Arizer Solo

hookedonvape

Got the new pvhes and shorty pvhes. I love them. My shorty is really jagged though. They both fit tighter and i noticed that the bottom of the shorty is not even. One side of the bowl is bigger and its not cut as smooth with the channels as the reg pvhes. its almost looks broke then ground down. I know it has to get cut down but this is not the norm correct? Ivknow PV is on here so i was hoping he reads this. l love the product just looks like it might actually break the solo.lol. i also question the airpath. I think the new stems help but if you were just to suck on the ss bowl you would feel suction on the bottom. New pvhes-more air from the top. Good unit that could have been great with a true convection. Also the only ceramic on the unit is a mm strip that holds some wires near the ss bowl. Take it apart and see. They really drum up " ceramic heating element.lol. my norm stems are loose as hell now with the PV stems.blove them, won't go back. Peace. Vaped

hookedonvape,
Got the new pvhes and shorty pvhes. I love them. My shorty is really jagged though. They both fit tighter and i noticed that the bottom of the shorty is not even. One side of the bowl is bigger and its not cut as smooth with the channels as the reg pvhes. its almost looks broke then ground down. I know it has to get cut down but this is not the norm correct? Ivknow PV is on here so i was hoping he reads this. l love the product just looks like it might actually break the solo.lol. i also question the airpath. I think the new stems help but if you were just to suck on the ss bowl you would feel suction on the bottom. New pvhes-more air from the top. Good unit that could have been great with a true convection. Also the only ceramic on the unit is a mm strip that holds some wires near the ss bowl. Take it apart and see. They really drum up " ceramic heating element.lol. my norm stems are loose as hell now with the PV stems.blove them, won't go back. Peace. Vaped

I agree, i feel the suction on the bottom, even if it is slight, it shows the air paths are connected. Im looking forward to what steve says in reply to Stickstones. Until then its all just speculation from me. I swear i thought more people believed the solo had a bad airpath. Someone opened their solo and found glue all inside, someone found wires in the airpath, someone took their unit apart and came to the conclusion that "The point of concern is where that plate and the hot part of the mica heater assembly come into close quarters, at the center underneath the mica heater assembly. At this point the distance between the two pieces is less than 1/16. It is VERY close and get pretty hot." In all honesty i find the solo airpath a little iffy and until Arizer discusses it and can say that no air passes through batteries or electronics etc i cant positively say it is a 100% safe airpath. I'll pull my video and retape it if the results are different.

VaporBoxed,
@VaporBoxed, some points for the video:

The taste is probably bad because for you because you use the solo standing up. This way with the slightest vibrations when not inhaling, herb will touch the SS bowl and next hit will taste like burnt popcorn. By leaving the stem in there between hits you also make the conduction characteristics more profound as well as the iR ones. This leads to greater decarboxylation if a remember correct and it also affects the taste. I am used to remove the stem after each draw and always use the stem as a pipe and the solo as a lighter. This way no herb touches the bowl and the taste remains great to the end (you can also have the same result if you are using a second screen to cover the herbs in the glass bowl).

Also, I have used my Solo in public numerous times. Of course TV is stealthier as it looks like a big ecig but I have passed the solo for a herbal ecig some times, you just have to do the explaining as most will ask...

As for the hard draw of the Solo there are some tricks to do like the one with the inverted ring or the wiggling stem and the even better solution that is Ed's wooden stems or PlanetVapes glass ones. When home I have no problems with restricted airflow as I always use my trusty VaporLung! ;) It does the hard job instead of my lungs! :lol:

I am going to get a TV myself some day to complement my Solo for a couple of activities like biking and quick hits during manual work, but I am sure it will never be the plug and play Solo or a HI for home use which I bet for most people is where they vape most...

1st point : I only have a straight stem so i cant really use it upside down unless in my bubbler. The taste is good for the first 6 drags but after i say hit 7 it still produces lots vapor but the taste is not there. Atleast that is how it is for me, even with the load pushed in, or capped with another screen.

Point 2: In the video i stated if you want to use a portable without people giving you weird looks go with the thermovape. The reason being is that the arizer solo has a glass stem that looks like a stoner type piece. I dont want to ever have to explain myself to anyone, or have someone judge me in public. So to by pass that issue i use the TV in public because its small and not easily noticable. It looks like an e-cig and doesnt have a pipe sticking out of it.

Point 3: I dont have any problem with the airflow restriction and i didnt bring it up in the video.

Thanks for the input.

VaporBoxed,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Okay so recently i have noticed a large number of users asking which portable vape is better out of the TV and the Solo. I figured i would put together a quick comparison review of both. Hopefully it helps someone who is looking to buy a new portable.

At least get your facts right ...
The air path is not like the EQ and the taste is amazing IMO
You make it sound like the solo vapor is bad...
I'd think that quantity of vapor mean quality weed...

I did not taste the TV however, and there are certainly ways to keep the taste well...
The wood stem does a fantastic job in sustaining the taste and I'd never gotten the popcorn taste with double screening it...

Also V4L and ED, the screens you sent me are by far the best I have, it might work amazing on glass - I think you know its good where you need to clean it since its becoming brown ;)

natural farmer

@vaporboxed

hey man, I know you didn't talk about restriction, I was making a general point that affects many users.
As for the taste, come on mate, do you expect taste after 6 hits? It depends on draw time and temp of course and if your hits are 5 sec ones and the temp low you are gonna get taste even after 10-15 hits. It all depends on how long you draw, what's the temp and if you leave the stem in between hits for the solo. If TV has more taste after 6 hits that means the temps are really low and for some that just won't cut it. The solo can spent a load in one long hit. Can the TV do that? That means a great difference in temps!

As for the airpath... For anyone that has doubts for the airpath, you can just open it up and look at the airpath yourself. I have and the unit only draws air from around the stem. If there is some suction at the holes under the unit it might be due to under pressure and that air is cold so it will not heat the electronics. I guess the battery will get a little hot from the load but not enough to fume anything.

As for the glue it was one incident... You also mentioned the Mica surrounding the unit to get very hot. Not so, you can even touch it for a coup of secs when being at 7. Would that make the electronics hot under 2 layers of mica? Not so much to give fumes if my skin can touch it...

Cheers

m0sh

^^ Vid is private... try unlisted perhaps?

Back in topic...people with PHVES....do you use GoNG with your bong or is the stem fitting perfect like the wood stem?

I don't plan on getting the GoNG...

m0sh,

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
^^ Vid is private... try unlisted perhaps?

Back in topic...people with PHVES....do you use GoNG with your bong or is the stem fitting perfect like the wood stem?

I don't plan on getting the GoNG...
Sorry, try now!!!

Zangano Cruel,

hookedonvape

So what about the pvhes shorty. Has anyone got a very jagged one? i understand they had to cut them down but mine looks like it was mangled. No symetry on the cut, glass looks sharp. I love my straight pvhes, although it is so large i almost have to take the cap off for use. It fits the metal so tight I'm worried about a shatter. Already think i chipped it inserting. And I insert careful to prevent injury;).lol

hookedonvape,

m0sh

Great to know...can't wait to compare it to the wood stem...for good and bad ! :)

m0sh,
IDK why he says you can't use it in public? I just was puffing mine while sitting in the middle of a huge tailgate at Miller Park the other day. Not one person even asked me and I was puffin on it right in the middle of the crowd.

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
IDK why he says you can't use it in public? I just was puffing mine while sitting in the middle of a huge tailgate at Miller Park the other day. Not one person even asked me and I was puffin on it right in the middle of the crowd.

yeah, I use mine in public all the time. Very few ever ask, and the ones that do get told it's an E cigarette

I completely agree, that video was borderline painful to watch.

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
also depending on portable use, the solo spends some time in a PSP case, either clipped to the outside or inside my backpack for easy access

hookedonvape

Sticks if you take your unit apart the only ceramic is a little strip holding the wires going into the ss. It's all mica underneath the ss. Ive recently had to do surgery on mine and found this out while on the phone with arizer. Mark i agree i use it publicly everywhere.lol. now how bout the shorty pvhes, anyone else have problems with the glass looking jagged and sharp. I'm using my non shorty til i contact pv just so i know whats up. They now have full bore pvhes with one large bore hole instead of 4 with a screen. Airflow is def not a prob.

m0sh

still not usable? so I guess I imagined getting high in a public f1 race day with 3 stems tucked in a sunglasses bag with my solo in a drink cup, pop one stem out, another in. Looked like I was drinking on a milkshake :)

Lol man that is awesome!!!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer

I did not taste the TV however, and there are certainly ways to keep the taste well...
The wood stem does a fantastic job in sustaining the taste and I'd never gotten the popcorn taste with double screening it...

Also V4L and ED, the screens you sent me are by far the best I have, it might work amazing on glass - I think you know its good where you need to clean it since its becoming brown ;)

I thought the screens I have were a little to fine a mesh, was thinking that I could increase airflow more with a wider mesh. Thanks for the saying that. Have gotten with Randy at Puffitup and he is supposed to have some screens that have the wider mesh and should be sending me some soon. Whats you guys thoughts on the wider mesh screens over the fine mesh?

I also think that once the wooden stems season more after some use they will enhance the taste and should give the user a very distinct flavor for the herb your vaping. I feel like after much use it should just improve the vaping sessions. Not sure how often you guys use the wood but would sure like to hear some input from you all after much use.

Hope all is well out there! Am thinking I will give the Solo dugout idea a shot this week! Will let you all know how it works out for sure.

vape4life

Banned for life
There was alot of discussion regarding the air path many moons back. There is obviously some sort of pass through from bottom to top as can been seen by blowing into either end. Doesn't mean most of the air isn't coming from the top though. When my solo's were new and I took a pull without herb for the first day or so I could taste solder. Then it went away. I think the Solo is the most flavourful vape i've ever used, and the clouds it produces are simply incredible.

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
yep :tup: it felt pretty classy, I don't have any of the new and improved stems from planet vape yet, so I was just using my collection of straight stems out of an arby's drink cup. They use the fat draws sometimes in their milkshakes anyway and I'm glad cause I was milking the thing, but i'm pretty sure no one would have cared if I pulled the solo out. Mostly just a bunch of redneck's down here who wouldn't know what to think about a vape.

kushcabbage,

m0sh

I thought the screens I have were a little to fine a mesh, was thinking that I could increase airflow more with a wider mesh. Thanks for the saying that. Have gotten with Randy at Puffitup and he is supposed to have some screens that have the wider mesh and should be sending me some soon. Whats you guys thoughts on the wider mesh screens over the fine mesh?

I also think that once the wooden stems season more after some use they will enhance the taste and should give the user a very distinct flavor for the herb your vaping. I feel like after much use it should just improve the vaping sessions. Not sure how often you guys use the wood but would sure like to hear some input from you all after much use.

Hope all is well out there! Am thinking I will give the Solo dugout idea a shot this week! Will let you all know how it works out for sure.

Well I have not tried a different mesh but I think the nicks are what doing the better airflow...but who knows...Nothing comes through this awesome screens ... maybe Vape4Life should take a look at them...
I wouldn't change the screen now after I locked the metal pretty good :D

I will try your screen on the PHVES and another screen from J.R.R and tell you if I feel any difference...IMO maybe 2%-5% change ... nicks cause about 20% more airflow I'd say.

m0sh,
Top Bottom