KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yeah with convection you don't get as much browning as with conduction usually.

You could try to stir your bowl once before completion, but there's not much left really. Try moving it to another vape set to max temp and you should get only a couple wispy hits.

david8613

I have the boundless cfv in hand but i have not tested it yet. i can already tell this is some really nice kit, very well made. Smaller in person, super light, nice screen, very fast start up. Pulls air nicely, cant wait to put it to test. Looks and feels very nice in hand.

david8613,
Reactions: KeroZen

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I did a temp test a while back. The cfv did a good job of reaching the set temp and not going over. It also did a fantastic job of keeping the herbs cool between hits. The bowl temp drops dramatically between hits and it takes a few seconds into the next hit to get it back to temp. When using it on 446 the bowl cooled so well between hits that it took longer to get it up to temp in the hit. I think this is why the herbs aren't darker when done and you can get a couple of finishing hits from other vapes. This thing preserves our herbs so well between hits that the tradeoff is working harder to squeeze the last bit out. Putting it on a bubbler will help to wring it all out. This thing excels on a bubbler like few others.

Chandler

finally put my CFV to the test. i like it. my first session was real nice. i started at 360 and finished at 440. with crafty i stayed at 360. that was comfortable. i'm impressed at how cool and comfortable the vapor is at 440! heatup time, also impressive! flavor. very nice, i agree with whoever mentioned that CFV maintains nice flavor for a long time into the session... Efficiency? very efficient. i'm using approx. .15 per session, and the effects are very nice. comparable to the potency of my crafty, more potent than my Arizer Air.

spoiled by vapman and Crafty, i've become so used to having 0 draw resistance. thats my only complaint right now besides the battery life, but i'm not really complaining. The draw restriction is comparable to my Arizer Air. CFV just requires more patience with each draw. long slow draws for best results. my first session i would cough off of every draw due to the amount of vapor i was inhaling, unsure what the device was capable of. i feel the long slow draw aids in medicating, in that by the time you exhale you've already held vapor in lungs for 10+ seconds absorbing maximum niceness opposed to how i usually take quick sips, inhale for a few seconds than exhale...

looking forward to more testing. overall, i'm glad i pulled the trigger. nice addition to the line up!!

Mighty, Crafty replacement just arrived. i'm going to have a fun night!!

Healthierlifestyle

@sickmanfraud yeah I do store between. But maybe I just gotta take longer draws. It might just be I'm used to the crafty airflow and cloud production. But I'm quite pleased with high from the CFV

Healthierlifestyle,

david8613

Question for you guys, how accurate is the battery read out, im goona check again but i ran mine for 2 4 min session just to do a burn out and blowair in through bottom as recommended and after that the battery was at 50%, but when i plugged it in showed it was at 75%.

david8613

Thanks, what temp are you guys running on cfv, and how can i tell if mine has the newer mouth piece, i understand some were leaking air?

david8613,

beefsupreme

Question for you guys, how accurate is the battery read out, im goona check again but i ran mine for 2 4 min session just to do a burn out and blowair in through bottom as recommended and after that the battery was at 50%, but when i plugged it in showed it was at 75%.

It's .. not programmed right or something. I have the same effect. I'll see the battery meter drop way down (under use/load) and then plug it in and it starts charging from one bar left. I think the logic for battery meter display is too sensitive. Instead of showing you the result under full load, it should average out the results or whatnot to give more of an accurate result. I think in time we'll all get used to this way of display and my rule is basically just remember to plug it in at the end of the night, it hasnt conked out on me yet that way.

beefsupreme,

david8613

So what Temps are you guys running? I ran mine at 380 f and got great flavor, I ran it 2 times like that stirred it once, and i notice my herb looks light brown, I think my hebe titan 2 came out darker gotta check again. Does,this look done.
uhItphJ.jpg

Mods can you fix my pics not sure what im doing wrong, thank you very nuch.

Modnote: Image link fixed. You're welcome.
;)

Last edited by a moderator:
david8613,

b0

Cloudy...
Lithium "fuel gauge" implementation is not a trivial task, quite the contrary in fact. Especially when you have cells in series like here.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/archive/battery_fuel_gauge_factual_or_fallacy

Thanks for the link!

In the end I decided to order one. Was searching a vape to use in my way home just sipping without having to worry about drawing technique, just set temp, music, relax and draw:freak::haw:

Can you use the glass mouth piece for the Crafty and Mighty on this vape? I also remember that people used ELB's on the CFX and CF, can you do the same on this one?

Appart of that the only thing I'm curious about is cleaning it, how you do it guys? What happened with those issues with ISO soacking the mouthpiece?

Last edited:

Cl4ud3

Thanks for the link!

In the end I decided to order one. Was searching a vape to use in my way home just sipping it without having to worry about drawing technique, just set temp, relax and sip.

Can you use the glass mouth piece for the Crafty and Mighty on this vape? I also remember that people used ELB's on the CFX and CF, can you do the same on this one?

Appart of that the only thing I'm curious about is cleaning it, how you do it guys? What happened with those issues with ISO soacking the mouthpiece?
You can use the Vapefiend easy flow crafty/mighty glass mouthpiece but not ELB's, the oven is too shallow on the CFV.

As long as you don't soak a red CFV body or mid part of the mouthpiece assembly you should be ok. Remove the tip and soak that, q-tip the inside of the assembly.

b0

Cloudy...
You can use the Vapefiend easy flow crafty/mighty glass mouthpiece but not ELB's, the oven is too shallow on the CFV.

As long as you don't soak a red CFV body or mid part of the mouthpiece assembly you should be ok. Remove the tip and soak that, q-tip the inside of the assembly.

So black ones doesn't have that problem? Good to know.

Thanks for letting me know about Vapefiend glass mouthpiece, will order from them for sure.

b0,
Reactions: Cl4ud3

stickstones

Vapor concierge
So what Temps are you guys running? I ran mine at 380 f and got great flavor, I ran it 2 times like that stirred it once, and i notice my herb looks light brown, I think my hebe titan 2 came out darker gotta check again. Does,this look done.
uhItphJ.jpg

Mods can you fix my pics not sure what im doing wrong, thank you very nuch.

Modnote: Image link fixed. You're welcome.
;)

That's not done in my book. I finish it off at the top temp. But it looks right for the temp you're using in a convection vape. Conduction makes things darker.

stickstones,
Reactions: turk

ginolicious

Just clean it with a Q tip. The very top mouth piece can be soaked but the rest only use ISO on the inside with a q tip to ensure nothing gets absorbed on the outside and ruins the finish.

ginolicious,

CL52613

Hey everyone. I have a Mighty, supposedly convection or hybrid, and am wondering if there is really much difference between the CFV and Mighty. The Mighty produces great abv without stirring and I am running at 356 degrees, produces nice clouds, cool vapor, but sort of nondescript flavor. Even heavily flavored strains only produce a couple of hits with signature strain flavor. Plus the battery replacement for the Mighty sucks big time, minimum of $90.00. Heat up time, and portability are unimportant since I only vape at home. The reason I am asking, is the Mighty needs new batteries every 4 or 5 months, unless plugging it in to ac outlet, and as other Mighty owners know, even using the orange pick tool the Mighty will topple over in a heartbeat and more so when used with the adapter plugged in. My biggest concern is whether CFV requires stirring to complete extraction during a session and if vapor quality (taste and quantity) is equivalent. Was looking at Da Vinci IQ but size of the bowl, conduction vapor, and maintenance issues (cleaning air path below flavor chamber) had me re-evaluate.

CL52613,

sweetherb

Hey everyone. I have a Mighty, supposedly convection or hybrid, and am wondering if there is really much difference between the CFV and Mighty. The Mighty produces great abv without stirring and I am running at 356 degrees, produces nice clouds, cool vapor, but sort of nondescript flavor. Even heavily flavored strains only produce a couple of hits with signature strain flavor. Plus the battery replacement for the Mighty sucks big time, minimum of $90.00. Heat up time, and portability are unimportant since I only vape at home. The reason I am asking, is the Mighty needs new batteries every 4 or 5 months, unless plugging it in to ac outlet, and as other Mighty owners know, even using the orange pick tool the Mighty will topple over in a heartbeat and more so when used with the adapter plugged in. My biggest concern is whether CFV requires stirring to complete extraction during a session and if vapor quality (taste and quantity) is equivalent. Was looking at Da Vinci IQ but size of the bowl, conduction vapor, and maintenance issues (cleaning air path below flavor chamber) had me re-evaluate.

I too am interested in a comparison between the Mighty and the CFV. I also agree about the flavor on the Mighty. My old one was great in this regard, but the brand new replacement they sent me seems to rob flavor even at low temps. Maybe I am imagining it?

sweetherb,

elykpeace

exVASted
Mighty is mostly conduction. Cfv is FULL convection. Also mighty is twice the price. Why would you compare the two? Hey I want to compare an apple and orange.. well they both are round.. I guess you can say the mighty and cfv are comparable because they are both Vapes... Only now bndls is pulling vape from the name.. so cfv is an AROMATHERAPY device and mighty is just a vaporizer...

My only suggestion is if you have a mighty grab a cfv.. both very different products...

Tbh I don't think the mighty to be all that special just expensive.

Top Bottom