ABV Milkshake (My First Post)

filteredhead

Thanks for all of the info here everyone.

The abv i've been collecting the last 6 weeks or so is slightly lighter in shade than the duff I was collecting earlier this year. Turns out that my previously 4g dosage per milkshake was stronger than it needed to be for me. I experimented with more milkshakes using less (3.7g, 3.5g and 3.2g) of the lighter colored duff and have now settled on 3.5g as being my new normal dose which still produces a heavy body high and a medium head high.

In the past week started to save abv that is even lighter in shade (presuming more actives left in), so plan to take the dosage down to 3g when making milkshakes with this newer/even lighter abv. Please note that for some folks this dosage will be too much dosage, and for some it will be not enough, YMMV. For ref, I weigh about 190lbs and drink milkshakes on an empty stomach for breakfast. A buddy requested an abv shake and he was quite lit from it, same dosage but he weighs like 170lbs or so, definitely had a more pronounced effect on him using the same dosage amount. Some things to keep in mind while playing around with dosage levels. btw, according to my buddy, adding the banana definitely masks the abv taste.

More recently started experimenting with adding between 1.5g to 2.5g of lecithin granules in each milkshake (with 3.5g of abv). I've most recently settled on 2g of lecithin to 3.5g of abv per milkshake however would love to hear from others on this.

Without lecithin, I felt the milkshake coming on slightly after an hour from gulping it down, after 1.5 hours I would feel it coming on and in 2.5 hours would be feeling a strong high.
With lecithin added (2g), I feel the milkshake effects come on in approximately 30 minutes, kick-in after an hour and feel a strong high in approximately 1.5 hours.

filteredhead,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Can you do it without peanut butter? I don't like that stuff. I know earlier in the thread some said they just dumped it in a Wendy's shake that is similar to what I want to do. I just wanted to know if it works just as well or isn't as strong?

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Snappo

Peloton

Vapes Hard
Can you do it without peanut butter? I don't like that stuff. I know earlier in the thread some said they just dumped it in a Wendy's shake that is similar to what I want to do. I just wanted to know if it works just as well or isn't as strong?

In theory yes, the fats in the peanut butter enhances your bodies uptake of the actives we're after. Is it necessary? I say no. ABV is decarboxylated, you'll be okay skipping the peanut butter if you can't stand the stuff.

Dreamerr

Thanks Peloton, but doesn't say ice cream and/or heavy cream have just as much fat? If yes, I think that is why I didn't understand why the need for PB. I don't like ice tea either...what a strange person I am lol.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Snappo

olivianewtonjohn

Thanks Peloton, but doesn't say ice cream and/or heavy cream have just as much fat? If yes, I think that is why I didn't understand why the need for PB. I don't like ice tea either...what a strange person I am lol.

That is weird (not liking ice tea lol). Well I would guess the difference is in the various types of lipids found in milk vs nuts. Milk is comprised of mainly triglyceride fats vs peanuts which have monounsaturated fats. The difference in how the body treats the two IDK TBH

olivianewtonjohn,

Dreamerr

Sounds logical but who knows. I guess if I used ice cream with nuts which I do like it may be the same but my guess would be only if I grind them up which I don't want to:\. Gee for a weed this plant is surely a pain in the ass.

Dreamerr,

olivianewtonjohn

Sounds logical but who knows. I guess if I used ice cream with nuts which I do like it may be the same but my guess would be only if I grind them up which I don't want to:\. Gee for a weed this plant is surely a pain in the ass.

LOL or your weird for not liking peanut butter jk. Well how about blending the shake up and then eating some type of nut on the side with your shake?

olivianewtonjohn,

Dreamerr

I am strange but I like me that way hehe. I am gonna have nuts since I like butter pecan ice cream. I always add walnuts as well. Hmmmmm I wonder if wet walnuts will do better and way yummier. I just wonder how much of my creation will be left in the blender. I hope I don't have to go buy a magic bullet now instead ugh. This medicating stuff is getting expensive...ok it already is but it never stops.

Dreamerr,

stygian16

I.detected no Abv taste at all but the ridiculous amount of PB was almost unbearable. Still got my nice visuals and insane body high from the 3 tablespoons but I think I'll try dumping directly into the blender next time.

stygian16,

filteredhead

Dreamerr, maybe using coconut oil instead of PB? Even though you may not be a fan of CO it may work okay in the shake given the other ingredients you can put in there to hide the taste. My understanding is that the PB is not needed and the microwaving of the abv process is also not needed. I haven't tested to find out personally but have read the posts stating the abv should be good to eat as-is.

Have reduced the amount of PB the original recipe calls for and it still seems to work for me the same as it did before. I like and so use more nutella than the recipe calls for. For a shake without PB, I would try abv, nutella, fresh banana, strawberry ice cream blended with a little milk and lecithin.

Long ago some friends had me try Avocado shakes which were quite tasty to my surprise. Was just thinking maybe an ABV-Avocado shake would be good to try as well since avocados are rich in fats.

filteredhead,
Reactions: Dreamerr

Dreamerr

Great idea with the CO. Funny how you remembered I don't like the taste of coconut either but I can handle some if it is not overwhelming. I think I told the story of eating pedridge farm cookies and tasted coconut and then read the ingredients and it was way down the list by the bottom. I wonder if CO will even work since at that temp it will be solid...hmmmmm

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Lots of trails and stuff blending into other stuff, not unlike a decent mushroom trip.It happens each time I use at least 3Tbsp of finely ground ABV

i must brown my herb much more than you. i always eat my AVB in the 3g+ amounts. for me, i'd have to say, my effects are much more Mellow than Trippy. Right on though.. it sounds like a good time.:nod:

Buildozer,

olivianewtonjohn

^we should also take into account everyone reacts differently to different compounds. I usually have a very intense reaction compared to other people (can definitely be trippy for me)

olivianewtonjohn,

stygian16

Heh true true, the ABV is light Brown and very finely ground, I'd say the 3 oversized Tbsp was close to 6g. The next time I am definitely going for the coconut oil or similar oil method. I'm kind of over PB temporarily after that last milkshake.

SD_haze

Drinking 5g of ABV in 20oz of ABV Milkshake. My first one.
I did heat activate it in the microwave for 1.5min

I used gobs of peanut butter and maple syrup with milk & a banana.
It tastes like baskin robbins, 1% ABV taste.

Results to come :mmmm:

1st update:
--The taste is deceptive. The majority of the ABV particulates sink to the bottom so the top of the drink is less strong than the last 15% of it. I got it all though.
--Started sneezing like crazy
--Felt it within 20 minutes of starting to drink it

Breathemetal

I wonder what brought on the sneezing.
I really want to try this, but I need to get some lecithin caps first.

Breathemetal,

SD_haze

I wonder what brought on the sneezing.
I really want to try this, but I need to get some lecithin caps first.

Not sure, but it stopped after I finished the whole milkshake.

Next Day Update on 5g Milkshake:
--Experienced no nausea or headaches
--Slept 12.5 hours last night
--Sleeping that long is really rare for me so I feel amazing today!

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
I was inspired by this thread so I got out my jar of canna coconut infused oil and took about 4 Tbl spoons (guessing bc it was two big scoops from a table spoon) and mixed it with double the amount of jif creamy peanut butter in a bowl over a candle warmer. Once the concoction melted and just as It started to bubble ever so slightly I removed from heat source and let cool. Before it hardened I drizzled it over ice cream. Let it completly harden over the ice cream, like magic shell or a dipped cone for best results! I did this last night at our weekly poker game. We already talked about making dipped bananas with nuts and other delicous creations! Most took 3 Tbl spoons of the topping some only one. We were all thrilled with the taste as well as the results, it was amazing a must try!!!

DOOM

going for this for the first time in a while. Ran out of fresh stuff, so its on to this. Got nothing to do tonight or tomorrow so figured id live it up a little. im doing it slightly different than last time though. Tonights plans.

1. Buy NHL13 to keep me occupied.
2. Buy Frosty from wendys.
3. Dump ABV into frosty and mix
4. eat frosty.
5. get stoned

should be great.

Luckily I have a wendys across the street from me. I ran out of AVB. Will this work using a fresh batch of MJ without heating?

DOOM,

filteredhead

Ran across some organic coconut oil at local market and decided to try the avocado idea. It works good by itself however played with a few slight variations each time starting a few weeks ago and for the past week have been making ~12oz shakes/smoothies (one dose) like this:

stuff:
- 2 to 4g of abv (depending on abv color and desired effects)
- 2g to 3g of soy lecithin granules
- 1 to 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoon nutella
- .5 to 1 tablespoon condensed milk
- 1/2 med avocado
- 4 to 8oz crushed ice
optional stuff:
- 1/4 med banana
- 1 to 2oz milk/almond milk/soymilk/cream

steps:
0 use blender to make some crushed ice and store in freezer
1 powder abv in coffee grinder
2 infuse abv with heated coconut oil (microwave, or usb coffee cup warmer overnight)
3 warm and mix nutella with lecithin and coconut oil/abv mixture (microwave 40 to 50 seconds)
4 blend avocado and condensed milk in blender (optionally add banana and/or milk liquid)
5 combine abv/oil/lecithin/nutella mixture with smoothie/shake mixture in blender
6 add crushed ice little by little to smoothie/shake mixture in blender for desired thickness/coolness

Combining the abv mixture, fruit/milk and ice in the blender all at once works good too (as in combining steps 4, 5, and 6 together).

Just tried this with a milkshake, 5 grams of some brown ABV and about 3 grams of soy lecithin granules
Have you landed yet? (hopefully)

filteredhead,
Top Bottom