Arizer Solo

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Well I have not tried a different mesh but I think the nicks are what doing the better airflow...but who knows...Nothing comes through this awesome screens ... maybe Vape4Life should take a look at them...
I wouldn't change the screen now after I locked the metal pretty good :D

I will try your screen on the PHVES and another screen from J.R.R and tell you if I feel any difference...IMO maybe 2%-5% change ... nicks cause about 20% more airflow I'd say.

I hadnt thought about that, you sure dont want any trash coming through the screen, maybe wider mesh isnt a great idea. These are fine and do believe you are right about the notches cut in the SS, turned just the right way you can really get great airflow. Thanks for your input bro!

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
There was alot of discussion regarding the air path many moons back. There is obviously some sort of pass through from bottom to top as can been seen by blowing into either end. Doesn't mean most of the air isn't coming from the top though. When my solo's were new and I took a pull without herb for the first day or so I could taste solder. Then it went away. I think the Solo is the most flavourful vape i've ever used, and the clouds it produces are simply incredible.

there definitely isn't any seal between the ends, but I am sure that most if not all air coming into the crucible is coming in through the holes in the top of the unit. If you prime your unit, and then blow into it, instead of pulling from it, all of the vapor comes puffing out of the top, not from the bottom. Is anything, I think the holes at the bottom are to ensure that the battery has access to fresh air and so piezoelectric speaker is noticeable.

CentiZen,
IDK why he says you can't use it in public? I just was puffing mine while sitting in the middle of a huge tailgate at Miller Park the other day. Not one person even asked me and I was puffin on it right in the middle of the crowd.

I live in a non mmj state. Its nowhere near accepting mmj, so when im in public with i i have to be careful. With the solo, ive used it at the beach, stores, and in the park. In each one of those instance i felt very uncomfortable holding a solo with a glass stem in it and people would either look at me funny or ask questions. With the tv ive used it in public and not once did anyone give me a wierd look or ask me any questions. So that is why i believe the thermovape is a better for public use.

Honestly, in my video i thought i was being fair to both vapes. Other than the battery/airpath issue i feel i gave it a fair assessment.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I live in a non mmj state. Its nowhere near accepting mmj, so when im in public with i i have to be careful. With the solo, ive used it at the beach, stores, and in the park. In each one of those instance i felt very uncomfortable holding a solo with a glass stem in it and people would either look at me funny or ask questions. With the tv ive used it in public and not once did anyone give me a wierd look or ask me any questions. So that is why i believe the thermovape is a better for public use.

Honestly, in my video i thought i was being fair to both vapes. Other than the battery/airpath issue i feel i gave it a fair assessment.

I don't own a TV but i do own a MFLB and i definitly turn more heads with the DaVinci than with my MFLB but i thought it would be much worse. I only get curious looks now and then and that is it.

I can hide most of it with my hand apart from the straw, so that helps a lot, and there is no glass to break so it is another good point.

About your video, i think you were fair and accurate but some points you made are rather subjective and open to discussion and opinion. I think that is healthy and expected. ;)

I also live in a non mmj state. The only time I have been asked what it is is at night when using it in my car and everyone can see the lights. Then I usually just say it's one of those breathalyzer devices to start the car lol.

Thanks vorrange. :tup:

I actually broke my last stem this morning.
Kitty knocked it off the table and it shattered on CARPET?!?..... so now im stuck with the tv.

VaporBoxed,
At least get your facts right ...
The air path is not like the EQ and the taste is amazing IMO
You make it sound like the solo vapor is bad...
I'd think that quantity of vapor mean quality weed...

I did not taste the TV however, and there are certainly ways to keep the taste well...
The wood stem does a fantastic job in sustaining the taste and I'd never gotten the popcorn taste with double screening it...

Also V4L and ED, the screens you sent me are by far the best I have, it might work amazing on glass - I think you know its good where you need to clean it since its becoming brown ;)

M0sh, until you try the TV i dont expect you to be able to compare the taste i get from both. I believe the taste to the TV is that much better than the solo's.

VaporBoxed,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Perhaps now its a good time to get one of Ed's stems eh? :D
I've got Ed's grandillo, bog oak, and cocobolo wooden stems ordered, on the way! I think the bog oak has 2 slits, the rest have 4 so i'm excited and curious as to how well they will perform on my solo compared to these stock stems

Actually im quite happy it broke. Im very interested in these new stems and this gives me a reason to go out and get one! Also the micro-Dab is coming out soon. :shrug: too many choices. i think ill might get the PVhes

vape4life

Banned for life
there definitely isn't any seal between the ends, but I am sure that most if not all air coming into the crucible is coming in through the holes in the top of the unit. If you prime your unit, and then blow into it, instead of pulling from it, all of the vapor comes puffing out of the top, not from the bottom. Is anything, I think the holes at the bottom are to ensure that the battery has access to fresh air and so piezoelectric speaker is noticeable.

Guess you never tried supers with your wife/girlfriend? lol Blow into the bottom with a loaded stem inserted and watch the vapour effortlessly billow out the stem!

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
M0sh, until you try the TV i dont expect you to be able to compare the taste i get from both. I believe the taste to the TV is that much better than the solo's.

I agree, yet again taste is not a fact so as I was referring to the other subject.

Solo not having quality vapor is also not a fact, TV might have better vapor but it doesn't make solo's vapor bad...from what I read and understood I am very skeptical ... the way you explained the taste being affected by electronic in the pathway is simply false and makes even you bias.

Thanks vorrange. :tup:

I actually broke my last stem this morning.
Kitty knocked it off the table and it shattered on CARPET?!?..... so now im stuck with the tv.

This sucks :( get Ed's Wood Stem ASAP! I dropped it yesterday :D

m0sh,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

m0sh

I've got Ed's grandillo, bog oak, and cocobolo wooden stems ordered, on the way! I think the bog oak has 2 slits, the rest have 4 so i'm excited and curious as to how well they will perform on my solo compared to these stock stems

Trust me, its a different world...my dear good combuster came yesterday and sucked the wood stem and was surprised how much better the airflow compared to stock, then he pulled it out saw the nicks and understood...this nicks are very very important...

I'll try to upload a vid or something later on

Dont get me wrong, I never said the taste was bad because of the electronics just unsafe. I just get a stale taste after hit 7 or 8 but i still get TONS of vapor

Okay. So heres how i see it. I used the same buds in both vapes.

In the TV i dont get the quantity of vapor that i get with the solo. I get tasty hits with a med thick vapor until hit 12 or 14 then flavor and vapor drops off.

With the solo i dont get the quality of vapor i get from the TV. So i get good tasting hits until hit 7 then the flavor fades yet there is still enough vapor pouring out that i could milk a tube.

m0sh

^^ Fair enough mate.

I would try the TV, but I just don't see any benefits for me getting another one...if I lived in North America, things would have been different for sure.

m0sh,
Reactions: vorrange

natural farmer

Guess you never tried supers with your wife/girlfriend? lol Blow into the bottom with a loaded stem inserted and watch the vapour effortlessly billow out the stem!
Of course that doesn't mean that sucking on the stem draws air from underneath, right? Think about it...

natural farmer,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Dont get me wrong, I never said the taste was bad because of the electronics just unsafe. I just get a stale taste after hit 7 or 8 but i still get TONS of vapor

In the TV i dont get the quantity of vapor that i get with the solo. I get tasty hits with a med thick vapor until hit 12 or 14 then flavor and vapor drops off.

With the solo i dont get the quality of vapor i get from the TV. So i get good tasting hits until hit 7 then the flavor fades yet there is still enough vapor pouring out that i could milk a tube.

From what i have read it sounds like a good assessment to me. And it is similar to what i get in my DaVinci. I went with it instead of the Solo mostly because of the size and no-glass because of break propensity. Ed's wood stems and the new pvhes make it much more appealing than before.

^^ Fair enough mate.

I would try the TV, but I just don't see any benefits for me getting another one...if I lived in North America, things would have been different for sure.

I will problably end up getting the TV and replace my LB completely since it has almost the same level of stealth and the batteries last a bowl which is similar to the LB which lasts about 2 trenches and there is almost no way of combusting. Just have to figure out wether to get the T1 or the Evo.

There is always a place for the TV, especially if you don't like the hassle of glass stems and the weight and size when out and about. If you are always driving a car, then i guess there is really no point unless you need the stealth it gives you.

vorrange,

vape4life

Banned for life
Of course that doesn't mean that sucking on the stem draws air from underneath, right? Think about it...

Oh i've thought about it, much thanks. Ofcourse it doesn't mean that it draws air from underneath, but it could.

vape4life,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd

have been neglecting the tv as of late, this makes me want to load some fresh batteries and a bowl in it :ko:

Oh i've thought about it, much thanks. Ofcourse it doesn't mean that it draws air from underneath, but it could.

I agree, Especially when used through a water piece, which might have lots of suction.I feel it could draw some air from the bottom.

VaporBoxed,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Well, I was actually pulling a stem as I read that so I gave it a go, and your right. However that's when your blowing from the bottom, where it has nowhere to disperse from but the top. I still dont think much air is drawn from the bottom area when the holes in the top are that close. I can put my hand over the bottom while drawing and not loose any flow. Either way, I don't think cold air moving through the PCB area would be much of a health/flavor issue anyway

CentiZen,
Reactions: ili

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
back from a vape session away from the solo, felt weird. Still prefer the solo to the TV, the tv just got to hot and hard to hold the slide switch up long enough. As soon as I was hitting vapor clouds to my satisfaction, I had to set it down because of heat. So a portably issue for me, I just don't like hot vaporizers in my pocket, or on my hand. I know this isn't a vs thread, just my thoughts. On the solo side, I forget that it's on because its on my desk and I get distracted vaked and the damn timer goes off before I finnish my bowl. :doh:

kushcabbage,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I agree Vorrange and Mosh, was gonna say the same thing to vaporboxed earlier but got pulled away!

Those pics maybe a little deceiving, not sure which you saw. Just updated them yesterday, all now have been shot professionally and done well. All my tubes have the 4 notches in em, cross sectioned, a little more than an 1/8" wide and deep, and inserted in just the right spot provides great airflow.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
So what about the pvhes shorty. Has anyone got a very jagged one? i understand they had to cut them down but mine looks like it was mangled. No symetry on the cut, glass looks sharp. I love my straight pvhes, although it is so large i almost have to take the cap off for use. It fits the metal so tight I'm worried about a shatter. Already think i chipped it inserting. And I insert careful to prevent injury;).lol

Can you post pics of your stem?? Here is what mine looks like, for comparison ...sorry, didn't bother to clean it, it's getting lots of use as you can see...

sRTNL.jpg

Top Bottom