Arizer Solo

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
I live in a non mmj state. Its nowhere near accepting mmj, so when im in public with i i have to be careful. With the solo, ive used it at the beach, stores, and in the park. In each one of those instance i felt very uncomfortable holding a solo with a glass stem in it and people would either look at me funny or ask questions. With the tv ive used it in public and not once did anyone give me a wierd look or ask me any questions. So that is why i believe the thermovape is a better for public use.

Honestly, in my video i thought i was being fair to both vapes. Other than the battery/airpath issue i feel i gave it a fair assessment.
Sorry, I just noticed "ive used it at the beach, stores, and in the park." IMO, even knowing that's a vaporizer ,because I own one, I would be kind of worried for you and more by myself, if you vape in an enclosed place like a "store" if I'm there. I wouldn't care in open air, but, I don't know you, maybe you are vaping crack,meth,PCP, all together and I'm breathing in second hand, no thanks...
Be really careful where you vape, vapors and atoms&molecules of whatever you vape never get totally lost, they just disperse, diffuse, etc etc . Remember kids and people that never tried certain things are way more sensible to effects.

Zangano Cruel,

Zangano Cruel

^^^^^ Actually @Vaporboxed if someone ever kick your ass for vaping inside a public place, It would be in their right, whatever you are vaping, no matter what is it. Many people are allergic or can be affected by anything you can't even imagine. Vapors are really potent because they carry almost pure
unchanged differences from solid/liquid form to gas/vapor. So, in my case, I have kids, and I swear if I ever see someone vaping/smoking whatever in an enclosed public/private space I would react and not necessarily very friendly. Remember your physical body limits ends where mine begins. Respect other peoples rights.

Zangano Cruel,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
It would absolutely NOT be in their rights. I see why you would be upset and why it's not a good idea to walk around with a solo baking a stem of pot, but that is a ridiculously overzealous reaction and get them in more trouble then the vaporist.

I have to deal with people like this every day because with my condition. When my nausea hits, within 15 seconds I need to take a small toke off of my MFLB or I'm throwing up all over the floor. Think logically. I see what you are saying but a lungful of vapor is not going to lead to even a 0.001 increase in airborne chemicals after it's been filtered by my lungs. I'm reminded of the reefer madness era claims that marijuana smoke will poison the air.

Solo from Arizer was my first investment into a high quality unit and I couldn't be more blown away by this portable unit! When I first got it I was nervous that it would not live up to the expectation I had formed from all the product research I had done before buying the unit. The taste of the vapor from the Solo is out of this world! the ceramic heating element with the glass whip style mouth peice creates this amazingly clean and refreshing taste of your blend! My second favorite feature to the Solo is the 4 hr battery life of the lithium battery, this is a total life savor when I have a busy morning or a afternoon full of errons. Not to mention the lifetime warrenty that completely sent me threw the roof!

Zangano Cruel

It would absolutely NOT be in their rights. I see why you would be upset and why it's not a good idea to walk around with a solo baking a stem of pot, but that is a ridiculously overzealous reaction and get them in more trouble then the vaporist.

I have to deal with people like this every day because with my condition. When my nausea hits, within 15 seconds I need to take a small toke off of my MFLB or I'm throwing up all over the floor. Think logically. I see what you are saying but a lungful of vapor is not going to lead to even a 0.001 increase in airborne chemicals after it's been filtered by my lungs. I'm reminded of the reefer madness era claims that marijuana smoke will poison the air.
THC can be very potent. But people vaporize whatever shit now. So if someone is vaporizing crack/PCP/LSD/meth or whatever I shouldn't react?? Everybody have conditions, I respect yours, you respect my condition at that moment of breathing air without what you are inhaling. Sounds fair to me. And I agree there are certain public places that can lead to angry people, and IMO even most liberal legalized states/countries in the world would fine you and create some local/legal/police involved issue whatever you vape in an enclosed public and private(otherwise stated) place. Sorry about my reaction, If you have kids you'll understand.

new stock stems are restrictive :(
if you have a torch you can try the booby stem mod. hahaha
Hi man, I can't remember your torch mod, sorry. But, I got prepared for my 14mmY PV adapter for my new S.M bubbler and my M107 and recently arrived M1D. I dremmeled my 2xPV 14mm GonG stems, first I drilled the 4 hole screen, and then with the disc I did cuts to the rim of the stem bowl. I made like 6 to 8 cuts at least. First try ghetto, second stem better ghetto. IMO go to your local glass blower and make a couple customized if you have the cash. I end up polishing some little chips from the stem after. Just leave the 4hole screen leftovers on the ID to hold the .5" SS screen that will slide down perfectly if you squeeze it gently, doming perfectly on the leftovers glass. I would use a thick toothpick, like a wood skewer to polish any chip from glass. By the meantime dispose of that beautiful ABV or just QWISO it or combust it. DO NOT COOK OR EAT IT YOUR ABV TILL YOU ARE NOT SURE GLASS CHIPPING IS GONE. TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. :) Man, these mods work great. I didn't have the chance to try the new PV GonG moded. new GonG stem but I can assure you these mods give you a new review of the Solo performance. The air/vapor ratio now is so crazy that a new spectrum of flavors arrived to me. I can go in temp 3 forever, nice clouds. Try not to hurry in the pull. If you overdo it really gets unrestricted airflow :)
Try first with 3 slits, then go up till you have like 6 to 8 slits, air shower head :) Maybe you already did this or someone did it but is good. I can't imagine what a glass blower can do. I see a future on really diffused kind of standing on top of Solo mini/fritted/splashguard/tube with moded 14mm GonG a la Cloud style :) , or for those with asthma, something resembling a boro fritted Ventolin gizmo :)
When I went bubbler hunting I was expecting to find your Liquid Sci can, couldn't find it. So for the buck I found mine. Quite impressive for the money IMO. Right now I'm in contact with Glasstafarian, I see a connection between your can, his style in the video and mine. I saw some Hitman sidecar style as well. They look nice, but I really like Glasstafarian work, besides he comes with recommendations. I'm editing some videos. Takes a long time to edit and upload to youtube. I think I'm going to trim and choose the best parts. I'd like more specs of your Liquid Sci can if you have a chance, thanks.

Very nice looking. If this was 18mm GonG I would consider picking one up. It looks like it is 14mm though.
Cheap 14to18 expander...

Zangano Cruel,

Zangano Cruel

Can you post pics of your stem?? Here is what mine looks like, for comparison ...sorry, didn't bother to clean it, it's getting lots of use as you can see...

sRTNL.jpg
I just moded my GonG stems, 8 slits on the rim, and drilled that 4 holed screen, left some leftovers for SS screen placement, :) I would say 50 or mor percent airflow increase

Mod note: When using the quote feature please don’t quote more than is necessary.

Zangano Cruel,

Zangano Cruel

Hi man, I can't remember your torch mod, sorry. But, I got prepared for my 14mmY PV adapter for my new S.M bubbler and my M107 and recently arrived M1D. I dremmeled my 2xPV 14mm GonG stems, first I drilled the 4 hole screen, and then with the disc I did cuts to the rim of the stem bowl. I made like 6 to 8 cuts at least. First try ghetto, second stem better ghetto. IMO go to your local glass blower and make a couple customized if you have the cash. I end up polishing some little chips from the stem after. Just leave the 4hole screen leftovers on the ID to hold the .5" SS screen that will slide down perfectly if you squeeze it gently, doming perfectly on the leftovers glass. I would use a thick toothpick, like a wood skewer to polish any chip from glass. By the meantime dispose of that beautiful ABV or just QWISO it or combust it. DO NOT COOK OR EAT IT YOUR ABV TILL YOU ARE NOT SURE GLASS CHIPPING IS GONE. TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. :) Man, these mods work great. I didn't have the chance to try the new PV GonG moded. new GonG stem but I can assure you these mods give you a new review of the Solo performance. The air/vapor ratio now is so crazy that a new spectrum of flavors arrived to me. I can go in temp 3 forever, nice clouds. Try not to hurry in the pull. If you overdo it really gets unrestricted airflow :)
Try first with 3 slits, then go up till you have like 6 to 8 slits, air shower head :) Maybe you already did this or someone did it but is good. I can't imagine what a glass blower can do. I see a future on really diffused kind of standing on top of Solo mini/fritted/splashguard/tube with moded 14mm GonG a la Cloud style :) , or for those with asthma, something resembling a boro fritted Ventolin gizmo :)
When I went bubbler hunting I was expecting to find your Liquid Sci can, couldn't find it. So for the buck I found mine. Quite impressive for the money IMO. Right now I'm in contact with Glasstafarian, I see a connection between your can, his style in the video and mine. I saw some Hitman sidecar style as well. They look nice, but I really like Glasstafarian work, besides he comes with recommendations. I'm editing some videos. Takes a long time to edit and upload to youtube. I think I'm going to trim and choose the best parts. I'd like more specs of your Liquid Sci can if you have a chance, thanks.
BTW, I use the Y adapter as a carb, with a glass stopper at one end, pretty classy and you don't need to detach the Solo every time to clear :)

Mod note: There is an edit button at the bottom of your posts that can be used for up to 6 hours. As per the rules page, under General Forum Etiquette,

Please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread. Use the Edit feature located near the lower right of your posts.

Zangano Cruel,
^^^^^ Actually @Vaporboxed if someone ever kick your ass for vaping inside a public place, It would be in their right, whatever you are vaping, no matter what is it. Many people are allergic or can be affected by anything you can't even imagine. Vapors are really potent because they carry almost pure
unchanged differences from solid/liquid form to gas/vapor. So, in my case, I have kids, and I swear if I ever see someone vaping/smoking whatever in an enclosed public/private space I would react and not necessarily very friendly. Remember your physical body limits ends where mine begins. Respect other peoples rights.

You have your right to your opinion, but i feel its ridiculous. Im extremely respectful of other people and i dont blow vapor in anyones face or even in their direction. Portable vapes (not necessarily for mmj but for nicotine) are pretty popular nowadays and there is a large following of vapers all around the world that vape in public places... You better be ready for the future because i believe w/in the next 10 years e-cigs are going to extremely popular and will be everywhere. Your point of respecting other peoples rights confuses me. Respect my rights to vape, and anyone elses for that matter, because if you were to start something with me i have the right to stand my ground.

PS: Dont post 5 posts in a row Zangano, you can edit your previous posts and just add in info.

Great points. Im also very sorry to hear you have frequent nausea.

VaporBoxed,

vorrange

Vapor.wise

So, you basically avoid places where people are smoking otherwise you have to start wooping random strangers ass.. At least when with your kids. I don't follow that logic, i'm sorry..

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs

Not so sure I get the logic here. If we are following the logic that poeple could be affected by the allergies, then we should ban all scents/odor causing chemicals in public. This includes scented deodorant., cologne, perfume, gum, breath fresheners, room deodorizers, and a laundry list of items that contain scents/odors. We should not allow poeple to eat peanuts on the street because the allergies involved.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: VaporBoxed

hookedonvape

The air channels may even produce more than that. Ive noticed with the channels on the new pvhes i can pull with just my mouth and not take a 30 second draw and have a cloud. I have to hit eds tubes for a bit longer, seems like the more i use them the better they get, and better airflow. Def go with wider mesh ed. Have to be careful with the pvhes or the new

hookedonvape,

VisiblyVaped

Two things to say....
1. There's more in the everyday air we breathe that would likely irritate anyone with severe allergies and that, when push comes to shove, is more detrimental to one's health than second hand VAPOR.
I remember walking by or behind the bus as a child and the exhaust cloud was Huge. That was just normal...
My dad never wanted to beat up the bus driver....

2. On topic, I need to order a portable ASAP. My iolite sucks.
How bad is it tasting, those of you who recently purchased a solo, and is the airflow with stock stem THAT bad?
Lastly, it produces good clouds it seems but do you have to virtually hold the stem/herb to the solo or does it fit securely?

My first ever vape i used was like that, a box with a heating element you hold a packed stem/whip on....I frickin hated it.

Ok so more than two things i said, oh well.

VisiblyVaped,

hookedonvape

Turbo stems as you can pull the temp on the unit down quite qyickly with rhe increased flow ive found. So I've had to run the temp higher by 1 with the new stems. They vape to a nice golden brown. Eds and PV. Sorry hit reply and segmented it.lol. Vaped

hookedonvape,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Strange, I find I am running my solo on a lower setting, and getting great vapor with the PVHES stem... Ed's I run it at the same as the regular stems.

hookedonvape, there is an edit button at the bottom of your post... in case you didn't notice. ;)

jambandphan03,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Yeah, I'm on three right now and it's giving out vapor like four would with a normal stem.

CentiZen,

hookedonvape

Srry didn't see it. Are people making mods on their stock stems? Just spend the money and go with ed or PV.lol. as far as this dude beatin faces for using a vaporizer in front of him.lol. I understand i vape in public but am very cautious where and who is around. Going aggro on someone cause they were not considerate would just make me ask them to move or vape somewhere else. Where does the aggresiveness come in? And why, just relax and I'm sure people would be considerate of you. You have to give the human vape race a chance so we vs turn more people on to this. Would you rather have someone openly smoking a joint or cigarette next to you? I can only imagine your reaction then. (First curb stomp mmj related murder).lol

hookedonvape,
Reactions: VaporBoxed

hookedonvape

Can you post pics of your stem?? Here is what mine looks like, for comparison ...sorry, didn't bother to clean it, it's getting lots of use as you can see...

sRTNL.jpg
My stem is mangled. Already talked to pv and they are sending me two shorties and one regular for the trouble. Great customer service. He told me sometimes they miss some things in inspection. Srry for the off question. But was it my question that brought up glass chips in the abv? I was reading on the next page?. I'm good, no glass chips just seemed like it happened when i inserted the new stem but was already there when i looked at a pic I took qhen i recieved it. Peace.

Srry didn't see it. Are people making mods on their stock stems? Just spend the money and go with ed or PV.lol. as far as this dude beatin faces for using a vaporizer in front of him.lol. I understand i vape in public but am very cautious where and who is around. Going aggro on someone cause they were not considerate would just make me ask them to move or vape somewhere else. Where does the aggresiveness come in? And why, just relax and I'm sure people would be considerate of you. You have to give the human vape race a chance so we vs turn more people on to this. Would you rather have someone openly smoking a joint or cigarette next to you? I can only imagine your reaction then. (First curb stomp mmj related murder).lol

I modded my stock stem. I just torched it then put 2 dents in it. It worked really well and only took less than a minute. But i would love one of those new stems.

Edited to add.

So i was taking my unit apart to clean out the fallen abv and to try and find the airpath. I came to the conclusion that the units airpath has some contact with what seems to be wire and some time of sealant to keep the wires in place. I found a picture of it (not my picture)
fG2kph.jpg

My unit looked exactly like this and when i blew on it, white particles blew off. When i scratched it where it was over applied it chipped right off. This is obviously heat resistant but what I dont like is not knowing what this material is and if it is safe to breath over/ inhale a bit every once in a while.

Heres my pic.
DdBrG.jpg

So in my conclusion. The air comes from around the top of the unit and slightly brushes past the wire bundle/ sealant, into the four channels around the stainless steel bowl, under the stainless steel bowl and through the small holes into the stem. Any input on this is appreciated.

VaporBoxed,

VisiblyVaped

The positive reviews all around greatly outweigh the negatives. I think some of it is paranoia as well..

In turn, I just ordered a solo from gotvape for 137 dollars shipped. Great price there...
Hopefully ill enjoy it much better than my current portable

VisiblyVaped,
Reactions: m0sh

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
The air channels may even produce more than that. Ive noticed with the channels on the new pvhes i can pull with just my mouth and not take a 30 second draw and have a cloud. I have to hit eds tubes for a bit longer, seems like the more i use them the better they get, and better airflow. Def go with wider mesh ed. Have to be careful with the pvhes or the new

Let me know if you try a wider mesh in wood stem...I doubt it'll make much difference but who knows ;)

m0sh,

hookedonvape

I modded my stock stem. I just torched it then put 2 dents in it. It worked really well and only took less than a minute. But i would love one of those new stems.

Edited to add.

So i was taking my unit apart to clean out the fallen abv and to try and find the airpath. I came to the conclusion that the units airpath has some contact with what seems to be wire and some time of sealant to keep the wires in place. I found a picture of it (not my picture)
fG2kph.jpg

My unit looked exactly like this and when i blew on it, white particles blew off. When i scratched it where it was over applied it chipped right off. This is obviously heat resistant but what I dont like is not knowing what this material is and if it is safe to breath over/ inhale a bit every once in a while.

Heres my pic. Thought not your pic.lol
DdBrG.jpg

So in my conclusion. The air comes from around the top of the unit and slightly brushes past the wire bundle/ sealant, into the four channels around the stainless steel bowl, under the stainless steel bowl and through the small holes into the stem. Any input on this is appreciated.

If you look at my posts that's what I was explaining. That white material is ceramic. They say they have a ceramic heating elemeny, and that's it.lol. i still back the solo, have a dbv with a mobius shower head and a thermovape on the way so ill let you know. Couldnt pass up the deal. All for 354 and change with shipping all because I complained a little. Well my complaining got me almost 700 dollars worth of vaping equiptment from a authorized dealer. Whoohoo, cant wait to use water with my vape sessions regularly. Still gonna use my solo as much as ever just different animals for different situations. The ceramic comes off easy, which is why arizer won't let us fix them or send parts. Its a very simple machine that works well. I wouldn't be worried by white powder of anykind.lol. maybe its not ceramic but DMT. Bonus for solos. Pinch of dmt holding wires in place, have a nice trip;) all fun aside I really wouldnt worry at all just make sure if you have to take it apart be careful when taking that side off the clips. The ceramic will chip easy. When I first saw this I was taken back by the lack of quality. But after its performance I couldnt hold it against it. Still one if the best vapes. Plus you have more ceramic than I have, be happy.lol. it may disperse heat better. Peace Vaped

hookedonvape,

hookedonvape

When you are using any of the newer stems I'm confident my airflow is coming from topside as i can hear the suction. As long as i dont grow a third eye ill be ok. Wait, i want my third eye. What model is that you have pics of. And I like to spin my stems in the bowl to more evenly vape. Does anyone get little rings of wear on the sides of the ss bowl, not the bottom. Peace Vaped

hookedonvape,
Top Bottom