Arizer Solo

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Had a guy mention to me he has one of my wooden tubes, says he put a small piece of cotton of the opposite side of the bowl down in the wood for catching the oils and resins for reclaiming. Was thinking that is a damn good idea. Does anyone else do something like this? Seems like it would be the best way to reclaim. I am gonna try it on mine also!

It's a pretty good idea but some of it I like to scrape and keep aside... its good for the more oily bits...but with the wooden stem the area of the resin is not hot like in the glass which is great for everything expect gathering resin :/

m0sh,
Hey I found the most perfect solo bags!!!! My gf actually did so I'll give her the credit. They fit the solo and two stems exactly! Obviously you could fit more straight then bent. We also found nice caps for the solo. Although I don't know how they will handle the heat. Check them out!

381addfc.jpg

79b2dd81.jpg

VapeNStone,
Reactions: Vitolo

m0sh

Not bad mate!!! I'll just add that I like to wrap my solo with some bubble wrap - i got many of them at work and I just toss it in my bag

m0sh,
Reactions: Vitolo

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
need help with a serial number. The bottom of my solo unit is: M1D2602672 it is the SS version, but is a more of a brass/copper color than the bright silver bowl pictures I have seen some of you post. Does it just turn this heated color tone after much use? Just a very curious user. Other wise love my solo, never had a problem or smell other than the good herbs going in. Have a few of Ed's wooden stems coming in to see how they work, and going to purchase the gong attachment and the new stem from planetvape, stuff looks great. I just want to know what version my solo is! Thanks for the helpful ramblings of 287 pages, almost as fun to go through as the other threads :mental:

kushcabbage,

Nic

need help with a serial number. The bottom of my solo unit is: M1D2602672 it is the SS version, but is a more of a brass/copper color than the bright silver bowl pictures I have seen some of you post. Does it just turn this heated color tone after much use? Just a very curious user. Other wise love my solo, never had a problem or smell other than the good herbs going in. Have a few of Ed's wooden stems coming in to see how they work, and going to purchase the gong attachment and the new stem from planetvape, stuff looks great. I just want to know what version my solo is! Thanks for the helpful ramblings of 287 pages, almost as fun to go through as the other threads :mental:

You have the latest model, following the m107. My m107 has a slight brassy oxidation to it, nothing to be worried about. Glad to hear you're digging the Solo! You'll like it even more with the new stems!!

sektr

I've finally made my decision on my next vape, and the Solo is the winner. I'm planning to order it along with the VapeCase in early July when I'm a little less busy and have more cash to throw around.

However, I noticed Puffitup has a sale on right now for $160 and I don't really wanna miss out on that. How long do their sales normally last?

EDIT: Also, I've heard dome screens make a big difference with the Solo? Why exactly do they IMPROVE it rather than just eliminate getting ABV in your mouth?

sektr,
Reactions: Nic

m0sh

I've finally made my decision on my next vape, and the Solo is the winner. I'm planning to order it along with the VapeCase in early July when I'm a little less busy and have more cash to throw around.

However, I noticed Puffitup has a sale on right now for $160 and I don't really wanna miss out on that. How long do their sales normally last?

EDIT: Also, I've heard dome screens make a big difference with the Solo? Why exactly do they IMPROVE it rather than just eliminate getting ABV in your mouth?

ABV won't come into your mouth hence you can grind it better for better results... double screen FTW

m0sh,
Reactions: ili

vape4life

Banned for life
I've used pretty fine screens and although they make a bigger difference in keeping your stems clean than say a PV sceen, they do somewhat restrict the airflow more, so I settled on the PV screens in the end. I teeny wisp of cotton under it and it's perfect IMO. Just be careful again with the cotton, as too much will hinder flow.

vape4life,

m0sh

Wow...talking about taking it to the max... I don't see any ABV passing ... maybe a little bit but I don't really mind...

m0sh,

vape4life

Banned for life
With just the PV screens I find alot of particulate (not ABV) gets through, not enough to irritate my airways, but enough to gunk up the stem too quickly for my liking.

vape4life,

VisiblyVaped

Narrowed to three choices, and this could be my new portable vape. Sick of my iolite and the draw sucks.
Solo, TV1, No2. Decisions, decisions. Solo needs shorty stem I see....

Thank you all for your helpful info.
I like it here

VisiblyVaped,

Nic

Narrowed to three choices, and this could be my new portable vape. Sick of my iolite and the draw sucks.
Solo, TV1, No2. Decisions, decisions. Solo needs shorty stem I see....

Thank you all for your helpful info.
I like it here

If you will use it primarily around the home but take it out occasionally, go Solo. If you will use it primarily out and about, a super-portable such as a TV product may be better. I find the Solo to be best for glass because it's portable and wireless. Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer my bongs to be wireless. Vape hunting is fun! Enjoy the ride VV!

VisiblyVaped

If you will use it primarily around the home but take it out occasionally, go Solo. If you will use it primarily out and about, a super-portable such as a TV product may be better. I find the Solo to be best for glass because it's portable and wireless. Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer my bongs to be wireless. Vape hunting is fun! Enjoy the ride VV!
I like your style.
Regarding my preferences, I found a nicely priced volcano classic with warranty intact on eBay and ordered it for home bags. I needed the valve, the durability, and the quality of that over cheaper priced competitors. Id like a portable that'll beat the hell out of my iolite, with solid dense hits and battery control over butane. It'll be used at home, in the car, etc.
I don't need super stealth or something palm sized, pocket size works fine.
My concern is a loose stem but id order the planet vape shorty as well...
Does that fix it?

They'll all be under 200, I know the TV is a bit more than the solo but not much. I like the no2 control though the reviews are hit or miss.
Im very torn...

VisiblyVaped,
Reactions: Nic

Adobewan

Second Nic's recommend.
But even though the TV/Rev/Evo are more portable, I still take the trouble of taking my Solo out when I can. The performance difference for me is just too large. I may be one of the people who never really got the technique of the Thermo products down(although the Revolution makes an exceptional cart for the Persei!), the Solo is just so plug and play. I know there were some issues earlier on, but I would think at this point, anyone into vaporizing should have a Solo.

VisiblyVaped

Second Nic's recommend.
But even though the TV/Rev/Evo are more portable, I still take the trouble of taking my Solo out when I can. The performance difference for me is just too large. I may be one of the people who never really got the technique of the Thermo products down(although the Revolution makes an exceptional cart for the Persei!), the Solo is just so plug and play. I know there were some issues earlier on, but I would think at this point, anyone into vaporizing should have a Solo.
So its a bit less portable but much more efficient in your opinion?
What do you think in terms of the stem issue i read about(that you have to physically hold the mouthpiece on, not stable)?
Thanks guys, trying to narrow down here...

VisiblyVaped,

Adobewan

Funny about the stems, when I got my 107, I couldn't get the stem in and asked Arizer why they didn't send the proper sized stems. It just took a couple of seconds of work to get it in. At this point after, weeks of use, my stems rotate freely, and can be slightly angled during a draw(which increases airflow), but there is a slight point of resistance inserting the stem and removing, almost a click lock sort of thing that keeps the stem somewhat secure in it's seat. Don't get me wrong, you won't be walking around your house with the Solo hanging out of your mouth by the stem, but the current state of my stem is an interesting combination of loose and secure that I'm very happy with it.
Your hesitancy and desire to get information for your informed purchase Vis is something we all go through here, you can find my initial hunts in these threads as well. I'm currently stalking the Da Vinci, Pax, and Puff It Stealth(although they're not winning me over), there was the Vaporblunt and the previous Stealthvape but they might be gone by now.
Something to consider, other than the earlier smell issues, I imagine there is very little negative feedback about Solo performance, and quite a bit less compared to it's competitors.
I wholeheartedly recommend you buy this vape, quick heat up, long battery life, and incomparable clouds for a portable IMO.

Good luck!

Adobewan,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
my solo feels very portable, took it to a friends in a soft Sony PSP case, one side held the solo and the other side where the games and memory cards would be kept fit 3 stems loaded up, my cleaning tool, and a bit of extra herbs. Didn't even need to bring a power cord as it holds a charge all day. Might could have had room for the charger, and the 3 stems were all the regular bent ones that one with the unit. Could have fit more, have to try the placement of my new wooden and shorty stems when they come. I agree with Abobewan, anyone who likes a good tape session, needs a solo. As I feel all the kinks have been worked out in the new versions. :science:

Adobewan

Want to clarify, in my experience the Solo is VERY portable!!! It's only when considering pocket friendliness that it suffers by comparison to the TV or MFLB. But it fits fine into the pocket of cargo pants/shorts, a jacket or hoodie, quiver or utility belt.

Bringing it out on the town in a pair of tight jeans would get some stares, "Is that a Solo in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

VisiblyVaped

Im damn near convinced now to get it, might have to charge my visa ASAP thanks to the sale at PIU.

Is it an easy draw to get the clouds.
I'm coming from an iolite which is a notoriously restricted draw. I want clouds and easy draw more than anything (oh and to not have a loose stem that i have to hold, seems that's no longer an issue though)

Edit: after that video, now im concerned about the air path the vapor travels through and the safety vs the Tv

VisiblyVaped,
Top Bottom