Jen

Very sorry if I've missed it, I tried searching multiple terms within this thread. My question is when the battery is fully charged, does the battery icon disappear from the screen? When I'm charging, I clearly see a battery icon pulsing, but when it reaches the top, it just goes off completely. I'm sure this is normal, but it doesn't say one way or the other in the manual. Thanks!

Jen,

beefsupreme

Very sorry if I've missed it, I tried searching multiple terms within this thread. My question is when the battery is fully charged, does the battery icon disappear from the screen? When I'm charging, I clearly see a battery icon pulsing, but when it reaches the top, it just goes off completely. I'm sure this is normal, but it doesn't say one way or the other in the manual. Thanks!

Hi and welcome. My CFV does that also, it's normal. It pulses as its charging and then when its full, it shuts off the screen and stops drawing current. You can leave it attached to the USB without harm, or remove it and enjoy another bowl.

beefsupreme,
Reactions: Cl4ud3

Jen

Hi and welcome. My CFV does that also, it's normal. It pulses as its charging and then when its full, it shuts off the screen and stops drawing current. You can leave it attached to the USB without harm, or remove it and enjoy another bowl.
THANK YOU!

Jen,

Telotee

That's upside down. The wax is supposed to melt into the cotton, lid facing up

On the instruction manual it shows the cap down. Not sure how to post a pic of it. The cap lid has a raised lip. I don't think wax would leak out unless you put too much. Just wanted to know if the cotton is needed. I would rather not use the cotton. Thanks Youngleaner for your response

Telotee,

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
@stickstones or any FC member who might know the answer....

Were the replacement MP's for the CFV's going to also address the issue regarding their paint/plastic reaction (pitting/discoloration) to cleaning with iso?

As well, a number of us have asked for the MSDS from @Boundless Vape Technology but to my knowledge there has been no response.

Anyone have an update on these issues?

Fat Freddy,

YungLeaner

On the instruction manual it shows the cap down. Not sure how to post a pic of it. The cap lid has a raised lip. I don't think wax would leak out unless you put too much. Just wanted to know if the cotton is needed. I would rather not use the cotton. Thanks Youngleaner for your response
From my own experience the cotton needs to be below the wax. I'm
Not sure what the manual says but given that it likely was made in china I'm also not sure that it has the final word in the matter. The basic idea is that concentrate needs a heated material upon which to vaporize. Concentrate on a screen when heated will really just drip and get everywhere. This is why people tend to sandwhich it between flower or place it atop cotton. I promise it will work better with the cotton underneath. If you aren't comfortable with the cotton boundless uses, PM me and I'll send you some organic Japanese cotton.

YungLeaner,

Telotee

From my own experience the cotton needs to be below the wax. I'm
Not sure what the manual says but given that it likely was made in china I'm also not sure that it has the final word in the matter. The basic idea is that concentrate needs a heated material upon which to vaporize. Concentrate on a screen when heated will really just drip and get everywhere. This is why people tend to sandwhich it between flower or place it atop cotton. I promise it will work better with the cotton underneath. If you aren't comfortable with the cotton boundless uses, PM me and I'll send you some organic Japanese cotton.

Ah, makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up. Now I'm on to research cotton

Telotee,

Chandler

Ahhh. Patiently waiting for my cfv. Tacking says it went from Reno NV, and is now in California. I'm in windsor, Ontario. Canada. I swear someone mentioned a few days ago about how puffitup was based in Michigan, right across the border from me! Probably take another week to reach me!

Chandler,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
@stickstones or any FC member who might know the answer....

Were the replacement MP's for the CFV's going to also address the issue regarding their paint/plastic reaction (pitting/discoloration) to cleaning with iso?

As well, a number of us have asked for the MSDS from @Boundless Vape Technology but to my knowledge there has been no response.

Anyone have an update on these issues?

I don't remember hearing anything about the exterior changing. Ditto on the materials question, except that the bowl is made of PEK imported from Germany.

elykpeace

exVASted
I don't remember hearing anything about the exterior changing. Ditto on the materials question, except that the bowl is made of PEK imported from Germany.
They showed the msds on a live stream weeks ago. The top portion of the mp is not able to be soaked in iso (has that satin like finish) I think the mentioned they would put it up on the site not sure if it's the bndlstech or boundlessvapes(msds) or maybe email Eric and he can send a copy?

You can separate the mp into two peices and the bottom portion can be soaked.

Edit: also the swivel top most part of the mp u put ur lips to can be soaked. If you have a red cfv you can see the red plastic that touches your lips is a diff color red then the satin like part.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The only part of the mouthpiece that needs to be soaked, and can be soaked, is the stem that goes in your mouth. Nothing else needs to be soaked other than the metal screen assembly. The other parts just don't get dirty. The inside part where the mouthpiece goes in might benefit from a quick wipe with an alcohol pad, but no more than that.

Brokedance

Ahhh. Patiently waiting for my cfv. Tacking says it went from Reno NV, and is now in California. I'm in windsor, Ontario. Canada. I swear someone mentioned a few days ago about how puffitup was based in Michigan, right across the border from me! Probably take another week to reach me!

Sorry Chandler, that was me. I based the Michigan thing purely on the SMS phone number listed on their website. It's a 269 area code which is Lower Michigan. Anyways I'm waiting like you; my CFV departed Los Angeles yesterday.

Brokedance,

blacksilversurfer

You see.....
I had my mouthpiece crack at the lock which is the bottom piece. I had soaked the whole lot in iso for np more than 5 mins. Then the next day the crack appeared. Boundless are sending me a new mp. But I'm starting to feel it cracked because of the iso. I have the black version and had no issues with any paint....

blacksilversurfer,

Brokedance

The manual has no section on cleaning/maintenance. I've contacted Boundless to ask if they could provide some guidelines for cleaning.

Brokedance,

Chandler

my CFV departed Los Angeles yesterday.
Nice. We'll see who gets theirs first!
Interesting, haven't received tracking but my crafty Should also be leaving California right now, can't wait for em' both to reach... air n vapman are holding me down in the meantime!

Chandler,

Healthierlifestyle

Just a quick question in regards to the mouth piece. My CFV seems to be doing well with the mouth piece but is just a monster through water. Nothing but smooth and flavorful hits. But my question is in regards to the mouth piece which has the clear O-ring on it. Is this the mouth piece I need to get updated? Purchased from puffitup just last week!

Healthierlifestyle,

Brokedance

But my question is in regards to the mouth piece which has the clear O-ring on it. Is this the mouth piece I need to get updated? Purchased from puffitup just last week!

I purchased on Monday and asked the same question to Jake at PIU. This was his response:

"We carry the newest version of the CFV with the corrected airtight mouthpieces - the leaking problem was solved before release. =)"

Cl4ud3

Just a quick question in regards to the mouth piece. My CFV seems to be doing well with the mouth piece but is just a monster through water. Nothing but smooth and flavorful hits. But my question is in regards to the mouth piece which has the clear O-ring on it. Is this the mouth piece I need to get updated? Purchased from puffitup just last week!
Only pre-orders from Boundless needed new mouthpieces, all store bought ones and all current ones are good.

Chandler

i'm so impatient i find myself combing through this thread every few hours to hear more great reports on the CFV! reports kind of slowed down....

everybody still enjoying their CFV's?? good experiences? bad experiences? vapor quality on par with FF2, Mighty??

Chandler,
Top Bottom