elykpeace

exVASted
i'm so impatient i find myself combing through this thread every few hours to hear more great reports on the CFV! reports kind of slowed down....

everybody still enjoying their CFV's?? good experiences? bad experiences? vapor quality on par with FF2, Mighty??
Some have had them for awhile. You can look back on the pages previous. Have you watched any of the boundless live streams ?

elykpeace,

david8613

I finally decided, I'm going cfv, all this talk of flavor, I can't wait! How does the cfv compare to the king of flavor the firefly 2?

david8613,

Baron23

no, haven't had the opportunity to watch the live streams. Noticed the brother Early just posted this vid.
hehehe....I love Early. In general, I'm rather partial to the more slick productions of the Vape Critic but you got to love Early. He's just down home NY boy (yes....NY or where else do that have that accent) and I trust him.

Can anybody else confirm that the Swift Pro and CFV are really identical in terms of their functional components and any reason to favor one over the other. I know, one of THOSE questions....LOL

But seriously, it looks like either one gets you the same unit, no?

Baron23,
Reactions: Cl4ud3

Cl4ud3

Same internals, its the externals that are slightly different, look feel etc. I've been told the screen isn't as bright on the swift pro (not as easy to see). The original plan seemed to be differing chamber rings too but from what Randall said there were slight issues with some or one of the rings in the pro so it was changed. Looks like even the small bubbler etc will be coming for the pro so its a case of pick whatever one you fancy more.

Baron23

Same internals, its the externals that are slightly different, look feel etc. I've been told the screen isn't as bright on the swift pro (not as easy to see). The original plan seemed to be differing chamber rings too but from what Randall said there were slight issues with some or one of the rings in the pro so it was changed. Looks like even the small bubbler etc will be coming for the pro so its a case of pick whatever one you fancy more.
Thanks mate....what I thought but glad to have it confirmed by someone I know and trust.

Cheers

Baron23,
Reactions: Cl4ud3

blacksilversurfer

Still loving my cfv. I'm starting to realise how important it is to keep the screens clean. I had been saying to myself recently that I need at least 2-3 pulls before I got any satisfing vapor and factoring that into my session. But I just changed the stock screen in the wpa for a regular screen and I've been treated to instant clouds. Tasty instant clouds.

My mp had broken so I had been using the wpa with a extreme q cyclone bowl as a mp and I must say I prefer this method and not missing the original mp at all.

Also done a good clean on the bowl.
I use 3 screens in mine. (I always think the holes in the bottom of the bowl where the hot air comes from will get clogged with particles over time) I use a 10mm screen right down at the bottom of the bowl, then the screen that comes with it and on top of that a 15mm screen. It sounds like a lot but all the screens are pretty fine and when cleaning there is always something on top of each screen. Anyway after taking out the screens I turned it upside down and gave it a few taps and lots of dust came out. I continued to tap until the dust stopped. In the end I had maybe half a bowl of mostly green herb.
It seems if you don't use the funnel tool you can get a build up of dust down the sides of the bowl. ( inside the unit)

Last edited:
blacksilversurfer,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I don't have this issue but I tear buds apart by hand, never use any kind of grinder. Besides I think coarse grind is usually better for convection but YMMV.

KeroZen,
Reactions: Alegre

ginolicious

What's the issue with cleaning the mouthpiece on this unit? Is it identical to the swift pro in that if you get ISO on the outside it'll bubble and ruin the exterior finish? If so, how is everyone cleaning the inside of the mouth piece?

ginolicious,
Reactions: djchexxx

Thcgos

Vape Addict
Hi all,

Just noticed that Vapor Nation is holding a vape giveaway and one of the prizes is a CFV!!! :rockon:

Good luck all! :tup:

https://wn.nr/2nPQEt
Note: This is a referral link, but please use it seeing as I posted it here for all of you to enter. Karma, but up to you.

Cl4ud3

What's the issue with cleaning the mouthpiece on this unit? Is it identical to the swift pro in that if you get ISO on the outside it'll bubble and ruin the exterior finish? If so, how is everyone cleaning the inside of the mouth piece?
You can clean the mouthpiece tip in ISO and the inner lower piece of the cooling unit, just not the middle mouthpiece assembly or the body. So basically take the mouthpiece apart and only soak those 2 parts.

Cl4ud3,
Reactions: Baron23

beefsupreme

i'm so impatient i find myself combing through this thread every few hours to hear more great reports on the CFV! reports kind of slowed down....

everybody still enjoying their CFV's?? good experiences? bad experiences? vapor quality on par with FF2, Mighty??

I cant compare the CFV to those vapes, but I can say now that I've had the fixed mouthpiece for about two weeks and have had a handful of good solid sessions, I'm very happy with the vape. The flavor is fantastic and the efficiency is great. Noticably better than the already-good CFX I also have. I get good vapor on the second pull from the CFV every time. The battery issue isn't as bad now that I've gotten used to realizing the battery meter is just not accurate. It might report 1 bar left while in use, but when I plug it in minutes later, it starts charging from 3 bars left. I haven't had it conk out on me in use yet, so instead I just charge it up at the end of the night and it's always ready to go. Looking forward to news about the mini-bubbler and steel ring releases soon.

beefsupreme,
Reactions: Chandler

ginolicious

You can clean the mouthpiece tip in ISO and the inner lower piece of the cooling unit, just not the middle mouthpiece assembly or the body. So basically take the mouthpiece apart and only soak those 2 parts.

Wouldn't the middle piece not collect the most honey that needs to be cleaned?

ginolicious,

Cl4ud3

Wouldn't the middle piece not collect the most honey that needs to be cleaned?
The mouthpiece stem will collect the most. You can put a screen inside similar to the CFX mod to collect anything from the mid section, clean it using a q-tip if you want the reclaim otherwise wash it in warm water.

Cl4ud3,

ginolicious

@Cl4ud3 fair enough. Didn't think it was that easy to clean. Didn't want to have he issue of ruining the finish like some other people have experienced. Probably just use a q tip and ISO for the cleaning on the inside. I like keepjng my stuff fresh.

ginolicious,

Cl4ud3

@Cl4ud3 fair enough. Didn't think it was that easy to clean. Didn't want to have he issue of ruining the finish like some other people have experienced. Probably just use a q tip and ISO for the cleaning on the inside. I like keepjng my stuff fresh.
As long as you keep ISO off the red bits you should be fine.
Also :-
4pm pst as usual

Cl4ud3,

david8613

I cant compare the CFV to those vapes, but I can say now that I've had the fixed mouthpiece for about two weeks and have had a handful of good solid sessions, I'm very happy with the vape. The flavor is fantastic and the efficiency is great. Noticably better than the already-good CFX I also have. I get good vapor on the second pull from the CFV every time. The battery issue isn't as bad now that I've gotten used to realizing the battery meter is just not accurate. It might report 1 bar left while in use, but when I plug it in minutes later, it starts charging from 3 bars left. I haven't had it conk out on me in use yet, so instead I just charge it up at the end of the night and it's always ready to go. Looking forward to news about the mini-bubbler and steel ring releases soon.

Im patiently waiting for my cfv to arrive, it must be a good unit, i dont see many if any complaints, but i would stiill like to hear about more users experiences between the cfx and cfv, i was very torn between the 2 units. And the flavor factor between the firefly 2 and cfv.

elykpeace

exVASted
Im patiently waiting for my cfv to arrive, it must be a good unit, i dont see many if any complaints, but i would stiill like to hear about more users experiences between the cfx and cfv, i was very torn between the 2 units. And the flavor factor between the firefly 2 and cfv.

I have both. I would say on the weekend I'll use my cfv during the day and cfx at night. Cfv leaves me feeling regenerated where as cfx makes me sleepy. I often will run my cfv left overs in the cfx and max temp it just to get anything left behind. Cfx uses mainly conduction and some convection where the cfv is 100% convection and so you material isn't cooked unless your pulling that hot air thru the Chamber. Cfx you set the temp and ur off, no going back... Haha

Good luck they are BOTH fantastic units

Baron23

Hi guys - have a friend I'm trying to get off the pipe and onto a vape. His main objection is herb prep...drying, grinding, storing. He's a 'tear off a piece of nug and stuff it in a protopipe' kind of guy.

My question is, aside from reviewers, have any owners run their CFV with just hand torn or whole nug with no special prep and, if so, how were the results.

I know I can do this in my GH (and my Enano for that matter) but I won't try to put him into a GH due to delivery delays and reliability issues and he's not a desktop guy.

Thanks

Baron23,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Hi guys - have a friend I'm trying to get off the pipe and onto a vape. His main objection is herb prep...drying, grinding, storing. He's a 'tear off a piece of nug and stuff it in a protopipe' kind of guy.

My question is, aside from reviewers, have any owners run their CFV with just hand torn or whole nug with no special prep and, if so, how were the results.

I know I can do this in my GH (and my Enano for that matter) but I won't try to put him into a GH due to delivery delays and reliability issues and he's not a desktop guy.

Thanks

I vape whole nuggets in everything I can, so I tried it in the CFV. It works fine, but not spectacular. I still need to dump the nugget out and crumble it to get the best results, which is typical of most vapes. But the CF/CFX vapes are fine without the crumble and are some of the best I've used at fully vaping a whole nugget without fuss.

Baron23

I vape whole nuggets in everything I can, so I tried it in the CFV. It works fine, but not spectacular. I still need to dump the nugget out and crumble it to get the best results, which is typical of most vapes. But the CF/CFX vapes are fine without the crumble and are some of the best I've used at fully vaping a whole nugget without fuss.
Wow, thanks. I had rather assumed that convection (CFV) would be better at whole nug/rough hand torn than conduction or even a hybrid. I did have a CFX in hand a few weeks ago (it was a loaner) and he really liked it but asked the question about whole nugs and herb prep....and like an idiot, I had not tried whole nug in the CFX before I had to give it back.

Really good to know. As I believe I will be buying a CFX, I will also try it for myself just so I can look him in the eye with confidence and say "this vape is for you, now fuck combustion!" LOL

Really, thanks for the reply, mate.

Baron23,
Reactions: vapen00b

beefsupreme

Really good to know. As I believe I will be buying a CFX, I will also try it for myself just so I can look him in the eye with confidence and say "this vape is for you, now fuck combustion!" LOL

I haven't tried whole nugs in the CFV because the bowl is so small already, but I have tried it in the CFX (which has the same oven as the CF btw), and it works fine there. You get good vapor from hand-torn nugs no problem. I still like to grind it up on all my vapes, but it does work fine. I recall seeing pictures somewhere in the CFX thread I believe of someone who vaped little nugs and then took pictures as they pulled the nugs apart and it showed that it was vaporizing the whole thing, not just the outside bits.

Top Bottom