Reggie Watts

Im patiently waiting for my cfv to arrive, it must be a good unit, i dont see many if any complaints, but i would stiill like to hear about more users experiences between the cfx and cfv, i was very torn between the 2 units. And the flavor factor between the firefly 2 and cfv.
I'm interested too! I'm looking for a convection based portable that is less finicky than the FF2, and maybe easier to use on the go without having to stir after every other draw.

Reggie Watts,

Baron23

I haven't tried whole nugs in the CFV because the bowl is so small already, but I have tried it in the CFX (which has the same oven as the CF btw), and it works fine there. You get good vapor from hand-torn nugs no problem. I still like to grind it up on all my vapes, but it does work fine. I recall seeing pictures somewhere in the CFX thread I believe of someone who vaped little nugs and then took pictures as they pulled the nugs apart and it showed that it was vaporizing the whole thing, not just the outside bits.
Thanks @beefsupreme - nothing like first hand experience! :tup:

Chandler

:D finally arrived!! came with a dead battery. plugged it in came back to it after about an hour n 40 mins, was charged. i just did a 'burn off''... cranked to full blast let it run for about ten mins. blew air into the bottom to get some movement. will test it out tomorrow!

off the bat -
Pros: small and discrete enough.
- my first vape with a digital screen
- heat up time to 446 was quickest i've seen yet. wasn't counting, but i swear it didnt take more than 30 secs.
- all the little things in the box are appreciated...

cons: package felt heavy to me, after uboxing it, unit feels light, frail. in comparison to my crafty, crafty feels sturdier, stronger, nicer in the hand.
- the smell during burn off. i dunno, but it let off a strong factory, rubbery scent. dissipated a little i think as time passed.... didnt like that
- i took it apart first thing. inserted a crafty mouthpiece. found the fit to be super tight. when trying to place the original mouth piece back on, it took a minute!!! the tight was super fit!! afraid to break anything before even using it, it took time to get it in trying not to be overly aggressive!!

Otherwise, can't speak on much else as yet. i dont plan on experimenting with the different rings right now, they could become a consumable so i left extras in their package. purchased CFV specifically because it was 100% convection. i'm not trying to add conduction to the mix!! (right now!)

Chandler,
Reactions: Maine420

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
It's funny how everyone seem to associate "light weight" to either "fragile" or "cheap".

While I agree it's quite surprising the first time you get it in your hand, believe me this is truly a positive thing:

- The device is super light and you'll forget it is in your pocket or purse when carrying it.
- Less weight equals less damage when falling on a hard floor.
- Two fingers is all you need when using it, it's a plus for those having hands problems.

Last edited:

b0

Cloudy...
IS there any news about when the units with replaceable batteries are gonna be available?

b0,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
It's funny how everyone seem to associate "light weight" to either "fragile" or "cheap".
Although that's a reality for a lot of stuff....but I agree weight alone doesn't means anything (i.e the Almighty from Atman which is heavy and worst than most cheap vapes!).

PPN,
Reactions: KeroZen

david8613

I read somewhere that the cfv has better flavor than mighty or crafty all the way through the bowl, and maybe a little less flavor than firefly 2, can anyone confirm this?

david8613,

shaolinmilk

I read somewhere that the cfv has better flavor than mighty or crafty all the way through the bowl, and maybe a little less flavor than firefly 2, can anyone confirm this?
According to VapeCritic, he said the vapour quality of the CFV falls short of top tier and he considers the Mighty/Crafty to be top tier in the flavour/vapour department.

shaolinmilk,

ginolicious

Think it's funny that vape critic holds a conduction to be more flavourfal than a convection.

ginolicious,

blacksilversurfer

The mighty has its own signature taste. Most strains taste the same towards the end of the bowl in my mighty. Nowhere near a burnt taste just that 'mighty signature' taste. S and bs slogan is purity flavor effect but I must say the cfv has a more pure taste of your herb right through the bowl until it starts to turn brown.

Chandler

According to VapeCritic, he said the vapour quality of the CFV falls short of top tier and he considers the Mighty/Crafty to be top tier in the flavour/vapour department.
Yup. That's what he said! I was a little shocked/disappointed, but he also said the flavour is only slightly better in comparison on the ff2. While he's definitely said ff2 vapor quality is amongst the best, better than Mighty....

Think it's funny that vape critic holds a conduction to be more flavourfal than a convection.
I feel blessed. I'll try cfv for first time in a couple hours, and my Mighty is en route as well. I'll be able to give my own impressions in a few days
It's hilarious, never tried CFV but convection flavor is always better than conduction...
I'm dying to put this assumption to the test!

ginolicious

I would take what vape critic says with a grain of salt. I did read some negative things about him in that he favors other vapes over others based on the promotions or incentives he gets. Not saying this is true by any means. Nor am I trying to spread false accusations but with a comment like that it makes me second guess some of his reviews.

ginolicious,
Reactions: b0

hinglemccringleberry

It's hilarious, never tried CFV but convection flavor is always better than conduction...
I don't think it's that black and white. My conduction vape bursts with flavor. It still gets me every time how amazing top shelf herb tastes with it and I always think "how can weed possibly taste better than this?". My other vape is a wood crafted, pure convection butane vape and the woody signature gives me the impression that it's not as flavorful as my conduction vape. It's still very good, and has its benefits over electronic vapes, but IMO it's not quite as pure tasting due to the wood signature, which distorts the flavor a bit. If the vapor path was all ceramic/glass or SS/AA instead of all wood, I'd probably have a different opinion.
I'm sure what you're saying is true as long as you're comparing a non-wood convection to a non-wood conduction.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,
Reactions: b0

b0

Cloudy...
I don't think it's that black and white. My conduction vape bursts with flavor. It still gets me every time how amazing top shelf herb tastes with it and I always think "how can weed possibly taste better than this?". My other vape is a wood crafted, pure convection butane vape and the woody signature gives me the impression that it's not as flavorful as my conduction vape. It's still very good, and has its benefits over electronic vapes, but IMO it's not quite as pure tasting due to the wood signature, which distorts the flavor a bit. If the vapor path was all ceramic/glass or SS/AA instead of all wood, I'd probably have a different opinion.
I'm sure what you're saying is true as long as you're comparing a non-wood convection to a non-wood conduction.

Totally right there mate, i probably was too radical with my answer.

IME conduction has better flavour, that flavour on a clean ELB with my EVO or in a clean FF2 is unparalleled by any conduction vapes I have ever tried. I sold my ff2 because I got bothered stirring and I have better units for when at home but that vape was the best one to test a new strain flavour, I still miss it even tho I wouldn't buy it again.

Will keep an eye on the CFV I'm really interested on it but still not sure if it is what I really want...

b0,
Reactions: Alegre

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I had a session with this thing last night on my bubbler and the first thought I had was about great taste. And it lasted a while...through more than half the session, which was broken up because I can with a convection vape!

Healthierlifestyle

Anybody got a picture of their ABV? Not sure if I'm over packing or what's happening but my ABV is still a bit green. Set at 390 then bumped to 420 for a total of 8 minutes vaping time.

Healthierlifestyle,
Top Bottom