sweetherb

Mighty is mostly conduction. Cfv is FULL convection.

Having used it almost every day for over a year, I would actually say the Mighty is mainly convection. Maybe that little bit of conduction is eating away at the flavor?

sweetherb,

b0

Cloudy...
To be honest this vape has everything I have been wanting except being able to swap battery. In the end I got a nice offer and decided to pull the trigger.

Full convection, you can choose temperature, cool vapor and in the future some conduction if that's your thing (not mine) with the steel ring and I remember hearing about capsules too. Really excited to try it, hope is as good as I expect :)

1love

I have a mighty and a CFV. I have been using my mighty for a couple years now. I ordered a CFV on pre order but I wasn't able to use it because the mouthpiece didn't seal. I was able to get a new mouthpiece after waiting a month then emailed them then called on the phone so now I can use my CFV.
I really haven't used my CFV much just because the draw resistance is so strong compared to the mighty. The flavor is great on the CFV but you just have to suck seriously hard for it to produce clouds, at least that is my experience
I prefer my mighty over my CFV indoors based on easy draw resistance, flavor is good in both.

elykpeace

exVASted
I have a mighty and a CFV. I have been using my mighty for a couple years now. I ordered a CFV on pre order but I wasn't able to use it because the mouthpiece didn't seal. I was able to get a new mouthpiece after waiting a month then emailed them then called on the phone so now I can use my CFV.
I really haven't used my CFV much just because the draw resistance is so strong compared to the mighty. The flavor is great on the CFV but you just have to suck seriously hard for it to produce clouds, at least that is my experience
I prefer my mighty over my CFV indoors based on easy draw resistance, flavor is good in both.
I suggest you pack a little looser. He cfv gets nice weather you just have to take long strong pulls..long being the first word used because it is key. Takes about 3 seconds to begin filling the chamber with the hot air. I would say I take 15-20 second inhales.. I too had a pre order unit with leaky mp..funny how a little silicone o ring made a big diff.. I found the arizer eq bucket mod to help a lot with restrictions .. also took all metal out of the mp and used a second eq bucket for a hat..

Edit @sweetherb are you able to fire up the mighty with no vapor comming from the top. Conduction property can't be turned off?

Last edited:

shaolinmilk

Just chiming in.

I have the Swift Pro and the draw resistance on this thing is pretty damn good. Way better than any Boundless products. With that said, the battery life is terrible, however the taste is great and lasts long. It definitely has its purpose, however its definitely not comparable to a Mighty, not even close. The Mighty is better at everything except for size and heat-up temperature.

P.S. I chose the Swift Pro because reviews said it has way less draw resistance and I'm glad I went with this one.

shaolinmilk,

Cl4ud3

Just chiming in.

I have the Swift Pro and the draw resistance on this thing is pretty damn good. Way better than any Boundless products. With that said, the battery life is terrible, however the taste is great and lasts long. It definitely has its purpose, however its definitely not comparable to a Mighty, not even close. The Mighty is better at everything except for size and heat-up temperature.

P.S. I chose the Swift Pro because reviews said it has way less draw resistance and I'm glad I went with this one.
I don't get all the draw resistance issues, the CFV has a normal draw resistance. You want to try restricted then your looking at a Firefly 2 and not this.

Cl4ud3,

Healthierlifestyle

I suggest you pack a little looser. He cfv gets nice weather you just have to take long strong pulls..long being the first word used because it is key. Takes about 3 seconds to begin filling the chamber with the hot air. I would say I take 15-20 second inhales.. I too had a pre order unit with leaky mp..funny how a little silicone o ring made a big diff.. I found the arizer eq bucket mod to help a lot with restrictions .. also took all metal out of the mp and used a second eq bucket for a hat..

Edit @sweetherb are you able to fire up the mighty with no vapor comming from the top. Conduction property can't be turned off?

Is this done to improve the airflow on the cfv? If so would you be so kind as to link to a tutorial or post a picture or two? Thanks!

captkrusty

Has anyone that preordered the CFV received the CFC yet? I wasn't sure if they have begun shipping yet

Thanks for the help

captkrusty,
Reactions: busa76

Mr. Me2

Has anyone that preordered the CFV received the CFC yet? I wasn't sure if they have begun shipping yet

Thanks for the help
I think there is a CFC thread in Upcoming and Unreleased. And I'm pretty sure Boundless just announced a delay in shipping the CFC (with apologies).

Mr. Me2,
Reactions: Prolusio

CL52613

Mr. Me2 you are right. Boundless has an apology somewhere online in regard to the CFC and further delays in shipping and supplying to the vendor that took so many pre-orders having been promised by Boundless the vapes would be ready for delivery sometime in November. Then a delivery before Christmas was given, and again has been delayed because of quality control issues at the manufacturer's plant in China. And I asked the question about the CFV and Mighty because the batteries need to be replaced before long in the Mighty, and would consider waiting for the CFV folks to design replaceable battery models. Mighty is claimed by S&B to be convection with isolated vapor path. If I don't have to stir the CFV during the session to get good even abv and it tastes as good as Mighty, it would be a no brainer. Storz & Bickel is notorious for not updating or re-evaluating a successful design. The Volcano is same as it ever was. The Plenty, same as it ever was. Crafty and Mighty, same as it ever was. A Talking Heads refrain, but the truth nonetheless. So I don't see them doing anything unless the Crafty and Mighty fall from the throne. Regardless of the issues, and there are many, both vaporizers do a fantastic job of extraction. And nothing has been proven to produce the vapor quality and quantity so consistently. I hope the CFV is equal or so close only design would identify the two competing brands.

CL52613,

sickmanfraud

Thanks for the help

You can get Boundless updates by reading the summary of the livestream events on 420vapezone.com.

Look under the news section. They don't have too many reviews, but what they have are also worthwhile to read.

sickmanfraud,

beefsupreme

For those who missed it tonight, one of the takeaways is that the CFC (which CFV pre-orders get for free) has a new mouthpiece with a more secure click lid. Units are shipping to POTV pre-orders first and then to CFV pre-order customers at some point after that. They also showed off the final design for the CFV mini-bubbler and it looks great. Puffitup has confirmed on reddit they'll carry it when its available.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Two sensored heaters in one device, that's quite novel!

They couldn't help to use that bloody silicone bonding glue once again, but at least this time it's not in the air path (or is it?), and I wasn't able to smell it. In fact if I had not seen these pictures I wouldn't have detected it (unless it's not in the SwiftPro but I doubt it)

It's still not clear what those white parts are (ceramic rod and cylinder?) and why there is tape on the tip of the inner one. But I couldn't detect that trademark polyimide tape glue smell this time either so...

If @PuffItUp could enlighten us that would be great!

Top Bottom