karcer

Hello guys. I bought my CFV in July 2017 from Australian vaporizers. Any chance to get the Terra for $50? Or it must be bought directly from Boundless shop? I can't find any Boundless webpages ;( Thank you for your advice.

karcer,

Northbear

Too quiet around here! To quote a line from Pink Floyd's "The Wall": "Is there anybody out there?" :)

I picked up a couple of the older version CFVs on clearance the summer of 2019. The black one lasted
2 years before the batteries barfed all over everything. The red one still works great, but now I treat it
very gently, no overnight charging, no staying in the garage during the winter months, etc.

While the CFV offers a lot for the money (sale prices as low as $50), the mouthpiece isn't all that great.
I tried using a Boundless "Micro Bubbler", but the drawn on it was impossible. Using the base piece of the
bubbler, I was able to make an adapter that mates the CFV with my Toker glass. Will post pictures some day
when the image stuff gets sorted out.

Anybody else still using a CFV?

Too quiet around here! To quote a line from Pink Floyd's "The Wall": "Is there anybody out there?" :)

I picked up a couple of the older version CFVs on clearance the summer of 2019. The black one lasted
2 years before the batteries barfed all over everything. The red one still works great, but now I treat it
very gently, no overnight charging, no staying in the garage during the winter months, etc.

While the CFV offers a lot for the money (sale prices as low as $50), the mouthpiece isn't all that great.
I tried using a Boundless "Micro Bubbler", but the drawn on it was impossible. Using the base piece of the
bubbler, I was able to make an adapter that mates the CFV with my Toker glass. Will post pictures some day
when the image stuff gets sorted out.

Anybody else still using a CFV?
Flowermate produced the CFV for Boundless. They had their own version: the SwiftPro. My red SwiftPro only holds a charge for 3-4 five minute sessions. But I love the flavor from a pure convection vape.

archangelz001,

Northbear

I run my CFV (V1) for 4 sessions each evening. Looks like the CFV's timeout is set for 4 minutes, so a
total of 16 minutes still leaves me with the batteries about 50% charged. Perhaps the SwiftPro has different
batteries in it or you need a better quality USB cable? I've found that these devices are also sensitive to cold,
I had to bring mine into the house from the garage this winter as it was taking 3-4 hours to re-charge when it
should have been 45 minutes at most.

Northbear,
So I purchased a CFV directly from Boundless on 4/20 for $50. The battery was dead on arrival so I plugged it in. Fully charged in 3 hrs or so (wasn’t paying attention.) Did a burn off then loaded 0.10 gm of medium grind. Started at 356. No vapor. Bumped to 370. No vapor. Bumped to 385. Wispy vapor. Bumped to 398 and finall got 3 good hits.

Is that normal? The bowl looks to big enough for 0.3 or 0.4gm. But small loads shouldn’t be a problem.

archangelz001,

floribud

So I purchased a CFV directly from Boundless on 4/20 for $50. The battery was dead on arrival so I plugged it in. Fully charged in 3 hrs or so (wasn’t paying attention.) Did a burn off then loaded 0.10 gm of medium grind. Started at 356. No vapor. Bumped to 370. No vapor. Bumped to 385. Wispy vapor. Bumped to 398 and finall got 3 good hits.

Is that normal? The bowl looks to big enough for 0.3 or 0.4gm. But small loads shouldn’t be a problem.
I have the Tera, which is similar. Regardless of setting, it takes a couple draws to get visible vapor. If you leave it on 356 you should have visible vapor on your 3d draw and it should taste better than 398.

floribud,

Northbear

Boundless changed the CFV back in 2018. The herb chamber is now solid aluminum.

I've been using one of my older CFVs with the two part plastic herb chamber and
aluminum dosing capsules (S&B). It's my thinking that the aluminum acts as a thermal
sink because the CFV needs 2-3 draws to start producing vapor with capsules.

If I use a basket screen, I can get a fair amount of vapor on the first draw. My temps
range 385F to 410F with higher temps used with the capsules.

So, it sounds like we are stuck with multiple "priming" draws on current CFVs due to
the aluminum chamber. I have a V2 unit to experiment with, so will see if it's possible
to come up with some tricks for faster vapor.

Northbear,
Reactions: 364F
Top Bottom