ecapple iV-1

ReggieB

Hi all, have you tried vaping anything other than flower in your ecapple yet? I'm wondering whether there are some 'oil cans' that might fit?

ReggieB,

tripwire

Jack of all trades, partaker of vape
I had an opportunity to test and evaluate the iv-1 this past weekend. This vape can hit pretty hard - a good thing!
The heat up time is incredible - super fast!
However having to start the vape from a USB source is a big problem for me.
I could go camping for 2 days and have 4 charged batteries with me but they are no use because the vape can't start after the battery is replaced. Yes, normally in that environment I'd take a portable charger along and I could use that to boot the device but it is still an issue.
So taste is pretty decent and consistent for a conduction unit and the material browns very well and evenly.
Fix the start up issue and this is a damned nice vape for the money.

I would recommend a few refinements.
These are my personal opinion and not a fault of the vape. Simply minor enhancements.
- Have the ability to save/store 3 favorite temperature settings.
- Have a rubberized grip on the body to prevent sliding from hands. The unit has a nice heft to it.
- Fix the screen in the heat chamber to prevent it from falling out when emptying the material.
- Have the ability to dim the lights and display. They are too bright for discretion,
- Reduce the number of clicks for various settings. Ideally, design for one finger operation.

I'm also evaluating the Xvape X-max v2 pro. If the X-max had the same heater and fast heat up time like the iv-1, it would be a clear winner for me.

livewithkindness123

I don't have to start with a usb source and I change batteries all the time . I really don't understand that at all .

livewithkindness123,

tripwire

Jack of all trades, partaker of vape
I don't have to start with a usb source and I change batteries all the time .
This is the reply I got from my supplier, Vnice:
"I got information from our engineer. It is not the problem of our device, just such design. It is to avoid over charge and over discharge, just to protect our device. Therefore, each time you load the battery, you shall use usb charger to turn it on. If you do not unload the battery, it is ok to use it."

Personally I think their reply it is malarkey. I've never seen this 'feature' with other vapes.
Looks like some of us are affected by this issue? I tried backing off on the battery cover as someone mentioned previously but it didn't work with mine.

Last edited:
tripwire,

DopeShow

Good thread been looking for some info on this product. Been using the ecapple i-v for about a week now and have to report it's an excellent vaporizer. I own a few portable vapes (da vinci ascent, v-max pro and arizer solo) but the quick heat-up time and portability makes this a winner.
I did have an issue with the bubbler leaking but was sent a replacement immediately. Also I can confirm that the device does need to be started from a usb when a new battery is loaded. This is a bit of an inconvenience but since it is micro usb I usually have one with me for my phone. The batt lasts me a whole day (about 8-9 sessions) and the abv is always well cooked.
I use it in fast mode usually at 410f tho does fine in slow mode if u take longer between inhales to allow to reheat. I do find it tends to combust slightly that way. Does anyone else have experience with the vape time setting not really sure how to use this?

DopeShow,

ReggieB

I took mine out for the day today and I had to do a battery swap, I took a phone power bank with me just in case but the unit actually started without usb, I did have to wait but I couldn't tell you how long exactly 10-20 seconds maybe? Just checked again and this time it needed a usb boost to start.

AFAIK the usb charging chip has got it's own over charge/discharge protection onboard, I now think the usb charging chip is a Micro One ME4057a 1 amp li on charger IC, I've traced the board from the prog pin to the prog resistor and it's reading 1.301Kohms, I think the 128 on the smt resistor is a a misprint, so it should be charging at 1amp.

The vape time setting is just the auto-off time for the vaping session. I have mine set to 5mins.

ReggieB

@tripwire it definitely needs a rubber grip, or at least an aftermarket silicone skin, screen/led brightness could definitely do with some dimmer settings, as for 1 finger operation, I'm not bothered there, the unit fits in one hand and the buttons are easy to use with one hand, one button operation would dumb down the interface imho when it doesn't really need it. I think the screen in the heat chamber is fine, it needs to come out to be cleaned, without the ability to remove it, that will get clogged and be very difficult to clean properly.

Personally, I would like to see a better mouthpiece, it gets too hot too quickly and it likes to get jammed up with debris too easily. I would also like to see a better bubbler, the one that comes with is ok but trying to get the water just right so you're not getting drops of water in your mouth is just a pain.

ReggieB,
Reactions: tripwire

ReggieB

Meh, my mouthpiece just decided that it didn't want to be a single piece any more :( I think it's been on it's way a little while, when I went to unscrew it, it felt a little stiff, which I had previously put down to getting debris in the thread, anyway, I unscrewed it, the metal thread stayed where it was, with the ptfe thread and the rest of the mouthpiece coming out. Now I've screwed the 2 pieces back together, the stiffness has completely gone and the mouthpiece is staying in one piece. I reckon there's probably an over-tightening issue somewhere.

ReggieB,

DopeShow

Had no issues with mine so far. Modified the mouthpiece a bit for better results and changed up the screen to a smaller filter. Dunno if u r aware but a 510 to Ego adapter fits into the main chamber. I'm using an old pro tank with the coil removed for a mouthpiece it works well and has a good draw rate.
I agree with a few small alterations this could be my new favourite vape.

Meh, my mouthpiece just decided that it didn't want to be a single piece any more :( I think it's been on it's way a little while, when I went to unscrew it, it felt a little stiff, which I had previously put down to getting debris in the thread, anyway, I unscrewed it, the metal thread stayed where it was, with the ptfe thread and the rest of the mouthpiece coming out. Now I've screwed the 2 pieces back together, the stiffness has completely gone and the mouthpiece is staying in one piece. I reckon there's probably an over-tightening issue somewhere.

DopeShow,

ReggieB

@DopeShow I wasn't aware of that but that's very useful information, I'm not up on the thread sizes for the e-cigs, I'm using a 'kik' branded protank and I have a kanger mt3 I think it is, on a vision spinner battery. Just checked with the bits I've got here (no adapter though :( ) and anything that screws onto the mouthpiece or into the ecapple head unit gets about a turn then goes tight, tends to suggest that it's not quite a an ego/510 thread?

ReggieB,

ReggieB

My mouthpiece came apart again today, so I thought I'd try to figure out what's happening, it seems to happen when the mouthpiece has been left on 1/2 way through a session and the unit has been allowed to cool.

It also appears that there are a couple of grooves down the inside thread, which I think is keyed for gluing, clearly the glue isn't strong enough, still doesn't explain why it manages to stay together sometimes and not others, the only thing I can think of is that there is oil/debris somewhere, possibly where the bottom of the thread where it meets the internal ptfe lip above the heating chamber, it's prone to getting gunked up quite quickly around the screen in that area.

ReggieB,

ReggieB

I get the feeling that they should be redesigning the mouthpiece, it's clearly got some heat issues.

ReggieB,

ReggieB

I did some measuring on the mouthpiece, It's probably M12 but the thread is NOT 0.5mm, it's definitely 1mm and that explains why ego fittings lock up after a turn.

ReggieB,

DopeShow

I did some measuring on the mouthpiece, It's probably M12 but the thread is NOT 0.5mm, it's definitely 1mm and that explains why ego fittings lock up after a turn.

I'm sure if u contact the manufacturer they will send u a replacement mouthpiece. They sent me a new bubbler for free and this one doesn't leak. Tho I find the draw is still too tight through it. They really should include a straight glass mouthpiece connection with it.
As of now I'm simply pushing a drip tip from an e cig tank into the mout

DopeShow,

LarryYo

Dab connoisseur.... I just like dabs.... a lot
does anyone have the link to the bubbler and mouith piece for order?

LarryYo,

LarryYo

I had the exact same issue! what i did to fix it and it has not given me any issues so far.

I run a cycle to heat up the chamber without any herb inside and when the threading gets warm enough you can thread you MP back on. It will also help loosen the threading form the debris that could be on the threading.

LarryYo,

DopeShow

search

I use a drip tip from a pro tank which inserts into the mouthpiece. They are all the same diameter I'm sure. It ain't a perfect fit but doesn't come off when I'm using it. Trying to upload a photo!
Let me know if u have any luck getting a replacement mouthpiece.

DopeShow,

LarryYo

I cant see the image but the break is where the stem for the perculator is. inside of the tank where the vapor gets pulled through :(

LarryYo,

LarryYo

I just cant seem to find anything i remember seeing on this thread a couple weeks back that people where able to buy replacement mouth pieces and bubblers ive been looking around for a little bit now but not much luck.

LarryYo,

ReggieB

I'd sussed out that a quick heat cycle releases it too and I already have a spare, it came with my replacement as I got to keep the faulty unit which obv came with the original mouthpiece.

I'm just interested in getting the thread size correct because it means we can look for proper after market accessories :)

ReggieB,
Reactions: nondarb

LarryYo

I'd sussed out that a quick heat cycle releases it too and I already have a spare, it came with my replacement as I got to keep the faulty unit which obv came with the original mouthpiece.

I'm just interested in getting the thread size correct because it means we can look for proper after market accessories :)
I have found one that made me happy. My bubbler portion was broken and have been looking around online for one. ended up checking out this warehouse around me and found that the glass water bubbler part fits perfectly on the MP. It made my day really. I have also contacted one of my buddies who blows glass to see if he can make me bubbler for it as well. But the Globe fits over the mouth piece and so does the skull. I am very active in the vape industry and was lucky enough to find one. here is a link to where i found the glass water for cheap http://www.gearspek.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/glass-water-atomizer?variant=6793877508

Last edited:
LarryYo,
Top Bottom