tube. There producing an oil with an almost honey consistency wwith no residual solvents. It really does look like nectar of the gods:rofl:

LarryYo

@DopeShow I will have to check that out got some Godfather OG wax the other day its nice. but i have purchased a couple more from my buddies company they put these up the other day

http://www.gearspek.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/gearspek-heaven

they call it the heaven but it works very well mine came with an extra mouth piece and a nice little grinder!
so i was happy got one in both colors lol found out. Found out they have a running coupon code i think it was GIVEME10FRIEND it takes 10% off of the order.

LarryYo,

DopeShow

@DopeShow I will have to check that out got some Godfather OG wax the other day its nice. but i have purchased a couple more from my buddies company they put these up the other day

http://www.gearspek.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/gearspek-heaven

they call it the heaven but it works very well mine came with an extra mouth piece and a nice little grinder!
so i was happy got one in both colors lol found out. Found out they have a running coupon code i think it was GIVEME10FRIEND it takes 10% off of the order.

I assume they buy them direct from the company in China and re brand them. Still good price specially with the 10% discount. I'd want to get a better battery with it too. Do they ship to the UK for a reasonable price?
Smoking concentrates in this is awesome. Wish I could buy concentrate here. I heard they are banning ppl from doing extractions in the States now as well unless u have a manufacturing licence. Just made a bit of iso extract other day and it turned out well. Was from the trim of a bit Critical HOG (not my favourite strain but had to try it☺)
Right now iv ordered a RDTA that I'm gonna try to modify as a mouthpiece. Struggling to find a connection piece that will fit. Taking my vape to the next level if it works.

DopeShow,

LarryYo

@DopeShow Im not sure what the prices on the package are going to be i know its sent out i know they send it out priority with confirmed signature but i dont know if its the same for the UK. I can call my mate and ask him.
But i have been using the heaven for a week now and It is just the ecapple rebranded but i love the ecapple so it all works out lol. i think it heats up a little faster though... or maybe its because its newer and hasnt had a few OZ get run through it...... yet haha

LarryYo,

bigblock

I'm new here but I've being lurking for quite a while now. I bought one of these ecapple iv-1 due to many of the comments right here at fuck that fuckin' combustion. After a few decades of smoking weed, vaporization has been great for me--less lung damage and not so much of that heavy feeling you get in your lungs---gak gak drool cough spit gak cough you probably know the symptoms. Has anyone found some different bubblers and extensions for this iv-1--I really like it compared to other vapes I've tried. It's a little hard to figure out how to get the thing going and how to adjust it. I still haven't figured out how I got it into and out of the locked position. Just leave it on unlocked so you can change the temps. This thing works titz as it is but some different extensions and bubblers would be cool. Anyone?

bigblock,

Poostuff

Please delete
I've ordered one but it isn't here yet so I can't help but there's a few videos up if you search. If it was me I'd just keep pressing buttons. Good luck.

Poostuff,

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
@bigblock Hold the up and down button at the same time to change the lock and flavor mode. You can only change the temp while it is in stand-by.

jojo monkey,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
@DopeShow
I tried this last night in my ecapple and wow ! This took my VAPE to new level!! I used 2 small...very small.. drops mixed in with the herb. I filled the chamber first with herb then added the small drops of VG and used a small tool to mix it in a little. I made sure no VG went to the bottom of the chamber. The clouds were amazing! I also think it helps to fully extract all of the material from the herbs because like you said, the ABV comes out nice and dark.Before trying this method, I was using my Ecapple at 400° to start my session and finish at 405° which would produce nice clouds and turn the herb brown but after adding the VG, the 405° temp made me cough a little. So now I can get fully medicated on a lower temp .... Blow massive clouds and fully extract every bit of vapor from the herb. Call me crazy but I actually think I got more medicated from a single session than I have before trying this method. If anyone wants to try this make sure to empy the chamber as soon as you are done with your session. The VG is fully vaped and the ABV is completely dry. This has really put the iv-1 above the rest in my opinion because with the bubbler you can see the clouds fully fill the bubbler and when the temp drops you really notice now because the clouds start to dicipate a lot when the temp drops.

Also @LarryYo thanks for the link to that bubbler. I will order 1 this weekend and see how it works. It looks longer than the bubler that comes with the iv-1 Which I think may be better.

These suggestions are great that's why I love this forum!! :clap:
Is it safe to vape e-liquid at this temperatures?
I thought e-liquid must to be vaped at lower temp for health reasons...!

PPN,

DopeShow

Is it safe to vape e-liquid at this temperatures?
I thought e-liquid must to be vaped at lower temp for health reasons...!

Vaping e-liquid in a convection vaporizer is much safer than doing it in an atomizer. If u look at some of the research done on combustion of pg/vg it can become unstable and break down into hazardous substances at temperatures over 350 C. Since the ecapple and most convection vapes are limited to 225 C u are nowhere near the flash point of these substances.
There is definitely a possibility however of this temperature being reached in a coil based atomiser. I would like to mention also that if u leave the e-liquid too long or flood the chamber of the vaporizer it may heat up to the unsafe flash point.

DopeShow,

LarryYo

Hey guys I heard down the pipeline that there will be a new bubbler attachment from gearspek! its nice I am just waiting for them to put it on the website so i can order me on of those bad boys its a beasty

LarryYo,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
e-capple is conduction, not convection, isn't it?

althought I understood your mind about vaping e-liquid in vaporizers.

PPN,

DopeShow

e-capple is conduction, not convection, isn't it?

althought I understood your mind about vaping e-liquid in vaporizers.

The ecapple uses a heating element to pass hot air through a ceramic chamber therefore I'd class it as a convection vaporizer. The issue with this and all other similar types of vaporizer(which is most of them on the market ) is that if it is heating for long enough the chamber could reach temperature hot enough for conduction to occur and therefore u r material may combust a little. Iv noticed this happen a few times using my ecapple when iv had a long session on max temp.
I hope this information is useful to u.
On a side note I reckon the arizer air or solo are the only vaporizers not to do this as it has an all glass chamber but more importantly the chamber itself is removable so you can take it out after each draw to reduce the herb chamber from heating to combustible temperatures.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
The ecapple uses a heating element to pass hot air through a ceramic chamber therefore I'd class it as a convection vaporizer. The issue with this and all other similar types of vaporizer(which is most of them on the market ) is that if it is heating for long enough the chamber could reach temperature hot enough for conduction to occur and therefore u r material may combust a little. Iv noticed this happen a few times using my ecapple when iv had a long session on max temp.
I hope this information is useful to u.
On a side note I reckon the arizer air or solo are the only vaporizers not to do this as it has an all glass chamber but more importantly the chamber itself is removable so you can take it out after each draw to reduce the herb chamber from heating to combustible temperatures.
That sounds like conduction to me. If there is not a screen in the bottom of the load chamber then it is 100% conduction. If there is not direct access for hot air to pass through the herbs then there is no convection happening, however there can be IR heat created.

nosmoking,
Reactions: nondarb

DopeShow

That sounds like conduction to me. If there is not a screen in the bottom of the load chamber then it is 100% conduction. If there is not direct access for hot air to pass through the herbs then there is no convection happening, however there can be IR heat created.

There is a screen and a closed air path through the heating element.
No convection vaporizer on the market is 100% efficient I mentioned this in my earlier reply. Tho I reckon the quick heat up time with the ecapple reduces this conduction effect.
Would appreciate if someone could suggest a better portable vaporizer based on these criteria.

LarryYo

@DopeShow I usually tend to heat my chamber up for a minute or 2 so that it can warm up. I dont know if this helps for anything but i see a difference in my sesh's when i do this.

LarryYo,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
No convection vaporizer on the market is 100% efficient I mentioned this in my earlier reply.
You should do more research on this site as you will find that is very untrue. A true convection vaporizer will be 100% efficient and there are several on the market that are true convection vaporizers, however the ecapple does not appear to be one. I have not gotten a great look into the inside of the heat chamber but from the video reviews it appears to be similar to a Flowermate V5 heating chamber which is a conduction heating chamber.

Last edited:
nosmoking,

DopeShow

You should do more research on this site as you will find that is very untrue. A true convection vaporizer will be 100% efficient and there are several on the market that are true convection vaporizers, however the ecapple does not appear to be one. I have not gotten a great look into the inside of the heat chamber but from the video reviews it appears to be similar to a Flowermate V5 heating chamber which is a conduction heating chamber.

I appreciate u r knowledge on this matter and what u are saying is correct that this is a conduction vaporizer. To clarify im saying that due to the quick heat up time the ceramic chamber will not get time to heat up therefore there will be more convection due to the hot air passing through the herb than there is conduction. So if i take a long inhale then power down the unit before i restart at a higher temp for another draw less conduction will occur. Especially because the air will cool the sides of the ceramic chamber.
That's why I suggested this is more efficient than any other portable vaporizer on the market. I can only assume u mean the firefly or mighty which I wasn't too impressed with. As I mentioned the arizer air (which I use alot) is the most efficient but it definitely still conducts heat a little.
Sorry for the long retort but wanted to clear up exactly what i meant. Again if u can suggest a better portable vaporizer pls do.

DopeShow,

DopeShow

@DopeShow I usually tend to heat my chamber up for a minute or 2 so that it can warm up. I dont know if this helps for anything but i see a difference in my sesh's when i do this.

This works good for getting a nice dark abv with dry herb. Only was explaining how I usually power it down after each hit to let the chamber cool. Works better this way when using e liquid with u r materials.

I got a message from the manufacturers saying they are working on a new model with 9 sec heat up time!☺Let's hope they change the mouthpiece a bit too.

DopeShow,
Top Bottom