ecapple iV-1

DopeShow

That's awesome. You can buy straight 12mm glass tubes that fit the mouthpiece too. I'm sure I'll find a final solution now iv ordered a few new connection pieces. Can u let me know where u sourced the glass bubbler?

DopeShow,

DopeShow

Also was trying to start a discussion on using vg (vegetable glycerine) mixed with weed in a convection vaporizer. I know it's off topic but I'm wondering whether anyone else has tried this. Mix a few drops of e juice with u r ground up herb and put it straight in the chamber. Get huge cloud of vapour that way.

DopeShow,

LarryYo

Dab connoisseur.... I just like dabs.... a lot
Il have to try that after work wouldnt that gunk up the chamber though?
well it should vaporize but i dont know if it will hit a high enough heat to vape the VG it is a much denser and thicker liquid. Possibly PG since it is a polymer and would combine better with the herb and would vaporize quicker

LarryYo,

LarryYo

Yeah man i stay involved in the vape industry i do a little consulting work with different shops and stores so i make some good friends. lol but yeah i was very happy to find that. Low key i teared up when i found out my bubbler was broken.... but its all better now and i have so many spares in different colors totally worth $50 lol

LarryYo,

DopeShow

I know it's a fast growing business I only started to vape a month ago and already spent +£100s on it. Worth it tho. Products harder to find here in the UK.

I use a mix of pg/vg and a little bit of water to try and get the boiling point to near 220C. Any ejuice or mixture iv tried seems to work fine. It works best through my a river tower

DopeShow,

LarryYo

Yeah but you guys have billz billz sariff there he makes the meanest pokevapes! i want to order one but they are expensive and the shipping is nuts since its coming from the UK. I have been vaping for a little over 4 years now and i have probably spend close to 3-4k USD but so close to 2-2.5k GPB. the last couple years it gets very expensive after awhile. i have some tincture i made for APV il try adding some of that to the bowl see if it effects the cloud production.

LarryYo,

DopeShow

....arizer tower but can get clouds from this ecapple too. Use 2 drops per bowl or I usually premix in my stash tin. It cooks the herb a dark brown colour.
Iv tried to make various extractions to put in an ecig but eventually settled on this method. I really think there's room for developing a product for this purpose. ...
But give it a try u will be amazed....
Tho get u r mix right, not too damp!

DopeShow,

DopeShow

I will give it a try today see how it works!

I really think there's a place for products specifically designed to do this. As I mentioned a desktop vape is best if u wanna get the full effect. Specifically one with a glass chamber because if the liquid touches the chamber it burns too harsh. Let me know how u get on✌
...again i recommend 2 drops per bowlful

DopeShow,

LarryYo

Looks like they're for the e-pen style vapes, looks like there's a few different styles, http://www.dhgate.com/price/evod-hookah-price.html
Looks like there are couple pieces i would like to try they should all fit about the same. I found the skull doesn't fit so well on it after one bowl there is too much stress on the glass and it started to crack. But looked really cool while i was using it.

@DopeShow I put some tincture in instead of just a plain pg/vg blend and it worked very well was not disappointed! cheers mate!

LarryYo,

ReggieB

I take it you guys are aware that there are various e-juices especially prepared for mixing with concentrates? I can't give you any links but I seem to recall something called EJMix which has a better quality PG part for holding the concentrate in a proper suspension (too much VG and it'll just separate apparently).

ReggieB,

LarryYo

Yeah i make tincture's before i started doing dry herb vaporization and would infuse a lot of my e liquids with it. so i just grabbed some left over tincture mix to add to the chamber and it worked out pretty well.

LarryYo,
Reactions: ReggieB

DopeShow

I honestly don't think u can mix any extract i.e BHO or qwiso or wax with ejuice (vg/pg) without doing something called a solent exchange which u need a costly piece of lab equipment. Even then I don't know how stable or concentrated the end product would be. It would need a good lab to produce a liquid based THC.
@LarryYo glad u has success with the tincture. I really like how smooth it smokes. A glass chamber is def the way to go. If u let it cook in the ceramic chamber it gets too harsh. I'm vaping now with the ecapple and yes my mouthpiece has come apart! Not a big issue tho.
@ReggieB cheers for the info☺

DopeShow,

ReggieB

Apparently, it's pretty simple to mix concentrates with ejuice, there was a video on youtube, it was done in 5 minutes, you just need a tall bottom shot glass and a pan of hot water to warm it all in, put your plain ejuice into the glass, drop your concentrate in, let it warm but don't boil it, give it a stir and you're done. Of course PG is the key, vg gives more vapour but it's not very good for holding complex flavours, hence using more PG to make it stable.

ReggieB,

DopeShow

The problem is oil or wax is not soluble in glycerol which is a water based solvent. I wonder if we could ask a moderator to start a thread regarding this topic. I'm no expert but tried with all kinds of concentrate.

Yeah i make tincture's before i started doing dry herb vaporization and would infuse a lot of my e liquids with it. so i just grabbed some left over tincture mix to add to the chamber and it worked out pretty well.

Just had an idea... I'll use the ABV to make tincture to put on dry herb. Then I'll use the herb to make more ABV.:clap:

Mod note: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:
DopeShow,
Reactions: LarryYo

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I wonder if we could ask a moderator to start a thread regarding this topic.
There's no reason you can't start a thread on this yourself.

However, let's keep the ejuice conversation out of this thread as it is off topic.

momofthegoons,

DopeShow

Thanks for letting me know and correcting my posts. The interface is a bit tricky on a small phone screen. I'm new to the site not really sure how to start a thread tbh or even what topic it would come under.
I'm interested in speaking to someone with experience using glycerol mixes with convection vaporizer on the appropriate forum.
As for the ecappple i am happy to discuss it's attributes further. Been using it for a week now.☺

DopeShow,

ReggieB

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IV-2-in-1-vaporizer-dry-wax/111809562221 this one is saying it comes with a wax cup... Not heard about this, I wonder what it looks like and where you can get them from?

As for concentrates, with the volcano, you get a liquid pad, which you can apparently just use directly with tincture, you just put a few drops on the pad, put it in the volcano, give it a quick blast on low heat on the digi to get rid of the alcohol, leaving the good stuff on the pad, then vape as usual. They also use the pads in crafty and mighty, I wonder if we can use them as well?

ReggieB,

DopeShow

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IV-2-in-1-vaporizer-dry-wax/111809562221 this one is saying it comes with a wax cup... Not heard about this, I wonder what it looks like and where you can get them from?

As for concentrates, with the volcano, you get a liquid pad, which you can apparently just use directly with tincture, you just put a few drops on the pad, put it in the volcano, give it a quick blast on low heat on the digi to get rid of the alcohol, leaving the good stuff on the pad, then vape as usual. They also use the pads in crafty and mighty, I wonder if we can use them as well?

Pity there is no pics of the wax chamber. I imagine it will be similar to the small metal cup u get with the v-max pro. I'd prefer if it is ceramic not steel or ideally it would be glass.
If u wanna vape concentrate with the ecapple just add it on top a little bud or put liquids on some cotton wool in the bowl.
I'd love to try a crafty too. My favourite vape is the arizer air so far out what iv tried. This is probably 2nd just down to cost

Last edited by a moderator:
DopeShow,

ReggieB

@DopeShow I'm not keen on the idea of putting it with bud, defeats the object of getting concentrate in the first place ;) It really struck me last night how easy it was to just smear some wax on a volcano liquid pad and just use it. Cotton seems like almost the same idea but a lot more disposable, with the liquid pad it's reusable.

The ecapple is the first portable I've owned, I think it's pretty good and will be a tidy cheap vape once the mouthpiece issues are fixed and maybe some attention paid to the bubbler (pita to get the water level correct, so you always end up drinking some bubbler water, needs to be a little taller to make it work properly imho).

I've also got a volcano which is of course excellent no matter what you throw at it but I'm finding I'm using the ecapple as my daily vape just because it's simple and quick, nice amounts of vapour and gets you there fast, just pack that bowl, tamp it down, top it up and you're good to go :)

MadDawg

Also was trying to start a discussion on using vg (vegetable glycerine) mixed with weed in a convection vaporizer. I know it's off topic but I'm wondering whether anyone else has tried this. Mix a few drops of e juice with u r ground up herb and put it straight in the chamber. Get huge cloud of vapour that way.
@DopeShow
I tried this last night in my ecapple and wow ! This took my VAPE to new level!! I used 2 small...very small.. drops mixed in with the herb. I filled the chamber first with herb then added the small drops of VG and used a small tool to mix it in a little. I made sure no VG went to the bottom of the chamber. The clouds were amazing! I also think it helps to fully extract all of the material from the herbs because like you said, the ABV comes out nice and dark.Before trying this method, I was using my Ecapple at 400° to start my session and finish at 405° which would produce nice clouds and turn the herb brown but after adding the VG, the 405° temp made me cough a little. So now I can get fully medicated on a lower temp .... Blow massive clouds and fully extract every bit of vapor from the herb. Call me crazy but I actually think I got more medicated from a single session than I have before trying this method. If anyone wants to try this make sure to empy the chamber as soon as you are done with your session. The VG is fully vaped and the ABV is completely dry. This has really put the iv-1 above the rest in my opinion because with the bubbler you can see the clouds fully fill the bubbler and when the temp drops you really notice now because the clouds start to dicipate a lot when the temp drops.

Also @LarryYo thanks for the link to that bubbler. I will order 1 this weekend and see how it works. It looks longer than the bubler that comes with the iv-1 Which I think may be better.

These suggestions are great that's why I love this forum!! :clap:

MadDawg,
Reactions: tripwire
Top Bottom