CERA, the wait & gibberish thread

When will I get my CERA ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
harmudge you made me laugh hard... anything goes in vapeland....can I steal that?

Now when you all get your cera's I want to hear what you think even if you are stoned off your ass. Make sure you tell us which core you are using.

Oh Tweek I hate the mail...that just sucks for both you and TET cause I bet they have to pay the postage all over again unless there is some recourse for the postal service being assholes.

I just ordered that magic the gathering cards for my kid. It is coming from 2 and 1/2 hours away and it has been over a week. Amazon of course but still the sorting facility is close. It is now sitting in my local post office with an expected delivery of Wed:hmm: I still think it will be here tomorrow.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: harmudge

harmudge

Sure Dreamerr, help yourself...spread the love, because anything goes in vapeland...as we all know, you can say anything or do anything you want in vapeland, because at the end of the day were only stoners and won't remember a thing in an hour...;)

harmudge,
Reactions: Dreamerr

nickzzzx

harmudge you made me laugh hard... anything goes in vapeland....can I steal that?

Now when you all get your cera's I want to hear what you think even if you are stoned off your ass. Make sure you tell us which core you are using.

Oh Tweek I hate the mail...that just sucks for both you and TET cause I bet they have to pay the postage all over again unless there is some recourse for the postal service being assholes.

I just ordered that magic the gathering cards for my kid. It is coming from 2 and 1/2 hours away and it has been over a week. Amazon of course but still the sorting facility is close. It is now sitting in my local post office with an expected delivery of Wed:hmm: I still think it will be here tomorrow.
I will definitely be reporting my first impressions and answer any questions if they are asked. From what people are saying about the EO core (what I am receiving), it's going to meet my expectations and then some. I'm very excited to start using it as my daily device.

Tweek

bill-murray-groundhog-day-actor-movie-photo-GC1.jpg

:D

zGaW

Roughly 336 ceramic bodies (14 layers, 24 on a layer).
*Harlem Shake*
Hope mine's in there! I've got a week of sessions planned visiting people with it. Def taking it to CO on 4/20.

treecityrnd

I'm sure we all did some quick math after seeing those lovely pics.
So from the pics there looks to be about:
90 LL cores (about 10 x 9 rows)
90 EO cores (+ a couple random Tis)
336 bodies (8 x 3 x 14 pallets)

It looks like some more Ti EO cores in the box? Are there also LL carts in the boxes in the back, can't tell...

Even if everyone ordered only one cart (unlikely), thats almost twice as many bodies as cores. Are all the cores pictured or do you have another pallet in the back? Where does that put TET on the total number of Ceras that can be produced from the parts pictured? Thanks for the pics, they are beautiful. I like pictures...I love data. Any data? What's the limiting factor for production at this point; the batteries? Switches? It doesn't look like o-rings will be an issue from the pics.

Roughly 336 ceramic bodies (14 layers, 24 on a layer).
Great minds...at the exact same time. Kindred Cera Spirits.

treecityrnd,

HazyDaze

Looking at those images, I think it's safe to say that there has be a huge sense of relief sweeping through TET right now. After a number of unplanned setbacks they are about to send out a massive shipment of Ceras, so 2013 looks to be a great year for us vapor enthusiasts.

HazyDaze,

zGaW

Great minds...at the exact same time. Kindred Cera Spirits.
Heh, I was trying to figure out how many it was on the previous picture but the bottom rows were cut off and I was thrown by the top zip-tied bundle having 3 layers and the next having 4 layers.

Tim it looks like you guys have some work ahead of you, from the looks of it you can assemble a lot even without the part you're waiting on (forgive my medication-addled brain ~ switches?). Are these things hand-assembled? Kind of got that feeling looking at the bits before they become more than the sum of their parts...a Cera!

zGaW,
Reactions: ogcook

OF

Looking at those images, I think it's safe to say that there has be a huge sense of relief sweeping through TET right now.

I understand that thought, but very much don't agree with it. In fact, strangely, quite the opposite in ways. That pile of ceramic, for instance, represents a LOT of money they are gambling (now) on the design being solid. There is no reworking those parts, if they find they need a different size hole somewhere (for instance) they will literally have to pay to have them hauled off and buried. You can't even recycle the material (except to build highways perhaps). Having been in similar spots before I can assure you this can be the most dangerous moment, white knuckles not champagne and confetti.

This perspective also means you think they never had true confidence it the product. I think, looking back, that those at TV 'on the inside' knew they were onto something really good close to a year ago. I'm sure they knew long ago they could move the design forward to this point, solving the (routine) problems sure to crop up along the road, they've done so before. The trick is to not lay an egg.

I'm sure that all along the line they had absolute confidence they could contract for and receive that pile of ceramic if they just spent enough money, no question about that, no worries. The worry comes now (and for a while to come) as they work through the very real chance that something as yet unseen will pull them down. The "huge sense of relief" they seek comes down the road when the numbers come back showing warranty costs small as a part of "cost of goods sold". That's what experience in such things says is the way 'the smart money' plays it.

You Beta Test carefully, do a controlled Pilot Run (neither of which risks your company done right) then you 'bite the bullet' and take the big plunge with Production Release. Then it's nail biting time until you see if you've birthed a winner or screwed the pooch.

Tim,
Out of curiosity do those thermal sleeves cover the actual tip of the MP as it too gets uncomfortably hot when using the LL core.

Unless they've changed from the Prototype unit I got, no the half inch tip sticks out a short distance. Just enough to help center it on your WP but very easy to avoid with your lips if hitting it directly. It's been tested by real people (several of whom I know), it works well. You'll like it.

OF

nickzzzx

So now that TV has copious amounts of switches, ceramic body parts, and other required parts, it seems all that is needed is to assemble them, and test them? Need an extra hand?

nickzzzx,
Reactions: 2ndSight

HazyDaze

I understand that thought, but very much don't agree with it. In fact, strangely, quite the opposite in ways. That pile of ceramic, for instance, represents a LOT of money they are gambling (now) on the design being solid. There is no reworking those parts, if they find they need a different size hole somewhere (for instance) they will literally have to pay to have them hauled off and buried. You can't even recycle the material (except to build highways perhaps). Having been in similar spots before I can assure you this can be the most dangerous moment, white knuckles not champagne and confetti.

This perspective also means you think they never had true confidence it the product. I think, looking back, that those at TV 'on the inside' knew they were onto something really good close to a year ago. I'm sure they knew long ago they could move the design forward to this point, solving the (routine) problems sure to crop up along the road, they've done so before. The trick is to not lay an egg.

I'm sure that all along the line they had absolute confidence they could contract for and receive that pile of ceramic if they just spent enough money, no question about that, no worries. The worry comes now (and for a while to come) as they work through the very real chance that something as yet unseen will pull them down. The "huge sense of relief" they seek comes down the road when the numbers come back showing warranty costs small as a part of "cost of goods sold". That's what experience in such things says is the way 'the smart money' plays it.

You Beta Test carefully, do a controlled Pilot Run (neither of which risks your company done right) then you 'bite the bullet' and take the big plunge with Production Release. Then it's nail biting time until you see if you've birthed a winner or screwed the pooch.

Unless they've changed from the Prototype unit I got, no the half inch tip sticks out a short distance. Just enough to help center it on your WP but very easy to avoid with your lips if hitting it directly. It's been tested by real people (several of whom I know), it works well. You'll like it.

OF

G'day OF

Just to clarify, my post never mentioned that I didn't have any confidence in TET. It was more of a reflection that after a number of setbacks they are finally able to get their units out to the end user, some of whom questioned their practices to such an extent that an entire thread got shut down on this forum and another was renamed as a gibberish thread. As soon as I got wind that this vaporizer existed, I pre-ordered (like many others) and when the expected shipment date didn't materialize I waited. I didn't send any emails to TET, I didn't post any disparaging comments on this site, and I didn't pull my hair out in frustration. And I'm still waiting, but that's the thing.....I don't mind in the slightest as I believe in Cera as a product, and TET as a company.

Cheers

CG420

Over the horizon u can see the edges of the Earth
don't worry hazydaze, i'm waiting too and it seems like the pictures kinda ease my wait but damn man I'm just hoping this will come soon. I ordered in January so it'll be a little while til then. I was gonna bring my cera to MedCanCup's High Times this year but looks like I'll have to skip out on this one..

CG420,

YeeeBuddy

don't worry hazydaze, i'm waiting too and it seems like the pictures kinda ease my wait but damn man I'm just hoping this will come soon. I ordered in January so it'll be a little while til then. I was gonna bring my cera to MedCanCup's High Times this year but looks like I'll have to skip out on this one..

I emailed TET yesterday about adding a ll cart and it looks like they are hoping to have all pre orders shipped by the end of the month. Keeping my fingers crossed, I ordered jan 3.

YeeeBuddy,

1love

Well I got my Cera today wow this thing is heavy built like a tank hard as a rock literally.
This thing is built to last for sure, I'm just charging the batteries, I got some 2900 mah 18650 Panasonic 3.7 volt batteries they just fit the charger I have to squeeze them in just fit everything is charging right now.
Made a switch mod I can operate the switch with my thumb , ill post pics later.
Anyway this unit is very nicely built and again heavy , it would be a awesome knuckle buster it's so hard knock someone out with this thing
Hey Medical Mark,
When did you place your order? I placed mine November 26. I'm hoping for a confirmation any time now. Thanks

1love,

AirDru

Is anyone else worried that today and tomorrow will come and go without a mass shipment of ceras going out?

AirDru,
Reactions: 2ndSight
Top Bottom